Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tariffs

+8
PkrBum
Telstar
ConservaLady
Deus X
RealLindaL
polecat
gatorfan
2seaoat
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Tariffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Tariffs 8/3/2018, 9:27 am

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

Trump’s Transactional Worldview is a Benefit
By Brandon J. Weichert| August 1st, 2018

President Donald Trump is not playing three-dimensional chess while everyone else is playing checkers. Certainly, compared to his rivals—Republican and Democrat alike—the president is running circles around them. But the political feats that Trump has been performing are rooted in common sense. If anything, Trump has disproportionately benefited from the efficient combination of arrogance and ignorance on the part of his enemies.

Let’s be clear, though: Trump is not the idiot that his opponents would make him out to be.

To understand Trump, simply read his two books: The Art of the Deal and The Art of the Comeback. Then watch some old episodes of The Apprentice. That’s Donald Trump. What you see is a brash, wheeling-and-dealing, Manhattan real estate mogul who refuses to take “no” for an answer—and who has the ability to speak simple truths. He has applied this principle in every facet of his life—and he’s employing these features in his presidency to great effect.

Princeton University historian Julian Zelitzer writes at CNN.com that Trump, much to his chagrin, is “normal.” Zelitzer’s moment of truth was not brought on by the simple fact that Trump was able to win the presidency by toppling two political dynasties (the Bushes and Clintons). Instead, Zelitzer bases his “shocking” conclusion on snippets of an audio recording from 2016 that Trump’s former attorney, Michael Cohen, surreptitiously made of the two men discussing a (purported) payoff to a Playboy playmate, who was threatening to divulge  to the press the details of an alleged torrid affair from 2006.

As Zelitzer agonizes:
No, on this tape we hear a little bit of a methodical and controlled candidate who is trying to figure out how to handle a potential problem in his campaign—how to kill an embarrassing story. He listens, absorbs and responds. He knows what is going on, and he wants a workable plan.

A man who ran a multi-billion dollar global real estate empire makes plans?! Whodathunkit?

No Overarching Theory
To say that Trump doesn’t have a plan is misleading. Commentators in the media have been arguing that Trump lacks a coherent worldview for years. They’re wrong. The president doesn’t have some mystifying overarching theory that unites everything together. Such views of the world often are not only wrong but also usually dangerous.

You’re (thankfully) not going to get lectures from the president about the hallowed beauty of open borders and “free” trade; you’re also unlikely to hear Hegelian claptrap about history ending or arcing “toward justice” (whatever that means). Trump has boiled governance down to a few, businesslike issues (without losing sight of the fact that the United States is a country rather than a corporation)—all which redound to making (and keeping) America strong and competitive.

Unlike Trump’s rivals, the president’s transactional worldview is based solely on earned life experience as the world’s ultimate celebrity salesman (mainly, Trump knows from experience that people want what they want . . . and if you give it to them, everyone prospers).

Trump has identified that trade, immigration, and foreign policy have been completely out-of-sync with American interests. The president also recognized that the class of “experts” who comprise America’s internationalist, bicoastal elite, are either too ignorant or malicious to enact policies that would benefit the majority of Americans.

Telling the Truth About International Relations
Trump’s greatest insight has been that the postwar international order is fraying. The fact that the“Liberal International Order” is collapsing is not his fault. Heck, it’s not even entirely the fault of Trump’s presidential predecessors. It’s just nature. All things in this world—whether manmade or not—adhere to the law of entropy: once a system becomes too complex, it begins breaking down. This is precisely what the world has been experiencing.

What began as a system that universally benefited the United States in 1945 is all but gone today. Trump is the first leader to not only publicly acknowledge this fact, but also to act accordingly once in office. After all, many presidential candidates—notably George W. Bush in 2000—recognized these basic truths, too. But, once ensconced in the White House, these leaders became the very same swamp dwellers they had initially campaigned against.

Trump has acted with great alacrity—employing his transactional worldview—to make America great again for most Americans. His recent trade deal with the European Union is a part of this behavior. Some have argued that Trump ultimately sought to make a deal with the EU on trade in order to mitigate the effects of a potential trade war with China.

Maybe. What is more likely, though, is that Trump just wanted to get European tariffs on American goods lowered. Don’t read too much into it. Whatever benefits arise from this deal vis-à-vis our trade dispute with China are an added plus.

I recently joked that President Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden are both blowhards. They’re politicians, so being a blowhard comes naturally. And, anyone who tweets as much as Trump (out of necessity in most cases) is, by definition, a bit of a blowhard. But, Trump is our blowhard (and he is fun to watch and listen to).

Trump has been killing it as president precisely because he’s flexible and refuses to embrace any grand theory of governance. He just wants to make your community prosperous again, no matter what. I’ll take that any day over a philosopher as president.

Content created by the Center for American Greatness, Inc. is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a significant audience. For licensing opportunities for our original content, please contact licensing@centerforamericangreatness.com.

77Tariffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Tariffs 8/3/2018, 9:36 am

Deus X

Deus X

Tariffs - Page 4 CjnM910

78Tariffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Tariffs 8/3/2018, 9:41 am

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

Deus X wrote:Tariffs - Page 4 CjnM910

Oh, come on.  Don't be a baby.  It's not that hard.

By the by, I have posted links to articles I copy and past in the past, bu lately I've gotten into the habit of deliberately not posting links precisely because of all of the childish demands for me to do so.

Here, I'll help you.
ConservaLady wrote:

Content created by the Center for American Greatness, Inc. is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a significant audience. For licensing opportunities for our original content, please contact licensing@centerforamericangreatness.com.

Why is having a specific"link" so important to you?   You know many of these articles I post can be found on multiple sources on the internet.  As I said, it's not that hard.

I think I know why you though and that other poster keep (childishly) insisting on a link, without ever even bothering trying to challenge the actual content.  Perhaps you'd like to try, for a change, attacking the message, instead of just the messenger?  Or are you (probably?) unable to to do that?

79Tariffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Tariffs 8/3/2018, 9:48 am

Deus X

Deus X

ConservaLady wrote:
Deus X wrote:Tariffs - Page 4 CjnM910

Oh, c'mon.  Don't be a baby.  It's not that hard.

By the by, I have gotten into the habit since being on here of deliberately not posting links precisely because of all of the childish demands for me to do so.

Here, I'll help you.
ConservaLady wrote:

That's not a link, you inbred cretin. Check your family tree, I bet you're related to Lot's daughters.

Genesis 19:30-36

30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. 31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.”

33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.” 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

36 So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father.

So, tell us, did you get your daddy drunk and fuck him like it says in the bible?

Tariffs - Page 4 CjnM910

80Tariffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Tariffs 8/3/2018, 9:49 am

zsomething

ConservaLady wrote:

By the by, I have posted links to articles I copy and past in the past, bu lately I've gotten into the habit of deliberately not posting links precisely because of all of the childish demands for me to do so.

Given the specious nature of all your sources, I don't blame you for ducking posting the links. It kinda takes the credibility out of your claims that Trump's a great guy when the one saying it is Professor Whackaloon of the Institute For the Study of Flatulence and Alien Breakfast Cereal Technology or whatever.

How far is anyone going to get in an argument if they start out with, "You know, that great philosopher and student of the human condition, Charles Manson, once said..."

81Tariffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Tariffs 8/3/2018, 9:55 am

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

Deus X wrote:

That's not a link, you inbred cretin.

But of course it's not. As I said - I was helping you with it. Like if one of my children is crying for me to go get something from a cupboard from them - I might point them to the cupboard but have them go get it for themselves.

So did you find the source I copy/pasted from? Yes? Then what are you complaining about. No? Well that tells me you didn't even bother, because you weren't really interested in the first place.

Deus X wrote:

30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. 31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.”

33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.” 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

36 So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father.[/i]

I suggest you check with your pastor if you don't understand the meaning of that story. All of the bible is not meant to be taken literally, you know. And that's not to say none of it is either.

82Tariffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Tariffs 8/3/2018, 9:56 am

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

zsomething wrote:
Given the specious nature of all your sources, I don't blame you for ducking posting the links.    It kinda takes the credibility out of your claims that Trump's a great guy when the one saying it is Professor Whackaloon of the Institute For the Study of Flatulence and Alien Breakfast Cereal Technology or whatever.

How far is anyone going to get in an argument if they start out with, "You know, that great philosopher and student of the human condition, Charles Manson, once said..."  

As I said:
ConservaLady wrote:

83Tariffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Tariffs 8/3/2018, 9:57 am

polecat

polecat

It’s like they have a single shirt they pass around when they want to communicate with The Poors.

Tariffs - Page 4 It25e210

84Tariffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Tariffs 8/3/2018, 10:00 am

zsomething

ConservaLady wrote:
zsomething wrote:
Given the specious nature of all your sources, I don't blame you for ducking posting the links.    It kinda takes the credibility out of your claims that Trump's a great guy when the one saying it is Professor Whackaloon of the Institute For the Study of Flatulence and Alien Breakfast Cereal Technology or whatever.

As I said:
ConservaLady wrote:

Sorry, still sounds like ducking to me. Smile Which is the same as capitulation.

You got challenged to provide sources, you failed to do so, Deus X wins.

85Tariffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Tariffs 8/3/2018, 10:03 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

86Tariffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Tariffs 8/3/2018, 10:03 am

polecat

polecat

Jesus was the original innocent brown-skinned man executed by the state. - John Fugelsang

87Tariffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Tariffs 8/3/2018, 10:36 am

2seaoat

Why is having a specific"link" so important to you?

When we listened yesterday, every head of our intelligence community told us we were under attack from Russians. It is important to find when a person is on a forum who cuts and pastes and fails to show any independent thought or sourcing that they are not a pawn or active propagandist. Your links have been consistently connected to propaganda sources. We have seen this before.

This really is nothing more than intelligence. At the Trump rally the new Q movement was front and center. I felt after listening to those folks talk, that the world has been turned upside down. Stupid people actually think that they have become magically intelligent by Q. The simple truth is stupid cannot be hidden.

88Tariffs - Page 4 Empty Re: Tariffs 8/3/2018, 11:17 am

Deus X

Deus X

ConservaLady wrote:
Deus X wrote:

36 So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father.[/i]

I suggest you check with your pastor if you don't understand the meaning of that story.  All of the bible is not meant to be taken literally, you know. And that's not to say none of it is either.

Check with my pastor, huh? Which one, Jim Bakker or Ken Hovind?

Are you telling me that I can't interpret the bible without an intermediary? I guess you're completely ignorant of the Protestant Reformation. Here's some people you should check with:

Martin Luther

John Calvin

Zwingli, I forget his first name but you can look it up--he's the only Zwingli in the book

John Hus

Read your history, you inbred cretin, it will serve you better than your bible--of which, I might add, there's at least 20 DIFFERENT versions.

I'll leave you with this charming verse:

Psalm 137:8-9

8 Daughter Babylon, doomed to destruction,
   happy is the one who repays you
   according to what you have done to us.
9 Happy is the one who seizes your infants
   and dashes them against the rocks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum