This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Knothead...How are you?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

126Knothead...How are you? - Page 6 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? on 8/6/2019, 11:39 am

RealLindaL wrote:
knothead wrote:while I am at the confessional  I do enjoy texting immensely.Laughing .  

So, apparently, do millions of others.  

Do you think you (and/or anyone else here) could please articulate for me the great attraction of texting?  I'm seriously interested to know why it's so addictive for so many.  I just don't get it.  What puts it head and shoulders over emailing, for instance, much less actually talking on the phone?

LL, This one is easy to answer but like most things is not a one size fits all thing. Personally I am definitely not addicted but it is simply a question of convenience. The ability to communicate directly and get to the point without the need to get into a long winded discussion about the weather. It was always kinda mysterious to me as well. I have a family member (cousin) who lives in Pueblo, CO and she hounded me forever about my intractability. Once I had a phone with that capability she was the first person I sent a text to, It's fascinating and very very efficient. The owner of Peg Legs is friend of mine and he once told me he manages his business almost exclusively thru the use of texting. Hope this helps LL.
ps . . . . come toward the light! lol

View user profile

127Knothead...How are you? - Page 6 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? on 8/6/2019, 3:18 pm

Fascinating in what way? And why so much more efficient than email?

In any case, more power to you, knot, but no thanks, not for me. I don't wish to be permanently tethered to any device.

View user profile

128Knothead...How are you? - Page 6 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? on 8/6/2019, 3:57 pm

RealLindaL wrote:Fascinating in what way?  And why so much more efficient than email?

In any case, more power to you, knot, but no thanks, not for me.  I don't wish to be permanently tethered to any device.

I hope to never be too old to be fascinated. I am not advocating you sign up for texting service at all, simply pointing out the convenience and practicality of the technology. Your choice to remain where you are technologically makes perfect sense if you find comfort there. I have devices yet utilize less than 2% of their capacity due to my own lack of "geekiness" and I am cool with that place. Truth is if I get stuck I have my 15 yr. old grand daughter to tighten me up!

View user profile

129Knothead...How are you? - Page 6 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? on 8/6/2019, 4:02 pm

I like it....in touch with my kids and grandkids. Communication is a beep away!

View user profile

130Knothead...How are you? - Page 6 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? on 8/6/2019, 5:56 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:I like it....in touch with my kids and grandkids. Communication is a beep away!

Absolutely, it's quick, efficient and so easy!

View user profile

131Knothead...How are you? - Page 6 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? on 8/6/2019, 5:56 pm

I hate it but sometimes I have to text because that's how my son and daughter in law like to communicate.  I don't type well on my phone because, in spite of having the big iPhone, it's still not big enough not to make a lot of mistakes. It's definitely not as easy as typing on a computer keyboard.

My 2 daughters and son-in-law know how I feel about texting, so they don't do it to me, but, like I said, I can't cure my son. He runs a business and says it's quicker for him to text a couple of times a day than to have a decent conversation. Consequently, I call him late at night after I know his business dealings are over and we talk then, since we both stay up late anyway.
You don't get voice inflections on texts, you don't always get the whole story on texts, their only value is you can send a picture while you talk.

But with my typing skills, they often take as long as a phone conversation. So it's a waste of time anyway if somebody wants an answer back. That's just my opinion and I suspect I'm in the minority. Most people seem to like it.

View user profile

132Knothead...How are you? - Page 6 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? on 8/6/2019, 10:20 pm

I dictate!

View user profile

133Knothead...How are you? - Page 6 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? on 8/7/2019, 12:15 am

bigdog wrote:That's just my opinion and I suspect I'm in the minority. Most people seem to like it.

You and I both, bigdog.  But at least you have a smart phone.  Not !!  Just do not need it.

And btw, knot, I do have the ability to send and receive texts, but it's particularly inconvenient on my FLIP PHONE - yes! A flip phone and proud of it!

View user profile

134Knothead...How are you? - Page 6 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? on 8/7/2019, 11:53 am

RealLindaL wrote:
bigdog wrote:That's just my opinion and I suspect I'm in the minority. Most people seem to like it.

You and I both, bigdog.  But at least you have a smart phone.  Not !!  Just do not need it.

And btw, knot, I do have the ability to send and receive texts, but it's particularly inconvenient on my FLIP PHONE - yes! A flip phone and proud of it!

LL, no argument from me on your having a flip phone . . . . actually I admire your resilience more than you know. Do what works best for you and you'll not hear any sniping from me.

View user profile

135Knothead...How are you? - Page 6 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? on 8/7/2019, 3:18 pm

Knot, you're just a peach of a guy, plain and simple. Thanks for your unfailing support.

View user profile

136Knothead...How are you? - Page 6 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? on 8/8/2019, 1:05 pm

RealLindaL wrote:Knot, you're just a peach of a guy, plain and simple.  Thanks for your unfailing support.

Perhaps my senses have failed me but your comment sounded a bit on the sarcastic side but excuse me if that's incorrect AND it's totally okay if you were being sarcastic, I'm good with you in all respects!Wink

View user profile

137Knothead...How are you? - Page 6 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? on 8/9/2019, 2:32 am

knothead wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Knot, you're just a peach of a guy, plain and simple.  Thanks for your unfailing support.

Perhaps my senses have failed me but your comment sounded a bit on the sarcastic side but excuse me if that's incorrect AND it's totally okay if you were being sarcastic, I'm good with you in all respects!Wink  

Whoa! Now I'm wondering if I was the one who misinterpreted something as sincere when it wasn't, else how in the world could you have possibly taken my comment as sarcastic? Absolutely not, knot!! I meant every word most sincerely, 100%.

View user profile

138Knothead...How are you? - Page 6 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? on 8/9/2019, 10:12 am

RealLindaL wrote:
knothead wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Knot, you're just a peach of a guy, plain and simple.  Thanks for your unfailing support.

Perhaps my senses have failed me but your comment sounded a bit on the sarcastic side but excuse me if that's incorrect AND it's totally okay if you were being sarcastic, I'm good with you in all respects!Wink  

Whoa!  Now I'm wondering if I was the one who misinterpreted something as sincere when it wasn't, else how in the world could you have possibly taken my comment as sarcastic?  Absolutely not, knot!!  I meant every word most sincerely, 100%.

cheers cheers cheers

View user profile

139Knothead...How are you? - Page 6 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? Yesterday at 4:45 pm

UPDATE:

My surgery to repair the ventral incisional hernia is over and I am now recuperating at a rehabilitation facility only three miles from our house! My wife brought me a delicious steak burger from Steak and Shake today.

Seriously, it's been a very difficult journey but am now emerging out of the fog and beginning to feel a degree of normalcy which we all crave. I have had excellent care in every phase from surgeons and surgical staff along with the technicians and food servers who all arrived daily with a smile on their face. Exemplary seems to be the proper word. I still have two drains in my abdomen that will remain until the fluid output reaches a minimum output but they serve a critical purpose of course but anyway it's all good and I am so relieved to have all this stuff behind us. Life is so precious!

View user profile

140Knothead...How are you? - Page 6 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? Yesterday at 4:55 pm

Wow knot, thanks so much for the very informative and wonderfully upbeat post! I'm so very sorry that we/I forgot about your planned surgery and truly appreciate your taking the time to update us. I'm sure I speak for everyone in wishing your "exemplary" treatment -- and your return to normalcy-- to continue unabated.

Please stay close and keep us in the loop! You're a true trooper.

View user profile

141Knothead...How are you? - Page 6 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? Yesterday at 5:24 pm

Glad it is over and you are doing well. Please keep us posted!

View user profile

142Knothead...How are you? - Page 6 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? Yesterday at 5:29 pm

RealLindaL wrote:Wow knot, thanks so much for the very informative and wonderfully upbeat post!   I'm so very sorry that we/I forgot about your planned surgery and truly appreciate your taking the time to update us.  I'm sure I speak for everyone in wishing your "exemplary" treatment -- and your return to normalcy-- to continue unabated.

Please stay close and keep us in the loop!  You're a true trooper.


Appreciate your words LL, I am doing so well and my strength is slowly returning. I have suffered from episodes of depression all through this year-long ordeal but now my spirit seems to be returning and I can see the sun shining through the clouds! YOU are the trooper!

View user profile

143Knothead...How are you? - Page 6 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? Yesterday at 5:30 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:Glad it is over and you are doing well. Please keep us posted!

thanks joani, me too!!

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum