Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trey Gowdy steps down from House Ethics Committee, citing 'workload'

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Telstar

Telstar

Rep. Trey Gowdy stepped down from the House Ethics Committee this week after five years of serving on the panel.

The South Carolina Republican tendered his resignation in a letter to House Speaker Paul Ryan on Wednesday, the details of which were published in the Congressional Record on Thursday and reported by news outlets later in the week.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/13/politics/gowdy-steps-down-house-ethics/index.html

Trey Gowdy steps down from House Ethics Committee, citing 'workload' Trey_g10

Deus X

Deus X

Yeah, but he's still Chair of the House Oversight Committee.

And there's this from Twitter: "Having Trey Gowdy on an ethics committee is like having Rev. Jim Jones on a refreshments committee"

2seaoat

Too much work. Since 1969 Congress is in session 50% of the time. So Trey is working half as much as a Congressman in 1969. Trey.....I am a lawyer.....I am a prosecuter Gowdy, never really did a thing after all those hundreds of hours of propaganda hearings except help Trump get elected. When he is not starring in a gig of dueling banjos, he is being assigned to every committee because sadly he is smarter than most in his party......my party. Just one more dixiecrat who calls himself a Republican.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Chaffetz out last June, resigning shortly after being sworn in.
Issa resigning.
Hatch resigning.

John Feeley, US ambassador to Panama, just resigned.
Walter Shaub, Office of Government Ethics, resigned in July.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum