This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

The Korean war is going to end, and I am not sure anybody but Trump could have accomplished this

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

It is a big deal. The idea of finally stopping the bleeding of American resources in the Korean Peninsula is huge. Not one thread on this forum acknowledges that this is a huge step in the right direction. Trump is a lying selfish impaired individual who is quite capable of starting a war because reason and intelligence in his sociopath personality are absent......raw power was recognized. I think he is the worst President in American History, but this is big. Now if we can only get our troops out of Europe and Japan. It is almost 75 years of occupation and it is time to stop. A big thumbs up.

View user profile
I will believe it when see it.

View user profile
Nobel prize? Lmao... every leftist head would explode.

View user profile
Korea thinks it is a big deal. The South Koreans were getting increasingly concerned that America would fire first, and North Korea would destroy millions of civilians. Of course they will keep their nuclear, but will get rid of it to make this thing work, when you know how to build em.....destroying some is not going to stop them from producing more in the future. Trust but verify. The opportunity to bring almost 40K military personnel home is huge. Just one more hell hole which was entirely unnecessary if we had heeded the Chinese warnings and pulled back to probably fifty miles north of the current DMZ.

View user profile
polecat wrote:I will believe it when see it.

I'm with you, pole. As for giving credit to Trump if it's a go, let's not forget Moon. Couldn't happen without him, and he's long been willing to talk.

View user profile

There is NO WAY IN HELL Drumpf deserves credit for this peace accord...such as it is. Shame on CNN for their reporting. I'm sure S Korean president Moon Jae-in has his own reasons for giving credit to Drumpf, and I will not hold my breath waiting for the withdrawal of US troops from S Korea. Will Drumpf also pick dandruff or lint from Kim Jung Un?

View user profile
Floridatexan wrote:
There is NO WAY IN HELL Drumpf deserves credit for this peace accord...such as it is.  Shame on CNN for their reporting.  I'm sure S Korean president Moon Jae-in has his own reasons for giving credit to Drumpf, and I will not hold my breath waiting for the withdrawal of US troops from S Korea.  Will Drumpf also pick dandruff or lint from Kim Jung Un?  




Better yet maybe Kim Jung will grab bone spur by his pussy.

View user profile
Results matter. Not some confection filled intent that makes your mouth water.

Gawd comrades are easy.

View user profile
Floridatexan wrote:
There is NO WAY IN HELL Drumpf deserves credit for this peace accord...such as it is.  Shame on CNN for their reporting.  I'm sure S Korean president Moon Jae-in has his own reasons for giving credit to Drumpf, and I will not hold my breath waiting for the withdrawal of US troops from S Korea.  Will Drumpf also pick dandruff or lint from Kim Jung Un?  



Pick lint no but he dreams of sucking soy sauce out of Kim Jung's tally wacker.

View user profile
Trump deserves ALL the credit. Sorry, if you cannot get beyond your bias of this worst President in American History, then the problem is not with Trump but with you.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:Trump deserves ALL the credit.  Sorry, if you cannot get beyond your bias of this worst President in American History, then the problem is not with Trump but with you.

He doesn't deserve ALL the credit--there's other players in the game, China, South Korea and Japan, for instance--but he certainly deserves some of it.

My question to you is: Credit for what, exactly? With Nixon the Madman Theory was an intentional gambit. Do you honestly think Trump is capable of that sort of deliberate diplomacy?

You're right about the rest, the Trump haters are blinded by emotion and, apparently, incapable of reasoned analysis.

View user profile
North Korean president Kim Jong-un recently announced his country has halted its nuclear testing program. While it is unclear whether this is a political move in preparation for meeting with the United States president Donald Trump, recent evidence suggests the country may have been forced to halt testing.

A recent study by a group of geologists discovered that the mountain used by North Korea for its nuclear bomb testing has collapsed as a result of the explosions. The collapsed mountain is raising concerns about radioactive fallout, which could make its way into China.

Scientists from the University of Science and Technology of China believe this could be the true reason North Korean President Kim Jong-un announced the halt of their nuclear testing program.

The collapse of Mount Mantap was a result of five recent nuclear blasts at the Punggye-ri nuclear test site in northwest North Korea. The recent nuclear tests tore open a hole in the mountain, causing it to collapse and creating a pathway for radioactivity to escape from the mountain.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2018/04/26/this-could-be-the-real-reason-why-north-korea-stopped-its-nuclear-missile-tests/#49e7f27c64c2

Trump single-handedly toppled a mountain with his relentless tidal wave of bullshit.

His supporters will buy it.

View user profile
Sal wrote:North Korean president Kim Jong-un recently announced his country has halted its nuclear testing program. While it is unclear whether this is a political move in preparation for meeting with the United States president Donald Trump, recent evidence suggests the country may have been forced to halt testing.

A recent study by a group of geologists discovered that the mountain used by North Korea for its nuclear bomb testing has collapsed as a result of the explosions. The collapsed mountain is raising concerns about radioactive fallout, which could make its way into China.

Scientists from the University of Science and Technology of China believe this could be the true reason North Korean President Kim Jong-un announced the halt of their nuclear testing program.

The collapse of Mount Mantap was a result of five recent nuclear blasts at the Punggye-ri nuclear test site in northwest North Korea. The recent nuclear tests tore open a hole in the mountain, causing it to collapse and creating a pathway for radioactivity to escape from the mountain.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2018/04/26/this-could-be-the-real-reason-why-north-korea-stopped-its-nuclear-missile-tests/#49e7f27c64c2

Trump single-handedly toppled a mountain with his relentless tidal wave of bullshit.

His supporters will buy it.





Now Kim Jung being the useful idiot that he is, is doing exactly what his master in red China told him to do when he visited red China. Moscow's useful idiot in the White House is waiting on further orders. The world should be glad that sane leaders are in charge. Nobel prizes are a little out of reach for
this league but me thinks they would be happier with golden globes anyway.

View user profile
I joined the USAF to avoid being drafted and sent to Korea. It was a bullshit war then, and still is. The history of N. Korea politics since the so-called truce at Panmunjom, repeats and repeats and repeats the same theme: The North Korean leader suggests peace talks, and vows to stop being aggressive, we go to the table, remove sanctions and ship food and money.
Then the N. Korean begins to threaten once more.

Kim Jong Un seems to have a calculating and well informed mind. Our leader is
Donald Trump.

Need I say more?

View user profile
America has been pushed around by petty dictators for 30 years. We were led by rational intelligent men who detested those dictator's principles. President Trump is neither. He is a petty dictator. Stalin had no problem penning a truce with Hitler, you see it was always blind self interest. Then America with its high ideals and principles which our Presidents adhered to until the worst President in American History. Trump was the catalyst, and to deny the same is more denial that maybe that rational and reasoned response of past American Presidents is exactly why we have been in Korea for nearly 70 years.

View user profile
Leftists would rather a nuclear armageddon than give trump an ounce of credit.

That wouldn't promote their political agenda... it would in fact expose their naivety and incompetence.

Obama got a Nobel prize and then bombed 7sovereign Muslim nations... more than Bush2 btw.

But that was ok... lol.

View user profile
Wordslinger wrote:I joined the USAF to avoid being drafted and sent to Korea.  It was a bullshit war then, and still is...

You honestly think South Koreans would be better off if the U.S. had not intervened after the North's invasion of the South?

MacArthur certainly should have been stopped earlier but still, the South is much better off now than the North.

North Korea is an impoverished, totalitarian state that struggles with food shortages, while the South is relatively advanced with a vibrant economy.

Where would you rather live?

View user profile
I certainly wish Trump luck. But give him credit? Not for what he's done so far. If he manages to act like a grown-up for a few minutes and actually have a discussion with Kim, then maybe he'll deserve some credit. But all he's done so far is fling a bunch of childish insults. Talks have started just because the world realizes there's a bigger problem than North Korea now -- the world's last remaining superpower has a mentally-ill idiot as president, and a population that's at least 35% scumbags who seem willing to support outright fascism. Being a lunatic the rest of the world feels the need to align against is not enough to earn anyone a Nobel Prize. If it were, might as well hand one out to Kim, too.

Talk of giving Trump the Nobel is ridiculous, by the way. It was also ridiculous to give Obama one, but at least he was a competent president. Trump still has not actually held the office he was elected for -- he doesn't even understand it, he just likes the attention of America's shittiest people, and he plays to them. That's all he understands about being president -- "Assholes like me! So I gotta be a garbage person so they'll keep clapping for me! I like clapping, it feels like the approval daddy never gave me!"

That's not a diplomatic accomplishment by any means. So far all the diplomatic work has been done by South Korea and North Korea. Trump has done nothing but call names because he's trying to make America's worst people clap for him. He deserves no credit for that. If he does something better down the road, when he actually meets face-to-face with Kim, then we'll revisit the idea of giving him credit, but so far he's just been an embarrassing brat. And that wasn't a tactic or a strategy, it's just the only way he knows how to behave.

I've never seen people try harder to give a complete incompetent so much credit for so little. It's like giving a dog a Milk Bone because you like the new carpet you had to get because he kept shitting on the other one.

View user profile
Dissonance duly noted... lol.

confused

View user profile
zsomething wrote:I certainly wish Trump luck.   But give him credit?  Not for what he's done so far.   If he manages to act like a grown-up for a few minutes and actually have a discussion with Kim, then maybe he'll deserve some credit.  But all he's done so far is fling a bunch of childish insults.   Talks have started just because the world realizes there's a bigger problem than North Korea now -- the world's last remaining superpower has a mentally-ill idiot as president, and a population that's at least 35% scumbags who seem willing to support outright fascism.  Being a lunatic the rest of the world feels the need to align against is not enough to earn anyone a Nobel Prize.   If it were, might as well hand one out to Kim, too.

Talk of giving Trump the Nobel is ridiculous, by the way.  It was also ridiculous to give Obama one, but at least he was a competent president.  Trump still has not actually held the office he was elected for -- he doesn't even understand it, he just likes the attention of America's shittiest people, and he plays to them.  That's all he understands about being president -- "Assholes like me!   So I gotta be a garbage person so they'll keep clapping for me!  I like clapping, it feels like the approval daddy never gave me!"  

That's not a diplomatic accomplishment by any means.   So far all the diplomatic work has been done by South Korea and North Korea.  Trump has done nothing but call names because he's trying to make America's worst people clap for him.  He deserves no credit for that.   If he does something better down the road,  when he actually meets face-to-face with Kim, then we'll revisit the idea of giving him credit, but so far he's just been an embarrassing brat.  And that wasn't a tactic or a strategy, it's just the only way he knows how to behave.

I've never seen people try harder to give a complete incompetent so much credit for so little.   It's like giving a dog a Milk Bone because you like the new carpet you had to get because he kept shitting on the other one.


Tells it exactly like it is!   cheers    cheers     cheers     cheers

View user profile
zsomething wrote:I certainly wish Trump luck.   But give him credit?  Not for what he's done so far.   If he manages to act like a grown-up for a few minutes and actually have a discussion with Kim, then maybe he'll deserve some credit.  But all he's done so far is fling a bunch of childish insults.   Talks have started just because the world realizes there's a bigger problem than North Korea now -- the world's last remaining superpower has a mentally-ill idiot as president, and a population that's at least 35% scumbags who seem willing to support outright fascism.  Being a lunatic the rest of the world feels the need to align against is not enough to earn anyone a Nobel Prize.   If it were, might as well hand one out to Kim, too.

Talk of giving Trump the Nobel is ridiculous, by the way.  It was also ridiculous to give Obama one, but at least he was a competent president.  Trump still has not actually held the office he was elected for -- he doesn't even understand it, he just likes the attention of America's shittiest people, and he plays to them.  That's all he understands about being president -- "Assholes like me!   So I gotta be a garbage person so they'll keep clapping for me!  I like clapping, it feels like the approval daddy never gave me!"  

A Nobel Peace Prize for President Trump? It could happen.

The chant went up from the crowd Saturday night at President Trump’s rally in Michigan: “Nobel! Nobel!” On Monday, South Korean President Moon Jae-in added his vote. “President Trump should win the Nobel Peace Prize,” Moon said. “The only thing we need is peace.”

This kind of talk is premature, given how tenuous is the progress of talks between North Korea and South Korea toward ending the hostilities between their two countries and denuclearizing the region. And for all the end zone dancing we are seeing among the president’s fans, Trump’s face-to-face meeting with North Korean dictator Kim Jung Un has yet to happen.

Nonetheless, a campaign is underway — in part because it feeds Trump’s insatiable appetite for flattery. Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) has talked about the possibility, saying “a lot of liberals would kill themselves.” A British oddsmaker has set the chances of Trump winning at 2:1, though Trump’s son Donald Jr. has tweeted that “the globalist elite would never give him that win.”

So is it plausible that Trump could be a serious contender for the world’s most prestigious honor?

If you look at history, yes.

It would not be the first time the prize committee has cast its votes for its hopes, rather than an actual achievement, or that it gives a prize as a means of sending a message. In 2009, Barack Obama won it when he had been in office less than nine months. Why? “To be honest, I still don’t know,” Obama deadpanned when comedian Stephen Colbert put that question to him.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2018/04/30/a-nobel-peace-prize-for-president-trump-it-could-happen

View user profile
Deus X wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:I joined the USAF to avoid being drafted and sent to Korea.  It was a bullshit war then, and still is...

You honestly think South Koreans would be better off if the U.S. had not intervened after the North's invasion of the South?

MacArthur certainly should have been stopped earlier but still, the South is much better off now than the North.

North Korea is an impoverished, totalitarian state that struggles with food shortages, while the South is relatively advanced with a vibrant economy.

Where would you rather live?

Atiu Island, to be specific. But where I want to live is irrelevant, right? The central issue isn't how history gave the S. Koreans a better deal than than their northern relations. It's the question of why should the U.S. be the policeman of the world -- sacrificing lives, blood and money -- to protect lesser countries being invaded by aggressors -- when the outcome, one way or the other, does not threaten the lives of Americans living in our country.

Obviously you buy the idea that the USA should remain the policeman of the world. That's as much real bullshit as was the Korean War.

View user profile
The South Koreans could always count on America not engaging in a careless nuclear war in Korea. Trump is careless. The South Koreans realized as most of the world has determined, the US is dangerous to people as our MIC needs to profit on war. They for the first time realized that they could be destroyed not by the North, but by the careless actions of a sociopath. There are no checks and balances on Trump as none of the traditional constitutional safeguards seem to stop our new king.

No the peace in Korea is all Trump. Sometimes the madness of war is not appreciated until a mad man is in charge of the United States of America. If he brings home the troops from Korea and Afghanastan, he will be reelected. I give a rat's tail about stormy, but I think shrinking our military should be the number one goal of every American.

View user profile
Obama won the prize because he wasn't one of the impotent self serving tag team war mongers in charge before him. The next president will win the prize because he isn't the toxic orange pile of manure in charge right now.

View user profile
Trump has negotiated from a position of strength... much to leftist chagrin. Cuckolds are bad leaders.

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum