This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why do so many cowards choose law enforcement?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Deus X wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
I've had police friends through the years.  I think some of them have suffered a loss due to crime and truly want to help prevent others from going through the same thing, or something similar.  I've also had police...both men and women...help me in time of need.  Others, maybe, were picked on in their childhood (who hasn't been?), or even abused, and at some level of consciousness want revenge, and then there are those who have something to prove.  So there are good cops and bad cops...and in many cases the bad ones are simply novices...sometimes just afraid...those need more training.  So I have respect for most policemen.  They need to "police" themselves.

You've completely misidentified the problem. It's that the "good" cops won't out the bad cops. Their "code" is so twisted that outing a bad cop is considered a mortal breach. The so-called "good" cops are therefore complicit in the bad cops brutality and crimes--accomplices to it. Therefore: there's no such thing as a "good" cop. Q.E.D.

We've talked about that numerous times. Do you remember when some sicko tried to kidnap my granddaughter from the flea market? Sheriff's Dept. deputies were less than cooperative when my daughter and her husband tried to report it. And then 2 deputies were found guilty of participating in a sex ring...with the children of one of them. Don't think I'm unaware of the Blue Wall.

View user profile
Floridatexan wrote:
 Don't think I'm unaware of the Blue Wall.

Well, what's the solution, or is it unsolvable? At least there's the prospect of changing the "Shoot first" problem: a few nine or ten digit  lawsuit settlements and insurance companies will start to intervene.

But the "blue wall" thing, I don't know how that gets solved--it seems to be in the cop DNA. However, until it's solved, my contention that there's "no such thing as a 'good cop'" still holds.

View user profile
I dare you to approach a car without a clue as to the contents. It might be easy pcola... not so much in Chicago.

You people are clueless and worse... thoughtless.

View user profile

View user profile
The word coward is harsh, but the reports coming from the Florida school shooting showed four deputies who sought cover behind their vehicles and did not enter the school, and even told newly arriving officers where the shooter was....the third floor.....This idea that putting a military uniform or police uniform suddenly changes the person who is wearing that uniform is an absurd proposition.  Under that hypothesis, I simply have to wear an NBA uniform, and suddenly I am an NBA player.  All humans possess fight or flight mechanisms.  In my life, I have fought, and I have sought flight.  So does the conclusion of "coward" require a perfect record of bravery and courage leading up to those acts of cowardice, or is there an intrinsic method to screen a person to determine that person's propensity to fight or run.

I think training is the key.  A properly trained person can deal with that urge to run or cower behind a vehicle.  I had a fire chief tell his board that training is the most important thing they can invest in their department.  So my experience is that some folks who should never have been police officers often go a career without ever drawing their weapon, and like the military where 99% of those who serve never were in a fire fight or combat, the selection process might start looking at different type of personalities when talking about police.....gung ho......in my experience at crunch time is simply another illusion of the uniform.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum