This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Austin Bomber 24-year-old Mark Anthony Conditt Dead

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]





CRIME 03/21/2018 06:04 am ET Updated 4 minutes ago

Suspected Austin Bomber Dead In Confrontation With Police

Police said the suspect, a 24-year-old white male, blew himself up.

By Andy Campbell and Willa Frej

AUSTIN, Texas ― "The man suspected of setting off a series of homemade bombs in the Austin area this month, killing two people and terrorizing the city, died early Wednesday in a confrontation with police, authorities said.

Austin Police Chief Brian Manley said officers had been pursuing the suspect when he detonated an explosive device in his car, killing himself and injuring one officer. An officer shot at the vehicle, Manley said..."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/austin-bomber-arrested_us_5ab213fbe4b008c9e5f2ac16?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=__TheMorningEmail__032118&utm_content=__TheMorningEmail__032118+CID_ab016291508846c455b4dfa9c9ccbbf2&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software&utm_term=HuffPost&ncid=newsltushpmgnews__TheMorningEmail__032118

View user profile
Good.

I hope he was the only one involved, and that they can figure out what motivated him. From the early bombings on people's porches I suspected some kind of Nazi, but after that he seemed to just be targeting anyone, so, no telling what he was trying to do. Probably some 4chan idiot...

View user profile
*never mind, that turned out to be some prank, like I thought it might. Some 4chan dorks trying to get one of their own in trouble *

View user profile
zsomething wrote:*never mind, that turned out to be some prank, like I thought it might.  Some 4chan dorks trying to get one of their own in trouble *

Hold that thought anyway. Weren't all the victims either black or Hispanic?

View user profile
Thank God there is no National Bomber Association or Americans would be blown to bits every couple of weeks.

View user profile
Telstar wrote:Thank God there is no National Bomber Association or Americans would be blown to bits every couple of weeks.

Trump’s plan for dealing with domestic terror is missing in action


By Josh Rogin Global Opinions November 12, 2017 Email the author


In the wake of the Oct. 31 terrorist attack in New York City, it’s clear that time has run out for the Trump administration to develop, articulate and implement a real strategy to deal with domestic radicalization. Due to politics, bureaucratic wrangling and a lack of resources, the United States is falling behind in combating the fastest-growing part of the terrorist threat.

After Sayfullo Saipov killed eight people in his massacre in Lower Manhattan, President Trump blamed weak immigration policies. But all the evidence suggests that the Uzbek-born Uber driver was radicalized after he entered the United States. During Trump’s campaign and presidential transition, his team railed against the Obama administration’s “countering violent extremism [CVE]” policies and promised to radically change the U.S. approach. But almost one year later, a plan is still missing in action.

Former officials and experts say the Trump administration is dismantling parts of the Obama-era initiative, especially those that involve working with Muslim groups, without anything to replace them.

“The attack on the West Side Highway is evidence of the current threat environment in which we live,” former homeland security secretary Jeh Johnson told me. “It’s critical that the U.S. government engage those communities in the homeland from which terrorist organizations may seek to recruit. I’m concerned that these efforts are atrophying.”

While he was Homeland Security secretary, John F. Kelly initiated a full review of counter-radicalization policies. He shifted some of the $10 million worth of grants under the DHS Office of Community Partnerships from community engagement toward law enforcement. The Trump administration’s 2018 budget doesn’t fund the grant program at all. Kelly also cut the OCP office staff and downgraded its authority.

The leader of that office, George Selim, quit in July after clashing with Trump political appointees, including Katharine Gorka, wife of former White House official Sebastian Gorka, who has waged a rhetorical jihad against “countering violent extremism.” Selim was tarred by the far right as an “Obama administration holdover known for engaging fringe Islamic radicals,” even though he was a conservative Republican viewed skeptically by Muslim groups.

Another conservative Republican, Rep. Michael McCaul (Tex.), was attacked by the far right for supporting CVE programs when his name was floated to lead DHS. On the left, CVE also faces criticism from civil liberties groups that see the effort as targeting young Muslims who have never committed crimes.

“There are no built-in advocates in the United States for CVE,” said Seamus Hughes, deputy director of the Program on Extremism at George Washington University. “As a result, we are five years behind Europe on this.”

Trump is entitled to set his own priorities, a former Trump administration DHS official said, but not having a strategy is unacceptable. The Obama administration was slow to organize on the issue, but the Trump team no longer has the luxury of time.

Almost one year in, “there’s been zero articulation of policy, zero demonstration of resources on these issues, and there’s no leader on this issue,” the official said.

Two current DHS officials disputed that account. They said that a new strategy on countering radicalization was in the works. Meanwhile, DHS is committed to increasing, not decreasing, efforts in the space.

“The last administration was focused on strategy documents, we’re focused on action,” one DHS official said.

Their first step was to rebrand CVE as “terrorism prevention.” In September, acting DHS secretary Elaine Duke laid out that vision, testifying to Congress that programs must be risk-based, intelligence-driven, proven effective and focused on front-line actors. Congressional officials called that reasonable but lamented the lack of details and visible implementation.

Absent federal leadership, local communities are moving forward. Dealing with terrorist recruits who have been prosecuted but will be released is a huge concern. Last week, a federal judge in Minnesota released a Somali man, Abdullahi Yusuf, who tried to join the Islamic State. Yusuf participated in the nation’s first pretrial jihadi rehabilitation program.

There’s no silver bullet for stopping people from becoming terrorists, but there’s a clear need to drastically increase federal support for education and for tools that help communities spot the signs of radicalization and report them to authorities. The FBI can’t surveil every suspect forever. There must be a plan to intervene with potential militants before they are fully indoctrinated. And there must be a system for helping those who are prosecuted but will eventually get out of jail.

The United States cannot bomb, arrest and prosecute its way out of Islamist radicalization and recruitment. Trump may point to immigration, but unless his team gets serious about domestic radicalization, the threat of New York-like attacks will continue to rise.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/trumps-plan-for-dealing-with-domestic-terror-is-missing-in-action/2017/11/12/d8f7eb2c-c65d-11e7-afe9-4f60b5a6c4a0_story.html?utm_term=.4f61f741ebd9

***********

View user profile
Ban bombs?

View user profile
Ban paid Russian trolls.

View user profile
Deus X wrote:Ban paid Russian trolls.






lol!

View user profile
zsomething wrote:Good.  

I hope he was the only one involved, and that they can figure out what motivated him.  From the early bombings on people's porches I suspected some kind of Nazi, but after that he seemed to just be targeting anyone, so, no telling what he was trying to do.  Probably some 4chan idiot...

He was home-schooled so I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out his parents are evangelicals.

A picture of the suspected Austin serial bomber Mark A. Conditt provided by a close high school friend on Wednesday paints him as a smart but opinionated — and often intimidating — young man who was “rough around the edges.”

“It’s really sad to think that one of my friends succumbed to hatred of some sort,” Jeremiah Jensen, 24, who was homeschooled in the same Pflugerville community as Conditt, told the American-Statesman.

Jensen was one of only about a dozen friends listed on Conditt’s Facebook page before it was removed on Wednesday morning.

The two were close in 2012 and 2013, said Jensen, who would often go to the Conditts’ home for lunch after Sunday church service and attended Bible study and other activities with him.


https://www.statesman.com/news/crime--law/the-suspect-family-mark-conditt-grieving-and-shock/CQUCcXNJ9nb2iFs8sSq0pK/




They attended the Austin Stone Community Church:

The Austin Stone Community Church exists to exalt the name of Christ in our city, our nation and around the world. We seek to be a community who gives glory to Christ above all things and welcomes all people to join us in worshipping Him.

We want to bless our city, believing that as we seek its peace, we will display the grace, freedom and life that Jesus Christ offers to anyone who believes in Him.

OUR MISSION:
To know, love, and obey God by declaring and demonstrating the gospel wherever God has you

https://austinstone.org/

I think I'm gonna be sick, which way to the vomitorium?

View user profile
In 2012, when he was 17 years old, Austin bombing suspect Mark Conditt laid out his political views in a series of blog posts he wrote for an Austin Community College course on U.S. government.

On the blog, Conditt described himself as a conservative. It’s not clear whether politics played any role in the bombings, but the blog posts provide insight into Conditt’s thinking as he was growing up.

He wrote that he was against gay marriage and abortion and in favor of the death penalty.

He also wrote that he supported doing away with the sex offender registration system.

“So you have a guy who committed a crime. Will putting him on a (sex offender) list make it better? wouldn’t this only make people shun him, keep him from getting a job, and making friends? Just for a crime that he may have committed over 15 years ago as a adolescent? On a side note, one fifth of all rapes are committed by a juvenile,” Conditt wrote.

On abortion, he wrote: “First, if a women does not want a baby, or is incapable of taking care of one, she should not participate in activities that were made for that reason. Second, if we are going to give women free abortions, why not give men free condoms, or the like? Is it not up to the couple to take these preventive measures?”

Arguing against gay marriage, he wrote that homosexuality is “not natural.”

“Just look at the male and female bodies. They are obviously designed to couple. The natural design is apparent. It is not natural to couple male with male and female with female. It would be like trying to fit two screws together and to nuts together and then say, “See, it’s natural for them to go together.”


https://www.statesman.com/news/crime--law/the-suspect-family-mark-conditt-grieving-and-shock/CQUCcXNJ9nb2iFs8sSq0pK/

Too bad the crazy fucker didn't live long enough to go to the joint. He'd of gotten a rude education in "coupling".

View user profile
This is Draylen Mason, one of the victims of this psycho's bombs:



Mason was the "most remarkable talent in a most remarkable youth orchestra program called Austin Sound Waves," said Doug Dempster, dean of the College of Fine Arts at UT Austin, KXAN reported.

The Austin Sound Waves program offers free music instruction to artistically underserved children.

"At Sound Waves performances one could often see him leaning in to lead and coach younger and more tentative players," Dempster told KXAN.

"His gentle confidence seemed to come from a conviction that hard work and talent was going to work for him. It did."

"From everything I've heard about Draylen, he was an outstanding young man who was going places with his life, and it's an absolute tragedy that he's no longer with us," Austin police Chief Brian Manley told reporters.


https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/us/austin-package-bombing-victims/index.html



He was killed opening a package on his kitchen table.

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum