Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Memorial Day

+6
Deus X
zsomething
polecat
RealLindaL
2seaoat
Floridatexan
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Memorial Day Empty Memorial Day 5/28/2018, 12:53 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Donald J. Trump
✔️
@realDonaldTrump
Happy Memorial Day! Those who died for our great country would be very happy and proud at how well our country is doing today. Best economy in decades, lowest unemployment numbers for Blacks and Hispanics EVER (& women in 18years), rebuilding our Military and so much more. Nice!

7:58 AM - May 28, 2018
39.1K people are talking about this

2Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/28/2018, 1:55 pm

2seaoat

President Trump is a national joke. Soon he will be a historic joke. Our founding fathers never imagined a voting block so angry with their lives that they would vote this clown into office. Their concerns about democracy were well founded.

3Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/28/2018, 2:54 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Barack Obama
✔️
@BarackObama
We can never truly repay the debt we owe our fallen heroes. But we can remember them, honor their sacrifice, and affirm in our own lives those enduring ideals of justice, equality, and opportunity for which generations of Americans have given that last full measure of devotion.

11:02 AM - May 28, 2018

4Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/28/2018, 4:51 pm

RealLindaL

Thanks for pointing out the contrast so clearly, FT, simply by using their own words -- Trump the all-about-me braggart, Obama the larger-than-life statesman.   Sadly, it's just very, very depressing.  Sad

5Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/28/2018, 10:48 pm

polecat

polecat

Memorial Day Img_2022

6Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/29/2018, 9:05 am

zsomething

The scary thing is, this is probably actually the best Trump is capable of doing. He doesn't just have no class, he's mentally ill.

I get why he is what he is. What I don't get is why anybody still supports him.

I used to think Dubya was the biggest national embarrassment America would ever elect, but damn if Republican voters didn't manage to outdo themselves in the screwup department. And they're clinging to it.

7Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/29/2018, 9:32 pm

polecat

polecat

Memorial Day Melani10
Memorial Day Desd9o10
Memorial Day Dew4r-10

8Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/29/2018, 11:20 pm

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote:The scary thing is, this is probably actually the best Trump is capable of doing.  He doesn't just have no class, he's mentally ill.

I get why he is what he is.   What I don't get is why anybody still supports him.

I used to think Dubya was the biggest national embarrassment America would ever elect, but damn if Republican voters didn't manage to outdo themselves in the screwup department.  And they're clinging to it.

Oh, please...    Trump is the best thing to happen to Democrats in years, every night it's some new travesty.

The Republic is gonna be fine. We survived Nixon, we survived Bush II and we'll survive this. As soon as he's gone, we'll turn on the dollar taps all over the world and we'll be everyone's best friend again.

Plus, we'll probably get a whole bunch of new anti-corruption and ethics laws out of it, the Clinton Crime Family will be reduced to irrelevance--assuming they throw a net over Hillary and fit her out with a ball-gag--and the Republican Party will be a disreputable mess for years.

All Hail President Trump!

9Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/30/2018, 10:03 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Deus X wrote:
zsomething wrote:The scary thing is, this is probably actually the best Trump is capable of doing.  He doesn't just have no class, he's mentally ill.

I get why he is what he is.   What I don't get is why anybody still supports him.

I used to think Dubya was the biggest national embarrassment America would ever elect, but damn if Republican voters didn't manage to outdo themselves in the screwup department.  And they're clinging to it.

Oh, please...    Trump is the best thing to happen to Democrats in years, every night it's some new travesty.

The Republic is gonna be fine. We survived Nixon, we survived Bush II and we'll survive this. As soon as he's gone, we'll turn on the dollar taps all over the world and we'll be everyone's best friend again.

Plus, we'll probably get a whole bunch of new anti-corruption and ethics laws out of it, the Clinton Crime Family will be reduced to irrelevance--assuming they throw a net over Hillary and fit her out with a ball-gag--and the Republican Party will be a disreputable mess for years.

Some didn't survive Nixon or Bush. Those would be the ones we honored on Monday. Others carry lifelong scars, loss of limbs, traumatic brain injury, and loss of self-esteem, leading at times to suicide. And the POS in the White House couldn't even bring himself to honor them. Eff Drumpf and eff the GOP.

10Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/30/2018, 10:06 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Memorial Day - 7 Facts Documenting Our Neglect of Millions of Veterans
By Bill Quigley, Reader Supported News

27 May 18

While flags fly and politicians preach patriotism, millions of our veterans remain neglected. Here are seven examples.

20 – Twenty veterans die by suicide each day. In fact, the risk for suicide is 22 percent higher among veterans than the non-veteran population, according to the Veterans Administration.

24 – Twenty-four percent of all veterans, about 4.9 million people, have a service-connected disability. Hundreds of thousands more are trying to appeal denials of disability benefits.

40,065 – On a single night in January 2017, over 40,000 veterans were homeless, according to the US Department of Housing and Urban Development. Three in five homeless veterans were staying in emergency shelters or transitional housing. Over 15,000 homeless veterans were staying in places not suitable for human habitation.

318,000 – The Veterans Administration estimated there are over 318,000 appeals of veteran benefits pending nationwide, with an average wait time for appeals of 935 days.

370,000 – Over 370,000 veterans are unemployed according to the US Department of Labor. Unemployment is higher for younger veterans between the ages of 22 and 34 than civilians.

1,465,807 – The Census Bureau reports that 1,465,807 veterans live under the official US poverty line.

1,500,000 – Almost 1.5 million veterans live in households with low enough incomes that they receive benefits under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (formerly food stamps).

Bill Quigley is Associate Director of the Center for Constitutional Rights and a law professor at Loyola University New Orleans. He is a Katrina survivor and has been active in human rights in Haiti for years. He volunteers with the Institute for Justice and Democracy in Haiti (IJDH) and the Bureau de Avocats Internationaux (BAI).

https://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/50317-rsn-memorial-day-7-facts-documenting-our-neglect-of-millions-of-veterans

11Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/30/2018, 11:33 am

Sal

Sal

They did not risk, they did not bleed, they did not die for what this country is at the moment: a republic of mummery, numb and stupid, drunk on unreality and unreason, and, by its own public choice, led by a ridiculous and dangerous man. They did not risk, they did not bleed, and they did not die for what we have now, and that is on us, not them, and not on the people who sent them to war. It is this country at this moment that has squandered the peace and that has profaned the sacrifice because it has made a mocker's game of both of them. This is not what they died for.

Happy Memorial Day.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a20944792/memorial-day-sacrifice-american-republic/

12Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/30/2018, 12:00 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

President Obama, who hoped to sow peace, instead led the nation in war

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-na-pol-obama-at-war/

U.S. military forces have been at war for all eight years of Obama’s tenure, the first two-term president with that distinction. He launched airstrikes or military raids in at least seven countries: Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan.

Yet the U.S. faces more threats in more places than at any time since the Cold War, according to U.S. intelligence. For the first time in decades, there is at least the potential of an armed clash with America’s largest adversaries, Russia and China.

13Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/30/2018, 12:38 pm

zsomething

If it wasn't for what-about-ism, there are one-trick-ponies who wouldn't even have that one trick.  It's all they've got.  Total reflex, synaptic response from someone who's got nothing to contribute and yet insists, has no effect and yet keeps on because they're incapable of better. Never any change, day after day, year after year, stimulus-response-hey-what-about...?

And, my god, it is so fucking god-damned BORRRRINNNNGGG!.

14Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/30/2018, 1:00 pm

Deus X

Deus X

Floridatexan wrote:Some didn't survive Nixon or Bush.  Those would be the ones we honored on Monday.  Others carry lifelong scars, loss of limbs, traumatic brain injury, and loss of self-esteem, leading at times to suicide.  And the POS in the White House couldn't even bring himself to honor them.  

I just want to point something out: The draft ended in '73, so after that they were all volunteers.

When you volunteer for a hazardous occupation--less hazardous than logging or commercial fishing, by the way--and get killed or injured, whose fault is that?

15Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/30/2018, 1:03 pm

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote:If it wasn't for what-about-ism, there are one-trick-ponies who wouldn't even have that one trick.  It's all they've got.  Total reflex, synaptic response from someone who's got nothing to contribute and yet insists, has no effect and yet keeps on because they're incapable of better.  Never any change, day after day, year after year, stimulus-response-hey-what-about...?

Nailed it!

16Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/30/2018, 2:12 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

zsomething wrote:If it wasn't for what-about-ism, there are one-trick-ponies who wouldn't even have that one trick.  It's all they've got.  Total reflex, synaptic response from someone who's got nothing to contribute and yet insists, has no effect and yet keeps on because they're incapable of better.  Never any change, day after day, year after year, stimulus-response-hey-what-about...?

And, my god, it is [i]so fucking god-damned BORRRRINNNNGGG!.

Having your nose rubbed in your hypocrisy just be irritating. Sleep

17Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/30/2018, 3:21 pm

zsomething

PkrBum wrote:

And, my god, it is [i]so fucking god-damned BORRRRINNNNGGG!.

Having your nose rubbed in your hypocrisy just be irritating. Sleep

Just posted it to see if you'd recognize that it was you I was talking about.

And you did, didn'tcha? Very Happy

Even you realize that you're the weakest link on the board.

But, you do serve a purpose. For one, you're a living antidepressant; no matter how bad it gets for people, they can think, "At least I'm not that guy!" And, then, o' course, there's...

18Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/30/2018, 4:38 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Deus X wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:Some didn't survive Nixon or Bush.  Those would be the ones we honored on Monday.  Others carry lifelong scars, loss of limbs, traumatic brain injury, and loss of self-esteem, leading at times to suicide.  And the POS in the White House couldn't even bring himself to honor them.  

I just want to point something out: The draft ended in '73, so after that they were all volunteers.

When you volunteer for a hazardous occupation--less hazardous than logging or commercial fishing, by the way--and get killed or injured, whose fault is that?

The draft didn't begin until 1969. When the sons of the well-to-do started being drafted, that was the beginning of the end. Not all of them could go to Germany, like the ROTC SOB that worked with me at the bank, which was his family's business. I don't know and don't care what happened to him after that; all he ever tried to do was...well, you know. Meanwhile, my boyfriend kept going AWOL from boot camp and finally put an end to all of that in the Summer of '68.

19Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/30/2018, 5:09 pm

Deus X

Deus X

Floridatexan wrote:
The draft didn't begin until 1969.  When the sons of the well-to-do started being drafted, that was the beginning of the end.  

THE DRAFT DIDN'T BEGIN UNTIL 1969! That must be a typographical error or something. Try to get your facts straight.

20Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/30/2018, 5:24 pm

Telstar

Telstar

21Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/30/2018, 8:20 pm

Deus X

Deus X

Conscription in the United States, commonly known as the draft, has been employed by the federal government of the United States in five conflicts: the American Revolution, the American Civil War, World War I, World War II, and the Cold War (including both the Korean War and the Vietnam War). The third incarnation of the draft came into being in 1940 through the Selective Training and Service Act. It was the country's first peacetime draft. From 1940 until 1973, during both peacetime and periods of conflict, men were drafted to fill vacancies in the United States Armed Forces that could not be filled through voluntary means.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscription_in_the_United_States

Of course, since you were a girl, FT, the draft didn't affect you. It was young males that got dragged off the streets and made to kill-or-be-killed. Females got a pass so they could stay at home and manufacture outrage about what pieces-of-shit all men are.

22Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/31/2018, 12:24 am

RealLindaL

Deus X wrote:Females got a pass so they could stay at home and manufacture outrage about what pieces-of-shit all men are.

If anyone held any lingering doubts about whether or not this person is a true woman hater....

23Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/31/2018, 3:04 am

Deus X

Deus X

RealLindaL wrote:
Deus X wrote:Females got a pass so they could stay at home and manufacture outrage about what pieces-of-shit all men are.

If anyone held any lingering doubts about whether or not this person is a true woman hater....

The defense rests, your honor...

24Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/31/2018, 6:50 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:

25Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day 5/26/2019, 10:27 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:
Deus X wrote:

Some didn't survive Nixon or Bush.  Those would be the ones we honored on Monday.  Others carry lifelong scars, loss of limbs, traumatic brain injury, and loss of self-esteem, leading at times to suicide.  And the POS in the White House couldn't even bring himself to honor them.  Eff Drumpf and eff the GOP.

AMEN FT! AMEN.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum