This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Pray the High School survivors at Stoneman Douglas win. Or we all lose.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

It's clear the kids who survived Cruz's bloody rampage are totally dedicated to destroying the NRA's most important asset: the politicians its been able to buy. Kids from all over the country are affiliating themselves with the anti-gun movement, and they're completely media savvy. It's obvious they still believe the system will work. I hope so, because if the NRA wins, you can add the millions of youngsters to all of us who are totally soured on Washington DC and the State politicians who have been working the pay to play game too long.

Add all the disenfranchised adults to the young adults, and we are guaranteed a full-fledged revolution -- one which Old Guard -- right or left -- will lose and lose bloody badly.

See this: http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/48632-four-reasons-the-nra-should-fear-the-parkland-student-survivors

View user profile
Why not do something new and arrest the criminals with illegal guns and locking them up instead of slapping them in the hand and giving the guns back to them.

View user profile
Why not do something new and arrest the criminals with illegal guns and locking them up instead of slapping them in the hand and giving the guns back to them.


Because after the fact arrests do not bring the children back. Until law abiding citizens register their guns and we can isolate criminals.......there are 300 million guns in America and the criminals have ample access to the same where we have no audit trail, no comprehensive registration, no background checks, and use index cards for the same. Technology could bring a comprehensive solution where a person in a car without a foid card, chipped gun, and proper carrying case and did not have a valid transport permit would get a minimum three day sentence. I asked my wife how piszed she would be if I left one of the shotguns in the trunk and she got stopped and was put in jail for three days even though she had nothing to do with the guns.....she would be piszed, but she did say she would never transport a gun without a permit again. The best part is the gangbanger who has just stole a non chipped legacy gun from a home burglary is going to face mandatory jail sentence for simple transporting a gun without a permit. How can we expect criminals to conform with the law when so called law abiding citizens are driving around with guns in their vehicles........it is as simple as getting a UBER on a smart phone app to transport a weapon, and the criminal who transports a gun faces a real risk.

View user profile
Seagoat would prefer that guns are so prohibitively expensive and hard to qualify for that only the wealthy and his police state can obtain them. It's a good gig if you can get it... just ask Maduro or Stalin or mao or Hitler or castro... or any other despot over the last few centuries. Good work comrades.

Rolling Eyes

View user profile

View user profile

View user profile

View user profile
Jake92 wrote:Why not do something new and arrest the criminals with illegal guns and locking them up instead of slapping them in the hand and giving the guns back to them.  


Give us an example or two of what you mean. Who are the "criminals?" And what is an "illegal" gun?

View user profile
Wordslinger wrote:
Jake92 wrote:Why not do something new and arrest the criminals with illegal guns and locking them up instead of slapping them in the hand and giving the guns back to them.  


Give us an example or two of what you mean.  Who are the "criminals?" And what is an "illegal" gun?

Very easy, the criminals are the ones that can not buy a gun legally due to being under the legal age or have felony convictions and can't buy one legally, but buy one on the streets or steal one. Many people convicted of felonies buy or steal guns on the streets, OR take daddies gun from the house, car, or truck. For this conversation, I'm just considering any gun in a criminals possession as an illegal gun because they are not allowed to have it in their possession.

View user profile
Jake92 wrote:
Very easy, the criminals are the ones that can not buy a gun legally due to being under the legal age or have felony convictions and can't buy one legally, but buy one on the streets or steal one.  Many people convicted of felonies buy or steal guns on the streets, OR take daddies gun from the house, car, or truck.  For this conversation, I'm just considering any gun in a criminals possession as an illegal gun because they are not allowed to have it in their possession.  

This is horseshit, naturally. All anyone, regardless of their criminal record, has to do to buy a gun is go to a gun show. DUH!

View user profile
It is pretty expensive to put a truck on the public roads. Higher tag fees, annual inspections, and higher insurance. I can get my tags online, pay my fees, and it takes less than a half hour to inspect my dump truck to get my safety sticker for the year. Yet, to get your guns registered, chipped, and acquiring a proper carry case is just too much work to transport a firearm, when an online phone app could issue the same in less than three minutes. All the silly arguments fall to the wayside when somebody argues we need to ban or take away certain weapons. We do not if they are stored and never move from a person's home. However, if you want to transport a shotgun for hunting, no problem, just use the phone app and go. If it is a military weapon as defined by congress, a special permit will be needed to transport to somewhere other than another home. More people are now dying from guns in America than die from accidents on our highways. It is ok to seek certain information and registration for a truck which is on our public roads because of increased risk from larger trucks, but we cannot have transport permits for guns on public roads.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:It is pretty expensive to put a truck on the public roads.  Higher tag fees, annual inspections, and higher insurance.  I can get my tags online, pay my fees, and it takes less than a half hour to inspect my dump truck to get my safety sticker for the year.  Yet, to get your guns registered, chipped, and acquiring a proper carry case is just too much work to transport a firearm, when an online phone app could issue the same in less than three minutes.  All the silly arguments fall to the wayside when somebody argues we need to ban or take away certain weapons.  We do not if they are stored and never move from a person's home.  However, if you want to transport a shotgun for hunting, no problem, just use the phone app and go.  If it is a military weapon as defined by congress, a special permit will be needed to transport to somewhere other than another home.  More people are now dying from guns in America than die from accidents on our highways.  It is ok to seek certain information and registration for a truck which is on our public roads because of increased risk from larger trucks, but we cannot have transport permits for guns on public roads.

And how do you get your new pistol or assault rifle home from the gun show?

View user profile
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-dixon-school-shooting-20180516-story.html

A school  resource police officer is being lauded as a hero for intervening when a former student at Dixon High School opened fire Wednesday morning near the school gym where students were gathered for a graduation rehearsal, authorities said.

The officer, identified by the city as 15-year department veteran Mark Dallas, shot and injured the gunman after the suspect fired at the officer while trying to flee, police said.

The suspect, identified as 19-year-old former student Matthew A. Milby, was taken into custody, and no one else was injured in the gunfire exchange, authorities said.

Late Wednesday, officials confirmed that they have charged Milby with felony aggravated discharge of a weapon and set his bond at $2 million. Illinois State Police said the investigation continues and more charges could be forthcoming.

Officials with the city, which is about 100 miles west of Chicago, said the suspect was being treated at a hospital for injuries that were not considered life-threatening and was under 24-hour police watch.

Authorities said the incident began about 8 a.m. when the suspect “fired several shots” near the gym. Dallas, who has worked as a school resource officer at Dixon High for five years, rushed to the area. He confronted the suspect, who then fled but, with the officer in pursuit, fired several shots at Dallas but did not strike him, police Chief Steven Howell said.

The officer returned fire and struck the suspect, who was then taken into custody just west of the school, Howell said.

Howell and other officials praised the officer for saving lives.

"From the angle I’m looking at right now, a lot of things went right today when a great many of them could have (gone) wrong,” Dixon Mayor Liandro Arellano Jr. said. “Things could have gone much worse.”

“He saved an enormous amount of lives,” said Lee County Sheriff John Simonton.

In a statement, Gov. Bruce Rauner credited “school resource officer Mark Dallas for his bravery and quick action.”

Dallas has 24 years of law enforcement experience, 15 with Dixon, officials said, requesting that media outlets “give privacy and time to Officer Dallas and his family as we work through this traumatic incident.”

According to WGN-Ch. 9, a woman who identified herself as the gunman’s mother told reporters, “My son has been very, very sad for a long time.”

She said her son was bullied and ostracized at school, and was beaten up in October. She said she doesn’t know where her son got a gun, according to WGN.

On Wednesday evening, outside the woman’s home less than a mile from the school, Illinois State Troopers were seen removing several evidence bags and what appeared to be computer equipment. The woman chatted calmly with officers and Lee County deputies during the search of the home, a white residence on a corner lot with a detached garage and a small swing set and slide in the yard.

Earlier Wednesday, Dixon High senior Devin Scott, 18, said he was in the gym with about 150 others students at 8 a.m. when he heard what sounded like firecrackers. Gym teacher Andrew McKay came running into the gym and shouted that everyone should get out, Scott said.

“We all got up, and everyone started running toward the doors,” Scott said. “Some people didn’t take it seriously. They thought it was firecrackers. Some people did. They started crying as they were running.”

The students ran out of the building and went to a National Guard armory a short distance from the gymnasium. They didn’t know whether the shooting was real until other students started pouring into the armory.

Scott said the experience didn’t begin to sink in until his adrenaline began to wear off.

“I almost started crying,” he said. “It was scary. My life could have ended.”

He and his brother, Skylar, 16, a junior, credited Officer Dallas and their teacher, McKay, for preventing what could have been a horrible tragedy.

" I feel like he (Dallas) is a hero. I feel like Mr. McKay is a hero,” Devin Scott said.

Russ Shuck, 65, owner of Russ’ Automotive Service & Towing, said he began to notice something was amiss when students started pouring out from between the houses that separate him from the high school.

“I was sitting here in the office with a couple of other guys drinking Pepsi and shooting the bull,” he said. “We were wondering what was going on. Then we heard the sirens.”

Shuck expressed surprise that a school shooting could happen in a town like Dixon.

“It’s just kinda of shocking that it happened in Dixon,” he said. “Never thought I’d see it around here.”

Authorities said students did exactly as they were trained to do in such situations. Officials said they were pleased to discover that students had barricaded themselves into classrooms by blocking doorways with chairs, desks and other furniture.

Police have not said why the former student came to the school.

Police said they believe the gunman acted alone and that there was no further threat to anyone in the area. Howell declined to discuss why the former student brought a gun to the school.

According to the city of Dixon website, the school resource officer position was started by the Dixon Police Department in 2000 to help prevent school violence.

Officials said all schools in Dixon were placed on lockdown in the immediate aftermath of the shooting. The other schools reopened after officials determined the gunman acted alone.

The Associated Press and Chicago Tribune’s Terrence Antonio James contributed.

View user profile
Tribute to Bob

View user profile
The High School is having major renovations. It is surrounded by scaffolding. This is the High School that Ronald Reagan attended. It was a blue collar town with multiple factories, but since the 70s jobs were tough. It has now had a rebirth as the next town over is drawing international companies and factories, and Dixon is starting to see warehouse discussion.

I did not hear about this until I had breakfast at 7 am. I was told by the cashier at Ace Hardware they know the family, and the mother, and she implied the kid had issues. Dixon High is a regional high school which pulls a lot of farm families. There are a lot of kids in town however, that do not have resources, and are targeted in the fifth and sixth grade to be disposed of through suspension and expulsion. This kid was expelled and the question in my mind was this kid had anger toward the school and the way he was treated. The long term solutions require discarding zero tolerance in schools and work with these kids and disposing of them like garbage. In regard to Heroes......the kid was running away when he was shot. The officer knew this kid well.

I know other Dixon kids as it is only two towns away from where we are who have been dumped in the garbage. My wife as a teacher and her brother as a retired superintendant of schools do not have a high opinion how the Dixon Administration deals with troubled kids, but after two failed referendums the voters told the kids to pound on sand.....there are consequences with continuing to defund education. In regard to guns.....these kids have NRA stickers on their cars.....this is not south Florida, but some folks may begin to see the insanity where regulations and safety take a back seat to lobbyist and the Russians who fund them. Chaos

View user profile
You have no right through your progressive neurosis to make the decisions for others to be sitting ducks.

I can appreciate your desire to be helpless... feel free. But don't project that upon others. If this was indeed a troubled kid with a history of violence or mental illness... then your precious gun free system failed again.



Last edited by PkrBum on Thu 17 May - 20:54; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
IMO the primary & ultimate responsibility for school security lies with local school boards.  

People in Texas might want to arm teachers, janitors, kids, etc with pistols, rifles, bazookas .... while those out on the left coast may prefer to try solutions like metal detectors, see-through backpacks, and safe-spaces.   And both are just fine as solutions so long as school boards take responsibility for the consequences of their decisions on physical security.

Why, for every social/crime/whatever problem that comes down the pike, do we feel like we have to look first and foremost to the Federal gubbmint for one-size fits all, silver bullet solutions?

As to physical security .... you don't see people being able to walk in the front door of corporate headquarters of places like Google, Goldman-Sachs, etc with a firearm and shooting the place up.  Why is that you think?   (cause they'd never get past the front door, that's why)

But ... it all cost money. Will people vote for property tax increases to enhance school security?

View user profile
EmeraldGhost wrote:
Why, for every social/crime/whatever problem that comes down the pike, do we feel like we have to look first and foremost to the Federal gubbmint for one-size fits all, silver bullet solutions?


View user profile
Deus X wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
Why, for every social/crime/whatever problem that comes down the pike, do we feel like we have to look first and foremost to the Federal gubbmint for one-size fits all, silver bullet solutions?





Who can blame them. Those woman are the blossoms of the South and everyone knows the big bad savage black man just can't keep it in his pants...oh wait!

View user profile
https://www.thedailybeast.com/shots-fired-at-trump-golf-resort-near-miami-3

A man who opened fire while “yelling and spewing information about President Trump” in the lobby of Trump National Doral Golf Club near Miami was shot and wounded by police overnight. Miami-Dade Police said the suspect was waving an American flag during the incident, which happened at around 1:30 a.m. at the resort. In a statement on Twitter, police said they “responded to a shooting where a subject opened fire in the lobby of the @TrumpDoral. Officers exchanged gun fire, striking the subject. Thankfully, there were no shooting victims. An officer suffered a broken wrist.” Officers aren’t ruling out the possibility of terrorism.

View user profile
Telstar wrote:


Who can blame them. Those woman are the blossoms of the South and everyone knows the big bad savage black man just can't keep it in his pants...oh wait!



Equal/civil rights are Constitutional issues.  "Physical security" in locally/State funded and operated public schools is not.

  Wiki:  False Equivalence

To put it in the common parlance .... it's "apples and oranges," 'Telly'   ......  but being the smart fellow you are, I rather suspect you actually already  know that.   What the hell does the civil rights movement have to do with physical security in State operated public schools?   As a typical leftist though you just can't help yourself but to drag "race" into any/every discussion as some kind of conversation-ender and/or virture-signal so you can "win."   You're really not too unlike our Dear Orange Leader in that respect when you do that .... except he goes about it 180 degrees opposite ... singing a different hymn to a different choir.

View user profile
EmeraldGhost wrote:
Telstar wrote:


Who can blame them. Those woman are the blossoms of the South and everyone knows the big bad savage black man just can't keep it in his pants...oh wait!



Equal/civil rights are Constitutional issues.  "Physical security" in locally/State funded and operated public schools is not.

  Wiki:  False Equivalence

To put it in the common parlance .... it's "apples and oranges," 'Telly'   ......  but being the smart fellow you are, I rather suspect you actually already  know that.   What the hell does the civil rights movement have to do with physical security in State operated public schools?   As a typical leftist though you just can't help yourself but to drag "race" into any/every discussion as some kind of conversation-ender and/or virture-signal so you can "win."   You're really not too unlike our Dear Orange Leader in that respect when you do that .... except he goes about it 180 degrees opposite ... singing a different hymn to a different choir.




That's not what Pat told me Lurch.

View user profile
You have no right through your progressive neurosis to make the decisions for others to be sitting ducks.


Yes I do. Pragmatic and rational thought give me that right. random and scattered thoughts and concepts by foolish people do not have to endured by the majority of Americans. It is that simple.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:You have no right through your progressive neurosis to make the decisions for others to be sitting ducks.


Yes I do.  Pragmatic and rational thought give me that right.  random and scattered thoughts and concepts by foolish people do not have to endured by the majority of Americans.  It is that simple.

It's simple alright.

Stop leaving our children to the mercy of idiotic progressive ideas and bureaucratic incompetence.

You're part of the problem... not the solution.

View user profile
Tribute to a Bob.


View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum