This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

A Warning From Sixty Years Ago

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A Warning From Sixty Years Ago on 12/30/2017, 6:19 pm

View user profile

2 Re: A Warning From Sixty Years Ago on 12/30/2017, 10:59 pm

View user profile

3 Re: A Warning From Sixty Years Ago on 12/30/2017, 11:17 pm

Something is happening but you don't know what it is, do you Mr. Jones.

View user profile

4 Re: A Warning From Sixty Years Ago on 1/1/2018, 12:09 am

View user profile

5 Re: A Warning From Sixty Years Ago on 1/1/2018, 7:49 am

Haiku #327

Midwest winter blues—
in era of climate change,
it’s so confusing.


  Guillermo Delgado

View user profile

6 Re: A Warning From Sixty Years Ago on 1/1/2018, 12:41 pm


Here's another blast from the past:

On its hundredth birthday in 1959, Edward Teller warned the oil industry about global warming

Somebody cut the cake – new documents reveal that American oil writ large was warned of global warming at its 100th birthday party.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2018/jan/01/on-its-hundredth-birthday-in-1959-edward-teller-warned-the-oil-industry-about-global-warming?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+USA+-+Collections+2017&utm_term=258874&subid=13840101&CMP=GT_US_collection

View user profile

7 Re: A Warning From Sixty Years Ago on 1/1/2018, 11:13 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
Here's another blast from the past:

On its hundredth birthday in 1959, Edward Teller warned the oil industry about global warming

Somebody cut the cake – new documents reveal that American oil writ large was warned of global warming at its 100th birthday party.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2018/jan/01/on-its-hundredth-birthday-in-1959-edward-teller-warned-the-oil-industry-about-global-warming?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+USA+-+Collections+2017&utm_term=258874&subid=13840101&CMP=GT_US_collection



Good post but of course you know Teller was the real life inspiration for Dr. Strangelove. Teller loved all things nuclear and denied the problems with it the same way big oil denied and covered up their own problems. Teller never met a bomb he didn't like and would probably love #45.

View user profile

8 Re: A Warning From Sixty Years Ago on 1/1/2018, 11:40 pm

Telstar wrote:Good post but of course you know Teller was the real life inspiration for Dr. Strangelove. Teller loved all things nuclear and denied the problems with it the same way big oil denied and covered up their own problems. Teller never met a bomb he didn't like and would probably love #45.

View user profile

9 Re: A Warning From Sixty Years Ago on 1/2/2018, 1:57 pm

Ever see that Ken Burns documentary on the Dust Bowl? Every time I see people denying global warming, or wanting to cut "regulations," or increasing fracking, etc., I remember what happened then. People were sure what they were doing was harmless, and, anyway, it was profitable, and "the Lord will take care of us," etc., so they just did what they did. Then it bit 'em in the butt, big time. Same thing with China's air quality. I wonder if all the conservatives cheering for Trump's regulation-cutting are going to still be happy when they're having to wear masks to step outside, like they do in China, or getting water like Flint, Michigan? Because that's what cutting regulations gets you. It doesn't really help the economy much, but it sure does increase the public's cancer levels. I guess cancer's good for the economy, in a warped and super-sick way, but, I'd rather things slumped a bit if that's what it takes.

I'm not a big tree-hugger, because I'll be 51 by the end of this week and don't have kids. If people want to treat the planet like a rental car, it's likely not going to be my problem much. But when I see people with kids and grandkids laughing off global warming or fracking, I have to wonder about 'em. The planet's not something you leave to your descendants, it's something you're borrowing from them. And lord, but they're gonna hate ya.

View user profile

10 Re: A Warning From Sixty Years Ago on 1/2/2018, 5:47 pm

zsomething wrote:Ever see that Ken Burns documentary on the Dust Bowl?  Every time I see people denying global warming, or wanting to cut "regulations," or increasing fracking, etc., I remember what happened then.  People were sure what they were doing was harmless, and, anyway, it was profitable, and "the Lord will take care of us," etc., so they just did what they did.  Then it bit 'em in the butt, big time.   Same thing with China's air quality.  I wonder if all the conservatives cheering for Trump's regulation-cutting are going to still be happy when they're having to wear masks to step outside, like they do in China, or getting water like Flint, Michigan?  Because that's what cutting regulations gets you.  It doesn't really help the economy much, but it sure does increase the public's cancer levels.  I guess cancer's good for the economy, in a warped and super-sick way, but, I'd rather things slumped a bit if that's what it takes.

I'm not a big tree-hugger, because I'll be 51 by the end of this week and don't have kids.  If people want to treat the planet like a rental car, it's likely not going to be my problem much.  But when I see people with kids and grandkids laughing off global warming or fracking, I have to wonder about 'em.  The planet's not something you leave to your descendants, it's something you're borrowing from them.  And lord, but they're gonna hate ya.




Yup, cancer and death is all the republicans are good at providing. Of course you've heard about all those rockets that the 1% are sending to the moon and Mars, haven't you? Those colonies will be set up for the 1%, not the 99%.

View user profile

11 Re: A Warning From Sixty Years Ago on 1/4/2018, 4:44 am

Now we know why the 1% is so interested in colonizing Mars. Mother Earth is like toilet paper to those filthy bastards.


By the end of this week, parts of the Northeast will be colder than Mars.


http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/04/us/cold-weather-arctic-outbreak/index.html

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum