This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

finding a lump in your breast

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76 Re: finding a lump in your breast on 9/23/2018, 5:26 pm

2seaoat wrote:The oncologist explained that making her more healthy right now does nothing to help him remove the cancer, but after his treatment there would be no problem in a more holistic approach which actually would benefit her long term.

They are on their way up to Mayo now, and hopefully she will calmly listen to rational options for treatment on Monday, but I am afraid this is only going to get worse.

OK, that makes sense now, thanks. But obviously she wanted more/different opinions.

I sure hope things don't get worse. Someone needs to tell this woman to get moving on a valid treatment plan, NOW.

View user profile

77 Re: finding a lump in your breast on 9/24/2018, 1:17 am

Please don't forget to let us know what happens at Mayo. Hoping for a good meeting with a positive outcome.

View user profile

78 Re: finding a lump in your breast on 9/29/2018, 8:03 pm

We have only talked to the husband as they have been up there for three days and he said that his wife is buying completely into what Mayo is recommending. We simply have not heard from her and expect them back sometime this weekend. She is hopelessly influenced by facebook and we worry about irrational influences.

View user profile

79 Re: finding a lump in your breast on 9/30/2018, 2:25 am

2seaoat wrote:She is hopelessly influenced by facebook and we worry about irrational influences.

But if she's "buying completely into Mayo" isn't that a good sign?

View user profile

80 Re: finding a lump in your breast on 10/1/2018, 1:19 pm

My wife spoke with her this morning. She came in and told me she had lost her mind. She is afraid, and her behavior is getting crazy. She went into a gas station which is owned by Muslims and saw another Muslim give the owner some cash. She followed the car of the man who she described as dark as she called local police and wanted the man's car stopped, and they blew her off and told her to call crimestoppers, and then she ranted about Muslims at our local airport and they need to get investigated. She is one of the robotons who are avid Trump supporters, and sadly they are going back to Mayo for more testing on Wed, but she is talking about avoiding surgery and using homeopathic remedies for breast cancer where her brain seems to be damaged with erratic conversation and behavior. My wife is a good friend who listens, and after she had ranted for an hour she apologized to my wife, but it was this irrational rant about a titanium marker they want to insert to track her tumor where it has become insane.....she wants the doctors to certify that the marker is not from China.....this after she has already insulted a chinese doctor in Illinois.

Her husband is the only thing between this insanity and her getting proper medical care. Cancer sucks. Some people freak, some people become withdrawn, and some people simply play the cards which have been dealt, but it so important that friends and family have patience with her right now.

View user profile

81 Re: finding a lump in your breast on 10/1/2018, 6:10 pm

Good grief and a half. Mrs. Seaoat deserves a medal for listening to all this - a loyal friend indeed. The poor woman does sound deranged. And is this homeopathic method something Mayo recommended?? That would surprise me, I think. Of course, by this time Mrs. Sea is probably not certain about anything she's being told.

View user profile

82 Re: finding a lump in your breast on 10/1/2018, 7:16 pm

She does not know how much longer she can listen in her current mental state. Hopefully, things will get better with their visit to Mayo this week, but she is talking about some homeopathic treatment at the University of MN........which is just off the wall, but we will wait until late next week to get an update. The fear has her losing her mind, and the internet is not doing her any favors where she absorbs all the Russian propaganda and spews nonsense....to the point that she is interfering with her treatment. She is not an educated woman, but she was intelligent and we never saw twenty years ago these bizarre ideas.

View user profile

83 Re: finding a lump in your breast on 10/2/2018, 12:21 am

She could possibly have lesion on the brain or she just totally lost her mind.

View user profile

84 Re: finding a lump in your breast on 10/2/2018, 1:57 pm

She could possibly have lesion on the brain or she just totally lost her mind.

This has crossed our mind, but we suspect she was always a heavy pot smoker and we think her foggy thinking is partially connected to chronic pot smoking, and self medication for depression. She looks eighty, and is only 66 and we think she has not been happy by the cruel aging process she is experiencing as her complexion had too much sun exposure in her youth and she is having major dental problems. It is just some horrible cards being dealt and her panic is complex, but we hope her mental state will NOT interfere with sound medical treatment.

View user profile

85 Re: finding a lump in your breast on 10/8/2018, 8:01 pm

She allowed the doctors to put a tracker next to her tumor. This could only happen if they assured her it was American made. No lymph node involvement, as it appears that Mayo will present a plan of attack next week. My wife was able to cut her ramblings off as we were traveling with the grandkids, but she is talking crazy talk off the internet.....her husband has reached his limits and we really worry about her mental health. My wife will visit with her in person Wed, hoping that will go better than some of the recent phone calls.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum