This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I Don't Need to 'Understand' Anyone Who Still Supports This President

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Deus X wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:

And before that?  And before that?  

Where did the Spanish get the terrirory from?  Neither Mexico nor Spain ever really exercised much control over the vast majority of what is now the American Southwest anyway .. so their claim even then and was actually quite tenuous.  

The world changes ... continually, 'Deuce'

Oh, please, Mexico was an independent country and a republic after whatever treaty it was when Spain granted independence in the 1820s.

We invaded it in the 1850s on a  pretext as phony as Bush's WMDs and hijacked the entire American Southwest by force of arms. Then, to make it worse, we turned Mexicans living in that territory into second-class citizens, denied them citizenship and stole their land.

The Mexican War and its aftermath was an American disgrace.

BFD .. it's all ancient history 'Deuce' ... lots of things like that happen throughout history.  To the victors go the spoils.  I aint saying it's "right" or anything like that ... it's just how it is.

Tell me .. how was it ever Spain's to give in the first place? Why do you think they called them "Conquistadors"?

View user profile
EmeraldGhost wrote:
BFD .. it's all ancient history 'Deuce' ... lots of things like that happen throughout history.  To the victors go the spoils.  I aint saying it's "right" or anything like that ... it's just how it is.

Tell me .. how was it ever Spain's to give in the first place?  Why do you think they called them "Conquistadors"?

Jesus! Just when I was beginning to develop a nano-particle of respect for your intelligence, you say shit like that.

These events weren't ancient, they weren't even two hundred years ago, fifty years after the founding of our so-called republic. So much for all that "freedom, democracy and unalienable rights" bullshit.

These were political decisions fueled by naked greed and racism and made by an ostensible democracy.

DEUS X: What about slavery and the holocaust?

ESCAMBIAGHOST: Shit happens.

You're a big goddamn disappointment to me, pal.

What the hell, might makes right, huh?

View user profile
Deus X wrote:

You're a big goddamn disappointment to me, pal.

Oh, I'm absolutely crushed, Deuce ... first "Flo' and now you?  And I was so trying to curry favor with you guys.  Rolling Eyes   Laughing

What in the Sam Hill does the US/Mexico war have to do with how we should style our immigration policy in 2018 ... exactly 170 years after that little crushing defeat ended.   So, what?  Like we "owe' the peoples of Mexico and Central America something because of that?  Not saying we shouldn't help them as we can ...  just out of the goodness of their hearts, for our own benefit,or whatever  ... but we "owe" them?   What are you?  One of those reparations loons?  We have to make up for whatever bad deeds may or may not have been done by people several generations before us?  Naw .. I don't buy into that nonsense.

Mexico only obtained it's independence of Spain in 1821 .. so that makes only 24 years that Mexico laid claim to the territories that eventually became the US southwestern States. And they never really controlled or populated most of it in that time.  And where did they get that particular geography from .. Spain, you say?  Well, who did Spain get it from?  A bunch of scattered indigenous tribes who fought their own wars with each other over it. And then things get further complicated when you factor in the history of the shortlived Republic of Texas which gained it's independence from Mexico in a popular revolution in 1836 (granted, they were aided and abetted, by the US government, but they did have cause) That's a mere 15 years after Mexico became it's own country and only one year after Santa Ana unilaterally repealed the Mexican Constitution and set himself up as essentially a dictator.  And so now you want to claim here 170 years later Mexico has some kind of rights to all of that particular geography?  

[/i]

You want to discuss our short war with Mexico and the cession of those territories to the United States, well go ahead & start a thread & we'll go down that road. It's sure as heck not relevant to a discussion of what US immigration policy ought/ought-not be here in 2018.  I'm not so well read on the Mexican War as I might be on some other things ... but we can sure talk about it.  Maybe we'll both learn a thing or two in the process?  Ya think?

View user profile
Well, that was easy enough.

View user profile
Deus X wrote:Well, that was easy enough.

Says the poster who can't seem to formulate any kind of coherent rebuttal to my post that fully rebutted his previous one. Laughing

View user profile
EmeraldGhost wrote:
Says the poster who can't seem to formulate any kind of coherent rebuttal

Patience, grasshopper.

View user profile
It's as if leftists think we invented conquest and slavery. Btw... there are more slaves today than 1800's.

View user profile
EmeraldGhost wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
I grew up in South Texas and made many trips to Mexico.  Even if I hadn't done that, I was still surrounded by Hispanic culture, language, food, music, etc.  It's as much a part of me as my own heritage.  I resent your cavalier attitude toward the plight of these people, many of whom are seeking refuge from certain bodily harm and/or death.  This is an obvious intent to inflict harm for political points...and it makes me sick.

Oh ... we're going to make it a "racial" thing now?   Yawn.  How predictable.  

I can only presume you are talking about Jeff Sessions' change in asylum policy?  If so, I can tell you I believe Sessions is correct in that: "the asylum statute does not provide redress for all misfortune. It applies when persecution arises on account of membership in a protected group and the victim may not find protection except by taking refuge in another country."    

I don't go along with Jeff Sessions on everything (like the new zero-tolerance policy for prosecuting 8 USC 1325).... but he's pretty much a straight-arrow when it comes to the law.

Now, that said ... I am a proponent of greatly expanding "legal" immigration to this country ... because I think it's good for the country, particularly at this point in time with our declining birthrate and low unemployment.

If you think our immigration laws are draconian ... you should check out those of most other countries in the world.  

Jeff Sessions is a pig, and so, apparently are you, JERK!

View user profile
Floridatexan wrote:

Jeff Sessions is a pig, and so, apparently are you, JERK!

Do you feel better now you've got that out?

Sticks and stones, 'Flo' ... sticks and stones  Laughing

View user profile
EmeraldGhost wrote:
What in the Sam Hill does the US/Mexico war have to do with how we should style our immigration policy in 2018 ... exactly 170 years after that little crushing defeat ended.  

The Mexican War was just the beginning. I was trying to give you a little background, to which, since you have the historical perspective of a mayfly, you are remarkably immune. Look at a map and draw a line from Corpus Christi to San Francisco, then check out all the Spanish place names on either side of it. DUH!

After that war, particularly after the discovery of gold on the west coast, we stole and used the courts to cheat Mexicans landowners out of their Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo-granted property.

Our treatment of Mexicans and Central Americans in this country has ALWAYS been about ethnic cleansing, starting with Mexican Repatriation in the 1920s.

We've been bigfooting, bullying and interfering in sovereign Central American states for over a century--we invaded Nicaragua TWICE, for godsakes, and occupied it for twenty years. Remember Iran-Contra? What was that about? DUH!

How about Jacobo Arbenz? Does that name ring a bell? DUH!

How about our training of dictators and death squads at our infamous School of the Americas? DUH!

Any Central American who comes here asking for asylum should be granted it automatically regardless of whether they crossed the border legally or not. If they ask for asylum, they should be given it. Period.

Our nation's current immigration policy is about nothing but racist ethnic cleansing, so I'm not surprised you support it.

Now, go ahead, start bleating about open borders and hippies, just don't mention fairness or justice, you phony.

Last edited by Deus X on 7/2/2018, 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
Thanks folks for corroborating a need for my latest writing effort -- it will be my final American history-themed tome:  America: The Dark Side   Crimes against Humanity

It begins with how the Columbus invasion of the Caribbean islands in 1492 resulted in the deaths of some two million Arawak natives.  Indeed, these people were wiped out entirely by 1557.  Some from disease, most from being worked to death as slaves.

Moving along, I expose how in 1763 during the Pontiac-Guyasuta war, two chiefs asked to come in to Fort Pitt and parlay with the surrounded English bastion.  They did, and were gifted with blankets taken from the fort's smallpox ward.  General Amherst (Commander in chief of British military forces in North America)  later approved the barbarous act -- our very first step into biological warfare.  Thousands of native Americans died.

Anyway, thanks to you guys for reaffirming the need for a non-fiction work about our murderous history. After two years of research into the subject, I won't be waving Old Glory on the 4th.

Reality.

View user profile
Are you aware that there are more slaves in the world today than at any point in our countries history?

Or that ethnic cleansing is still being perpetrated? Is that our fault too?

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:Are you aware that there are more slaves in the world today than at any point in our countries history?

Or that ethnic cleansing is still being perpetrated? Is that our fault too?

Are you aware that some countries where slavery exists receive military aid and other help from the United States?

And the Pussy Grabber's immigration policies -- keeping all those Mexican MS13 members, rapists, thieves and murderers OUT OF OUR COUNTRY, along with new laws aimed at slowing or halting immigration from black countries (all those "shithole" countries) seem very close to ethnic cleansing, indeed.

View user profile
You're for human trafficking then... or an open border? You already know how I feel about aid and military.

No need for strawmen.

View user profile

View user profile
Nobody is for an open border. Most simply want to increase legal immigration as a deterrence to illegal immigration. It is about race. It has always been about race, ethnicity, and religion in our immigration policies which started with the chinese, and then expanded to eastern europeans and people of color in the twenties.....xenophobia on steroids. Those same pariahs which the racist tried to bar from America, have made America great. The whole thing about border policy not being about race is simply naive.

View user profile
Tds is getting pathological. I expect implosion during the scotus confirmation.

http://thebaltimorepost.com/man-who-made-death-threat-against-sen-rand-paul-has-been-arrested-lawmaker-says

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:Tds is getting pathological. I expect implosion during the scotus confirmation.

http://thebaltimorepost.com/man-who-made-death-threat-against-sen-rand-paul-has-been-arrested-lawmaker-says

Here's your TDS:

View user profile
What the fuck is "Tds"?

View user profile
Deus X wrote:What the fuck is "Tds"?  

"Trump Derangement Syndrome." It's something the pathetic little snotbubble heard the bigger kids say on 4chan or Reddit or somewhere and so now he wants to see if it'll sound "cool" if he says it, too. That's how he spends his life, skipping alongside bigger kids and sucking up whatever they drop, being a parakeet.

He's like a See 'n' Say of lame, unoriginal, I.Q.-32 gack he's heard from other low-watt human garbage. It's one reason why he's so profoundly boring. I've dealt with a lot of right-wing trolls before, but at least they had their own shtick. This drain-clog can't even come up with that much.

View user profile
zsomething wrote:"Trump Derangement Syndrome."  It's something the pathetic little snotbubble heard the bigger kids say on 4chan or Reddit or somewhere and so now he wants to see if it'll sound "cool" if he says it, too.  That's how he spends his life, skipping alongside bigger kids and sucking up whatever they drop, being a parakeet.

He's like a See 'n' Say of lame, unoriginal, I.Q.-32 gack he's heard from other low-watt human garbage.   It's one reason why he's so profoundly boring.  I've dealt with a lot of right-wing trolls before, but at least they had their own shtick.  This drain-clog can't even come up with that much.

Thanks.

Does this mean you won't be going to Pkr's Fourth of July picnic?

View user profile
Deus X wrote:

Thanks.

Does this mean you won't be going to Pkr's Fourth of July picnic?

Oh, if I ever got a chance to meet him in person, I'd definitely take it. Wink

View user profile
zsomething wrote:
Deus X wrote:What the fuck is "Tds"?  

"Trump Derangement Syndrome."  It's something the pathetic little snotbubble heard the bigger kids say on 4chan or Reddit or somewhere and so now he wants to see if it'll sound "cool" if he says it, too.  That's how he spends his life, skipping alongside bigger kids and sucking up whatever they drop, being a parakeet.

He's like a See 'n' Say of lame, unoriginal, I.Q.-32 gack he's heard from other low-watt human garbage.   It's one reason why he's so profoundly boring.  I've dealt with a lot of right-wing trolls before, but at least they had their own shtick.  This drain-clog can't even come up with that much.

You owe an apology to parakeets.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum