This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The failure of law enforcement in a police state

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Children were dying as almost five officer sat outside and did nothing. It took some brave officers to engage those officers to enter the building, but even then they did not enter until the sheriff's officers entered. If you think by adding more police we protect the public, it is an inherent flaw in logic. More Barneys protect nobody. Again, government employees sucking at the teat of taxpayers to have these sweet gigs which produce nothing, and when called to action they repeatedly fail, as politicians say thoughts and prayers and a big thank you to the first responders. Columbine had armed officers on site when the shooting started who did not engage the shooters.

The NRA is a political organization which has little to do with gun safety, rather their goal is to instill fear in America that the solution is armed guards and more guns. The NRA I grew up actively participated in youth gun safety and shooting competitions which reinforced the need for citizens to know how to handle a gun. Yet, as these officer coward outside the killing zone and were congratulated by the President, the reality is quite different. This idea that once you are in the military or a law enforcement officer you are sprinkled with courage which requires our respect. 1% of all military ever participated in combat. I know police officers who finished their career without ever drawing their weapon. I know officers who have killed citizens and suffered emotionally for killing another human being, and my best man's father was gunned down in a tavern robbery where he was walking his beat.

It is like the NRA and the militarization of America and the police state have been sprinkled with fairy dust of courage. NO The government rarely saves citizens, but citizens helping other citizens has always been the truth.

View user profile
Now it is reported that four deputies total stood behind their squads with guns drawn and did not go in to get the shooter. It was not until Coral Springs police arrived that only two of the deputies who were hiding behind their squads still hid behind their squads. This illusion that our police actually protect citizens is repeatedly proven to be the biggest fallacy in America. Five of them beating an unarmed man because of the color of their skin has replaced the model of courage and duty.

I get attacked regularly for my pleas to drastically reduce the numbers in our police and military. Like some kind of groupthink our legislators who are spineless pour money into the military and police under this fantasy that it is nothing more than police state welfare. I have seen repeated incidents of police cowardice since I was a child. I have seen repeated example of courage from ordinary citizens as LEO stood around. I always remember Lenny in the famous plane crash in the Potomac where fifty first responders stood around as a private citizen jumped into the icy water to save a woman. There are brave individuals and there are cowards and putting a uniform on does not change the character of that person.

The idea of more of these characters being at school simply disgusts me. Where is Andy? We are surrounded by barnies and common sense has simply left the building.....more guns.....more false macho......more bullies......and more dead kids. Our legislators are simple cowards as the President immediately like he had cliff notes gave praise to first responders who coward outside as children were being murdered. I totally respect those in law enforcement who are disgusted by these cowards, but the truth is the biggest lie in America is bigger police forces and bigger military make us safer. It does not. It only guarantees we are 20 trillion in debt, and children are being murdered as they watch.

View user profile
You can't continuously cede command and control via govt solutions and then whine about abuse.

It makes no sense.

View user profile
It makes no sense.

That was the only thing in your post which did make sense.

View user profile
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/parkland-school-shooting-authorities-investigate-deputies-who-stayed-outside/ar-BBJAnoh?li=BBnb7Kz

get a broom and sweep it under the rug like every other mass shooting where LEO failed. The idea of armed guards reversing this trend is absurd. There are other solutions which are not insane, because the definition of insane is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I am so sick and tired of thoughts and prayers, and this syrupy elevation of law enforcement and military as heroes. I knew heroes who landed on Iwo Jima. They were 18 year old kids who saw in one campaign more dead Americans than the last twenty years of colonial war in the middle east. They immediately after the horror rarely talked about it. They did not want parades or false elevation to heroism......they wanted to become ordinary citizens who would raise a family and find some sanity away from the horrors of wwII. Yet, Ike warned us what was going to happen. We are creating a military coup in this country guns in schools, the tail wagging the dog in congress, and traitors using our military, wealth, and blood to accomplish their goals of profit. Shame.

View user profile
The word "hero" has been devalued until it's meaning is almost nill. It used to mean someone who performed an act of selfless courage. Now it means anyone who puts on a uniform.

View user profile
We commend you for your service.

View user profile
Now it means anyone who puts on a uniform.

nailed it.......like just part of the benefit package for government teat suckers. None of us know if we will run or stand in any situation. By the time I was a senior in high school, folks kinda knew who the runners were and who stood their ground. Sadly, those becoming government employees do not have fairy dust sprinkled on them which makes them heroes, and this idea that just because you wear a uniform you are a hero, diminishes all who sacrifice and display courage in the face of danger.

View user profile
Deus X wrote:The word "hero" has been devalued until it's meaning is almost nill. It used to mean someone who performed an act of selfless courage. Now it means anyone who puts on a uniform.

Cadet Bone Spur during Vietnam

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum