Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Korean war is going to end, and I am not sure anybody but Trump could have accomplished this

+9
Wordslinger
Sal
Deus X
Telstar
Floridatexan
RealLindaL
PkrBum
polecat
2seaoat
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Deus X

Deus X

What's the title of this thread? Oh, yeah, it's "The Korean war is going to end, and I am not sure anybody but Trump could have accomplished this."

Guess what, Seaoat...   wrong again! Trump just cancelled the Singapore Summit! (8:30 am, Thursday, 24 May 2018)

polecat

polecat

Deus X wrote:What's the title of this thread? Oh, yeah, it's "The Korean war is going to end, and I am not sure anybody but Trump could have accomplished this."

Guess what, Seaoat...   wrong again! Trump just cancelled the Singapore Summit! (8:30 am, Thursday, 24 May 2018)

WHAT? I already ordered my trump No-bell Piece Prize commemorative plates.

Spelling checked by Twittertrump.

zsomething

Who could have predicted that Trump would fuck this up, based on childish petulance?

Oh noes, they said Pence was dumb, well, can't have world peace with people who use that kind of salty language!

The only thing more ridiculous than the current administration is that there are still people who'll support it. How blinkered stupid ya gotta be to still be believing in this guy, or thinking he's even remotely sane?

PkrBum

PkrBum

Knee... meet jerk.

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote:Who could have predicted that Trump would fuck this up, based on childish petulance?

I have a feeling that this is more complicated than just Trump being a douche. Both Trump and Kim may have been pressured by their advisers to trash the meeting.

Both sides have a lot of sociopolitical and financial capital invested in nuclear armaments and advisers on both sides may have seen any move toward dismantlement (is that a word?) as a threat to their respective internal "spheres of influence".

Things are seldom what they seem, skim milk masquerades as cream.

From H.M.S. Pinafore

The relationship began to deteriorate last week, when North Korea released a memo explaining that the nation was not willing to denuclearize in exchange for sanctions relief. The memo also described a "feeling of repugnance" toward National Security Adviser John Bolton, who had repeatedly called for North Korea to denuclearize entirely, citing the agreement the United States reached with Libya in 2003.

Several outlets reported that Trump was angered and confused by the news, and that the president spent the weekend discussing with aides whether it might not be a good idea to go through with the summit at all. The New York Times noted the president was "increasingly concerned" the meeting could be a "political embarrassment," while CNN reported that "some of the president's advisers privately say the chances of the talks occurring grew slimmer."

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/trump-north-korea-canceled-w520712

China may have played a role in this as well:

China’s President Xi Jinping and North Korea’s leader Kim Jong Un have applied the brakes on hopeful plans for a historic June 12 meeting between President Trump and Kim, and the president has now wisely cancelled the summit. This is a good thing for a couple of reasons.

http://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/389125-trump-may-have-given-kim-an-offer-he-dares-not-refuse-despite-Beijings-objections

polecat

polecat

What the hell am I supposed to do with all these, "Trump went to Singapore and all I got was this stupid collusion" t-shirts?

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost wrote:.....

In any case .... in the highly unlikely event should Trump pull off the de-nuclearization of North Korea, but of course he should get the Nobel Peace Prize.   But were I on the committee  I wouldn't be having Trump's name engraved on one just yet.

Seems to me, we've danced this dance with North Korea before?  Did we learn nothing?   Can you say "bamboozled"?    I knew that you could!   Laughing

polecat

polecat

PkrBum wrote:Knee... meet jerk.

WINNING!!!

polecat

polecat

The Korean war is going to end, and I am not sure anybody but Trump could have accomplished this - Page 4 Img_2020

PkrBum

PkrBum

polecat wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Knee... meet jerk.

WINNING!!!

At least he didn't give away the farm. Obama was the worst negotiator since Carter... probably ever.

Deus X

Deus X

polecat wrote:The Korean war is going to end, and I am not sure anybody but Trump could have accomplished this - Page 4 Img_2020

MANY MUCH OUT LOUD LAUGHINGS!

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

LOL !

polecat

polecat

LITTLE ROCKET MAN SAID THERE WOULD BE, LIKE, NO HOOKERS AT THIS SUMMIT THING, SO I CANCELLED IT. YOU WANT SOME COINS?

The Korean war is going to end, and I am not sure anybody but Trump could have accomplished this - Page 4 Img_2021

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

So .... Trump cancelled the summit before Kim got a chance to cancel it.

According to Trumpkin orthodoxy .... Trump told Little Rocket Man to FOAD. So that's a "WIN !!!" (right?) MAGA! (That's how Trumpian fishing buddy spins it, anyway.)

PkrBum

PkrBum

Un took denuclearization off of the table. Fuck em.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

PkrBum wrote:Un took denuclearization off of the table. Fuck em.

Yeah ... well, it was never really on the table. And anybody who knows anything about foreign policy & N Korea knew that.   

Trump saw a chance to make a splashy headline & took it. That's all it was ever about.   His base swallowed it hook-line-and-sinker.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Pffft Rolling Eyes

Deus X

Deus X

EmeraldGhost wrote:Yeah ... well, it was never really on the table.   And anybody who knows anything about foreign policy & N Korea knew that.

This just in:

President Donald Trump and his aides are hinting that his historic sit-down with Kim Jong Un may still happen, just one day after Trump sent a blunt letter to the North Korean leader calling it off.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/25/trump-north-korea-statement-reaction-608628

zsomething

Foreign policy in the Trump White House is like a three-year-old playing with a light switch. On-off, on-off, on-off! Maybe entertaining to him, but annoying as hell to every adult in the room.

Even if they have the meeting, Trump will louse it up. He's about as good a statesman as he is a nutritionist. There's no integrity left. He's been coddled and surrounded by yes-men his entire life and hasn't quite figured out yet that the rest of the world's not going to let him act like a child without consequences. Under his "leadership" our country's becoming the punch-line of a particularly ugly joke.

PkrBum

PkrBum

At least he's not putting America last.

2seaoat

This is a simple closing. Trump has years of experience doing the dance before a closing. It will happen. Only he could have done this. Sane people and business as usual was not working. Stupid, impulsive, and erratic works getting someone to the closing table because he really does not give a chit one way or another.....good negotiation position.

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:This is a simple closing.  Trump has years of experience doing the dance before a closing.   It will happen.   Only he could have done this.   Sane people and business as usual was not working.   Stupid, impulsive, and erratic works getting someone to the closing table because he really does not give a chit one way or another.....good negotiation position.

I don't think it's that simple, there's other players at the table--China and South Korea, for instance--as well as Trump's advisors Bolton and Pompeo, who seem to have conflicting advice. And then there's Trump's tendency to adopt the point-of-view of the last person he talks to. This is anything BUT "a simple closing".

RealLindaL

Deus X wrote:
2seaoat wrote:This is a simple closing.  Trump has years of experience doing the dance before a closing.   It will happen.   Only he could have done this.   Sane people and business as usual was not working.   Stupid, impulsive, and erratic works getting someone to the closing table because he really does not give a chit one way or another.....good negotiation position.

I don't think it's that simple, there's other players at the table--China and South Korea, for instance--as well as Trump's advisors Bolton and Pompeo, who seem to have conflicting advice. And then there's Trump's tendency to adopt the point-of-view of the last person he talks to. This is anything BUT "a simple closing".

Deus is right, Sea.   I know you hate to be wrong on anything, but this was a fool's bet from the beginning.  I mean, TRUMP, a world peacemaker, a great political negotiator??  C'mon, Sea, get real.   This man-child is good for nothing but empty self-aggrandizement. He offers continuing, unending, mind-numbing B.S., false promises, and disappointment for anyone who dares place their faith in him or give him the slightest bit of credit. He deserves NONE. NONE -- except, that is, for single-handedly attempting to destroy the very fabric of our society, one thread at a time. Everyone I know is SICK TO DEATH of this disgusting piece of trash invading and infecting the Oval Office, turning everyone and everything inside out, and making the U.S. the laughingstock of the world. When/how in heaven's name will we be able to BARF HIM OUT for good??

polecat

polecat

Yesterday: Trump is brilliant to hold the North Korea summit and there's no downside.

Today: Trump is brilliant to cancel the North Korea summit; it gives him all the leverage.

Tomorrow: The summit is back on and it's a testament to Trump's genius.

Trumpism is non-falsifiable.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I believe you truly have lost your mind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum