Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'He's A CON ARTIST, He's A FRAUD': It's Even WORSE Than You Think

+4
zsomething
Deus X
2seaoat
Floridatexan
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Deus X

Deus X

RealLindaL wrote:Frankly, sir, it wouldn't have made one whit's difference to me had it been written by the fish counter person at my local grocery -- though in that case it may never have seen the light of day.  Nope, I don't care who wrote it -- it's just pure unvarnished truth.

Well, this confirms one of my long-held suspicions: that Hillary supporters can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality, between fact and fiction.

"It's just pure unvarnished truth."

The word truth is generally defined as "in accord with fact or reality".

It should only be used to described real events, things that have actually  happened, not "what might have been". That phrase, "what might have been" means that Ms. Streisand's piece is opinion and describes events that DID NOT HAPPEN--no matter how fervently she may wish they had. Therefore it is not truth, pure, unvarnished or otherwise. See, the difference?

While you might get your political opinions from the neighborhood fish monger, I generally consider the source before I ascribe any value to the opinions of others. For instance, I wouldn't pay any attention to the political opinions of, say, a fish monger while I might pay close attention to what he has to say about fish. You must feel otherwise.

Therefore, I don't think the political opinions of a washed-up, over-the-hill lounge singer who's never held elective office, or written about or even studied public policy or foreign affairs are worth a hoot.

RealLindaL

Knock yourself out, O Mr. Arrogant, Perfect One. Yes, the OPINION piece was titled "What Might Have Been," and I OPINE that those opinions, those likelihoods, are truthful and valid.

Oh, and though I'm certain she'd have been a far superior president in every way to the p.o.s. now in the White House, I never declared myself a Hillary supporter -- made many statements, in fact, about distrusting her -- so I'M convinced that certain smart-ass jerks can't themselves tell truth from their own fantasized opinions about others' political positions, any more than they can distinguish an illustrative statement about a fish counter person from reality.

Deus X

Deus X

RealLindaL wrote:Knock yourself out, O Mr. Arrogant, Perfect One.   Yes, the OPINION piece was titled "What Might Have Been," and I OPINE that those opinions, those likelihoods, are truthful and valid.  

Oh, and though I'm certain she'd have been a far superior president in every way to the p.o.s. now in the White House, I never declared myself a Hillary supporter -- made many statements, in fact, about distrusting her -- so I'M convinced that certain smart-ass jerks can't themselves tell truth from their own fantasized opinions about others' political positions, any more than they can distinguish an illustrative statement about a fish counter person from reality.

Still struggling with your anger issues, eh?

Telstar

Telstar

Deus X wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Knock yourself out, O Mr. Arrogant, Perfect One.   Yes, the OPINION piece was titled "What Might Have Been," and I OPINE that those opinions, those likelihoods, are truthful and valid.  

Still afraid of strong women eh? Typical Bernie bot.

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:
Deus X wrote:

cheers   cheers   cheers   cheers   cheers   cheers

Deus X

Deus X

Telstar wrote:

A truly strong person, man or woman, would have released the transcripts of her paid speeches to Wall Street. What I'm afraid of is a treacherous, deceitful whore hijacking the Democratic party. A truly strong woman, Elizabeth Warren or Donna Brazile, for instance, would not have lost to Donald Trump and then blamed everyone but herself for the loss.

Millions of once reliably Democratic voters pulled the lever for the first black president, yet they were suddenly whipped up into a racist furor by Trump's "racial and ethnic and sexist appeals"? Give me a break.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-hillary-clinton-lost-white-voters-20170914-story.html

polecat

polecat

The Dow just fell 500 points over Trump starting a Trade War with China over tariffs but I can't get to an AM radio to find out why it's Obama's fault.

PkrBum

PkrBum

polecat wrote:The Dow just fell 500 points over Trump starting a Trade War with China over tariffs but I can't get to an AM radio to find out why it's Obama's fault.  

Tariffs have been historically detrimental to our economy. It might help a few industries... or jump start some... but the prices are going to rise for the vast majority right down to the consumer. I doubt this accomplishes what he hopes. I guess we'll see in a year or two. The govt thumb on the scale is generally bad.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

polecat wrote:The Dow just fell 500 points over Trump starting a Trade War with China over tariffs but I can't get to an AM radio to find out why it's Obama's fault.  

lol! lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum