This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If Trump is found to have illegally won his election, do his SCOTUS picks remain?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Finally we are on the road to seeing the erroneous Roe V Wade decision overturned and the matter of abortion restrictions returned to the States where those decisions rightfully and constitutionally belong.

So a fundamental right can be restricted by a state? So does the state of Alabama reinstate slavery? Does free speech get quashed in Georgia? So the state of Illinois can take away folks firearms? So NY eliminates warrants or probable cause? So Utah can now draw and quarter a non mormon?

Please tell me how fundamental rights being turned back to the states is in the constitution. Roe defined the fundamental right.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:Finally we are on the road to seeing the erroneous Roe V Wade decision overturned and the matter of abortion restrictions returned to the States where those decisions rightfully and constitutionally belong.

So a fundamental right can be restricted by a state?  So does the state of Alabama reinstate slavery?  Does free speech get quashed in Georgia?  So the state of Illinois can take away folks firearms?  So NY eliminates warrants or probable cause?   So Utah can now draw and quarter a non mormon?

Please tell me how fundamental rights being turned back to the states is in the constitution.  Roe defined the fundamental right.

I find in neither the US Constitution nor any of the other documents written by our Founding Fathers any such "fundamental right"  to kill children, born or unborn.  Nor do I see jurisdiction over abortion or murder laws listed among any of the enumerated powers of our federal government.

What I have found, though, is a right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness in our Declaration of Independence.    I don't see how anyone in good conscience can say those things do not apply to innocent children, born or unborn.

Nevertheless, the people have spoken. Roe V Wade will be overturned and this dark shameful period of our history will come to an end.

View user profile
ConservaLady wrote:
What I have found, though, is a right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness in our Declaration of Independence.    I don't see how anyone in good conscience can say those things do not apply to innocent children, born or unborn.

Are you really this stupid? They aren't "children" until they're born. DUH!

Do you not understand the difference between a caterpillar and a butterfly? DUH!

View user profile
Deus X wrote:
ConservaLady wrote:

Are you really this stupid? They aren't "children" until they're born. DUH!

Do you not understand the difference between a caterpillar and a butterfly? DUH!

I can only surmise you've never been pregnant, sir.

How convenient for you then to arrive at such an opinion. As though a baby human child is a science project or something.

View user profile
If you are going to talk about the courts, or the Supreme Court, it might help if you read some of the decisions. It was not some silly misconception by internet posters which determines a fundamental right outlined in Roe, rather the Supreme Court. The decision concerning abortion will not be left up to the states, it will either be overturned and a women no longer would have the fundamental right over body without governmental dictates, or the government will make it a crime.......either does not change the conceptual limitations of overturning Roe.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:Finally we are on the road to seeing the erroneous Roe V Wade decision overturned and the matter of abortion restrictions returned to the States where those decisions rightfully and constitutionally belong.

So a fundamental right can be restricted by a state?  So does the state of Alabama reinstate slavery?  Does free speech get quashed in Georgia?  So the state of Illinois can take away folks firearms?  So NY eliminates warrants or probable cause?   So Utah can now draw and quarter a non mormon?

Please tell me how fundamental rights being turned back to the states is in the constitution.  Roe defined the fundamental right.

cheers cheers cheers

View user profile
ConservaLady wrote:I can only surmise you've never been pregnant, sir.

And speaking of experience with pregnancy (or not), isn't it oh, so interesting that the loudest and most frequent protesters against abortion -- including those who consider it a God-directed right to murder abortion doctors -- seem to be MALE?

View user profile
Though I don't think that abortion will be overturned... the states do regulate rights. See: 2nd amendment.

The scotus basically just determines constitutionality.

View user profile
ConservaLady wrote:May I remind of the electoral vote count?   304 to 227.  Kind of says it all, I think.

Actually, the popular vote (three million more for Clinton) is what says it all, and not just "kind of." That many more American VOTERS (not electors), spoke. Tragically, under our flawed system, they were not heard, and we ended up with the worst president in history.

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:
ConservaLady wrote:May I remind of the electoral vote count?   304 to 227.  Kind of says it all, I think.

Actually, the popular vote (three million more for Clinton) is what says it all, and not just "kind of."    That many more American VOTERS (not electors), spoke.   Tragically, under our flawed system, they were not heard, and we ended up with the worst president in history.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

View user profile
Floridatexan wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Actually, the popular vote (three million more for Clinton) is what says it all, and not just "kind of."    That many more American VOTERS (not electors), spoke.   Tragically, under our flawed system, they were not heard, and we ended up with the worst president in history.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

View user profile
Our presidential election isn't decided by popular vote... you may as well count their pokemon cards.

See: civics 101

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:Our presidential election isn't decided by popular vote... you may as well count their pokemon cards.

You know DAMNED WELL exactly what I mean, Pkr. Do us all a favor and go take a long walk off a short pier.

View user profile

Frankly, I don't see why this *resident should be allowed to make another SCOTUS pick. I hope McCain abstains and at least 2 Republicans vote against. Because this administration is under investigation by the FBI. Here's DRUMPF speaking in Jacksonville before the election stating that Hillary shouldn't be allowed to run for president because she was under investigation by the FBI.
He also should have known at the time about the Russia investigation that included his appointees. No way he should be allowed to pick the next judge with a lifetime appointment...NO WAY.

View user profile
Excellent point, FT. Doubt there's much hope the right thing will be done, though.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:If you are going to talk about the courts, or the Supreme Court, it might help if you read some of the decisions.  It was not some silly misconception by internet posters which determines a fundamental right outlined in Roe, rather the Supreme Court.  The decision concerning abortion will not be left up to the states, it will either be overturned and a women no longer would have the fundamental right over body without governmental dictates, or the government will make it a crime.......either does not change the conceptual limitations of overturning Roe.

The Supreme Court has overturned it's own erroneous precedents many times in our history. I would provide examples, but I sense you are a fairly astute , if perhaps sometimes misguided, person and either know of this or how to look it up.

Just you wait until theyrevisit the whole homosexual marriage farce thing in a few yars. Then liberal heads are really going to explode. (To no real avail, though. It's just what they do.)

View user profile
Floridatexan wrote:
Frankly, I don't see why this *resident should be allowed to make another SCOTUS pick.  I hope McCain abstains and at least 2 Republicans vote against.  Because this administration is under investigation by the FBI.  Here's DRUMPF speaking in Jacksonville before the election stating that Hillary shouldn't be allowed to run for president because she was under investigation by the FBI.  
He also should have known at the time about the Russia investigation that included his appointees.  No way he should be allowed to pick the next judge with a lifetime appointment...NO WAY.

What you think is irrelevant to what is the reality.

McCain and others will fall into line. There's nothing so wrong with Kavanaugh that will prevent that. He's an experienced, established, and qualified jurist.

But go ahead. You people have your little de rigueur liberal hissy-fit. The real America will just roll their eyes at you. Once again.

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:

I thought she was supposed to be this really smart person?  

She should know one  does not become President by popular acclaim.   It's about the electoral college.  And the electoral college is what protects us as a nation from the ever changing whims of the ignorant rabble.

View user profile
ConservaLady wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Frankly, I don't see why this *resident should be allowed to make another SCOTUS pick.  I hope McCain abstains and at least 2 Republicans vote against.  Because this administration is under investigation by the FBI.  Here's DRUMPF speaking in Jacksonville before the election stating that Hillary shouldn't be allowed to run for president because she was under investigation by the FBI.  
He also should have known at the time about the Russia investigation that included his appointees.  No way he should be allowed to pick the next judge with a lifetime appointment...NO WAY.

What you think is irrelevant to what is the reality.

McCain and others will fall into line.   There's nothing so wrong with Kavanaugh that will prevent that.  He's an experienced, established, and qualified jurist.

But go ahead.  You people have your little de rigueur liberal hissy-fit.   The real America will just roll their eyes at you.  Once again.

The reality Miss Kumquat is Trump the Perv is going to be impeached and he can take all you bigots and Russia traitors w/ him down to the gravel pit where you belong under the dung pile.

View user profile
ConservaLady wrote:Just you wait until theyrevisit the whole homosexual marriage farce thing in a few yars.

Aha, now the true colors come out.  Pure, ugly hate, pure and simple. This person is not worth another moment of my posting time. Sayonara, hater.

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Our presidential election isn't decided by popular vote... you may as well count their pokemon cards.

You know DAMNED WELL exactly what I mean, Pkr.  Do us all a favor and go take a long walk off a short pier.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_pleading

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:

Personally I have to wonder what happened to change the minds of so many in the electoral college. During the run up it was all HRC = and then suddenly it wasn't. What gave them cold feet? Could it be HRC was (in her own way) more flawed at that time than the Trumpet? Of course nobody can predict how a President will act until they are in office - as we've seen with the loose cannon in there now.

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:
ConservaLady wrote:Just you wait until theyrevisit the whole homosexual marriage farce thing in a few yars.

Aha, now the true colors come out.  Pure, ugly hate, pure and simple.  This person is not worth another moment of my posting time.  Sayonara, hater.

Oh, my my!   Did I shake up your twisted liberal sensitivities with that?  Sorry (not really)

Well, go ahead and run and hide if you wish.  Hurry now. Don't talk to the evil white devil racist homophobic Christian lady.  Close your eyes and ears. I'm sure you will have no problem finding yourself a new marxist echo chamber where you can feel all warm and fuzzy inside.   I wouldn't want you to have a brain aneurysm.

Or you can choose to come to the Lord.   He's reaching out for you every day.  You have but to listen and accept.  Trust that you ARE loved and will be welcomed with open arms. I promise you. I know.  But it's your choice and yours alone.  Just remember the consequences are eternal.   Stop and think about that word for a moment.  Eternal.

The Bible provides God’s blueprint for marriage and for His good gift of sex in Genesis 2:24. The gift is only to be enjoyed within a marriage between a man and a woman.

There are no exceptions suggested, such as homosexual partnerships. From Genesis on, the Bible praises the marriage of a man and a woman, but it speaks only negatively of homosexual behavior whenever it is mentioned.

The Old Testament states, “Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable” (Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13). The New Testament agrees, listing “homosexual offenders” among a list of people who “will not inherit the kingdom of God” unless they are cleansed through Christ (1 Corinthians 6:9-11).

Other passages are Genesis, chapter 19; Romans 1:18-32; 1 Timothy 1:8-11; and Jude, verse 7. However, it is important to note that the Bible speaks only of homosexual behavior (which would include lust—choosing to fantasize about behavior), not unchosen feelings. God will not judge a Christian guilty for his or her involuntary feelings.

Sometimes it is said that the Bible does not record any words of Jesus about homosexuality, and therefore it must be acceptable to God. However, the Bible does not record sayings of Jesus about a number of other specific sins either. When people asked Jesus about marriage, He told them to remember what Genesis said about God’s plan for marriage (Matthew 19:1-12). So, in this sense, Jesus did have something to say about homosexual partnerships. God only blessed sex within the committed marriage relationship of a man and a woman.

Some have tried to reinterpret what the Bible says, in an effort to approve homosexual relationships. For a reply to such efforts, read Straight and Narrow by Thomas Schmidt or A Strong Delusion by Joe Dallas. If you have a loved one who’s homosexual, you may refer to Someone I Love Is Gay by Anita Worthen and Bob Davies, or if you’re a Christian struggling with homosexuality, consider Coming Out of Homosexuality by Bob Davies and Lori Rentzel.

PureIntimacy.org, by Focus on the Family, may also be helpful.

View user profile
ConservaLady wrote:
Oh, my my!   Did I shake up your twisted liberal sensitivities with that?  Sorry (not really)

Oh, yes indeedy, you're a troll. But, I'll play along. I think I could have some fun inside your head. Twisted Evil

Well, go ahead and run and hide if you wish.  Hurry now. Don't talk to the evil white devil racist homophobic Christian lady.  Close your eyes and ears. I'm sure you will have no problem finding yourself a new marxist echo chamber where you can feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Ah-ah, now, you've made a mistake. Linda belongs here. She's liked. If there's a problem, you're going to be the one who fucks off.

I wouldn't want you to have a brain aneurysm.

I'd love for you to have one, but we'd have to find ya enough functional brain tissue to sustain a hemorrhage first. You know what they say, can't get blood from a turnip. Very Happy

Or you can choose to come to the Lord.   He's reaching out for you every day.

Well, that's just creepy. You tell him to keep his hands to himself if he doesn't want to get kneed in the privacy.

You have but to listen and accept.  Trust that you ARE loved and will be welcomed with open arms.  I promise you.  I know.

Considering how much other ridiculous bullshit you've swallowed down like a blue whale slurping krill, I don't really trust what you "know." Your version of "love" --- coming right after you've just tried to mock someone -- comes across as more than just a little sick. Nobody wants that. Or your company.

It's always the dumbest, most unlikeable people who seem to have promises and advice for the everybody else. You really don't get it. Whatever made you what you are is something I guarantee you I'm not buying. Take this to heart: nobody wants to be like you. Because what you are ain't workin' for ya. Rolling Eyes

But it's your choice and yours alone.  Just remember the consequences are eternal.   Stop and think about that word for a moment.  Eternal.

Very Happy

Oooh, booga-booga! Gonna scare us with voodoo next?

Why is it that the people who want me to spend eternity in Heaven with them are always the people who are such a burden to be around for five minutes here on earth?

If you're an example of the kind of uptight, boring, far-too-pleased-with-yourself-for-far-too-little-reason company I could expect up there, then... hail Satan. Smile

View user profile
Zsomething, I have only three words for you:

YOU'RE THE BEST.

The prideful arrogance of those who purport to know anything whatsoever about the entirely unknowable mysteries of the universe knows no bounds.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum