Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

You're not gonna believe this!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1You're not gonna believe this! Empty You're not gonna believe this! 6/11/2018, 2:27 pm

Deus X

Deus X

At first I thought this was satire but, after checking it out, I realized it's not--there's at least six other sources for this. The mind reels.

Meet the guys who tape Trump's papers back together

The president's unofficial 'filing system' involves tearing up documents into pieces, even when they're supposed to be preserved.

Solomon Lartey spent the first five months of the Trump administration working in the Old Executive Office Building, standing over a desk with scraps of paper spread out in front of him.

Lartey, who earned an annual salary of $65,969 as a records management analyst, was a career government official with close to 30 years under his belt. But he had never seen anything like this in any previous administration he had worked for. He had never had to tape the president’s papers back together again.

Armed with rolls of clear Scotch tape, Lartey and his colleagues would sift through large piles of shredded paper and put them back together, he said, “like a jigsaw puzzle.” Sometimes the papers would just be split down the middle, but other times they would be torn into pieces so small they looked like confetti.

It was a painstaking process that was the result of a clash between legal requirements to preserve White House records and President Donald Trump’s odd and enduring habit of ripping up papers when he’s done with them — what some people described as his unofficial “filing system.”

Under the Presidential Records Act, the White House must preserve all memos, letters, emails and papers that the president touches, sending them to the National Archives for safekeeping as historical records.

But White House aides realized early on that they were unable to stop Trump from ripping up paper after he was done with it and throwing it in the trash or on the floor, according to people familiar with the practice. Instead, they chose to clean it up for him, in order to make sure that the president wasn’t violating the law.

Staffers had the fragments of paper collected from the Oval Office as well as the private residence and send it over to records management across the street from the White House for Lartey and his colleagues to reassemble.

The White House did not comment on the president’s paper-ripping habit. According to Young and Lartey, staffers in the records department were still designated to the task of taping together the scraps as recently as this spring.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/10/trump-papers-filing-system-635164

zsomething

Tantrum control! There's a team for that.

If it comes out that there's somebody who has to play "here comes the airplane!" with the spoon when they feed this goon, that honestly won't surprise me much either at this point.

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:Tantrum control!  There's a team for that.

If it comes out that there's somebody who has to play "here comes the airplane!" with the spoon when they feed this goon, that honestly won't surprise me much either at this point.

lol!

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Thread title is wrong ... it should be: "Why am I not surprised"

But hey, if I was one of those staffers I'd just throw all the torn up pieces in the historical file as they are .... let any future interested party tape them back together. (anecdote: we used to call "historical files" the"hysterical files" when I was in govt Laughing )

These people are getting paid how much to do this? The public would be better served if they just did as I suggestedabove & then go out mow the White House grass, pick up trash around the place, or something.

Deus X

Deus X

EmeraldGhost wrote:
But hey, if I was one of those staffers I'd just throw all the torn up pieces in the historical file as they are .... let any future interested party tape them back together.   (anecdote:  we used to call "historical files" the"hysterical files" when I was in govt)

These people are getting paid how much to do this?   The public would be better served if they just did as I suggestedabove & then go out mow the White House grass, pick up trash around the place, or something.

What you’re suggesting is that A) the guy assigned the task of taping the stuff back together shouldn’t do it, he should just pass it off to the next guy and B) blue collar work--mowing the grass or picking up trash--somehow has more merit than academic or intellectual work.

This anti-intellectualism is an element of every totalitarian movement in modern history and is fundamentally undemocratic. Franco, Mussolini, Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot all banged this drum.

During the Cultural Revolution in China, the Red Guards went around the country harassing and persecuting school teachers, bureaucrats and almost anyone who did academic work of any kind. They would be dragged out of their workplaces, made to wear huge dunce caps and paraded before crowds that were encouraged to mock and insult them.

More than a million people were killed during that era and the country fell into chaos.

Congratulations, asshole, THAT’s what you’re suggesting.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Deus X wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
But hey, if I was one of those staffers I'd just throw all the torn up pieces in the historical file as they are .... let any future interested party tape them back together.   (anecdote:  we used to call "historical files" the"hysterical files" when I was in govt)

These people are getting paid how much to do this?   The public would be better served if they just did as I suggestedabove & then go out mow the White House grass, pick up trash around the place, or something.

What you’re suggesting is that A) the guy assigned the task of taping the stuff back together shouldn’t do it, he should just pass it off to the next guy and B) blue collar work--mowing the grass or picking up trash--somehow has more merit than academic or intellectual work.

This anti-intellectualism is an element of every totalitarian movement in modern history and is fundamentally undemocratic. Franco, Mussolini, Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot all banged this drum.

During the Cultural Revolution in China, the Red Guards went around the country harassing and persecuting school teachers, bureaucrats and almost anyone who did academic work of any kind. They would be dragged out of their workplaces, made to wear huge dunce caps and paraded before crowds that were encouraged to mock and insult them.

More than a million people were killed during that era and the country fell into chaos.

Congratulations, asshole, THAT’s what you’re suggesting.

Rolling Eyes Yawn.

Lighten up .... you're a way too serious dude/gal there 'Deucie'.  Can't recognize a lighthearted post when you see one?  

What's with you anyway?   What do you come here for ... to try & "win" a prize or something?  It's a discussion board for Chrisakes.  Me? .... I'm not here to argue with anybody or "win" jack-sh*t really.    Just to express my thoughts on current events, a little light debate, and listen to others and maybe even learn a thing or two here & there from them.

I must really be getting under your skin somehow seeing as how you seem to be following me around the forum with personal insults & trying to spin my comments into things they are not. Sorry, 'bout that (for you) ... but not my problem. Not interested in getting personal with people or trading insults. Waste of my time. Ever seen that politically incorrect meme that goes: "arguing with people on the internet is like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded" Laughing

Deus X

Deus X

EmeraldGhost wrote: "arguing with people on the internet is like being in the Special Olympics.  Even if you win, you're still retarded"    

You're not gonna believe this! Jaw_drop

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum