This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The ICEman cometh...

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 The ICEman cometh... on 6/26/2018, 3:22 am

A few days ago, June 23, a 19-year old French girl woman female, Cedella Roman, while visiting her mother in White Rock, British Columbia, went jogging on the beach along Boundary Bay. She inadvertently jogged past the unmarked border into the U.S.

When she stopped to take a picture, two black-hearted goons from ICE grabbed her, clapped her in irons and threw her into a foul dungeon for two weeks.

Here’s a link to an article, one of many, that describes this disgraceful event:

http://fortune.com/2018/06/22/us-border-patrol-woman-jogger-canada-detained-two-weeks/

Now, I remember an incident from 2016 when two farm boys from Coutts, Alberta, playing Pokeman Go on their cellphones, accidentally crossed  into the U.S. and were quickly released and reunited with their mother. Here’s the report:

Two Canadian kids inadvertently crossed into the U.S. Thursday night while playing Pokémon GO on their cellphones, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

The pair was spotted and apprehended by border patrol agents, who "quickly determined in the field that the juveniles were unaware of their surroundings," a Border Patrol statement said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pokemon-go-fans-accidentally-cross-illegally-u-s-canada-n615571

[Don’tcha just love Copspeak: APPREHENDED, ferchrissakes, like these two kids were vicious criminals. I digress…]

Recalling this, I couldn’t help but notice the different treatments accorded these dangerous miscreants, so I dug a little deeper and finally figured it out. Here’s a picture of Cedella, the French jogger:

You can draw your own conclusions about the motives of our illustrious ICE agents. The only thing they're missing is hoods.

View user profile

2 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/26/2018, 4:32 am

You can't do an immediate voluntary departure to a county for a person who is not a citizen of that country ... even if they entered that 3rd country on a temporary visa.  It's against US law and generally against the laws of the country they entered the US from (not to mention at least one international convention I used to be familiar with, but it's been a long time since I was a Deportation Officer and I'm not going to go look it up for you.  The consulate of the country of which the person is a citizen has to be notified (France, in this case) ... and generally, if all is in order will work it out with the 3rd country (Canada)  in this type of situation.  Were she actually a Canadian citizen or what's known as a "Landed Immigrant" in Canada they could have done an immediate voluntary departure (assuming she had signed d one)  right back through the POE .. provided that's what she wanted and didn't request a hearing. Further, she had no passport, visa, or even identification documents at the time she was encountered ... so there is no way in he** Canadian immigration would have let her back in without.  So the US would have been stuck with her for a time anyway.  It happens.

Now I'm only speculating here ... but I can't help but wonder if her Canadian visa was expired?   I don't know really, but I've seen it before.  That would have further complicated here removal.  Canada has a lot of overstay visitors just like we do, and they are generally pretty liberal about extending visas, but you have to go through the process like every country in the world does. We can't know anything for sure about the particulars of this incident because we're only getting one side of the story here and we don't have the details from ICE or DHS yet.  And the US government tends to be  slow to release such details because of bureaucracy.  Detailed public statements on any newsworthy immigration case generally have to be approved up at DC ... and in this particular case probably at a fairly high level within DHS.  That takes some time. Maybe we'll find out, but I kind of doubt it because it will be out of the news cycle by the end of the week .. and this particular thread will be long dead by then.

As far as letting her go right there on the beach?  A person claiming citizenship of a country on another continent with no passport or even identification as some kind of evidence of who she might be entering illegally from a country she is not, in fact a citizen of (Canada, in this case).  We're supposed to just send her on her way without checking it out?  Is that what you advocate?  Well, hell .. why even patrol the borders at all, then?

I can tell you one thing though .. given the same circumstances as reported in the news, things would have gone down the same way even if she looked like this:

You're way off base thinking everybody at ICE are just a bunch of racists and every thing they do is somehow racially motivated.  I can tell you that. Geez, Deuce .. how old are you? Have you ever worked in government, law enforcement, the military even? I don't mean this as come kind of put-down, you seem like a pretty smart fellow actually, but at the same time you seem to be a bit lacking in experience in how things work in the real world.

View user profile

3 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/26/2018, 9:57 am

Let's just take it ALL the way! You know, selective compliance or enforcement of laws to risk offending someone. Hmmm, does this mean I can cruise up I-65 at 120 mph because I selectively choose to ignore speed limit laws and don't want to be offended by a citation? LEOs are supposed to objectively enforce ALL laws - they aren't supposed to interpret those laws with subjective opinions.

We are either a Nation of laws that apply to all equally or we aren't.....there is no "in-between".

View user profile

4 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/26/2018, 1:24 pm

View user profile

5 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/26/2018, 6:39 pm

zsomething wrote:

"YO, BARTENDER! I'll have whatever he's having...      "      

View user profile

6 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/26/2018, 8:20 pm

EmeraldGhost wrote:You can't do an immediate voluntary departure to a county for a person who is not a citizen of that country ... even if they entered that 3rd country on a temporary visa.  It's against US law and generally against the laws of the country they entered the US from (not to mention at least one international convention I used to be familiar with, but it's been a long time since I was a Deportation Officer and I'm not going to go look it up for you.  The consulate of the country of which the person is a citizen has to be notified (France, in this case) ... and generally, if all is in order will work it out with the 3rd country (Canada)  in this type of situation.  Were she actually a Canadian citizen or what's known as a "Landed Immigrant" in Canada they could have done an immediate voluntary departure (assuming she had signed d one)  right back through the POE .. provided that's what she wanted and didn't request a hearing. Further, she had no passport, visa, or even identification documents at the time she was encountered ... so there is no way in he** Canadian immigration would have let her back in without.  So the US would have been stuck with her for a time anyway.  It happens.

Now I'm only speculating here ... but I can't help but wonder if her Canadian visa was expired?   I don't know really, but I've seen it before.  That would have further complicated here removal.  Canada has a lot of overstay visitors just like we do, and they are generally pretty liberal about extending visas, but you have to go through the process like every country in the world does. We can't know anything for sure about the particulars of this incident because we're only getting one side of the story here and we don't have the details from ICE or DHS yet.  And the US government tends to be  slow to release such details because of bureaucracy.  Detailed public statements on any newsworthy immigration case generally have to be approved up at DC ... and in this particular case probably at a fairly high level within DHS.  That takes some time. Maybe we'll find out, but I kind of doubt it because it will be out of the news cycle by the end of the week .. and this particular thread will be long dead by then.

As far as letting her go right there on the beach?  A person claiming citizenship of a country on another continent with no passport or even identification as some kind of evidence of who she might be entering illegally from a country she is not, in fact a citizen of (Canada, in this case).  We're supposed to just send her on her way without checking it out?  Is that what you advocate?  Well, hell .. why even patrol the borders at all, then?

What a load of typical cop horseshit--a great, steaming, reeking, maggot-ridden, 500-hundred word pile of it, in fact.

Cops make decisions based on the totality of the circumstances all the time and there's not a person on this forum who hasn't committed some infraction or other and gotten off with a warning--the same way prosecutors decline to prosecute some cases and not others.

These guys had to go out of their way, crossing railroad tracks and a big-ass highway to even GET from the beach to the border patrol station.

Here's a picture of the area with the station down in the lower-right corner:

So, yes, they could have easily pointed out where the border was--"See that big rock next to the fallen tree? That's where the border is."-- given her a warning and told her to turn around and go back. Remember, the border was unmarked in that area.

"...why even patrol the borders at all, then?"  To keep out terrorists and other threats to the national security, not 19-year old girls jogging on the beach--unless you're suggesting ICE agents are too dumb to tell the difference. This was nothing but malicious enforcement.

View user profile

7 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/26/2018, 10:04 pm

Deus X wrote:

"...why even patrol the borders at all, then?"  To keep out terrorists and other threats to the national security,  ...

What does a terrorist "look" like, Deuce ... or a person who provides support/assistance to terrorist groups?  You ever met one?  (I have, in fact) And how do you know.  How can anyone know till they check 'em out?   Even an innocent looking one by physical appearance who, btw, has no legal means to enter the US, but can get into Canada.

How are the Agents in the field to know she's not appearing to have innocently crossed the border by mistake, to be picked up down the beach aways by somebody on this side. Don't think that happens?  I can assure it does. And no ID, no passport, ... not even a citizen of the country she has just crossed from?  Yeah .. the Agents were right to have detained her till the circumstances of who she is can be checked out and her name/prints run in various criminal and intelligence databases.

Supposing she got picked up by someone a few miles down the beach.   Yeah, that kind of thing happens. Then taken to LA or somewhere where she is involved in aiding and abetting a terrorist cell or some other nefarious thing?  Then the thing later gets busted and it gets found out Border Patrol Agents had encountered her, told her to just run on along up the beach, then departed the area.  Only to turn around a few hours later and head back down the beach again, successfully the 2nd time?  Who would get blamed?  Who would get fired?

Or she could have been sent down the beach to test where the ground sensors for foot traffic might be and what Agents response times are to them at various hours of the day.   They have 'em you know ... and smugglers use "innocent" looking people to test them all the time.  Even kids. I know that for a fact.  

And by the by ... I have mentioned "terrorism" in this post only because YOU are the one who brought that up. Wasn't me.

19 year old girl?  phhhhht !!  I could care less about that. Bad acts are committed or bad actors aided and abetted by 19 year old girls all the time.  You're going to give a break, against policy and procedure, to someone because they happen to be a pretty girl?  You'd make one sorry LEO if that's you're way of thinking.

You and the the open-borders crowd along with their MSM fellow travelers are just looking or something to cry about 'cause you don't like Trump and his current immigration policies ( all of which I don't agree with entirely myself, .. as I've stated in other posts/threads.)  But this incident, in fact, is routine.  The facts and circumstances of this case, as we know so far, could have happened in the mid-80's when I was working on the line or any time since and been no different, even during the Clinton and Obama administrations.    She wasn't mistreated ... she was handled in accordance with proper law, policy, and procedure like anybody else would have been.

View user profile

8 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/26/2018, 11:02 pm

View user profile

9 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/27/2018, 11:59 am

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Deus X wrote:

"...why even patrol the borders at all, then?"  To keep out terrorists and other threats to the national security,  ...

What does a terrorist "look" like, Deuce ... or a person who provides support/assistance to terrorist groups?  You ever met one?  (I have, in fact) And how do you know.  How can anyone know till they check 'em out?   Even an innocent looking one by physical appearance who, btw, has no legal means to enter the US, but can get into Canada.

How are the Agents in the field to know she's not appearing to have innocently crossed the border by mistake, to be picked up down the beach aways by somebody on this side. Don't think that happens?  I can assure it does. And no ID, no passport, ... not even a citizen of the country she has just crossed from?  Yeah .. the Agents were right to have detained her till the circumstances of who she is can be checked out and her name/prints run in various criminal and intelligence databases.

Supposing she got picked up by someone a few miles down the beach.   Yeah, that kind of thing happens. Then taken to LA or somewhere where she is involved in aiding and abetting a terrorist cell or some other nefarious thing?  Then the thing later gets busted and it gets found out Border Patrol Agents had encountered her, told her to just run on along up the beach, then departed the area.  Only to turn around a few hours later and head back down the beach again, successfully the 2nd time?  Who would get blamed?  Who would get fired?

Or she could have been sent down the beach to test where the ground sensors for foot traffic might be and what Agents response times are to them at various hours of the day.   They have 'em you know ... and smugglers use "innocent" looking people to test them all the time.  Even kids. I know that for a fact.  

And by the by ... I have mentioned "terrorism" in this post only because YOU are the one who brought that up.  Wasn't me.

19 year old girl?  phhhhht !!  I could care less about that. Bad acts are committed or bad actors aided and abetted by 19 year old girls all the time.  You're going to give a break, against policy and procedure, to someone because they happen to be a pretty girl?  You'd make one sorry LEO if that's you're way of thinking.

You and the the open-borders crowd along with their MSM fellow travelers are just looking or something to cry about 'cause you don't like Trump and his current immigration policies ( all of which I don't agree with entirely myself, .. as I've stated in other posts/threads.)  But this incident, in fact, is routine.  The facts and circumstances of this case, as we know so far, could have happened in the mid-80's when I was working on the line or any time since and been no different, even during the Clinton and Obama administrations.    She wasn't mistreated ... she was handled in accordance with proper law, policy, and procedure like anybody else would have been.

I notice you don't mention the incident with the two Pokemon-playing kids:

The pair was spotted and apprehended by border patrol agents, who "quickly determined in the field that the juveniles were unaware of their surroundings," a Border Patrol statement said.

Cops give people warnings all the time and send them on their way which is what these two goons should have done.

And your "fellow travelers" comment reminds me of something. I can't think of exactly what it is but give me a moment and it'll come to me...           oh, yeah, it's this:

You're right about one thing, though. I wouldn't make a good LEO. Not, however, because of my "way of thinking" but because I try to be a decent human being.

View user profile

10 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/27/2018, 12:59 pm

Deus X wrote:
I notice you don't mention the incident with the two Pokemon-playing kids:

The pair was spotted and apprehended by border patrol agents, who "quickly determined in the field that the juveniles were unaware of their surroundings," a Border Patrol statement said.  

Juveniles and Canadian Citizens .. and when/where was this?  How old were the kids?  What were the circumstances?  Got a link?

This lady was an adult; circumventing a very busy POE; had no ID or documents to establlsh who she, in fact, was; and not a citizen of the country from which she was coming. Even the Canadians wouldn't have immediately let her come back through the POE, had the Agents driven her around to there.    Of that I can assure you.   And to just send her back up the beach the Agents are telling her to violate Canadian immigration laws ... seeing as how she is not, in fact, a Canadian citizen.

And you don't know that the Agents themselves wouldn't have gotten in trouble for just casually turning her around.  I expect they very well might have nowadays.

Deus X wrote:
Cops give people warnings all the time and send them on their way which is what these two goons should have done.

So when Border Patrol catches illegal entrants a few hundred yards or a few miles north of the line, they should just give them a verbal warning, pat them on the head, and tell 'em to go back?   Rolling Eyes

Deus X wrote:

You're right about one thing, though. I wouldn't make a good LEO. Not, however, because of my "way of thinking" but because I try to be a decent human being.

Not to be rude, but I think maybe you should think about your "way of thinking" a little bit.

View user profile

11 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/27/2018, 1:18 pm

She's actually pretty fortunate they made an exception for her from Trump's (stupid) "zero-tolerance" policy ... otherwise she'd have been transferred to the custody of US Marshal's (and held in a real jail with criminals, rather than an immigration administrative detention center) for a couple of months minimum while being prosecuted for violation of 8 USC 1325.

Did you know even aliens who are legal US Residents   ... Lawfully Admitted for Permanent Residence  or LAPR (commonly known as "green card" holders) can be prosecuted for 1325?  I did one myself, and knew of some other cases.  We'd have probably eight or ten of those prosecutions a year at my station in Yuma years ago.

(btw ... as to your thread title, Border Patrol is not ICE.  They are CBP ... completely separate agencies within DHS.)

View user profile

12 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/27/2018, 2:29 pm

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Juveniles and Canadian Citizens .. and when/where was this?  How old were the kids?  What were the circumstances?  Got a link?

If you'd bothered to read the first post in this thread, you'd see that I included a link to that incident. Apparently you don't trouble yourself to read entire posts, you just cherry-pick the stuff you don't like and, whee-e-e-e, off you go. That must be part of the cop DNA, taking action without sufficient information.

View user profile

13 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/27/2018, 3:19 pm

Deus X wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:

If you'd bothered to read the first post in this thread, you'd see that I included a link to that incident. Apparently you don't trouble yourself to read entire posts, you just cherry-pick the stuff you don't like and, whee-e-e-e, off you go. That must be part of the cop DNA, taking action without sufficient information.

I'd heard of that incident elsewhere and knew it was pretty much irrelevant to this incident ... so I didn't click on your link to that particular news article.

So, just to make you happy, since you seem to think it's such a big relevant deal, I went back & and looked at your linked article. Seems those two kids WERE detained by Border Patrol.   Did you read it yourself?  They didn't just pat those kids on the head and tell them to walk back across.  The article says their mother had to come to the Border Patrol station and get them released.  She likely had to sign a voluntary departure form on their behalf, as they were juveniles.  

View user profile

14 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/27/2018, 4:03 pm

EmeraldGhost wrote:
So, just to make you happy, since you seem to think it's such a big relevant deal, I went back & and looked at your linked article. Seems those two kids WERE detained by Border Patrol.   Did you read it yourself?  They didn't just pat those kids on the head and tell them to walk back across.  The article says their mother had to come to the Border Patrol station and get them released.  She likely had to sign a voluntary departure form on their behalf, as they were juveniles.  

Of course I read the article and about 6 more besides. The kids' mother came and got them THE SAME DAY, not after they'd been rotting in some stinking black hole for two weeks.

View user profile

15 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/27/2018, 4:46 pm

Deus X wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:

Of course I read the article and about 6 more besides. The kids' mother came and got them THE SAME DAY, not after they'd been rotting in some stinking black hole for two weeks.

She must love her kids more than the other woman's.  Laughing (that's a joke, btw ... don't get your panties all in a wad)

But like I said .. they were citizens of Canada.  This woman was not.  If you read the article her return had to be coordinated with Canadian officials (and likely with the nearest French consulate as well.)  I know for a 100%  fact the French consulate would have been notified .. it's required by regulation and international convention ... and a routine function of Deportation Officers.   Documentation of the contact is required to be placed in their file.   I also know from my own personal experience that the French consulates in particular always make contact with any/every French citizen detained by US Immigration authorities, unlike some other countries, but that rarely happens the same day, sometimes a day or two.  And certain countries, Mexico for one, gave the US a waiver long ago from notifying their consulates of detained Mexican citizens (for obvious reasons.) Citizens of those countries retain the right to have their consulate notified and are given and sign a document in their language telling them so. And the document is read/explained to them if they can't read or don't understand.  (sometimes a very frustrating process when you're dealing with somebody with a 5th grade education and little world experience outside their little village in the mountains of Guatemala or somewhere like that)  

As to the two weeks of detention .. not unheard of at all.  And we don't know everything about this case because ICE is often precluded from making public statements about the details of an individual case ... like maybe did she initially refuse to accept a voluntary departure?  Did she ask for a hearing?  Maybe she initially asked for asylum and then changed her mind ... you never know.  Dis she contact a lawyer or legal aid organization.   You can't remove an detained alien who has asked to contact a lawyer until such time as the lawyer has consulted with them.  And these lawyers don't just run down there the same day ... often they talk to a paralegal, and the paralegal says don't sign anything until we can look into it.  There's more, but I'm just pointing out there could have been a number of things on her own part that could have delayed the removal.  That happens all the time too ... detained aliens do things that delay their removal, sometimes intentionally, sometimes unintentionally ... but it's unethical and not allowed for Agents and Officers to give them advice in that regard because it can be construed as trying to push them one way or the other in their decisions.   I've been asked many times by detained aliens what they should do and the standard response is "I can't give you legal advice, you should speak with an attorney or other representative of your choice"   If they can't afford an attorney ... they can contact any number of free legal aid for immigrants organizations that is on a list that immigration  REQUIRED to give each and every detained alien.  They sign a copy to show they've been given the list and it's put in their file ... every time.

Furhter, the Canadian immigration authorities are not just gonna say ... yeah, bring her on over without doing some investigation themselves as to who she is, verifying her Canadian status, etc.  It just doesn't work that way, I can assure you.

Deportation Officers are under continual pressure to expedite the removal of detained aliens.  Their caseloads are incredible like you wouldn't believe and detention space is precious, so they're always under pressure from management to move cases along.   They don't intentionally drag their heels.  But I understand you wouldn't know how things work in that regard.

I can see though that you've staked out your position in your OP and aren't going to back down from it regardless of whatever information might be presented to you ... so, I think I'm done  here.  You can feel free to carry on with it as you like.

View user profile

16 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/27/2018, 5:43 pm

EmeraldGhost wrote: ... so, I think I'm done  here.

Whew! FINALLY.

View user profile

17 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/27/2018, 7:02 pm

Deus X wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote: ... so, I think I'm done  here.

Whew! FINALLY.

Yeah, I bet you are relieved ... being overwhelmed with so much factual information. Laughing

View user profile

18 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/28/2018, 3:27 am

EmeraldGhost wrote: I'm just pointing out there could have been a number of things on her own part that could have delayed the removal.

What's exhausting is trying to engage in intelligent discourse with someone who doesn't understand the difference between FACTUAL and SPECULATIVE.

View user profile

19 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/28/2018, 9:30 am

View user profile

20 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/28/2018, 11:53 am

'Abolish ICE' Zealots Occupy Fantasy Island
Michelle Malkin · Jun. 27, 2018

“No ban. No wall. No borders at all.”

That is the radical rallying cry of the Democratic Socialists of America. Waving desecrated U.S. flags, grubby fists and ratty anarchy banners, DSA’s professional protesters are targeting Trump administration officials, threatening immigration enforcement agents, and blockading detention facilities and processing centers nationwide.

On a similar note, Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) proudly marched in a parade last week with a T-shirt emblazoned with “Yo No Creo En Fronteras” — Spanish for “I don’t believe in borders.”

These are abjectly unserious people, operating in bad faith, who pose a serious threat to our nation’s well-being.

In New York, DSA rabble-rousers took over a loading dock used to transport immigrants at an ICE processing center on Varick Street. Genius move. Now, detainees whose bond hearings were canceled because of the protest disruptions face another six or more extra weeks in detention.

In Portland, Oregon, DSA operatives shut down a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement office after preventing workers from exiting the building.

In Detroit, organizers disrupted ordinary processing and appointments at a downtown ICE field office and plan to camp out there 24 hours a day until the end of the month. “Our short-term goal is to shut down operations at this particular center,” ringleader Robert Jay explained.

“Our long-term goal is to abolish ICE entirely.”

This reckless, simpleton sentiment doesn’t belong to the fringe of the American Left. It is the center. Across the country, supposedly mainstream Democrats, activist groups and entertainers are pushing to “Abolish ICE.” To be clear, if the hashtag didn’t clue you in: They don’t just want to reform or reduce the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, which was created by merging existing immigration entities after the 9/11 attacks to better coordinate enforcement against alien lawbreakers inside the country.

They want it gone. Zapped. Poof.

An informational flyer lists the agenda of the ICE breakers:

“A moratorium on deportations.

"End all forms of immigration detention.

"Reimagine Border Patrol as a humanitarian force that rescues migrants, rather than destroying their water supplies to hasten their deaths.”

It seems these hysterical extremists were too busy stalking Republicans at restaurants and blocking roadways to notice the Border Patrol agents in Arizona who rescued 57 illegal immigrants, men, women and children (as young as 1), abandoned by smugglers in 108-degree heat in the Tucson sector this weekend. Or the Border Patrol agents in Texas who rescued a pregnant immigrant woman who nearly drowned while attempting to cross the Rio Grande River illegally.

If the Kumbaya leaders of the Abolish ICE campaign were limited to ragtag Millennials demanding the whole world operate like an Oberlin College co-op or Fantasy Island, it would be easy to dismiss. But their ranks are spreading:

Organizers of the Women’s March, endorsed by celebrities, journalists and Democrats, announced this week that the “call to #AbolishICE is a call to eliminate the agency that has been terrorizing immigrant communities for 15 years. Women from all backgrounds must take up @conmijente’s call to #FreeOurFuture.”

Mijente, a Latino activist group leading the Abolish ICE movement, proudly displays on its Twitter home page a huge “Chinga La Migra” banner. (Translation: “F—k the Border Patrol.”)

Endorsing the movement, The Nation magazine dubbed ICE a “mass-deportation strike force is incompatible with democracy and human rights.”

Reps. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Jim McGovern (D-MA), Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) and nearly 20 Democratic congressional candidates have all called for eliminating ICE. Boston-area Democratic congressional candidate Ayanna Pressley wants to defund ICE because it’s an “existential threat” to “immigrant communities.”

And New York actress-turned-Democratic gubernatorial candidate Cynthia Nixon declared that “ICE is a terrorist organization.”

Silly Cindy is campaigning to destroy ICE’s entire 20,000-person workforce, which handles not only enforcement and removal operations but also homeland security investigations combating criminal organizations illegally exploiting our travel, trade, financial and immigration systems. That includes international smugglers of women and children, drugs, weapons and cash.

So, how exactly do these ICE-melters propose to deal with criminal alien fugitives, such as the estimated 300,000 deportation absconders who’ve been ordered by immigration judges to leave the country?

How about the 40 percent of illegal aliens, from the pool of between 11 million and 30 million immigration lawbreakers, who overstayed their visas and are on the loose doing heaven knows what?

And when will these noble 21st-century abolitionists be stepping up to open their homes to the members of the ICE Most Wanted list, which includes illegal aliens wanted for murder, aggravated homicide, narcotics and human trafficking, and membership in terrorist organizations?

I don’t just question their patriotism. I question their sanity.

View user profile

21 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/28/2018, 12:11 pm

Former ICE Spokesman Speaks Out: I Was Asked To Perpetuate A ‘Flat-Out Lie’

James Schwab said he “could not fathom working at an organization that was OK with lying to the American public.”

A former Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman slammed the agency for being “OK with lying to the American public” in his first TV interview since he resigned in March.

James Schwab told CBS News on Wednesday that he became “extremely uncomfortable” in February when Attorney General Jeff Sessions made false statements about immigration raids in Oakland, California.

“They failed to correct it, it’s a flat-out lie,” Schwab said. “They know it’s a lie. It was just shocking to me that no one wanted to fix that.”

He added: “I could not fathom staying at an organization that was OK with lying to the American public. I hate that.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/former-ice-spokesman-speaks-out-i-was-asked-to-perpetuate-a-flat-out-lie_us_5b34ca4ee4b0cb56051fecd8

But wait, there's more:

CBS News interview with ICE whistleblower interrupted by surprise visit from government agents

In his first television interview, former Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) spokesperson James Schwab has opened up about why he abruptly resigned in March. But his interview with CBS News' Jamie Yuccas on Wednesday was unexpectedly interrupted by agents identifying themselves as agents from the Department of Homeland Security Inspector General's Office.

"They just said that they wanted to talk to me about the leak with the Oakland mayor," Schwab said of his conversation with the agents.  

Before the surprise visit, Schwab told Yuccas that both the Obama and Trump White Houses asked him to "spin" information. But he said he felt compelled to resign after the current administration told him to lie about an incident that pitted the government against Oakland's mayor.  

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-ice-spokesman-james-schwab-opens-up-about-resignation-trump-administration/

View user profile

22 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/28/2018, 12:14 pm

EmeraldGhost wrote:

'Abolish ICE' Zealots Occupy Fantasy Island
Michelle Malkin · Jun. 27, 2018

“No ban. No wall. No borders at all.”

That is the radical rallying cry of the Democratic Socialists of America. Waving desecrated U.S. flags, grubby fists and ratty anarchy banners, DSA’s professional protesters are targeting Trump administration officials, threatening immigration enforcement agents, and blockading detention facilities and processing centers nationwide.

I don’t just question their patriotism. I question their sanity.

What's the matter? Afraid to post a link or don't know how?

View user profile

23 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/28/2018, 12:28 pm

Officer breaking immigration lawyer's foot makes ICE look as heartless as advertised

Immigration attorney Andrea Martinez says ICE Officer Everett Chase pushed her as she was trying to follow him into the ICE office before dawn on Tuesday. Then he locked her out and separated her from the child she was accompanying.

Unless Martinez has been secretly practicing to challenge soccer player Igor Rossi’s place in the fake injury hall of fame, she was either pushed or rebuffed so forcefully that she fell and broke her foot. She was bringing her 3-year-old client, Noah, to be reunited and deported with his pregnant Honduran mother.

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article213931384.html

View user profile

24 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/28/2018, 12:53 pm

Deus X wrote:

What's the matter? Afraid to post a link or don't know how?

I posted the article in it's entirety, so the source is really irrelevant to the content.  It's on multiple media sources.  She's a nationally syndicated columnist, you know.  You choose where you want to read it at.  

Google is your friend, buddy.  Here, I'll give you a tip.  Highlight the article title ... (or any portion of the article you please.)  Right click for a pop-up menu.  Click "google search for ..." .. and whala!  It pops up in a new tab.   Takes all of two seconds.

Here, I'll show you:
https://www.google.com/search?q=%27Abolish+ICE%27+Zealots+Occupy+Fantasy+Island&rlz=1C1AVNE_enUS717US717&oq=%27Abolish+ICE%27+Zealots+Occupy+Fantasy+Island&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61j69i60&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

But of course the article is being picked up by mostly conservative leaning media outlets. It's an opinion piece. Whaddya expect .. Vox or HuffPo is gonna pay for it? Just remember in any response or comment you care to make on an article to to attack the message and not the messenger.  That is, ...  if you want to be intellectually honest.

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 6/28/2018, 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

25 Re: The ICEman cometh... on 6/28/2018, 12:58 pm

Deus X wrote:Officer breaking immigration lawyer's foot makes ICE look as heartless as advertised

Immigration attorney Andrea Martinez says ICE Officer Everett Chase pushed her as she was trying to follow him into the ICE office before dawn on Tuesday. Then he locked her out and separated her from the child she was accompanying.

Unless Martinez has been secretly practicing to challenge soccer player Igor Rossi’s place in the fake injury hall of fame, she was either pushed or rebuffed so forcefully that she fell and broke her foot. She was bringing her 3-year-old client, Noah, to be reunited and deported with his pregnant Honduran mother.

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article213931384.html

Yeah .. I've seen a bunch of articles on that. And a lot of 'em are missing the word "allegedly."

I used to work in that office, btw .. about 7 years ... I was union President (unpaid) for a time. There were a lot of problem managers running the place at the time. But that was a long time ago. Couldn't speak to how things are there today.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum