Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Korean war is going to end, and I am not sure anybody but Trump could have accomplished this

+9
Wordslinger
Sal
Deus X
Telstar
Floridatexan
RealLindaL
PkrBum
polecat
2seaoat
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

2seaoat

40k American troops in Korea since I was born.....who has lost his mind. The status quo was insane. Trump has caused the South Koreans to realize that this American President would liquidate six to ten million Korean citizens as collateral damage to stop the North Koreans. It is working. We should have been out of Korea fifty years ago, but the status quo and all the intelligent experienced diplomats could not get it done.....it took a person who was a sociopath to bring people to the table. This is huge and it is simple. Very simple. It always has been simple. We do not belong in Korea. Period.

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:  ...It always has been simple.  We do not belong in Korea.  Period.

What utter horseshit--or, in your childish variant spelling, horsechit!

South Korea is now a thriving, vibrant economy. The lives of it's citizens are immeasurably better than those of North Korea. Absent America's power and influence, they would be much poorer and continuously threatened by the North.

You have the historical perspective of a Mayfly. During the war the flow of refugees was invariably from north to south. Chinese and North Korean prisoners-of-war resisted being repatriated to the point of an uprising in one of the detention camps.

Can you even begin to imagine what Europe would look like without American military bases in Germany? Germany, France, Spain and Italy would all have become Soviet satellites. Their citizens would have been under constant threat of deportation to the Gulag for the slightest expression of dissent.

The world, since WWII, is a much better place because of America's military power.

2seaoat

Trump is kicking asz. The Korean War will be officially dead after 70 years. No President in those seventy long years did what Trump is doing. Got to call balls and strikes as I see um......strike.

In regard to our presence is necessary in Korea.......just look at every booming southeast Asian nation and tell me how we are responsible for their economic boom.....please.....read a book, and then ignore how half the same nation is starving......thank you USA.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Trump is kicking asz.  The Korean War will be officially dead after 70 years.  No President in those seventy long years did what Trump is doing.  Got to call balls and strikes as I see um......strike.

In regard to our presence is necessary in Korea.......just look at every booming southeast Asian nation and tell me how we are responsible for their economic boom.....please.....read a book, and then ignore how half the same nation is starving......thank you USA.

The Guardian view on North Korea: no art as Trump seeks deal
Editorial
The US president boasts of a possible peace deal with North Korea, but the prospects of success at next month’s planned summit in Singapore look worse than ever

"It is not clear whether Donald Trump set out to threaten Kim Jong-un with Muammar Gaddafi’s fate. It is not even certain that he realises he did so. In his rambling remarks on Thursday he appeared to confuse Libya and Syria. He took his national security adviser John Bolton’s remarks on the “Libya model” to refer to the military intervention of 2011, rather than the negotiated removal of its nuclear programme in 2003. It is even possible that he intended to reassure: “That model would take place if we don’t make a deal, most likely. But if we make a deal, I think Kim Jong-un is going to be very, very happy,” he said.

So making sense of this administration’s pinball trajectory towards next month’s possible summit is a fool’s errand. Yet that is what Pyongyang, and the rest of us, must do. North Korea had already warned that it might not attend, but in calibrated terms, taking aim at Mr Bolton for pushing the Libya model and insisting on “abandoning nuclear weapons first, compensating afterwards”. Intentionally or not, Mr Trump doubled down by spelling out the prospect of regime change and “total decimation” if no deal is reached. This is precisely why the North wants its WMDs: leaders without them are more easily removed. The advance of Mr Bolton and Mike Pompeo, and then the US withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal, have made it still less likely that the North can either achieve or trust a security guarantee..."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/18/the-guardian-view-on-north-korea-no-art-as-trump-seeks-deal

He's out of his depth. I wonder how he passed the 4th grade.

2seaoat

So who do you think best relates to the Korean dictator......Obama or Trump. It is an easy answer, and that is exactly why the horrible rabbit hole of Korea may finally come to an end with cuts in military spending.....finally.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:So who do you think best relates to the Korean dictator......Obama or Trump.  It is an easy answer, and that is exactly why the horrible rabbit hole of Korea may finally come to an end with cuts in military spending.....finally.

Oh, definitely our authoritarian dictator, age 72, is a perfect match for N Korea's dictator, who's how old? Do not hold your breath for anything but a photo op and more lies.

2seaoat

There are few lies bigger than we needed to be in Korea for 70 years.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:There are few lies bigger than we needed to be in Korea for 70 years.

I disagree. Any decision to go to war, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq Gulf War, Afghanistan, Iraq again...all those caused the loss of US lives. But that's really the subject of a separate discussion.

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:There are few lies bigger than we needed to be in Korea for 70 years.

I disagree.  Any decision to go to war, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq Gulf War, Afghanistan, Iraq again...all those caused the loss of US lives.  But that's really the subject of a separate discussion.

How does the loss of U.S. lives counter Sea's contention that we needn't have stayed in Korea for 70 years? I'm not following.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Floridatexan wrote:

I disagree.  Any decision to go to war, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq Gulf War, Afghanistan, Iraq again...all those caused the loss of US lives.  But that's really the subject of a separate discussion.

That's funny... you left out Obama's overthrow of Libya... and his campaigns in Egypt and Syria... etc.

Not to mention the assassination of a US juvenile citizen in a foriegn sovereign country.

2seaoat

PK if we were talking basketball you certainly would not make such blaring inaccurate statements.  First, it was NATO which was pushing for intervention into Libya.  The Obama administration dragged their feet, but did finally get on board with providing support to those trying to overthrow the terrorist and murderer of innocent Americans Col. K..  It was NOT Obama's lie.  He succeeded where previous American Presidents failed.  He and our NATO allies removed the murderer.

However, you assume that the NATO actions were long term detrimental to the nation of Libya.  I would as most experts agree that short term Libya the nation has suffered from the overthrow of a brutal dictator.  Just like Iraq the short term Iraq the nation has been shattered much like Libya, but long term for real change by the people for the people, these entrenched dictatorships had to be overthrown by the people.  So I vehemently disagree with your assumption that Libya was a bad thing because it was 5 trillion cheaper, and 4,000 Americans who did not have to die for regime change and occupation.  No, history will show that the Libyan people in liberating their country from a dictator with the help of NATO was a good thing.   So please use that tired logic of blaming President Obama for compliance with NATO policy, and trying to scapegoat once again.....that is silly.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Ya... things are just peachy after that foriegn policy decision.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/reports-of-migrant-slave-trade-in-libya/

https://news.vice.com/article/libyan-oil-gold-and-qaddafi-the-strange-email-sidney-blumenthal-sent-hillary-clinton-in-2011

https://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/2016/01/06/new-hillary-emails-reveal-true-motive-for-libya-intervention/

2seaoat

Well the terrorist bastard did not scatter American Kids all over the Atlantic Ocean with his bombs and plots.....no he found a well deserved drain pipe. The Nato policy was a total success. Nation building is not for you tenderfoots. 80 years after we declared our independence a half million Americans died from fighting each other.......sorry on a scale of 1 to a 100 with 1 being the Nato intervention had little impact on the change and 100 being that the devil Obama was responsible for everything.......I would say history will judge it as a 5. Hold it.....I thought it was all Hillary who was the devil......oh yea.....I forgot how you work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum