Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

+2
zsomething
Deus X
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1THE HORROR! THE HORROR! Empty THE HORROR! THE HORROR! 7/5/2018, 9:45 am

Deus X

Deus X

The Martha’s Vineyard crowd strikes back at Alan Dershowitz

For years, former Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz and some of his high-profile pals have spent summer afternoons opining on the porch at the Chilmark General Store on Martha’s Vineyard.

Not this summer, and maybe never again. As a result of Dershowitz’s vocal opposition to the appointment of a special counsel to investigate President Trump’s ties to Russia, the coffee klatch has turned combative. In recent days, the clique has been exchanging bitter e-mails that lay bare the anger over Dershowitz’s seeming support for the president, which is a no-no on the Vineyard, a liberal enclave that has great antipathy for Trump.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/names/2018/07/03/the-martha-vineyard-crowd-strikes-back-alan-dershowitz-for-his-defenses-trump/ykxKWa6erCQsSUsbcrFURO/story.html

2THE HORROR! THE HORROR! Empty Re: THE HORROR! THE HORROR! 7/5/2018, 12:26 pm

zsomething

That whole thing gets funnier.   First, he whined that he's not getting invited to Martha's Vineyard parties anymore.

Then people started mocking him for it, and now he's going, "No, I'm glad!  Really, I didn't want to go to those parties, anyway!"

THE HORROR! THE HORROR! Main-qimg-9328b4a12b94d9d1e878a32358a6f219-c

"Sour! Sour!"

Laughing

3THE HORROR! THE HORROR! Empty Re: THE HORROR! THE HORROR! 7/5/2018, 4:57 pm

2seaoat

It is not a matter of liberal or conservative. His brilliant Harvard legal mind has been rendered mediocre and simply illogical and not consistent with the constitution and case law. He takes increasingly strange legal positions which have no basis. He is a little bit off the rails. I think most intelligent people who understand the subtle nuances of the law find him to be very pedestrian now.

4THE HORROR! THE HORROR! Empty Re: THE HORROR! THE HORROR! 7/5/2018, 5:03 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

To me, it's just further evidence of how the dialogue/narrative of both parties is increasingly being driven by the more extremist elements.

It's all black-and-white on both sides ... even the mere suggestion there could be any shades of gray will not be tolerated.

5THE HORROR! THE HORROR! Empty Re: THE HORROR! THE HORROR! 7/5/2018, 6:15 pm

Deus X

Deus X

The last few times I've read his columns or seen his interviews, I came away with the impression he was just trying to drum up some business.

He's such an unreconstructed hawk on Israel that he's half-crazy with it. He charges anyone who even mildly criticizes Israel with being antisemitic and supporters of the PLO--despite the fact the Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International have both condemned Israel's human rights abuses.

He even tried to make excuses for Israel's bombing of the U.S.S. Liberty, an incident that left 34 crew members dead and another 117 injured. Dershowitz is a real scumbag, he should have been shunned like the moral leper he is years ago.

6THE HORROR! THE HORROR! Empty Re: THE HORROR! THE HORROR! 7/5/2018, 6:21 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

EmeraldGhost wrote:To me, it's just further evidence of how the dialogue/narrative of both parties is increasingly being driven by the more extremist elements.

It's all black-and-white on both sides ... even the mere suggestion there could be any shades of gray will not be tolerated.

THE HORROR! THE HORROR! GOP-nazis

We'll have no more talk about "shades of grey".

7THE HORROR! THE HORROR! Empty Re: THE HORROR! THE HORROR! 7/5/2018, 11:11 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:To me, it's just further evidence of how the dialogue/narrative of both parties is increasingly being driven by the more extremist elements.

THE HORROR! THE HORROR! GOP-nazis

We'll have no more talk about "shades of grey".

Great graphic. So true.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum