This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Danger of President Pence

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2 Re: The Danger of President Pence on Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:04 am

The people in Indiana had their fill of Pence.....he would not have been reelected. He may be president for a balance of a term, but he will never be elected to office......like the other guy from Indiana who could not spell potato..........the folks from Indiana were called Hoosiers for a reason.

View user profile

3 Re: The Danger of President Pence on Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:03 am

This article is 13,500 words long. At a reading speed of 300 wpm, that's 45 minutes. Do you actually expect people to read it?

WAY WAY TL;DR

View user profile

4 Re: The Danger of President Pence on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:36 am

Pence is as appealing as a hunk of wood. He'll never win an election.

View user profile

5 Re: The Danger of President Pence on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:26 am

Pence is why a "containment" strategy is better for dealing with Trump for the next couple of years rather than futile pipe-dreams of impeachment.

View user profile

6 Re: The Danger of President Pence on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:28 am

Telstar wrote:Pence is as appealing as a hunk of wood. He'll never win an election.

Don't underestimate Mike Pence's political abilities.  He's won five elections as Congressman to the US House of Representatives and two elections for Governor of Indiana.   I don't think we've seen the real Pence yet on the national stage ... on the campaign trail or in action as an elected official.  He's biding his time, and quietly using the the Vice Presidency to achieve what he can of his agenda.

Conservative turnout would go through the roof for Pence in 2020, and particularly with evangelicals ... he'd probably get more votes than Trump could.  But he'll not likely get that chance because Trump will survive the next couple of years and will run for re-election unless he becomes convinced he's likely to lose, in which case he'll find some excuse (health, business, family etc) to pass the baton to early.  But then again, Trump's not really a "team player" so "passing the baton" when appropriate for the good of the party (or anyone/thing else for that matter) won't come naturally to him.  The only thing that would cause him not to run for another term would be a fair certainty he wouldn't win ... because "losing" would tarnish everything he's supposed to be about.

It will be interesting to see how things go, anyway.   Stay tuned, folks!!!

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

7 Re: The Danger of President Pence on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:59 am

The evangellybeans who are humiliating themselves trying to support Trump would LOVE a chance to vote for Pence.

If you really want to understand what evangelicals are wanting, go read this book: https://www.amazon.com/Christian-Nation-Frederic-C-Rich/dp/0393240118/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1522248148&sr=1-1&keywords=christian+nation It's a novel, but it's got more truth in it about the Dominionist plans than you're likely to find anywhere else, and it's backed up with facts even though the narrative is speculative fiction.

Today I got behind a car with an old bumper sticker that said "VOTE GOD BACK 2014." That's really all these people are focused on. They see the kind of stranglehold the Taliban got over Afghanistan, and it made them jealous. It's what they want to do to this country. They admit it.

Pence is what they want. Yeah, he's bland and he's boring, but he's an extremist fanatic, and he has enough sense to behave himself. They won't constantly have to make hypocrites of themselves defending his morals, and they'll enthusiastically back him as he blandly goes about all their goals -- shoving homosexuals back in the closet (or outlawing them altogether), taking every right away from women, making life hell for anyone who isn't white and Christian. That's what they want -- absolute conformity to White Christian Males, to the point of fascism.

Letting Pence in there would be a gift to them. His boring-ness would feel like a refreshing reset to the country after the chaos of Trump, and the policies would be just as horrible. But evangelicals would be behind it all the way.

These idiots need to be shut out, not emboldened. I wouldn't do them the favor of removing Trump from office and letting radical-cleric Pence imbed himself. Let Trump drag out his time lame-ducked by his scandals and reveal the Republican/evangelical party for the hypocritical sham that it is, and then vote them all out in 2020 and kill their insidious movement off for good. Otherwise we're going to be seeing some version of The Handmaid's Tale, only with more resistance. This country's too good to hand it over to radicalized religious scumfucks.

View user profile

8 Re: The Danger of President Pence on Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:16 pm

zsomething wrote:The evangellybeans who are humiliating themselves trying to support Trump would LOVE a chance to vote for Pence.

If you really want to understand what evangelicals are wanting, go read this book:  https://www.amazon.com/Christian-Nation-Frederic-C-Rich/dp/0393240118/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1522248148&sr=1-1&keywords=christian+nation   It's a novel, but it's got more truth in it about the Dominionist plans than you're likely to find anywhere else, and it's backed up with facts even though the narrative is speculative fiction.  

Today I got behind a car with an old bumper sticker that said "VOTE GOD BACK 2014."  That's really all these people are focused on.   They see the kind of stranglehold the Taliban got over Afghanistan, and it made them jealous.  It's what they want to do to this country.  They admit it.  

Pence is what they want.  Yeah, he's bland and he's boring, but he's an extremist fanatic, and he has enough sense to behave himself.  They won't constantly have to make hypocrites of themselves defending his morals, and they'll enthusiastically back him as he blandly goes about all their goals -- shoving homosexuals back in the closet (or outlawing them altogether), taking every right away from women, making life hell for anyone who isn't white and Christian.   That's what they want -- absolute conformity to White Christian Males, to the point of fascism.

Letting Pence in there would be a gift to them.  His boring-ness would feel like a refreshing reset to the country after the chaos of Trump, and the policies would be just as horrible.   But evangelicals would be behind it all the way.

These idiots need to be shut out, not emboldened.   I wouldn't do them the favor of removing Trump from office and letting radical-cleric Pence imbed himself.   Let Trump drag out his time lame-ducked by his scandals and reveal the Republican/evangelical party for the hypocritical sham that it is, and then vote them all out in 2020 and kill their insidious movement off for good.  Otherwise we're going to be seeing some version of The Handmaid's Tale, only with more resistance.   This country's too good to hand it over to radicalized religious scumfucks.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

View user profile

9 Re: The Danger of President Pence on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:08 pm

Pence is every bit as corrupt, if not as clownish, as the orange diarrhea.

He would be easily contained with a short shelf life due to his own scandals.

Pence is not a reason to avoid Trump's impeachment.

View user profile

10 Re: The Danger of President Pence on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:14 am

Sal wrote:Pence is every bit as corrupt, if not as clownish, as the orange diarrhea.

It's a moot point, you need 2/3 of the Senate to convict. Not likely to happen.

View user profile

11 Re: The Danger of President Pence on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:30 am

My guess is Pence is behind a lot of Trump's appointments ... like this Wendy Vitter tool.

What he is, like MIke Huckabee and Ted Cruz (to a degree) is a Christian Reconstruction/Dominionist

Link: Wiki - Dominion Theology

Link:  http://brewminate.com/christian-reconstructionists-and-dominionism-theocratic-pursuits-in-american-politics/

I may lean conservative on many issues (fiscally, constitutionally) ... but I detest these people.

View user profile

12 Re: The Danger of President Pence on Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:43 pm

EmeraldGhost wrote:My guess is Pence is behind a lot of Trump's appointments ... like this Wendy Vitter tool.

What he is, like MIke Huckabee and Ted Cruz (to a degree) is a Christian Reconstruction/Dominionist

Link: Wiki - Dominion Theology

Link:  http://brewminate.com/christian-reconstructionists-and-dominionism-theocratic-pursuits-in-american-politics/

I may lean conservative on many issues (fiscally, constitutionally) ... but I detest these people.

You're going straight to HELL, you friggin' heathen!

View user profile

13 Re: The Danger of President Pence on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:10 am

Deus X wrote:

You're going straight to HELL, you friggin' heathen!

Didn't they teach you anything in Kindergarten?  Like .... no yelling.  

You need to stand in line & wait your turn to tell me that like everybody else.   And it just might be a pretty long line depending on what day, week it is .... so I'd think about bringing a snack if I were you.   Laughing

View user profile

14 Re: The Danger of President Pence on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:07 pm

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Didn't they teach you anything in Kindergarten?  Like .... no yelling.  

Sorry, I got one of them prayer cloths once from Jim Bakker but if you fold it wrong or put it in your hip pocket and sit on it, Jerry Falwell pops out and starts yelling. Nothin' personal.

View user profile

15 Re: The Danger of President Pence on Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:49 am

Sal wrote:Pence is every bit as corrupt, if not as clownish, as the orange diarrhea.

Which scandals are those, Sal? Wondering what I must've missed on that score.

View user profile

16 Re: The Danger of President Pence on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:31 am

RealLindaL wrote:

Which scandals are those, Sal?  Wondering what I must've missed on that score.  

Spiro T Agnew wasn't on anyone's radar when Watergate broke but he was gone before Nixon was. So this wouldn't be the first American double resignation at the top shop. The amazing thing is their party keeps surviving these massive fails.

View user profile

17 Re: The Danger of President Pence on Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:53 pm

Thanks, Tel. Can always hope, I suppose.

View user profile

18 Re: The Danger of President Pence on Thu May 10, 2018 3:56 pm

George Will: Pence is a model of governing by groveling

GEORGE F. WILL | Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 9:00 p.m.

Updated 17 hours ago
WASHINGTON — Donald Trump, with his feral cunning, knew. Mike Pence, with his talent for toadyism and appetite for obsequiousness, could, Trump knew, become America's most repulsive public figure. And Pence, who has reached this pinnacle by dethroning his benefactor, is augmenting the public stock of useful knowledge.

Because his is the authentic voice of today's lickspittle Republican party, he clarifies this year's elections: Vote Republican to ratify groveling as governing.

Last June, a Trump Cabinet meeting featured testimonials offered to Dear Leader by his forelock-tugging colleagues. His chief of staff, Reince Priebus, caught the spirit of the worship service by thanking Trump for the “blessing” of being allowed to serve him. The hosannas poured forth from around the table, unredeemed by even a scintilla of insincerity.

Pence chimed in but saved his best riff for a December Cabinet meeting when, as The Washington Post's Aaron Blake calculated, Pence praised Trump once every 12 seconds for three minutes: “I'm deeply humbled. ...” Judging by the number of times Pence announces himself “humbled,” he might seem proud of his humility, but that is impossible because he is conspicuously devout and pride is a sin.

Between those two Cabinet meetings, Pence and his retinue flew to Indiana for the purpose of walking out of an Indianapolis Colts football game, thereby demonstrating that football players kneeling during the national anthem are intolerable to someone of Pence's refined sense of right and wrong. Which brings us to his Arizona salute last week to Joe Arpaio, who was sheriff of Maricopa County until in 2016 voters wearied of his act.

Noting that Arpaio was in his Tempe audience, Pence, oozing unctuousness from every pore, called Arpaio “another favorite,” professed himself “honored” by Arpaio's presence, and praised him as “a tireless champion of ... the rule of law.” Arpaio, a grandstanding bully and darling of the thuggish right, is also a criminal, convicted of contempt of court for ignoring a federal judge's order to desist from certain illegal law enforcement practices. Pence's performance occurred eight miles from the home of John McCain, who could teach Pence — or perhaps not — something about honor.

Henry Adams said that “practical politics consists in ignoring facts,” but what was the practicality in Pence's disregard of the facts about Arpaio? His pandering had no purpose beyond serving Pence's vocation, which is to ingratiate himself with his audience of the moment. The audience for his praise of Arpaio was given to chanting “Build the wall!” and applauded Arpaio.

It is said that one cannot blame people who applaud Arpaio and support his rehabilitators (Trump, Pence, etc.) because, well, globalization or health care costs or something. Actually, one must either blame them or condescend to them as lacking moral agency. Republicans silent about Pence have no such excuse.

There will be negligible legislating by the next Congress, so ballots cast this November will be most important as validations or repudiations of the harmonizing voices of Trump, Pence, Arpaio and the like. Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic. Pence is what he has chosen to be, which is horrifying.

http://triblive.com/opinion/georgewill/13628830-74/george-will-pence-is-a-model-of-governing-by-groveling

I don't often quote George Will, but he nailed this one.

View user profile

19 Re: The Danger of President Pence on Fri May 11, 2018 3:22 am

George Will really, really needs to get a strong opinion on something for a change. lol!

View user profile

20 Re: The Danger of President Pence on Fri May 11, 2018 5:31 am

RealLindaL wrote:George Will really, really needs to get a strong opinion on something for a change.

And learn how to express himself.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum