Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

God Has Nothing to Do With Trump Being President

+3
zsomething
EmeraldGhost
Floridatexan
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

zsomething

EmeraldGhost wrote:
zsomething wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
.....      (you are aware, are you not, the vast majority of people who proclaim themselves "satanists" do not really believe in a supernatural "Satan" being?)
....   And, yeah, I know about Satanists.  You don't listen to as much black metal as I do without learning all about that. Smile

I was just checking.  You never know.  

As to "Black Metal" ... nah, I'm not really into it.  Some old-school Black Sabbath and the like is about as far as I ever go with metal.  (not interested in debating the finer points of it)

My daughter OTOH is a huge fan.  Last few years she's been into all this Scandinavian metal .... among other things musical.   (She's also currently in a top flight doctoral program  for her field .... so, suffice it to say I don't judge people on their choice of music ... listen to what "speaks to you" is what I always say.)    She still sends me links to various metal tunes on FB messenger once in a while to try & get me interested.   I sample them and try to say something nice ... then I send her back a link to some Metallica song ... she despises Metallica for some reason and I like to get her worked up about it.  She's very serious about her music.   At least I don't have to listen to her metal around the house anymore!  Laughing Laughing   Growling all your lyrics?  Nah ... I just don't get it.  Doesn't "speak" to me personally.

(hey, btw ... on the topic of music .. anybody want to buy a nice Dean bass with a big Peavey amp, speakers,  a little practice amp,  hard case, soft case, and other associated bass paraphernalia?   400 bucks and it's all yours.   (She left it here at  home when she moved out because she lost interest when she took up keyboards and it's cluttering up my man-cave.

LOVE Black Sabbath. Smile

I don't play anything but I'll have to check with a bassist friend who might want the rig.

Your daughter sounds cool. Send her a link to some Nervosa. They're three Brazillian girls doing thrash/death who I've been really impressed with, and she might dig 'em.

I'll admit that all of them seeming like really cool people is a factor. The singer's especially a sweetheart.

She can either scream like an enraged cat, or sing like Beyonce (https://www.instagram.com/p/Begjixln6I_/?hl=en&taken-by=fefemetal ). And she's always donating blood and getting toys to poor kids and stuff. Metal's a weird thing... Smile

polecat

polecat

Floridatexan wrote:
Where did I say I hadn't read her, or Hubbard, or any number of sci-fi books...many more than once.  But I won't bother with ATLAS SHRUGGED a second time, because the first time was nauseating.  And I don't watch FOX, unless it's a clip, because it's pure hogwash.  

I love Hubbard... Ray Wylie that is and I did read his book.

God Has Nothing to Do With Trump Being President - Page 2 51xhmu10

Very good and very funny, I LOL every time I read a chapter.

As for fox news I do like to flip over and watch every now and then, also very funny. Mediabuzz is my favorite cant miss Sunday morning show. It should be on Comedy Central.

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote:  It's not writing, it's typing...

I'm so disappointed in you.  What, you figured no one else ever heard that line?

zsomething

Deus X wrote:
zsomething wrote:  It's not writing, it's typing...

I'm so disappointed in you.  What, you figured no one else ever heard that line?

Never claimed I wrote it. Not every line has to be original. If we didn't repeat the good ones once in a while, history would lose things like "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush," or all the lyrics to "War Pigs."

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote:
Never claimed I wrote it.  Not every line has to be original.  If we didn't repeat the good ones once in a while, history would lose things like "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush," or all the lyrics to "War Pigs."

Oh relax, I was just needling you. Let me remind you of this:

T. S. Eliot once said that “good writers borrow, great writers steal.”

https://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/t-s-eliot-was-wrong

I wonder where he "stole" this:

LET us go then, you and I,
When the evening is spread out against the sky
Like a patient etherized upon a table

ACK!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Conservative Religious Leaders Are Denouncing Trump Immigration Policies

"Conservative religious leaders who have long preached about the sanctity of the family are now issuing sharp rebukes of the Trump administration for immigration policies that tear families apart or leave them in danger.

The criticism came after recent moves by the administration to separate children from their parents at the border, and to deny asylum on a routine basis to victims of domestic abuse and gang violence.

Some of the religious leaders are the same evangelicals and Roman Catholics who helped President Trump to build his base and who have otherwise applauded his moves to limit abortion and champion the rights of religious believers..."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/us/trump-immigration-religion.html

Too little, too late. I'm reminded of the video one of my cousins (still a devout Catholic) sent me before the election of a Phoenix priest calling a vote for Drumpf the only option, because abortion. I'm not a fan of abortion, but sometimes it's the only option. This issue has been used over and over again politically to fuel outrage, and IMHO, the churches in general that try to advance political causes have way too much influence.

Deus X

Deus X

Floridatexan wrote: ...the churches in general that try to advance political causes have way too much influence.  

No need to qualify that--religion in general has way to much influence and is the source of most of the world's conflict. A pox on ALL their houses.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum