This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shocked! SHOCKED!!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Shocked! SHOCKED!! on 7/7/2018, 1:26 pm

North Korea slams talks with Secretary of State Pompeo as 'regrettable'

The North Korean Foreign Ministry on Saturday slammed two days of talks with visiting Secretary of State Mike Pompeo as "regrettable" and accused the United States of unilateral demands of denuclearization.

The statement said the U.S. betrayed the spirit of last month’s summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un by making "unilateral and gangster-like"demands on “CVID,” or the complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of North Korea. He called the talks "really disappointing."

It said the outcome of the follow-up talks in Pyongyang was “very concerning” because it has led to a “dangerous phase that might rattle our willingness for denuclearization that had been firm.”

"We expected that the U.S. side would come with productive measures conducive to building trust in line with the spirit of the North-U.S. summit and (we) considered providing something that would correspond to them," the spokesman said, according to the South Korean news agency, Yonhap.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/07/07/mike-pompeo-north-korea-denuclearization-trump-kim-jong-un/765232002/

Hey, Trump, ya like apples? How ya like THEM apples?

View user profile

2 Re: Shocked! SHOCKED!! on 7/8/2018, 1:58 am

Deus X wrote:North Korea slams talks with Secretary of State Pompeo as 'regrettable'

The North Korean Foreign Ministry on Saturday slammed two days of talks with visiting Secretary of State Mike Pompeo as "regrettable" and accused the United States of unilateral demands of denuclearization.

The statement said the U.S. betrayed the spirit of last month’s summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un by making "unilateral and gangster-like"demands on “CVID,” or the complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of North Korea. He called the talks "really disappointing."

It said the outcome of the follow-up talks in Pyongyang was “very concerning” because it has led to a “dangerous phase that might rattle our willingness for denuclearization that had been firm.”

"We expected that the U.S. side would come with productive measures conducive to building trust in line with the spirit of the North-U.S. summit and (we) considered providing something that would correspond to them," the spokesman said, according to the South Korean news agency, Yonhap.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/07/07/mike-pompeo-north-korea-denuclearization-trump-kim-jong-un/765232002/

Hey, Trump, ya like apples? How ya like THEM apples?

..... productive measures conducive to building trust in line with the spirit of the North-U.S. summit and (we) considered providing something that would correspond to them,"

Translation:  Give us money and stuff first, and then we'll think about it.

It's just so much posturing.  Talk is cheap.  Nothing new to see here, folks.  N. Korea is like a broken-record.  Predictable.

And in the meantime ... they're not gonna nuke anybody, I promise ya ... despite all the hysteria in the western media.

View user profile

3 Re: Shocked! SHOCKED!! on 7/8/2018, 7:48 am

EmeraldGhost wrote:
It's just so much posturing.  Talk is cheap.  Nothing new to see here, folks.  N. Korea is like a broken-record.  Predictable.

The problem is not North Korea's expectations or post-summit behavior, it's the cognitive dissonance demonstrated in Trump's comments afterwards, such as:  "It's a very great moment in the history of the world" and "But I'll tell you what, we signed a very comprehensive document today..." or "We’re going to take care of a very big and very dangerous problem for the world.”

EmeraldGhost wrote:And in the meantime ... they're not gonna nuke anybody, I promise ya ... despite all the hysteria in the western media.

What typical reactionary bullshit. There was no "hysteria" in serious media, it was only in nutty right-wing crap like Fox, Newsmax, Limbaugh and Hannity. No one with any sense ever thought Kim was going to nuke anybody.

View user profile

4 Re: Shocked! SHOCKED!! on 7/8/2018, 11:06 am

Deus X wrote:
What typical reactionary bullshit. There was no "hysteria" in serious media, it was only in nutty right-wing crap like Fox, Newsmax, Limbaugh and Hannity. No one with any sense ever thought Kim was going to nuke anybody.

Fox is the #1 most watched news network .... followed closely by CNN.   So ... yeah, whether you personally like it or not ... Fox is big media.  And the people who watch it vote.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/q1-2018-ratings-fox-news-remains-no-1-on-cable-television/360865

(Personally, I rarely watch any of 'em anymore, myself.  It's all just so much propaganda. Don't even have cable or satellite at home.  I get all my info from multiple outlets large and small on the net, which I cross-check against each other as to what they are putting out there.)

View user profile

5 Re: Shocked! SHOCKED!! on 7/8/2018, 12:31 pm

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Deus X wrote:

Fox is the #1 most watched news network .... followed closely by CNN.   So ... yeah,  whether you personally like it or not ... Fox is big media.  And the people who watch it vote.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/q1-2018-ratings-fox-news-remains-no-1-on-cable-television/360865

(Personally, I rarely watch any of 'em anymore, myself.  It's all just so much propaganda.  Don't even have cable or satellite at home.  I get all my info from multiple outlets large and small on the net, which I cross-check against each other as to what they are putting out there.)

Perhaps you're suffering from some cognitive issues. Please note that I said "serious media" not "big media".

View user profile

6 Re: Shocked! SHOCKED!! on 7/8/2018, 2:07 pm

View user profile

7 Re: Shocked! SHOCKED!! on 7/8/2018, 2:26 pm

Hahaha... fake news. Gawd you're easy.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fox-skews/

View user profile

8 Re: Shocked! SHOCKED!! on 7/8/2018, 6:24 pm

Deus X wrote: ...

Perhaps you're suffering from some cognitive issues. Please note that I said "serious media" not "big media".

And you are making the mistake of assuming the vast majority of likely voters in this country follow "serious" media that closely vs "big" media.

View user profile

9 Re: Shocked! SHOCKED!! on 7/8/2018, 7:32 pm

EmeraldGhost wrote:
And you are making the mistake of assuming the vast majority of likely voters in this country follow "serious" media that closely vs "big" media.

Where have I ever alleged that "the vast majority of likely voters in this country follow "serious" media that closely vs "big" media." Which thread? Which post?

All I said was: "There was no "hysteria" in serious media", with no mention of the majority of voters or "big" media.

You seem to be having difficulty grasping the meanings of words. Perhaps you might benefit from one of the numerous online dictionaries. Maybe one of these:

View user profile

10 Re: Shocked! SHOCKED!! on 7/8/2018, 7:57 pm

Floridatexan wrote:

When you post such obvious and easily discredited bullshit as this, you damage not only your own creditably but also the credibility of anyone who might agree with your point-of-view.

Thanks loads.

View user profile

11 Re: Shocked! SHOCKED!! on 7/9/2018, 10:46 am

Deus X wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

When you post such obvious and easily discredited bullshit as this, you damage not only your own creditably but also the credibility of anyone who might agree with your point-of-view.

Thanks loads.

OK...it was the local Fox affiliate, and the whistleblowers lost their case. That doesn't mean that Fox is a credible news source or ever has been. Thanks so much for attacking me on the other thread. KMA. Have a "blessed" day.

View user profile

12 Re: Shocked! SHOCKED!! on 7/9/2018, 2:00 pm

Trump -- the man who wrote Art of the Deal -- making a bad deal?! A man of his character, getting charmed into believing a bunch of hokum by flattering words?

Preposterous! I don't believe a word of it! Such things simply cannot be!

And, anyway, who cares, Obama and Hillary sold uranium-guns to the Martians, and look there's a squirrel, so ha HA, the libs are owned again, #MAGA!

By the way, I'm sick of people mispronouncing "MAGA." Here is an instructional video enunciating how it is actually pronounced:

The hippo, by the way, was Trump's first pick for the Supreme Court, until they talked him out of of it because the hippo was "too conservative."

View user profile

13 Re: Shocked! SHOCKED!! on 7/9/2018, 7:16 pm

Here's something real to get upset over. If you want to use critical thinking instead of "absorbing" your ideas.

View user profile

14 Re: Shocked! SHOCKED!! on 7/11/2018, 2:31 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/obama-administration-placed-children-with-human-traffickers-report-says/2016/01/28/39465050-c542-11e5-9693-933a4d31bcc8_story.html

January 28, 2016
The Obama administration failed to protect thousands of Central American children who have flooded across the U.S. border since 2011, leaving them vulnerable to traffickers and to abuses at the hands of government-approved caretakers, a Senate investigation has found.

The Office of Refugee Resettlement, an agency of the Department of Health and Human Services, failed to do proper background checks of adults who claimed the children, allowed sponsors to take custody of multiple unrelated children, and regularly placed children in homes without visiting the locations, according to a 56-page investigative report released Thursday.

And once the children left federally funded shelters, the report said, the agency permitted their adult sponsors to prevent caseworkers from providing them post-release services.

Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) initiated the six-month investigation after several Guatemalan teens were found in a dilapidated trailer park near Marion, Ohio, where they were being held captive by traffickers and forced to work at a local egg farm. The boys were among more than 125,000 unaccompanied minors who have surged into the United States since 2011, fleeing violence and unrest in Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.

View user profile

15 Re: Shocked! SHOCKED!! on 7/11/2018, 3:46 pm

PkrBum wrote:Here's something real to get upset over. If you want to use critical thinking instead of "absorbing" your ideas.

Does Roy Moore know about this?

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum