This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nikolas Cruz: "I am the NRA!"

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Nikolas Cruz: "I am the NRA!" on 2/18/2018, 9:07 am

It turns out the school killer at Parkland was a member of the school's rifle team, which received grant money from the NRA. The NRA is Cruz's sponsor!!

Why am I not surprised?

View user profile

2 Re: Nikolas Cruz: "I am the NRA!" on 2/18/2018, 10:16 am

I was a target shooter since I was five years old. I shot with my family on Sunday afternoons. I was in boy scout shooting competition sponsored by the NRA and still have medals from competition as a kid. I shot every Saturday morning at our YMCA after swimming and playing basketball. Not one of my friends or myself ever shot a gun at a human being. The NRA in my youth was about gun safety, hunting, and sportmanship. It was a positive organization which everybody in the country supported.

In the early eighties it became a shill for gun manufacturers and became political. As an organization, they peddled fear and the idea that men had to have a gun to protect their family. Our gun case had over fifteen guns stored in it locked up. My father was not a scardy cat with a loaded gun on his person or in the house. If he had to unlock the gun case and load a gun because of a threat, he could have done the same, but we were NEVER that frightened. The onus is really on the wussification of America where small men need guns, and people live in irrational fear. Punk gangbangers and the drug war which fuels their criminality has just added fuel to the rush to gun up. When will Americans stand courageous and strong without such irrational fear. The NRA is no longer an honorable organization, but profit on the 90 people a day who die from gun violence. It is time to vote every member of Congress out of office who bend a knee to the NRA.

View user profile

3 Re: Nikolas Cruz: "I am the NRA!" on 2/18/2018, 11:24 am

View user profile

4 Re: Nikolas Cruz: "I am the NRA!" on 2/18/2018, 7:35 pm

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

56 million defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control:

View user profile

5 Re: Nikolas Cruz: "I am the NRA!" on 2/18/2018, 10:43 pm

View user profile

6 Re: Nikolas Cruz: "I am the NRA!" on 2/18/2018, 11:23 pm

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Your logic is so flawed that it is comical, or you have no idea about the actual facts when you copy and paste. Armenians armed would NOT have changed a thing. It was Genocide.

View user profile

7 Re: Nikolas Cruz: "I am the NRA!" on 2/18/2018, 11:50 pm

The idea that Americans having military weapons to stop the American government from killing them is comical. This type of Rambo fantasy has to stop. You fire weapons at leo or our armed forces and you will be crushed with or without your military weapons. This Walter Mitty fantasy world which feeds the NRA logic is fatally flawed.

View user profile

8 Re: Nikolas Cruz: "I am the NRA!" on 2/19/2018, 1:12 am

2seaoat wrote:The idea that Americans having military weapons to stop the American government from killing them is comical.  This type of Rambo fantasy has to stop.  You fire weapons at leo or our armed forces and you will be crushed with or without your military weapons.  This Walter Mitty fantasy world which feeds the NRA logic is fatally flawed.

And that's putting it nicely. What it demonstrates is the utter stupidity and boundless ignorance rampant in this nation -- and that's what will take us down, not the U.S. government.

View user profile

9 Re: Nikolas Cruz: "I am the NRA!" on 2/19/2018, 12:35 pm

PkrBum wrote: In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.  

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

56 million defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control:

We've already got a crazy dictator and our democracy is terminally ill.  Fuck assault rifles and all the republicans who sold their souls to NRA lobbyists. AS for having the right to defend yourself against your own government -- they've got tanks and planes and rockets.  You've got an AR15?   Your answer to school shootings is to arm teachers?  And the real facts that where most guns are in society, the most gun deaths occur doesn't affect your thinking ...but then again, you've always shown you were deeply challenged in that area. LOL!

View user profile

10 Re: Nikolas Cruz: "I am the NRA!" on 2/19/2018, 12:37 pm

The NRA started as a good thing. Then it became corrupt. Now, it's pretty much a terrorist organization. Compare their videos to things put out by ISIS.

As for the gun control chicken-little bullshit... gun control doesn't mean nobody can have any guns at all. I know of very few people who are even proposing that. But if I say you can't have a Panzer it doesn't mean you can't have a Volkswagen. Idiots always jump the the most extreme scenario whenever anyone proposes limiting anything.

If your AR-15s were a real threat to the government, the government would never have made them legal in the first place. The NRA is in league with the government at this point, and that wouldn't be happening if your home arsenal was any real threat to their power. That's some bullshit fantasy concocted by people who've watched too many Red Dawn movies and never been in a real fight in their lives. They all think they're Bruce F. Willis and they're going to save America with their rifle, and that's pitiful. As I've said before, the government has drones and daisycutters and tanks and sonic weapons and thousands and thousands of dudes with better weapons and training than you and gas and everything up to and including nuclear weapons. You aren't going to stop the government if the government decides you're a problem. The giant is letting you keep a butterknife because it amuses him to do so.

If you disagree, talk it over with David Koresh or Tim McVeigh or the people at Ruby Ridge. You'll need an Ouija board if you want to do that, by the way.

The NRA doesn't really give a damn if citizens kill each other, because the solution they always propose for that is "arm more citizens!" Whatever sells more guns, they're for it... so if a mass shooting causes another thousand people to start buying guns out of fear, that's an acceptable loss to their profit margin, by their way of thinking.

What these kids need to do is exactly what it looks like they're doing -- trying to build up a group that can oppose the NRA. If they can make it big and powerful enough, they'll have something. It'll still be hard to fight a group with that much money, though.

Meanwhile, gun owners need to stop supporting the NRA. I own guns, but that organization can go fuck itself.

View user profile

11 Re: Nikolas Cruz: "I am the NRA!" on 2/19/2018, 1:02 pm

This rubbish is just some slimy email...hence, no link.

Drudge Got His Hitler Gun-Control Idea from Forwarded Emails

The Drudge Report seemed to reach a new level of gun-confiscation hysteria Tuesday afternoon when it used photos of Adolph Hitler and Joseph Stalin to illustrate a headline about "executive orders." But the controversial display wasn't actually new at all.

The Drudge Report seemed to reach a new level of gun-confiscation hysteria Tuesday afternoon when it used photos of Adolph Hitler and Joseph Stalin to illustrate the headline, "WHITE HOUSE THREATENS 'EXECUTIVE ORDERS' ON GUNS," linking to a story about Joe Biden's brief statement about his gun-proposal committee. But the controversial illustration wasn't new at all. With the dramatic photo choice above at left, the Drudge Report appeared to be referencing a popular forwarded email — which Republican congressional candidate Joe the Plumber plagiarized in a campaign ad in 2012 — that claims history proves a tyrant's first step is gun control. The email first began circulating after Australia passed sweeping gun legislation in the 1990s — the government actually bought back guns! — and has been floating around American websites for years. In fact, their illustrations (pictured above at right, and below) put Drudge's to shame.

Here's how one version of the forwarded email starts:

A little history about countries implementing gun control and what took place as a result of gun confiscation.

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated...

You could read through all that boring text, or you could just look at this nifty photo illustration. I can't tell who created it, because it's been copied and reproduced on a ton of websites. This one was posted, with the forward, on a site dedicated to "RESISTING THE NEW WORLD ORDER."

Northstar Report posts this version, which has more of a compare-and-contrast theme:

Personally, I prefer the GIF:

Of course, this is all an illustration of Godwin's Law: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1." ("Hitler ate sugar," a Daria character said.) But if Drudge's image choice was shocking, it's another example of the phenomenon of the very right wing talking to itself and no one else. Many of the lines uttered by Wayne LaPierre at his National Rifle Association press event in December were taken as new and shocking, they'd actually been around so long they were memes on Facebook.

Despite the Australian law that birthed this now classic forward, tyrants did not emerge in Oz. Forwarders can breathe a sigh of relief, though. Obama is not likely to propose a national gun buy-back program like Australia's.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/01/drudge-hitler-stalin-guns/319695/

View user profile

12 Re: Nikolas Cruz: "I am the NRA!" on 2/19/2018, 1:08 pm

zsomething wrote:
The NRA doesn't really give a damn if citizens kill each other, because the solution they always propose for that is "arm more citizens!"  

Limbaugh: ‘We need concealed carry’ in schools

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh called for concealed carry in U.S. schools on Sunday in response to the deadly shooting at a Florida high school that killed 17 and injured several others.

“The solution is we need concealed carry in these schools,” Limbaugh said during an interview on “Fox News Sunday.” “If we’re not going to take action, we better have mechanisms in these schools to stop it when it breaks out.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/18/limbaugh-guns-schools-concealed-carry-416864

Yikes!

We're in Dr. Strangelove territory here. Where's Terry Southern when you need him.

View user profile

13 Re: Nikolas Cruz: "I am the NRA!" on 2/19/2018, 2:30 pm

Deus X wrote:
zsomething wrote:
The NRA doesn't really give a damn if citizens kill each other, because the solution they always propose for that is "arm more citizens!"  

Limbaugh: ‘We need concealed carry’ in schools

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh called for concealed carry in U.S. schools on Sunday in response to the deadly shooting at a Florida high school that killed 17 and injured several others.

“The solution is we need concealed carry in these schools,” Limbaugh said during an interview on “Fox News Sunday.” “If we’re not going to take action, we better have mechanisms in these schools to stop it when it breaks out.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/18/limbaugh-guns-schools-concealed-carry-416864

Yikes!

We're in Dr. Strangelove territory here. Where's Terry Southern when you need him.

Fox Snews Pravda must be getting desperate when they put Slush Windbag on. I guess viewers can boycott Fox News Pravda sponsors like they did Windbag's sponsors. LOL most real conturds don't admit to viewing Fox Snews Pravda these days and Windbag is shit since it came out he's into drugs and vacationing in countries that encourage fudge packing little boys.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum