Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Papa Johns out as NFL sponsor.....not their choice

+4
Jake92
Telstar
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/pizza-hut-becomes-official-pizza-of-nfl-after-papa-john%e2%80%99s-split/ar-BBJHmXw?li=BBnb7Kz

Papa John's is gone. How such chitty pizza got a national NFL campaign is beyond me. I am not a real fan of pizza hut, but it is four or five times better than the chit that Papa Johns serves. Thumbs up to the NFL in getting a quality sponsor.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I only liked their peppers...I don't like butter on my pizza.

Telstar

Telstar

Butter on pizza, yuck! Is that a Florida thing?

Jake92

WHY bring politics into what pizza will be sponsoring football. Pure 100% poor sportsmanship from a loser.

polecat

polecat

Oh no... mean ole NFL
I love papa johns slime covered circular barf crackers

2seaoat

politics and pizza.......they are joined at the hip. If a person buys a pizza at Papa Johns you can bet that they did not graduate from high school, they have a small penis, and have a conceal and carry permit. That is why NY deli is an oasis in a pizza desert. I think of a Trump rally with people yelling lock her up, over the shouts of .....get your papa johns slice of heaven here.....as vendors work the crowd. It reminds me of goodfellows Ray Liota describing how instead of a sauce they put ketchup on pasta.......in the end it is a choice between civilization and Barbarians......the NFL chose civilization.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Evil or Very Mad

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:politics and pizza.......they are joined at the hip.  If a person buys a pizza at Papa Johns you can bet that they did not graduate from high school, they have a small penis, and have a conceal and carry permit.  That is why NY deli is an oasis in a pizza desert.  I think of a Trump rally with people yelling lock her up, over the shouts of .....get your papa johns slice of heaven here.....as vendors work the crowd.  It reminds me of goodfellows Ray Liota describing how instead of a sauce they put ketchup on pasta.......in the end it is a choice between civilization and Barbarians......the NFL chose civilization.

Of course. That's why the best pizza in Florida is NY deli pizza. NY the home state of cadet bone spur so that's why they didn't support the cheap, spineless, lying 1% grifter. Twisted Evil

bigdog

I stopped eating Papa Jons because of my politics and it didn't hurt my waistline a bit. I have to confess that the best slice of pizza I ever had was in New York City from a street-side vendor. Also, the best damn hot dog I ever had was in New York City also from a street vendor. We were only there 3 days, but NYC managed to impress these Florida tourists with their eateries.

2seaoat

My wife and I are convinced that one Chicago hot dog place would become a favorite spot in downtown Pensacola. The first thing we do when we return is go to Portillos.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:My wife and I are convinced that one Chicago hot dog place would become a favorite spot in downtown Pensacola.  The first thing we do when we return is go to Portillos.

Not sure our little downtown could support two hot dog places. (It would be in competition with the long-lived, iconic Dog House Deli.)

Would love to have a short list of the best of the best eateries of various types in Chicago, in your opinion. Son and d.i.l. are likely going to be moving there in late summer. Being New Yorkers, they're pretty good at sniffing out the best places, but I'm sure would appreciate your suggestions. IF you have a few minutes. No biggie if not. I don't think they're hot dog fans, but probably just about anything else.....

2seaoat

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/striking-maps-reveal-the-huge-wealth-gap-between-american-cities-and-the-rest-of-the-country/ss-BBJYyj6?li=BBnb7Kz#image=2

I think these maps say it all. You can find good food in the blue areas and utter cultural and food wasteland in the red areas. There are exceptions, but I am convinced that poverty allows for horrible food choices.

In Chicago, all your son has to do is go to the Michigan Ave area from the Tribune building to the Hancock center and walk four blocks in any direction and you will find some of the best rated restaurants in the world. Some will look like holes in the wall but have incredible choices and variety. However, some of the top end places can easily cost a hundred bucks a meal. However, we suggest going at lunch time as some of the best restaurants have reasonable lunch specials. In Suburban Chicago from Oakbrook to Naperville you will find almost every sit down restaurant has great food. They do not stay open without the same.

When you look at the interactive map of poverty, you can bet there is no place in Milton where they are going to charge you a hundred bucks for a meal. Dave's catfish could probably top out at fifteen bucks for a meal, which like some of the hole in the wall places around North Michigan, the food is much better than the price would indicate.

I like taking the grandkids to the Signature Room in the John Hancock building. Your son could do the tourist thing and spend about twenty five bucks to go to the observation level which is like the 99 th floor, or save about fifty from the observation deck and spend about a hundred bucks for two lunches which are usually pretty good as you eat on the 95th floor and can spend an hour enjoying your meal and some incredible views of lake michigan and Lake shore drive.

2seaoat

When Peyton sells his Papa John franchises, will the last person out please turn off the lights.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/manning-sold-papa-johns-stores-2-days-before-nfl-cut-chain/ar-BBJZUoQ?li=BBnbfcL

bigdog

We've almost decided that the price of food is directly the opposite of how it tastes.  We were in New Orleans yesterday and ate at a German eatery over in  one of the gentrified areas of town and the meal for us and our son plus his wife was 75 bucks. My son had a cheeze pretzel, I had a brat sandwich and apple streudel. Can't remember what my d-i-l ate, but it was just a sandwich of some kind. My husband's meal was the most expensive-cole slaw, potato salad and mystery meat with a German name.  No way all that should have cost anywhere NEAR 75 bucks. The food was okay, But I am getting tired of places that expect nearly 100 bucks for 3 or 4 sandwiches.
I know it's not just a New Orleans thing anymore either-Pensacola has places that believe their atmosphere is worth a fortune. It's not. Bad food or food you can barely find without a microscope can't be helped by a waiter's tuxedo. Not IMO anyway.
What is nice though is when your kids finally start paying for YOUR dinner. That's something I never expected- it took a very long time. Very Happy

polecat

polecat

Have you ever ate at Majoria Commerce Restaurant in New Orleans? Breakfast and lunch only, bring cash. Prices are fair and the food is good. Thursday is fried chicken day.

bigdog

No, I've never eaten there but I will give it a try. We're going back over there on Saturday to the St Patricks Day Parade, so I may be able to check on their food then.
One of the best places we've found is directly across the street from my son's apartment on Bienville and is called Mr Ed's. They have great Cajun and Creole food, plus my daughter in law tells us they have meatball sandwiches that are as good as the ones in NYC where she grew up. The waiters make it a fun place to eat too.
I'll definitely write down that name though and try it out. We're always hunting new places to eat over there-what's the point in being in New Orleans if you aren't gonna eat, right?

PkrBum

PkrBum

I'd vote for Hillary in 2020 for a genuine shrimp po' boy.

bigdog

I'd recommend the Verti Marte for a Shrimp PoBoy. That's where Brad and Angelina used to get theirs when they lived there. They mentioned it on TV and made it famous.
It's just a deli in the back of a corner grocery, but the food is unbelievable. Their po-boys are the very best.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum