This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maybe there is a God after all...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Maybe there is a God after all... on 1/31/2018, 1:29 pm

A train carrying Republican lawmakers to their retreat in West Virginia collided with what appeared to be a garbage truck on Wednesday.

President Trump is scheduled to travel to West Virginia on Air Force One for the retreat Thursday.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/01/31/train-carrying-gop-lawmakers-collides-truck-injuries-appear-limited/1082815001/

View user profile
Trump going to the Greenbriar, Golf resort, to get some work done this weekend unless its overrun by MS 13. There is a very large bunker there.

View user profile
Now the R party is officially a train wreck.

Problems always become more urgent when lawmakers are effected directly. Remember when they voted to lift some kind of airport shutdown a few years ago when it interfered with some of them going home for a break?

Our train transportation system is sub-par to say the least. Maybe this wreck will spotlight the need to invest in train safety but I doubt it. The only thing R's seem to be in favor of is making money.  

View user profile
Close but no cigar.

View user profile
I hope no one was seriously injured in this giant metaphor.

View user profile
zsomething wrote:I hope no one was seriously injured in this giant metaphor.

None of the Republicans were seriously injured but the truck driver died. Perfect.

View user profile
Deus X wrote:

None of the Republicans were seriously injured but the truck driver died. Perfect.

That sucks. Even if it does add to the metaphor (Republicans kill off the blue collar worker).

View user profile
....The members of Congress who have medical training helped treat the injured, according to Sen. Bill Cassidy, a Republican from Louisiana.

Cassidy, who was dozing on the train when he heard a loud sound and felt a bump before the train slid to a stop, worked his way through the cars and finally found an open door.

Outside, he found several of his colleagues who are also physicians, including Texas Rep. Mike Burgess and Ohio Rep. Brad Wenstrup, treating the injured.

Wenstrup said the man he assisted was bleeding from his nose and around his mouth. Cassidy elevated the man's legs, and Burgess pitched in.

Soon after, the lawmakers and others carried the man across the train tracks to an ambulance.   ....  

Well, good on them!
(can't help but wonder what Chuck & Nance woulda done?)

View user profile

9 Re: Maybe there is a God after all... on 1/31/2018, 10:23 pm

Add this to the giant metaphor...

This is a link to the video of NBC Nightly News today. About two minutes in there is an aerial shot of the crash scene showing the body of the garbage truck on its side. The name reads (I'm not making this up)
TIME.
Check it out!

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/GOP-Members-of-Congress-Retreat-Train-Collision-471966623.html

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum