This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Has anybody done a DNA report?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Has anybody done a DNA report? on 8/20/2018, 8:26 pm

My kids want my wife and I to get a DNA heritage test. I think most of them are borderline bogus and have heard some horror stories with twins getting different results. My attitude is do it yourself if you want, but I am not real interested unless there is a high probability of accuracy. With that said, has anybody been tested and did they feel comfortable with the results and the methodology?

View user profile

2 Re: Has anybody done a DNA report? on 8/21/2018, 1:31 am

Have never done it and likely never will.  Hubby feels the same.  We don't like the idea of something so intimately personal about ourselves being "out there," subject to hacking or whatever.  Nobody's business but ours -- and to keep it absolutely ours means not submitting to testing at all.  Call it a privacy thing -- I don't know.  It just does not entice us in the least.

Hope you get some other input - should be interesting.

View user profile

3 Re: Has anybody done a DNA report? on 8/21/2018, 2:45 am

All they give you is your ethnic geography. My family has done it and my mother has come out half Jewish and us as 25% Jewish which now has led her to believe her father was not her father as her parents were both Scandinavian. Which may have been the case since they were both blue eyed straight haired individuals and she has brown eyes and curly hair. Possible but unlikely according to genetics.

View user profile

4 Re: Has anybody done a DNA report? on 8/21/2018, 8:44 am

I also have reservations as to privacy. In a world where the Russians are gathering information at a granular level, and in a world becoming more fascist, are the fascist going to go after blacks, muslims, and Jews. Who is going to get Dreams out of the concentration camp if this not just happenstance, and rather a long term information gathering operation.

My question is can a person submit a DNA heritage request which is submitted through a screening company where personal identity is not connected to the request. I share Linda's concern. I do not think our march to fascism is by accident, and those who are attacking democracy with intimidation and attacks certainly could have compromised these companies gather personal information.

Also, I suspect a great range in the quality of information provided by these services. I just do not entirely understand how the database works, and whether the accuracy of the testing is determined by the quantity of DNA applications, or are there markers which are standardized for geographic area, and what data is used to determine the same.

I am still cautious, and skeptical.

View user profile

5 Re: Has anybody done a DNA report? on 8/21/2018, 3:01 pm

Well, it won't be God getting me out that's for sure.

View user profile

6 Re: Has anybody done a DNA report? on 8/21/2018, 3:23 pm

Well, it won't be God getting me out that's for sure.

Are you afraid to leave your home?.......getting you out? I have this image of God knocking on Dreams door......will you come out today and enjoy my beautiful world........ Very Happy

View user profile

7 Re: Has anybody done a DNA report? on 8/22/2018, 11:02 am

Not buying the DNA.

God has gifted Dreams.

View user profile

8 Re: Has anybody done a DNA report? on 8/22/2018, 11:18 am

Never did it because I don't care. People are what they are. But if I did it, it'd probably be all over the place. I'm half-Hungarian, and all of Europe and Asia overran Hungary at some point in time. All my people did was fight...

View user profile

9 Re: Has anybody done a DNA report? on 8/22/2018, 1:01 pm

My sister is digging up our genealogy and did a dna swab. I do find family history interesting. But not enough to buy dna unless there was a necessity for family medical traits. I bet within a few generations the govt will do it.

View user profile

10 Re: Has anybody done a DNA report? on 8/22/2018, 4:01 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:Not buying the DNA.

God has gifted Dreams.

Gifted me w/ what? LOL!

View user profile

11 Re: Has anybody done a DNA report? on 8/22/2018, 4:02 pm

2seaoat wrote:Well, it won't be God getting me out that's for sure.

Are you afraid to leave your home?.......getting you out?  I have this image of God knocking on Dreams door......will you come out today and enjoy my beautiful world........ Very Happy

I was talking about your concentration camp remark.

View user profile

12 Re: Has anybody done a DNA report? on 8/24/2018, 8:33 am

I sent off for one of those.  It came back showing mostly from areas of Spain and France with a smattering of Eastern Europe (my father was from France originally)

No MesoAmerican which surprised me a bit, considering my mother's Criollo ancestors were in what is now the country of Mexico for many generations.  I'd always assumed we'd have intermarried with someone with some "native" blood at some point, but I guess not?

But also with a small percentage from the area of Greece thrown in to boot.  I don't know where that came from?  But I like Dolmadakia, so there must be something to it.  Smile

View user profile

13 Re: Has anybody done a DNA report? on 8/25/2018, 4:45 am

Joanimaroni wrote:Not buying the DNA.

God has gifted Dreams.

If God has gifted me he's keeping it a secret from me.

View user profile

14 Re: Has anybody done a DNA report? on 8/26/2018, 6:05 pm

 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.-- James 1:19-20

TELL ALL THAT TO DONALD TRUMP.  HE'S THE ONE WHO NEEDS TO HEAR AND HEED IT.

View user profile

15 Re: Has anybody done a DNA report? on 8/26/2018, 6:05 pm

Vikingwoman wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Not buying the DNA.

God has gifted Dreams.

If God has gifted me he's keeping it a secret from me.

lol!

View user profile

16 Re: Has anybody done a DNA report? on 8/27/2018, 8:12 am

RealLindaL wrote:  My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.-- James 1:19-20

TELL ALL THAT TO DONALD TRUMP.  HE'S THE ONE WHO NEEDS TO HEAR AND HEED IT.

" ---- He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone ---"  (John 8:7)


I will not give you a litany here, but if you know the scriptures you know there are numerous instances where God has worked His will through men with sinful pasts.

We all fall short of the grace of God. God is perfect and being so no one may join with him who is not also, otherwise He would not, could not, be perfect That's why He, in His love for us, sent His Son to atone for us, so that we may be perfect with God.

President Trump has kept and is endeavoring to continue keeping his campaign promises. I believe from his words and actions that President Trump sincerely has the best interest of our nation and all of our people at heart.

President Trump has proclaimed he is Christian, which means he has admitted  his imperfection before God, and is thus a recipient of God's Grace through his Son Jesus Christ.  Perhaps he has not the most perfect understanding of the scriptures or God's plan, but that is not a requirement of God.

I would not presume to know the mind of God as to who is saved and who is not.  I can but only have faith in the promises He has made as told to us through the scriptures. I will leave the ultimate judgement of President Trump's life and soul to God.

Sometimes I think those who spew such hatred towards President Trump should spend a little less time listening to the talking heads on the loony lying liberal media with their cherry picked sound bites they twist out of context and actually listen with an open mind to the President's actual words and meaning when he speaks.

May I suggest you note in this video clip how President Trump's words are not scripted. There is no teleprompter.  It's apparent he is speaking from his heart.


View user profile

17 Re: Has anybody done a DNA report? on 8/27/2018, 10:22 am

ConservaLady wrote:
" ---- He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone ---"  (John 8:7)


I will not give you a litany here, but if you know the scriptures you know there are numerous instances where God has worked His will through men with sinful pasts.

We all fall short of the grace of God. God is perfect and being so no one may join with him who is not also, otherwise He would not, could not, be perfect That's why He, in His love for us, sent His Son to atone for us, so that we may be perfect with God.

President Trump has kept and is endeavoring to continue keeping his campaign promises. I believe from his words and actions that President Trump sincerely has the best interest of our nation and all of our people at heart.

President Trump has proclaimed he is Christian, which means he has admitted  his imperfection before God, and is thus a recipient of God's Grace through his Son Jesus Christ.  Perhaps he has not the most perfect understanding of the scriptures or God's plan, but that is not a requirement of God.

I would not presume to know the mind of God as to who is saved and who is not.  I can but only have faith in the promises He has made as told to us through the scriptures. I will leave the ultimate judgement of President Trump's life and soul to God.

Sometimes I think those who spew such hatred towards President Trump should spend a little less time listening to the talking heads on the loony lying liberal media with their cherry picked sound bites they twist out of context and actually listen with an open mind to the President's actual words and meaning when he speaks.

May I suggest you note in this video clip how President Trump's words are not scripted. There is no teleprompter.  It's apparent he is speaking from his heart.


If you have to post this lunacy at least keep it on the political forum. We're used to your imbecillic trolling, but people who want to avoid it should be allowed a refuge.

View user profile

18 Re: Has anybody done a DNA report? on 8/27/2018, 12:51 pm

I will leave the ultimate judgement of President Trump's life and soul to God.

your gaps in understanding the scriptures are offensive. "I will leave".....thank you for giving your permission. You do not speak for God who is connected to each of us without your input. Get over this hubris.

View user profile

19 Re: Has anybody done a DNA report? on 8/27/2018, 5:15 pm

ConservaLady wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:  My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.-- James 1:19-20

TELL ALL THAT TO DONALD TRUMP.  HE'S THE ONE WHO NEEDS TO HEAR AND HEED IT.

" ---- He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone ---"  (John 8:7)


I will not give you a litany here, but if you know the scriptures you know there are numerous instances where God has worked His will through men with sinful pasts.

We all fall short of the grace of God. God is perfect and being so no one may join with him who is not also, otherwise He would not, could not, be perfect That's why He, in His love for us, sent His Son to atone for us, so that we may be perfect with God.

President Trump has kept and is endeavoring to continue keeping his campaign promises. I believe from his words and actions that President Trump sincerely has the best interest of our nation and all of our people at heart.

President Trump has proclaimed he is Christian, which means he has admitted  his imperfection before God, and is thus a recipient of God's Grace through his Son Jesus Christ.  Perhaps he has not the most perfect understanding of the scriptures or God's plan, but that is not a requirement of God.

I would not presume to know the mind of God as to who is saved and who is not.  I can but only have faith in the promises He has made as told to us through the scriptures. I will leave the ultimate judgement of President Trump's life and soul to God.

Sometimes I think those who spew such hatred towards President Trump should spend a little less time listening to the talking heads on the loony lying liberal media with their cherry picked sound bites they twist out of context and actually listen with an open mind to the President's actual words and meaning when he speaks.

May I suggest you note in this video clip how President Trump's words are not scripted. There is no teleprompter.  It's apparent he is speaking from his heart.




Yeah, God sent his son to atone for us and he's never been heard of again and everybody went back to killing, raping and robbing. What a bunch of horseshit!

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum