Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vice Prez Debate

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vice Prez Debate Empty Vice Prez Debate 10/10/2012, 10:18 am

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

Are you watching it? It will be more entertaining that midget tossing.

The story below was taken from the 2008 debates. I think this topic may come up again. What will Biden do? Plead Ignorant? Take The 5th? Ask to change the question? Phone a Friend? Ask the crowd?

Are you better Off?

Biden Complains People 'Can Barely Pay To Fill Their Gas Tank' - Back In '08 Debate
By Craig Bannister
October 9, 2012

During the 2008 vice presidential debate, Joe Biden complained about how gas prices were so high at the time that the average “Joe” couldn’t afford to fill up his tank.

During the Oct. 2, 2008 vice presidential debate with Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, Biden was asked by moderator Gwen Ifill to comment about deregulation.

In his answer, then-Senator Biden took the opportunity to relate a conversation he had at a gas station with “a guy named Joey” who said he couldn’t afford to fill up his tank:

“So deregulation was the promise. And guess what? Those people who say don't go into debt, they can barely pay to fill up their gas tank.

“I was recently at my local gas station and asked a guy named Joey Danco. I said, ‘Joey, how much did it cost to fill your tank?’ You know what his answer was? He said, ‘I don't know, Joe. I never have enough money to do it.’”

At the time (Oct. 2008), the average cost of a gallon of regular was $3.17 – and only $1.93/gallon when Obama took office in January of 2009 – according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Today, AAA estimates that a gallon of regular costs about $3.82 (Oct. 9), while the latest BLS report says it cost $3.71/gallon in August.

And, this week, the Associated Press reported that gas prices in California have hit an all-time high of $4.67 for a gallon of regular, and The Los Angeles Times reported that that Gov. Jerry Brown has taken “emergency steps” to address the problem.

2Vice Prez Debate Empty Re: Vice Prez Debate 10/10/2012, 12:19 pm

I'm not sure I can take that many lies coming from Ryan for so long,Ghandi.

3Vice Prez Debate Empty Re: Vice Prez Debate 10/10/2012, 12:42 pm

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

Dreamsglore wrote:I'm not sure I can take that many lies coming from Ryan for so long,Ghandi.

I am be more than willing to prove I am not Ghandi, but like any typical liberal you would not like any facts to get in the way of the truth.

I can't wait to see how many gaffes ol' Joe's gonna make. It's probably making the Prez a little nervous.

4Vice Prez Debate Empty Re: Vice Prez Debate 10/10/2012, 1:41 pm

Sal

Sal

I expect it to be a very good contrast.

Biden is not the dunderheaded gaffe-machine that the rightwing blowhards claim he is. He's actually a gifted speaker with a lot of experience in high profile debate settings.

And, Ryan in not the wonky boy-genius as described by the rightwing blowhards either. He's just an inveterate liar.

5Vice Prez Debate Empty Re: Vice Prez Debate 10/10/2012, 2:52 pm

salinsky wrote:I expect it to be a very good contrast.

Biden is not the dunderheaded gaffe-machine that the rightwing blowhards claim he is. He's actually a gifted speaker with a lot of experience in high profile debate settings.

And, Ryan in not the wonky boy-genius as described by the rightwing blowhards either. He's just an inveterate liar.

Biden is a typical, say anything, blowhard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWlSX9TT2eo&feature=related

Plenty more on YT, just search under Biden gaffes. Reminds me of old what's his name, Quayle - except you liberal loons give Biden a free pass just like his boss, quite unlike when you attacked Quayle at every opportunity. Quayle was a strange one but so is Biden. Ryans biggest problem is Bidens ability to BS with the best of them, if he had been a used car salesman he would be a billionaire.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum