Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Top Lawyer in White House Gives Mueller Coveted Details

+4
EmeraldGhost
PkrBum
2seaoat
othershoe1030
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

According to an interview on MSNBC with Michael Schmidt, the reporter on this story, Mr. McGahn was given permission to meet with the Mueller investigation. He then worried that Trump would try to pin any problems with conspiracy charges on him (McGahn). He is cooperating closely with the Special counsel giving them information as to the president's state of mind at the time of the Comey firing etc.  

Top Lawyer in White House Gives Mueller Coveted Details
By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT and MAGGIE HABERMAN 33 minutes ago
The White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, was a witness to key episodes at the heart of the obstruction inquiry overseen by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III.
In an unusual example of cooperation, Mr. McGahn described to investigators the president’s furor toward the Russia inquiry and the ways in which he urged Mr. McGahn to respond to it.

https://www.nytimes.com

2seaoat

I sense the rain is falling at a record rate and that earthen dam is getting soaked and compromised. When this thing breaks, there will be a line of folks trying to protect their asz, because it is NOT COLLUSION, but criminal conspiracy and they know they could end up in jail if they do not cooperate. Donald Trump is oblivious. He thinks he will simply pardon his family members and close friends before he leaves, but I believe that the articles of impeachment should have an article which voids ab initio any pardon which involve participating co conspirators. If a group in the house drafts this article of impeachment, people would scurry like rats off a sinking ship, talking their asz off.

PkrBum

PkrBum

This was my favorite part... lol.

"according to a person with knowledge of Trump's thinking"

2seaoat

This was my favorite part... lol.

"according to a person with knowledge of Trump's thinking"

Very Happy

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

“This sure has echoes of Richard Nixon’s White House counsel, John Dean, who in 1973 feared that Nixon was setting him up as a fall guy for Watergate and secretly gave investigators crucial help while still in his job,” said the historian Michael Beschloss.

This administration is a nightmare and we haven't hit bottom yet.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Haven't followed every nuance of this story .... but couldn't this also be viewed as the administration cooperating and being transparent with the Special Counsel's investigation ... warts and all?

I guess it depends on how one chooses to spin it?

So .... the President is angry about the investigation and says so publicly and privately. What's the relevance of that to , well ... anything at all,really?

PkrBum

PkrBum

I wonder if he got immunity like cheryl mills? Lol.. ya right. Hillary's team got immunities and trump's get raids.

Sure would be nice if there were rule of law across the entire govt.

2seaoat

I wonder if he got immunity like cheryl mills? Lol.. ya right. Hillary's team got immunities and trump's get raids.

Huh? I keep waiting for all these things to happen with Hillary now that Jeff Sessions is the AG, but nothing. I guess it is convenient not to follow that path because how would a Trump groupie survive without making false equivalency arguments every time Trump or his band of reality stars drops the ball.....but but but Hillary. comedic

Vikingwoman

PkrBum wrote:I wonder if he got immunity like cheryl mills? Lol.. ya right. Hillary's team got immunities and trump's get raids.

Oh yeah? You didn't complain when the Bush WH got virtually nothing for having private servers and deleting hundreds of thousands of emails, did ya?

PkrBum

PkrBum

Vikingwoman wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I wonder if he got immunity like cheryl mills? Lol.. ya right. Hillary's team got immunities and trump's get raids.

Oh yeah? You didn't complain when the Bush WH got virtually nothing for having private servers and deleting hundreds of thousands of emails, did ya?

Did you know that cheryl mills was involved when bill Clinton (hillary) destroyed more than that?

Hillary's server wasn't her first obstruction of justice.

https://nypost.com/2016/09/24/why-did-feds-grant-immunity-to-hilllarys-highly-improper-aide

House GOPer unmasks identities of anti-Trump FBI agents
If anyone would know Hillary consigliere Cheryl Mills’ reputation for obstructing investigations, it’s FBI Director James Comey. He complained about her lack of cooperation while probing Clinton scandals in the 1990s. Yet he agreed to give Mills immunity from prosecution in his probe of Hillary’s illegal e-mails as secretary of state, where Mills was chief of staff.

As a Whitewater investigator for the Senate in the mid-1990s, Comey sought information from Mills; but wouldn’t you know, the then-deputy White House counsel claimed a burglar stole her notes.

Comey concluded that Hillary Clinton ordered Mills to block investigators. The obstruction, the Senate committee found, included the “destruction of documents” and other “highly improper . . . misconduct.”

Two years later, Mills was in the middle of another Hillary scandal, involving the then-first lady’s integration of White House and Democratic National Committee computer databases.

This time the House subpoenaed information from Mills, who not only withheld the documents but, a government committee said, “lied under oath” — prompting staff lawyers to send a criminal referral to the Justice Department demanding prosecutors charge Mills with obstruction of justice and perjury.

In 2000, a Commerce Department official testified that Mills ordered her to “withhold” from investigators e-mails and other documents exposing yet another scandal involving the first lady — the selling of seats on foreign trade junkets for campaign cash.

At the same time, a federal judge suggested Mills helped orchestrate a cover-up that blamed a technical “glitch” in the White House archiving system that conveniently resulted in the loss of 1.8 million e-mails under subpoena in the Monica Lewinsky, Filegate and other scandal investigations.

Fast-forward to Hillary’s tenure as secretary. In October 2012, Mills sorted through key Benghazi documents and decided which to withhold from a review board. She also leaned on witnesses. Deputy ambassador to Libya Gregory Hicks testified before Congress in 2013 that Mills told him in an angry phone call to stop cooperating with investigators.

The FBI chief was fully aware of Mills’ M.O. when he launched his investigation. Yet even after discovering she was in the middle of everything improper, if not illegal, he treated her with kid gloves.

Comey knew it was Mills who had Hillary’s e-mails moved off her private unsecured server and onto laptops, where she decided which ones were government-related and OK for public release and which were “personal.” He knew it was Mills who shredded the e-mails that were printed out and who had the rest of the 31,000 e-mails deleted, and then had the laptops bleached clean.

And he knew it was Mills who told the Denver tech who maintained the server to stop retaining her e-mails and to delete Hillary’s archived e-mails, all of which the tech dutifully performed after Congress subpoenaed them and ordered them preserved.

Even so, Comey agreed to grant Mills immunity in exchange for her cooperation in the investigation. He also agreed to ground rules that left some lines of inquiry off-limits. When agents in April tried to pin her down on the procedures she used to search for Hillary’s e-mails under order, she and her lawyer stormed out of the room. So much for Comey’s cooperative witness.

Mills claimed such information was protected under “attorney-client privilege,” which is ridiculous. Mills was chief of staff for Hillary, not her lawyer, at the time Hillary was bypassing government security and squirreling away state secrets in her basement.

And even though Mills deleted the records after she left State and was supposedly acting as Hillary’s attorney then, privilege does not apply when a client seeks advice on how to commit a crime and the crime is committed.

Yet Comey’s agents abided by her claim and never pursued the line of questioning again. In effect, they gave her a pass on the whole question of the criminal obstruction behind which she looks to be the mastermind. And then, three months later, they let her sit in on Hillary’s interview even though Hillary was represented by attorney David Kendall!

Mills should be dragged before Congress to publicly answer questions the FBI refused to ask her. But she would just lie with impunity like she did in her past testimony involving other Hillary scandals.

Rather, it would be more productive to grill Comey under the klieg lights. Why did he give a key suspect who orchestrated the destruction of government records immunity as a witness? Why didn’t he demand prosecutors convene a grand jury to question Mills under oath? Was he pressured by the attorney general?

Sweating Mills could have cracked the case wide open. No one would have ever let H.R. Haldeman get away with editing the Nixon tapes. Why would the FBI director let Hillary’s chief of staff get away with deleting her e-mails?

Last edited by PkrBum on 8/19/2018, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vikingwoman

The question is why are you so concerned about Hillary's emails and weren't about Bush's?

PkrBum

PkrBum

I'm for total govt transparency and preservation of ALL records. Why aren't you?

2seaoat

I'm for total govt transparency and preservation of ALL records. Why aren't you?

That is not true. Please show me where any of these folks that you claimed destroyed records were indicted? You have inconsistent standards and then try to project your continual Don Quixote quests to find criminality with Hillary Clinton. You promised us prosecutions. Where are they, or will we have to listen to this whine with our cheese every time Trump steps in chit?

Vikingwoman

PkrBum wrote:I'm for total govt transparency and preservation of ALL records. Why aren't you?

Then why didn't you and why are you only crying about Hillary?

PkrBum

PkrBum

Vikingwoman wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I'm for total govt transparency and preservation of ALL records. Why aren't you?

Then why didn't you and why are you only crying about Hillary?

I was plenty critical of bush2. Also didn't vote for him the second term. But i bet you voted for hillary.

PkrBum

PkrBum

2seaoat wrote:That is not true.  Please show me where any of these folks that you claimed destroyed records were indicted?

That's just dumb. I just pointed out the preferential treatment she and her team received. The fix was in.

2seaoat

That's just dumb. I just pointed out the preferential treatment she and her team received. The fix was in.

So that is your answer, preference.  How about applying the standards of an element of a crime.  You never did.  You never will, and in the absence of meeting that standard, your answer is that has been preferential.  Embarassed

PkrBum

PkrBum

2seaoat wrote:That's just dumb. I just pointed out the preferential treatment she and her team received. The fix was in.

So that is your answer, preference.  How about applying the standards of an element of a crime.  You never did.  You never will, and in the absence of meeting that standard, your answer is that has been preferential.  Embarassed

Not only did he lie about knowledge of her illegal server (which we know he was using a clandestine email account to correspond with her)... he also spoke to the ongoing investigation. Highly inappropriate... but a glimpse of what was to happen and the reason i said all along that the fix was in.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/17/us/politics/obamas-comments-on-clinton-emails-collide-with-fbi-inquiry.html

2seaoat

Too funny! Illegal server.......not.

PkrBum

PkrBum

2seaoat wrote:Too funny!  Illegal server.......not.

Actually... it is when used for classified govt work. Especially when the national archive is circumvented.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3307197/Hillary-signed-State-Department-contract-saying-job-know-documents-classified-secret-laid-criminal-penalties-negligent-handling.html

Hillary Clinton's claim that she was unaware top secret documents on her private email server were highly classified took a hit on Friday, with the revelation of a State Department contract she signed in 2009.

The 'Sensitive Compartmented Information Nondisclosure Agreement,' which Clinton inked during her second day as Secretary of State, declared that she was personally responsible for determining if sensitive documents in her possession were classified at the government's highest level.

'I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with appropriate management authorities in the Department … in order to ensure that I know whether information or material within my knowledge or control that I have reason to believe might be SCI.'

SCI – Sensitive Compartmented Information – is the highest level of 'top secret' classification, applying to information so sensitive because of the sources and methods used to obtain it that it can only be viewed in a special room, hardened against electronic eavesdropping, constructed for that purpose.

https://www.archives.gov/about/laws

2seaoat

Nope. Understand the words you use. Illegal means something. You have failed to meet that standard with the cut and paste.... the hand is faster than the eye. Nope. not illegal.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ATTENTION: This thread is not about Hillary Clinton.

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
ATTENTION:  This thread is not about Hillary Clinton.

cheers cheers cheers

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Floridatexan wrote:

Ha! Reminds me of that line in the Harry Potter movie:

"He whose name must not be spoken"

Laughing Laughing

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Vikingwoman wrote:

Floridatexan wrote:

This thread isn't about "shrub" either.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum