Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Some ideas about increasing school security

+3
Deus X
PkrBum
Wordslinger
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Every school, from K thru 12 should have full coverage exterior and interior video cameras that run from two hours before the school opens until two hours after. A security room inside the school should contain the monitoring screens which are watched by a minimum of two full time security personnel. All entries to the school should contain the same magnetic sensing equipment used when you enter a courthouse, with an armed, full time security guard on station. There should be no way a student or anyone should be allowed to get access to the school with anything like a firearm.

Yes it will cost a few bucks for each school -- what are children's lives worth? We need to recognize that without dramatically increased security measure, school shooting massacres will continue.

For funding, we should consider drawing the necessary fund from the national military budget. Protecting our children should have priority over ALL foreign military operations.

The reality is, neither agents of Kim Jong Un, or Iran have killed a single American student K-12.

Lastly, the NRA logo should become a badge of shame!

I welcome your comments or feedback.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Those are pretty good ideas. I'm so pissed that the fbi has blown it in a few of these.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote: Those are pretty good ideas. I'm so pissed that the fbi has blown it in a few of these.

Thank you. Protecting school kids really isn't a partisan issue.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote: Those are pretty good ideas. I'm so pissed that the fbi has blown it in a few of these.

Thank you.  Protecting school kids really isn't a partisan issue.

I went to a public hs inner city Houston. I remember an armed officer in the school and another patrolling the parking lots. They were very friendly and not threatening at all. This latest asshole listed his occupation on social media as "school shooter". Wtf else do fbi Barney's need? If they didn't present to a judge then it's just another case of bureaucratic incompetence. Sickening.

Deus X

Deus X

Some ideas about increasing school security Eabuztn

Sal

Sal

Your "solution" is tacit acceptance of the NRA's specious myth that the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Lunatics bent on committing these sorts of atrocities choose schools because they are soft targets

Hardening schools as you suggest won't stop the carnage ... the killers will just move onto the next soft target ... shopping malls, theaters, markets, etc.

Should we just completely capitulate to the NRA and militarize every social gathering of innocents?

The real problem is that we've been sold a bill of goods stating that every citizen's right to own any number of any type of killing machine imaginable trumps the rights of their fellow citizens to be safe in public.

Where is our breaking point for this suicidal impulse?

Is there one?

I don't even know at this point.

We are one seriously fucked up society.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Sal wrote:Your "solution" is tacit acceptance of the NRA's specious myth that the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Lunatics bent on committing these sorts of atrocities choose schools because they are soft targets

Hardening schools as you suggest won't stop the carnage ... the killers will just move onto the next soft target ... shopping malls, theaters, markets, etc.

Should we just completely capitulate to the NRA and militarize every social gathering of innocents?

The real problem is that we've been sold a bill of goods stating that every citizen's right to own any number of any type of killing machine imaginable trumps the rights of their fellow citizens to be safe in public.

Where is our breaking point for this suicidal impulse?

Is there one?

I don't even know at this point.

Sal, I agree with most of what you state here. In regards to my ideas on making schools a "hard target," it's quite alright to me if my ideas are adopted and kids' lives are saved. And I have every reason to believe that attacks on major retail businesses -- like malls -- will cause a much more effective response from republicans. My purpose here centers on reducing or eliminating school massacres.

2seaoat

I also think that the FBI is NOT the first line of defense. State and local police must be that first line. However, there has to be a better method of lighting up an alert at all levels when a person is off the rails. I do not want to simplify this, but military weapons need to be tightly regulated and restricted use is a necessity. Schools now have pretty good protocols, but any person could slip a handgun into a school and kill a lot of people, so I am not naive enough to believe restrictions on military weapons will stop killings, but certainly it will make it more difficult on shooters. It is so sad to see more innocent children caught up in our politics.

Deus X

Deus X

Sal wrote:

Amen to that!

polecat

polecat

Teenagers who were almost murdered four days ago are leading the nation on gun control. The head of Trump’s EPA is afraid to fly coach. - Sam Adams

Teachers are heroes but I've seen them try to work an overhead projector and I don't believe they should have guns.- Ken Jennings

Some ideas about increasing school security Dwrhwt10

Telstar

Telstar

polecat wrote:Teenagers who were almost murdered four days ago are leading the nation on gun control. The head of Trump’s EPA is afraid to fly coach. - Sam Adams

Teachers are heroes but I've seen them try to work an overhead projector and I don't believe they should have guns.- Ken Jennings

Some ideas about increasing school security Dwrhwt10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum