This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inspiring Story

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Inspiring Story on 7/18/2018, 10:44 am

View user profile

2 Re: Inspiring Story on 7/18/2018, 11:58 am

Agh, they want to charge to read the link, so I can't see if this is the same story I read about around a year or so ago. There was a guy who'd been walking some crazy distance to get to work, and I think they got him a car, too. Either way, good to see someone's dedication and effort get rewarded... if it happened with more than one guy, even better.

View user profile

3 Re: Inspiring Story on 7/18/2018, 11:58 am

Now that's charity. Notice how good it makes both of them feel.

View user profile

4 Re: Inspiring Story on 7/18/2018, 12:26 pm

zsomething wrote:Agh, they want to charge to read the link, so I can't see if this is the same story I read about around a year or so ago.   There was a guy who'd been walking some crazy distance to get to work, and I think they got him a car, too.   Either way, good to see someone's dedication and effort get rewarded... if it happened with more than one guy, even better.

That's the WAPO for you, if you clear your cookies/cache you can read it. They only give you so many articles before they want to charge but if you clear your computer it's like starting over. I do it once a week because i'm "thrifty". It's not the story you mentioned though, it's a new one, reminds me that not everything is gloom and doom in this country.

View user profile

5 Re: Inspiring Story on 7/18/2018, 12:30 pm

gatorfan wrote:
zsomething wrote:Agh, they want to charge to read the link, so I can't see if this is the same story I read about around a year or so ago.   There was a guy who'd been walking some crazy distance to get to work, and I think they got him a car, too.   Either way, good to see someone's dedication and effort get rewarded... if it happened with more than one guy, even better.

That's the WAPO for you, if you clear your cookies/cache you can read it. They only give you so many articles before they want to charge but if you clear your computer it's like starting over. I do it once a week because i'm "thrifty". It's not the story you mentioned though, it's a new one, reminds me that not everything is gloom and doom in this country.

Thanks, I'll check into the cookie thing, because I get that on a bunch of websites. Glad it's a new story, the more things like this happen, the better.

View user profile

6 Re: Inspiring Story on 7/18/2018, 1:03 pm

There are people in dire circumstances in this country who are willing to work, but their circumstances make it so difficult. I had a friend who paid for a mexican locker room attendant's son's college education, and never let another person know. It was at his wake that the kid told me what my friend had done. There are good people in this world who have resources and who share them with less fortunate. These people do not want to be congratulated. They simply want to live their life doing what they can to help people. No tv, or spotlights telling the world what a great person they are.....no America has good people who when not divided by opportunist, Mic, and political interest groups, and understand that their good fortune and luck are but for the grace of God is all that divides him from families which are struggling.

View user profile

7 Re: Inspiring Story on 7/18/2018, 2:21 pm

As long as they stay off of your property... of course. Rolling Eyes

View user profile

8 Re: Inspiring Story on 7/18/2018, 2:37 pm

Yep, but at our project in Santa Rosa County with three no trespassing signs and a closed gate, a woman drove over our planted tall grasses and proceeded to get stuck to her axle at our ponds, and rutting and destroying the ground between two ponds, my neighbor called the police. The sheriff arrived and said we only had three no trespassing signs and the front of the property really needed five. No police report. No arrest. I have no use for vandals, thieves, and trespassers. You can coddle them, but I do not coddle criminals. So how does this have to do with a guy who got help with transportation? I am currently housing a homeless person since March covering his rent until he can get on his feet. He was sleeping in his truck at walmarts. He now has a safe air conditioned bedroom and private bathroom as he struggles with a learning disability and has no family in Santa Rosa County. He works hard at odd jobs, but he is just one more lost person who nobody gives a chit. There is a big divide between a trespasser and a person down on their luck.

View user profile

9 Re: Inspiring Story on 7/19/2018, 11:47 am

Good story Gator. Thanks.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum