This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

You know you are getting old when.....

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

You do not even bother to read the fortune cookies anymore because you cannot see. Golden Dragon about two miles east of the Navarre has really good chinese and we were not disappointed tonight. Have not left the house all day.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:You do not even bother to read the fortune cookies anymore because you cannot see.   Golden Dragon about two miles east of the Navarre has really good chinese and we were not disappointed tonight.  Have not left the house all day.




Probably written by some 400 lbs Chinese guy sitting on his bed. lol!

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:You do not even bother to read the fortune cookies anymore because you cannot see.   Golden Dragon about two miles east of the Navarre has really good chinese and we were not disappointed tonight.  Have not left the house all day.


Chinese is off my list of food. I miss it.

View user profile
Joanimaroni wrote:Chinese is off my list of food. I miss it.

Joani, you are a trooper in my book for your adherence to such a restricted diet. Yes, I understand you have no choice, but there'd likely be others who'd cheat somehow. I might be one of them.

That said, Chinese is temporarily off our dining list because the only place we eat it is Chow Thyme, and I avoid buffets during high flu season like...well, like the plague.

View user profile
Telstar wrote:
Probably written by some 400 lbs Chinese guy sitting on his bed. lol!

Where have I heard THAT before? lol!

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Probably written by some 400 lbs Chinese guy sitting on his bed. lol!

Where have I heard THAT before?     lol!




Pearls from a swine. Laughing

View user profile
The last few fortune cookies I've gotten have been insane, anyway. I recently got one that read:

"Do what is right, not what you should."

I'm still trying to figure out what they meant by that one. What is right and what you should do are the exact same things, no? If it said "Do what is right, not what you want," now, there'd be some wisdom. But this is like, "Choose the circular thing, not the round one."

View user profile
zsomething wrote:The last few fortune cookies I've gotten have been insane, anyway.  I recently got one that read:

"Do what is right, not what you should."

I'm still trying to figure out what they meant by that one.  What is right and what you should do are the exact same things, no?  If it said "Do what is right, not what you want," now, there'd be some wisdom.  But this is like, "Choose the circular thing, not the round one."  



About 40 years ago I opened a cookie that read beware of heavy objects falling on your head tonight. I was a bit worried because I had tickets to a wrestling match. No steel chairs came anywhere near my head that night although they have on many other occasions.

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Chinese is off my list of food. I miss it.

Joani, you are a trooper in my book for your adherence to such a restricted diet.  Yes, I understand you have no choice, but there'd likely be others who'd cheat somehow.  I might be one of them.

That said, Chinese is temporarily off our dining list because the only place we eat it is Chow Thyme, and I avoid buffets during high flu season like...well, like the plague.  

Definitely avoid the buffet..
No way to cheat on theses restrictions....I know even if it is a crumb from cross contamination.

View user profile
Joanimaroni wrote:I know even if it is a crumb from cross contamination.  

What happens?

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:I know even if it is a crumb from cross contamination.  

What happens?

I have Celiac disease....severe stomach pain.

View user profile
Joanimaroni wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:I know even if it is a crumb from cross contamination.  

What happens?

I have Celiac disease....severe stomach pain.

Didn't realize a crumb could cause such havoc in Celiac. Ouch. Must be very difficult to live with.

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:I know even if it is a crumb from cross contamination.  

What happens?

I have Celiac disease....severe stomach pain.

Didn't realize a crumb could cause such havoc in Celiac.  Ouch. Must be very difficult to live with.


It will last for 5-7 days. Now that I have been off all gluten.... accidental contamination is really bad. My sister made white chili. She said it was gluten free. It was delicious. When she said she use a packet of chili mix, I cringed No and stopped eating.

My sister had no idea it contained wheat. It's a learning process and necessary to question all prepared food.

View user profile
I am sorry to hear that wheat is off your diet. That is a tough one. We ate at Scooters on 87 and we were pleasantly surprised. It is not a traditional sit down dinner with wait staff. You come in and they take your order and call you for pick up. We were pleasantly surprised that Amberjack was the fish of the day which we have loved for forty years. We have not been able to find great amberjack since the Seagull in Fort Walton burned down 25 years ago.

Once you get your order, there are ample picnic tables and the place was clean. Restrooms clean, not like the Whataburger in Pace. What is it with Pace? I told the story of finding a quart of glue in the handicap stall at the movie theater, and the whataburger was filthy and littered. Even the Panera Bread in Pace had a leak in the urinal and you had to stand in a pool of water when going to the restroom. It is across the board filthy in Pace public restrooms. The Mac in Pace is the only place I have found with clean bathrooms, or Lowes is not too bad.

Back to Scooters. The sides were all good, but the amberjack was superior and the whole thing was so much more reasonable than the same lunch at the Fish House. I can give a recommendation for Scooters, but do not expect a sit down dining experience, and there is not a lot of choice.....it is fish.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:I am sorry to hear that wheat is off your diet.  That is a tough one.  We ate at Scooters on 87 and we were pleasantly surprised.  It is not a traditional sit down dinner with wait staff.  You come in and they take your order and call you for pick up.   We were pleasantly surprised that Amberjack was the fish of the day which we have loved for forty years.  We have not been able to find great amberjack since the Seagull in Fort Walton burned down 25 years ago.  

Once you get your order, there are ample picnic tables and the place was clean.  Restrooms clean, not like the Whataburger in Pace.  What is it with Pace?  I told the story of finding a quart of glue in the handicap stall at the movie theater, and the whataburger was filthy and littered.  Even the Panera Bread in Pace had a leak in the urinal and you had to stand in a pool of water when going to the restroom.  It is across the board filthy in Pace public restrooms.  The Mac in Pace is the only place I have found with clean bathrooms, or Lowes is not too bad.

Back to Scooters.   The sides were all good, but the amberjack was superior and the whole thing was so much more reasonable than the same lunch at the Fish House.  I can give a recommendation for Scooters, but do not expect a sit down dining experience, and there is not a lot of choice.....it is fish.

I love Amberjack. We use to ride our motorcycles to the ?The Original Oyster Bar at the foot of the Brooks Bridge in FWB. Great blackened Amberjack.

I am not fond of Pace. However, we do enjoy Chet's.

View user profile
We took our neighbors out to Chet's last winter, but the old folks come in around four and we arrived at about eight, and they were out of almost everything on their menu. We are going to take the neighbors to Nicks in Pensacola on a monday probably in March. Bob turned me on to the coupons on Mondays......good deals, and we like the food.

The project is starting to shape up. I am exhausted and I am not doing much more than giving guidance from a plastic chair or holding something for my wife to finish. We needed to get a plumber, and they are all busy fixing broken pipes. We just shut off the water and will wait until late february and March to finish the project.

View user profile
Lol....we go to Chet's around 5 pm

View user profile
Did the KY lunch buffet this afternoon. Wow, people were lining up for this over at Navarre, and it was well attended with great chicken choices. I took the chicken I did not finish and fed the dog who hates riding in the car. I have really enjoyed spoiling her.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:Did the KY lunch buffet this afternoon.  Wow, people were lining up for this over at Navarre, and it was well attended with great chicken choices.  I took the chicken I did not finish and  fed the dog who hates riding in the car.  I have really enjoyed spoiling her.

How did you manage to take food home from a buffet? Usually verboten.
Bet the dog was delighted, tho.

We went to McGuire's Irish Pub tonight for my husband's birthday dinner - he had a craving for their wonderful, sinful Shepherd's Pie. It was as good as he remembered. We went hoping against hope there wouldn't be much of a wait for a table, since there are fewer people in town this time of year than just about any other. WRONG. Still had an hour's wait, mostly outside in the chill air -- but the food was worth it, if overabundant as usual. Brought a bunch home for another day.

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum