This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

lightening strike

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 lightening strike on 8/29/2018, 9:42 am

Lost our modem and it will take three days to ship. We are piszed that the local office no longer carries the modems. I am using the tethering feature of the cell phone, but we are limited on bandwidth. At least one tv whacked as it will take weeks to find out what electronics got fried. Our antenna was damaged in a storm about a month ago, so we have no tv, no internet, and I am crashing as the liver fails as I just stare out into blank space. Not good.

View user profile

2 Re: lightening strike on 8/29/2018, 10:47 am

So sorry about the lightning strike and all the difficulties that presents; you most certainly don't need any more trials. Good grief, universe, let up on Sea!!

Just glad you still have a way to keep in touch. Please do.

View user profile

3 Re: lightening strike on 8/29/2018, 12:49 pm

There were bad storms the last two nights. The same ones... but i was fortunate. Just north of me there were terrible straight wind forces that took down 100+ foot trees... mostly pines. We needed the rain... but that was a bit much.

View user profile

4 Re: lightening strike on 8/29/2018, 12:59 pm

I hate lightning strikes. A tree by my house got zapped several years ago and luckily most of my electronics (including the big TVs -- I love my plasma and they don't make 'em anymore) survived, but it killed my phones, modem, DVD recorders, etc. Big pain replacing everything. Ever since then at the first rumble of thunder I go around the house unplugging all the good stuff...

View user profile

5 Re: lightening strike on 8/30/2018, 10:53 am

Still using the phone as a tethered hot spot, but hope the modem will be delivered this afternoon. The phone company said it would take five days to get the modem, so we ordered and figure it will be back up. We have had two strikes in the last ten years, and the last one cost us four thousand as the insurance company refused to cover our fried well. We changed companies, and in about four years the money we saved on premiums paid for that strike, and we are now reaping the benefits of lower insurance. So in that example the strike actually saved us long term.

The problem with going to online video service is that you put all your eggs in one basket, and when that basket tips over.......not good. She was able to order from her Prime Amazon account and get one day delivery for the same price as we are paying for a five day delivery. Next strike we will switch out the new modem. I am not missing my espn and CNN.

View user profile

6 Re: lightening strike on 8/30/2018, 9:12 pm

Amazon failed to make their one day delivery promise......oh well.....hopefully in the morning.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum