Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flynn Charged

+6
zsomething
EmeraldGhost
PkrBum
2seaoat
bigdog
Telstar
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Flynn Charged Empty Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 10:43 am

Telstar

Telstar

Special counsel Robert Mueller has charged former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn with "willfully and knowingly" making "false, fictitious and fraudulent statements" to the FBI regarding conversations with Russia's ambassador.

He is due to appear in court later Friday morning, a court spokesperson said. The White House declined to immediately comment.
Flynn is the first Trump administration official and the fourth connected to the campaign to be charged as part of Mueller's investigation into possible collusion between the Russian government and members of Trump's team, as well as potential obstruction of justice and financial crimes.
Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his deputy Rick Gates were indicted last month; they pleaded not guilty. And Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos pleaded guilty for making a false statement to the FBI over contacts with officials connected to the Russian government.

The charge against Flynn is the first in Mueller's probe that has reached someone in the Trump White House and is the latest sign that the special counsel's investigation is intensifying.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/01/politics/michael-flynn-charged/index.html

2Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 11:52 am

bigdog

Lock HIM UP!
LOCK HIM UP!
LOCK HIM UP!

No, I'd rather he be free to walk the streets and tell every damn secret this administration has been hiding now for the last 2 years.

It isn't a witch hunt if the warlock has confessed.

This is a HUGE DAY for America. I might just get out my Flag and wave it for a change. I am ecstatic. Last night I posted I thought there was no hope. Now I think there is. It's morning in AMERICA.

3Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 12:12 pm

2seaoat

Sorry to break the news to folks, but a one count lying to the FBI is a big nothing burger. If there is not more that follows which deals with collusion by Trump officials with the Russians to seek their aid to defeat Hillary, it will objectively remain a nothing burger. I see no dots which have been connected, and keep hearing the hysteria from the media about how the Flynn indictment was going to be a whopper......lying to the FBI......geeeezzzzz where is the objectivity. The claims of collusion remain entirely unfounded. I suspect there was collusion, but after a year......lying to the FBI? Where is the multi count indictment of collusion?

4Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 12:44 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

2seaoat wrote:  If there is not more that follows which deals with collusion by Trump officials with the Russians to seek their aid to defeat Hillary

Like Hillary and the dnc through a foreign agent to commission a fake Russian dossier? Then the fbi using it to gain secret warrants to survival the campaign? And Obama admin to then unmask those people and leak it to the media?

5Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 1:24 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

In my previous life as a Federal Agent I charged and convicted people of making false statements (18 USC 1001) quite a few times.    My experience has been that the sentencing for that particular conviction can vary widely depending on

A.  the seriousness of the matter they lied about (i.e. some low-level customs or immigration violation, etc ... VS something like human-trafficking, terrorism related etc) and
B.  prior criminal history.  

I've seen everything from 12 months probation up to five years imprisonment imposed just for the 1001 charge.  (probation was usually a plea-deal for some more serious, but still low level charge .... or for cooperation as a material witness or actually becoming an active informant in some other matter and we dropped more serious charges.   It was exceedingly rare the USAO would accept a 1001 charge to present for indictment without some more serious underlying felony ... or in the interest of somehow furthering some other more serious investigation.)

6Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 2:25 pm

zsomething

Lying to the FBI is apparently what they agreed to reduce his charge to for cooperating with them and providing info. And they wouldn't make a deal with him unless he had info on someone higher up than him. And the only people higher up were Trump and Pence.

Reportedly, Flynn's going to testify that Trump told him to contact the Russians.

Methinks somebody just kicked a domino...

7Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 2:50 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
2seaoat wrote:  If there is not more that follows which deals with collusion by Trump officials with the Russians to seek their aid to defeat Hillary

Like Hillary and the dnc through a foreign agent to commission a fake Russian dossier? Then the fbi using it to  gain secret warrants to survival the campaign? And Obama admin to then unmask those people and leak it to the media?

Christopher Steele was first hired by the WASHINGTON FREE BEACON, a CONSERVATIVE newspaper.  You've been informed of this numerous times, yet you persist in adhering to your previous bank of talking points.  It's like nobody's home in there.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/27/us/politics/trump-dossier-paul-singer.html

8Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 2:53 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Didn't trump fire Flynn for lying to pence?

9Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 4:40 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Didn't trump fire Flynn for lying to pence?  

Do you need a map?

Commentary: Mike Pence wants you to believe he's innocent. Don't buy it.

'Mike Pence would like you to know that Mike Pence is not involved in any of this. At least that appears to be the message coming from Pence's allies, and perhaps the vice president himself, as the Trump White House reels from a series of interlocking scandals that threaten all manner of political peril, even potentially an impeachment or resignation that could make Pence the president of the United States.

All of a sudden we're seeing a wave of articles in which anonymous sources close to Pence tell reporters that he's completely out of the loop, to use the phrase that then-Vice President George H.W. Bush uttered so memorably when claiming his innocence in the Iran-Contra scandal. But can we believe it? And even if it's true, isn't that nearly as much of an indictment of Pence?

Let's begin with this report from NBC's Vaughn Hillyard:

"Vice President Mike Pence has been kept in the dark about former National Security Adviser Mike Flynn's alleged wrongdoing, according to a source close to the administration, who cited a potential 'pattern' of not informing the vice president and calling it 'malpractice or intentional, and either are unacceptable.' "

Nobody tells him anything! How can he possibly have any culpability for administration wrongdoing when he's barely involved in any of this running-the-government stuff? Sources close to Pence would also like you to know that "Pence was not consulted about the decision to bring on Flynn as the national security adviser in November." I barely know the guy, I tell ya..."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-mike-pence-michael-flynn-trump-20170519-story.html

10Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 4:57 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

I would think that pub leadership and constituents prefer pence... and that leftists wouldn't? It gets so confusing to watch useful idiots run around with their heads full of shit and try to make sense of it.

11Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 5:44 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Sorry to break the news to folks, but a one count lying to the FBI is a big nothing burger.  If there is not more that follows which deals with collusion by Trump officials with the Russians to seek their aid to defeat Hillary, it will objectively remain a nothing burger.   I see no dots which have been connected, and keep hearing the hysteria from the media about how the Flynn indictment was going to be a whopper......lying to the FBI......geeeezzzzz where is the objectivity.   The claims of collusion remain entirely unfounded.  I suspect there was collusion, but after a year......lying to the FBI?   Where is the multi count indictment of collusion?

Seaoat, I believe Flynn made a deal and plead guilty to the lesser of the charges...to save himself and his son. We'll see how this plays out.

12Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 5:46 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:I would think that pub leadership and constituents prefer pence... and that leftists wouldn't? It gets so confusing to watch useful idiots run around with their heads full of shit and try to make sense of it.

I don't care whom the "pub" "leadership" prefers. Pence is in it up to his creepy eyeballs.

13Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 5:49 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I would think that pub leadership and constituents prefer pence... and that leftists wouldn't? It gets so confusing to watch useful idiots run around with their heads full of shit and try to make sense of it.

I don't care whom the "pub" "leadership" prefers.  Pence is in it up to his creepy eyeballs.

In what? Is it illegal to instruct your foreign policy advisor to contact foreign govts about policy?

14Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 5:55 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

While Pence would certainly not be my first choice among Republicans to be President, he's far preferable to me than Trump.

I tend to prefer former Governors for President anyway, so long as they have a good track record.  At least you know they have some experience actually running a government executive branch and the departments/agencies that come with that, as well as working with government budgets, a legislature, and a judiciary.  And they tend to understand a little better the value of institutional/organizational knowledge and continuity. They just have much less of a learning curve.

I've seen too many neophytes put in charge of things when I worked for the government ... and it was almost always a disaster of greater or lesser degree.

15Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 6:15 pm

zsomething

Pence sucks, but he's relatively sane, for a guy who thinks a bearded man in a nightgown who lives in the sky should be running everything.  But, I'm used to that kind of insanity, living in the South.

How fared Nixon's loyalists?  Any of 'em keep political careers long?  Pence would get voted out at the earliest possible opportunity as America tries to rinse away the taste of the swill that their stupidest-and-nastiest-citizens foisted upon us.  Everything connected with this fiasco is gonna end up flushed, and nobody's going to trust the judgement of the idiots who supported it in the first place.  When they try to give their opinions on political blogs, they might as well be shouting "AH LIKE CARROTS 'CUZ THEY'RE ORANGE!" or something similarly intelligent.  Trump's supporters are going to be pariahs.  Like they aren't already.

And all of this is assuming that Pence won't go down, too.  Which is by no means guaranteed.  It's a house of cards and Hurricane Mueller is comin'.

So, yeah, I hate Pence and think he's a little more dangerous because he knows how to behave himself and is focused, but this whole administration's got a stank on it now that ya can't scrub off.  I don't think Pence will be around for long, either.  He's got the charisma of eye-snot and he's flat-out creepy, with all this Handsmaid's Tale, "I call my wife 'Mother'" Norman-Batesy-business.  He'll go down.  One domino at a time, clack-clack-clack, motherfuckers.

16Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 7:00 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

zsomething wrote: as America tries to rinse away the taste of the swill that their stupidest-and-nastiest-citizens foisted upon us.

Still no objectivity about how bad and corrupt Hillary was or how terrible the dem messaging was to the middle class. Good... keep fucking that football comrade.

17Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 7:11 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

PkrBum wrote:
zsomething wrote: as America tries to rinse away the taste of the swill that their stupidest-and-nastiest-citizens foisted upon us.

Still no objectivity about how bad and corrupt Hillary was or how terrible the dem messaging was to the middle class. Good... keep fucking that football comrade.

Hillary who?   Oh ... that Hillary.   Still stuck on that ol' bag, are ya?   Newsflash ... she's toast.  Nobody cares about Hillary anymore.

Hey ... btw, if Hillary was so prosecutable over the whole email thing, how come Trump/Sessions haven't yet directed the evidence be presented to a grand jury for indictment?  The FBI investigated that thing to death, the case has already been made.  There's nothing stopping them from doing that, ya know.   What happened to "lock her up, lock her up" ??? Or have they not done it because, all of that was really just ... campaign rhetoric?

18Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 7:18 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

EmeraldGhost wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Hillary who?   Oh ... that Hillary.   Still stuck on that ol' bag, are ya?   Newsflash ... she's toast.  Nobody cares about Hillary anymore.

Hey ... btw, if Hillary was so prosecutable over the whole email thing, how come Trump/Sessions haven't yet directed the evidence be presented to a grand jury for indictment?  The FBI investigated that thing to death, the case has already been made.  There's nothing stopping them from doing that, ya know.   What happened to "lock her up, lock her up" ???   Or have they not done it because, all of that was really just ... campaign rhetoric?

She just said that Trump was the fault of (insert pejorative)... while not examining her candidate's fault.

See: quote

19Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 7:23 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

PkrBum wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Hey ... btw, if Hillary was so prosecutable over the whole email thing, how come Trump/Sessions haven't yet directed the evidence be presented to a grand jury for indictment?  The FBI investigated that thing to death, the case has already been made.  There's nothing stopping them from doing that, ya know.   What happened to "lock her up, lock her up" ???   Or have they not done it because, all of that was really just ... campaign rhetoric?

She just said that Trump was the fault of (insert pejorative)... while not examining her candidate's fault.

Just can't believe people are still arguing, whining, whatever about the election. I mean .... geez, it's been a year already!

20Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 8:43 pm

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:Sorry to break the news to folks, but a one count lying to the FBI is a big nothing burger.  If there is not more that follows which deals with collusion by Trump officials with the Russians to seek their aid to defeat Hillary, it will objectively remain a nothing burger.   I see no dots which have been connected, and keep hearing the hysteria from the media about how the Flynn indictment was going to be a whopper......lying to the FBI......geeeezzzzz where is the objectivity.   The claims of collusion remain entirely unfounded.  I suspect there was collusion, but after a year......lying to the FBI?   Where is the multi count indictment of collusion?

Oh come on Oatie! You haven't figured this out? Flynn flipped. He's cooperating and in exchange he won't get charged w/ all the other crimes. Trump pardoning him won't help because they're holding on to the other charges to bring state charges in case he does. Flynn had no choice. Trump is their goal.

21Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 8:46 pm

Vikingwoman

PkrBum wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Up the ladder we go! What was that you were saying about this fake Russia investigation? Stuff that sock in your mouth or eat it.

22Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 8:54 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Vikingwoman wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Up the ladder we go! What was that you were saying about this fake Russia investigation? Stuff that sock in your mouth or eat it.

He lied about something AFTER the election. It's highly unlikely that it involves colluding to steal election.

Or have y'all dropped that already? It's so hard to keep up.

23Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/1/2017, 10:58 pm

Vikingwoman

You can't be that dumb? Why do you think they wanted to ease the sanctions? Why were they lying about the Russian contacts all along? Why were they involved w/ the Wikileaks emails? Because they wanted to help Russia?

24Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/2/2017, 1:04 am

zsomething

Vikingwoman wrote:You can't be that dumb? Why do you think they wanted to ease the sanctions? Why were they lying about the Russian contacts all along? Why were they involved w/ the Wikileaks emails? Because they wanted to help Russia?

Of COURSE he can be that dumb! His dumb is souped-up four-barrel-Holley-carb dumb! There is no top end! His dumb is like alcohol-burning funny-car dumb. It needs a parachute to slow it down.

I mean, look at him! He's too dumb to even address anything... all he does is talk about Hillary. Hillary's under his freakin' bed! It's his response to everything. Say "my dog peed on the floor" and he's gonna go "BENGHAZI!" It's reflex. She haunts him! Everything is her doing. Now he wants to pretend that some people not liking her makes her responsible for them climbing over better candidates in the GOP primary to pick the dumbest, most racist candidate, then electing him. It's not Hillary... it's that the Republican base, and Pkr, are these people:

But they get mad if you call 'em racist... like you can come to any other conclusion from watching their motivations!

And then he can't figure out that Flynn plead guilty for something so he'd get a lesser sentence, as a reward for flipping on his higher-ups, which are Trump and Pence. What Flynn's getting nabbed for isn't the important thing - it's that he made a deal that's the big thing.

And he's still in denial, sporting that dumb avatar about Russia's-fake. He'll be flying that flag ten years after Trump's paroled from Folsom.

I mean... YEAAAAAH he can be that dumb! Totally! Very Happy

25Flynn Charged Empty Re: Flynn Charged 12/2/2017, 1:47 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

I s'pose we'll all just have to see just exactly what it is Flynn knows that he can testify to ... and if he's been wearing a wire for the Feebs this past year.

I'll reserve judgement on Trump, Jared Kushner, Donald Jr. et al and this alleged  "collusion" till it comes out.   All I'll say is it sure does smell like there might have been some kind of quid-pro-quo going on and it might have had to do first and foremost with the Magnitsky Act sanctions.   And for reason of that ... it should be fairly investigated.    But, from my many years as a Federal investigator, I also know that quid-pro-quo's can sometimes be hard to prove, and that where there is smoke, there's not always a fire.   So .... we shall see.   I do have a lot of trust in Mueller to get to the truthful bottom of things, whatever that may be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum