Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mother of Slain Benghazi SEAL Tells Willard to STFU

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Good for her.

BOSTON (WHDH) -- The attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya became a major issue on the campaign trail and the mother of a Navy Seal killed in the violence is voicing her anger that Mitt Romney is speaking about her son on the campaign trail.

“I met some remarkable people, one of whom was a former navy seal. I just learned a few days ago that he was one of the two former navy seals killed in Benghazi. It broke my heart,” Romney said to a crowd on the campaign trail.

Glen Doherty was one of four Americans killed in the September 11 attack on the U.S. consulate.

Romney met Doherty at a Christmas party.

7News spoke with Doherty’s mother.

"I don't trust Romney. He shouldn't make my son's death part of his political agenda. It's wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama,” said Barbara Doherty, Glen’s mother.

There was no response from the Romney camp.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/boston/12008755850115/mother-of-navy-seal-killed-in-libya-speaks-out/#ixzz28vH7nIBH

Sal

Sal

Sounds like Willard made quite an impression at that party ...

But one of Glen Doherty's best friends remembered Doherty's impression of this meeting much differently.

According to Ellefsen, Romney introduced himself to Doherty four separate times during the gathering.

"He said it was very comical," Ellefsen said, "Mitt Romney approached him ultimately four times, using this private gathering as a political venture to further his image. He kept introducing himself as Mitt Romney, a political figure. The same introduction, the same opening line. Glen believed it to be very insincere and stale."

Ellefsen said Doherty remembered Romney as robotic.

"He said it was pathetic and comical to have the same person come up to you within only a half hour, have this person reintroduce himself to you, having absolutely no idea whatsoever that he just did this 20 minutes ago, and did not even recognize Glen's face."

I asked Ellefsen what he thought of his friend's story being used on the political stump:

"Honestly it does make me sick. Glen would definitely not approve of it. He probably wouldn't do much about it. He probably wouldn't say a whole lot about it. I think Glen would feel, more than anything, almost embarrassed for Romney. I think he would feel pity for him."

http://mynorthwest.com/108/1353861/Romney-story-doesnt-jibe-with-fallen-SEALs-account

Ouch.

You assume they are telling the truth. Perhaps they are but what do you think about Obamas and his minions lying about the whole incident? That was for political reasons too.

Sal

Sal

nochain wrote:You assume they are telling the truth.

And, you assume they're not.

What the hell is wrong with you?

salinsky wrote:
nochain wrote:You assume they are telling the truth.

And, you assume they're not.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Read my post again nitwit, I also said "perhaps they are".

VectorMan

VectorMan

I'm really more concerned with what Hillary and people in her dept. said during and right after the attack. Someone needs to held accountable.

Trey Gowdy, an outspoken Republican congressman from South Carolina, blasted Obama administration officials during Wednesday’s House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing on the Libya U.S. Consulate terrorist attack, raising his voice to levels rarely heard on the House floor.

Gowdy went after both U.S. Ambassador Susan Rice and White House Press Secretary Jay Carney for providing “demonstrably false” statements about the attack, not just to Congress, but to the American people as well. He slammed the Obama administration for initially saying the attack was in response to a video and not an act of terrorism, delivering a blistering and impassioned critique of the White House’s handling of the incident.

Gowdy quoted Rice as saying, “Our current assessment is that what happened in Beghazi was…in fact, initially a spontaneous reaction” to an anti-Muslim YouTube video.

“I don’t know what the phrase “in fact” means in diplomatic legalese. I can tell you what it means in a court room, it means it’s a fact,” Gowdy proclaimed.

“I would like to have another hearing where we can ask Ambassador Rice, under oath, who told you what when. You are going to blame the intelligence committee? You come before this committee and you tell us who told you it was video!” he added, raising his voice now.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/rep-trey-gowdy-explodes-at-libya-hearing-i-want-to-know-why-we-were-lied-to/

Change the current administration to an (R) and these hearings would be on every channel with the liberals drooling like it was Oliver North.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

salinsky wrote:Sounds like Willard made quite an impression at that party ...

But one of Glen Doherty's best friends remembered Doherty's impression of this meeting much differently.

According to Ellefsen, Romney introduced himself to Doherty four separate times during the gathering.

"He said it was very comical," Ellefsen said, "Mitt Romney approached him ultimately four times, using this private gathering as a political venture to further his image. He kept introducing himself as Mitt Romney, a political figure. The same introduction, the same opening line. Glen believed it to be very insincere and stale."

Ellefsen said Doherty remembered Romney as robotic.

"He said it was pathetic and comical to have the same person come up to you within only a half hour, have this person reintroduce himself to you, having absolutely no idea whatsoever that he just did this 20 minutes ago, and did not even recognize Glen's face."

I asked Ellefsen what he thought of his friend's story being used on the political stump:

"Honestly it does make me sick. Glen would definitely not approve of it. He probably wouldn't do much about it. He probably wouldn't say a whole lot about it. I think Glen would feel, more than anything, almost embarrassed for Romney. I think he would feel pity for him."

http://mynorthwest.com/108/1353861/Romney-story-doesnt-jibe-with-fallen-SEALs-account

Ouch.
This is just creepy. If Mittens has gone through this many transformative moves just during the campaign, etch-a-sketch reset every time you turn around how is he going to govern if he were to win the election? What are foreign leaders supposed to make of his various positions? How can the voters even piece together a coherent image of what this guy stands for?
If he were in a sci-fi movie he'd be running into his own character around every turn in the trail! This guy is a robotic mess!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum