This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another mass shooting, ho hum...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:23 am

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:“In retrospect Sandy Hook marked the end of the US gun control debate,” Dan Hodges, a British journalist, wrote in a post on Twitter two years ago, referring to the 2012 attack that killed 20 young students at an elementary school in Connecticut. “Once America decided killing children was bearable, it was over.”

And we explain this to grieving parents, grandparents, surviving siblings and other family members in the current and virtually inevitable future mass killings of children -- exactly how?  HOW??  SOMEONE TELL ME HOW???  

WAKE UP, AMERICA!!

You wake up. The govt/military failed to enforce the laws. Why isn't that what you want fixed?

I never said I didn't want that fixed,  you DOOFUS.  I want BOTH, as anyone with half a brain would.  But maybe you don't have even half remaining?

And why haven't you answered me as to what types of uses semi-auto's serve as "tools," hm?   All I hear is crickets on that one.

Semi-auto simply means one pull of the trigger one bullet fired. A revolver works under the same principle. What you probably desire... but don't know enough about guns to express... is a limit in magazine size (number of bullets)... before reloading. Semi-auto is old technology most used for small game hunting and target shooting by lawful enthusiasts... you can't roll that back. So again you don't know enough to know what you want. Have you tried gun confiscation think yet? I bet you will.

View user profile

52 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:35 am

On April 28, 1996, a 28-year-old Australian man named Martin Bryant ate lunch at Broad Arrow Cafe in Port Arthur, Tasmania, a historic penal colony that is a popular tourist resort. After his meal, he returned his tray, removed a semiautomatic rifle from his bag, and opened fire. By the time Bryant was caught a day later, 35 people were dead and 23 wounded in what became the worst mass shooting in Australian history—one whose impact is felt even today.

There had been previous mass shootings in Australia, but none in recent times of this magnitude. The killings, which came just weeks after the mass shooting in Dunblane, Scotland, resonated across Australia, a nation that traditionally had a high rate of gun ownership and that espoused the ideals of rugged individualism, much like the U.S. does. But after the massacre, the ruling center-right Liberal Party joined with groups from across the political spectrum to work on legislation to sharply restrict the availability of guns.

The number of mass shootings in Australia—defined as incidents in which a gunman killed five or more people other than himself, which is notably a higher casualty count than is generally applied for tallying mass shootings in the U.S.—dropped from 13 in the 18-year period before 1996 to zero after the Port Arthur massacre. Between 1995 and 2006, gun-related homicides and suicides in the country dropped by 59 percent and 65 percent, respectively, though these declines appear to have since leveled off. Two academics who have studied the impact of the reform initiative estimate that the gun-buyback program saves at least 200 lives each year, according to The New York Times.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/10/australia-gun-control/541710/

View user profile

53 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:24 pm

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:“In retrospect Sandy Hook marked the end of the US gun control debate,” Dan Hodges, a British journalist, wrote in a post on Twitter two years ago, referring to the 2012 attack that killed 20 young students at an elementary school in Connecticut. “Once America decided killing children was bearable, it was over.”

And we explain this to grieving parents, grandparents, surviving siblings and other family members in the current and virtually inevitable future mass killings of children -- exactly how?  HOW??  SOMEONE TELL ME HOW???  

WAKE UP, AMERICA!!

You wake up. The govt/military failed to enforce the laws. Why isn't that what you want fixed?

I never said I didn't want that fixed,  you DOOFUS.  I want BOTH, as anyone with half a brain would.  But maybe you don't have even half remaining?

And why haven't you answered me as to what types of uses semi-auto's serve as "tools," hm?   All I hear is crickets on that one.

Semi-auto simply means one pull of the trigger one bullet fired. A revolver works under the same principle. What you probably desire... but don't know enough about guns to express... is a limit in magazine size  (number of bullets)... before reloading. Semi-auto is old technology most used for small game hunting and target shooting by lawful enthusiasts... you can't roll that back. So again you don't know enough to know what you want. Have you tried gun confiscation think yet? I bet you will.

You know damned well what I mean, you arrogant jerk, and that's assault weaponry -- whether it's the gun or the magazine or a combination thereof.  I'm talking about weapons of war that serve NO JUSTIFIABLE PURPOSE in civilian (vs. military) hands, and you know it.  Weapons that only EMBOLDEN those intent on doing great harm to numbers of people.

But hey, great job at deflection from the question:  WHAT PURPOSE AS A "TOOL" DO ASSAULT WEAPONS SERVE IN CIVILIAN HANDS?   Answer the damned question for a change.

Last edited by RealLindaL on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

54 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:20 am

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

WAKE UP, AMERICA!!

Semi-auto simply means one pull of the trigger one bullet fired. A revolver works under the same principle. What you probably desire... but don't know enough about guns to express... is a limit in magazine size  (number of bullets)... before reloading. Semi-auto is old technology most used for small game hunting and target shooting by lawful enthusiasts... you can't roll that back. So again you don't know enough to know what you want. Have you tried gun confiscation think yet? I bet you will.

You know damned well what I mean, you arrogant jerk, and that's assault weaponry -- whether it's the gun or the magazine or a combination thereof.  I'm talking about weapons of war that serve NO JUSTIFIABLE PURPOSE in civilian (vs. military hands), and you know it.  Weapons that only EMBOLDEN those intent on doing great harm to numbers of people.

But hey, great job at deflection from the question:  WHAT PURPOSE AS A "TOOL" DO ASSAULT WEAPONS SERVE IN CIVILIAN HANDS?   Answer the damned question for a change.

The accuracy of a .223 cartridge fired in any model AR based on the M-15, is such that none will match the accuracy of a tuned single action or bolt action rifle.  If that wasn't true military snipers would be using their M-16s and variations.  The truth is the Assault Rifle was not designed to deliver extreme accuracy, but to spit out high numbers of bullets, any one of which will kill.  The small diameter of the .223 bullet makes it illegal for use on large wild game like deer, elk, etc.  So, it's use as a target rifle is quite limited, and it is of little use as a hunting weapon.  Any true sport marksman would much prefer firing a .223 bullet from a long rifle -- for the added accuracy.  

As a home self-defense weapon, Assault Rifles make the unintended body count rise -- which is why experts prefer shotguns for the same job.  

There is only one valid non-military need for an AR 15 -- to feed the fantasy driven ego of a shooter who craves more and more power.

Reality.

Last edited by Wordslinger on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Early stupidity ..)

View user profile

55 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:38 am

Wordslinger wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

WAKE UP, AMERICA!!

You know damned well what I mean, you arrogant jerk, and that's assault weaponry -- whether it's the gun or the magazine or a combination thereof.  I'm talking about weapons of war that serve NO JUSTIFIABLE PURPOSE in civilian (vs. military) hands, and you know it.  Weapons that only EMBOLDEN those intent on doing great harm to numbers of people.

The accuracy of a .223 cartridge fired in any model AR based on the M-15, that will match a tuned single action or bolt action rifle.  If that wasn't true military snipers would be using their M-16s and variations.  The truth is the Assault Rifle was not designed to deliver extreme accuracy, but to spit out high numbers of bullets, any one of which will kill.  The small diameter of the .223 bullet makes it illegal for use on large wild game like deer, elk, etc.  So, it's use as a target rifle is quite limited, and it is of little use as a hunting weapon.  Any true sport marksman would much prefer firing a .223 bullet from a long rifle -- for the added accuracy.  

As a home self-defense weapon, Assault Rifles make the unintended body count rise -- which is why experts prefer shotguns for the same job.  

There is only one valid non-military need for an AR 15 -- to feed the fantasy driven ego of a shooter who craves more and more power.

Reality.

cheers  (Except I question the use of the word "valid" here.)   Still, our nation of fools will stand on misguided Second Amendment 'principle' as more and more Americans (including our precious children) die, brought to slaughter by the next deranged shooter to no less extent than by the dirty wealth of the NRA and its blind disciples.

View user profile

56 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:28 am

Wordslinger wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

WAKE UP, AMERICA!!

You know damned well what I mean, you arrogant jerk, and that's assault weaponry -- whether it's the gun or the magazine or a combination thereof.  I'm talking about weapons of war that serve NO JUSTIFIABLE PURPOSE in civilian (vs. military hands), and you know it.  Weapons that only EMBOLDEN those intent on doing great harm to numbers of people.

The accuracy of a .223 cartridge fired in any model AR based on the M-15, that will match a tuned single action or bolt action rifle.  If that wasn't true military snipers would be using their M-16s and variations.  The truth is the Assault Rifle was not designed to deliver extreme accuracy, but to spit out high numbers of bullets, any one of which will kill.  The small diameter of the .223 bullet makes it illegal for use on large wild game like deer, elk, etc.  So, it's use as a target rifle is quite limited, and it is of little use as a hunting weapon.  Any true sport marksman would much prefer firing a .223 bullet from a long rifle -- for the added accuracy.  

Reality.

Yep. Part of what makes a .223 a powerful killing tool is that the bullets "tumble." They're actually a surprisingly small round, not a whole lot bigger than a .22 bullet. The difference is the amount of powder pushing 'em. The .22 round goes straight in, while a .223 tends to flip end-over-end. With all that extra power and the bullet whizzing like a fidget-spinner, it makes a much bigger wound channel and more hydrostatic shock. Getting hit with a .22's like getting stabbed with an ice-pick, while getting hit with a .223's like a Coke can.

All that bullet-tumble cuts down on the accuracy a lot. it's a relatively close-range weapon. Nobody who'd call themselves a "sportsman" would be using that for hunting. They're for making a lot of holes in a hurry... you don't want a deer chewed to bits if you're going to eat it. You'd be picking bits of lead out of there forever.

The only people I've known who could claim any legit civilian use for something like an AR-15 were people who had to clear big herds of wild pigs off some land, and needed to kill large numbers of things in a hurry, which they aren't likely to eat. And that's not really hunting, it's pest-control. And that situation seldom comes up with most people. Most varmits aren't that big and don't come in herds.

Most people who have AR-15s have some fantasy about "fightin' off the gub'mint." And that's a silly fantasy to begin with, because if the government's coming to get you, they'll have drones, tanks, sonic cannons, hundreds of dudes... if the government's after your militia, your milita's going down, and it'll be minutes, not days. Ruby Ridge and Waco went on as long as they did because the feds tried to negotiate a surrender. When they didn't get one, well, we all see what happened. All the fancy guns didn't help 'em a bit. People have these "civil war" fantasies based on the previous civil war, when the best both sides had were muskets. The feds made sure that situation wasn't gonna happen again. They let ya have the guns you have because they know they're no real threat against the stuff they have.

View user profile

57 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:55 pm

As is clear by the comments above, there is no legitimate rational use for any civilian or sportsman to possess an Assault Rifle.

None. Zip.

Note to those addicted to owning mass killer guns: Close your eyes each night before bed, and with a ball point pen in your dominant hand, imagine the clicker at the end of the pen is a button that will detonate the world's largest thermonuclear weapon which you know is hidden where you designated. Press the clicker. Smile at the unbelievable carnage you've created with just the click of a button. Now put the pen on your nightstand. Pleasant dreams, asshole.

View user profile

58 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:27 pm

Wordslinger wrote:As is clear by the comments above, there is no legitimate rational use for any civilian or sportsman to possess an Assault Rifle.

None.  Zip.

Note to those addicted to owning mass killer guns:  Close your eyes each night before bed, and with a ball point pen in your dominant hand, imagine the clicker at the end of the pen is a button that will detonate the world's largest thermonuclear weapon which you know is hidden where you designated.  Press the clicker.  Smile at the unbelievable carnage you've created with just the click of a button.  Now put the pen on your nightstand.  Pleasant dreams, asshole.

View user profile

59 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:59 pm

Popular "Sportsman" T-shirt:

The defense rests.

View user profile

60 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:35 pm

Deus X wrote:Popular "Sportsman" T-shirt:

The defense rests.

NRAssholes.

View user profile

61 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:47 am

Wordslinger wrote:As is clear by the comments above, there is no legitimate rational use for any civilian or sportsman to possess an Assault Rifle.

None.  Zip.

Thank you. And why some factions in this nation stubbornly refuse to recognize that crystal clear reality and DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE for a change, will forever be beyond reason.

View user profile

62 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Still looking for Pkr's answer as to how assault weapons are a useful "tool" in civilian hands. SOOO easy to make assertions and not be able to back them up. Not surprisingly, all we have from him is:

CRICKETS

Could he possibly be coming around to the wisdom and reasonableness of an assault weapons ban in this nation, even though it would have to be legislated by...zounds!...that terrible ol' U.S. GOVERNMENT??  

Not a chance.

View user profile

63 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:43 am

I've explained repeatedly that your "assault weapon" is just a scary name for a scary looking gun.

Politicized for dem mass consumption. Now... back to the real issue... laws on the books not enforced.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/15/exclusive-obama-rarely-prosecuted-criminals-who-sought-to-buy-guns-illegally/

More than 100,000 convicted felons or other “prohibited persons” tried to buy guns each year during President Barack Obama’s administration by lying on their applications, but the Justice Department only considered prosecuting about 30 to 40 people each year, according to a Daily Caller News Foundation investigation.

The Obama administration may have publicly aligned itself with anti-gun activists, but it consistently turned a blind eye to prosecute known criminals who tried to buy guns.

A June 2016 Justice Department Inspector General’s report revealed that between 2008 and 2015 the U.S. Attorneys office considered prosecuting “less than 32 people per year” for lying on form 4473, the federal application to buy guns.

View user profile

64 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:14 am

PkrBum wrote:I've explained repeatedly that your "assault weapon" is just a scary name for a scary looking gun.

Politicized for dem mass consumption. Now... back to the real issue... laws on the books not enforced.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/15/exclusive-obama-rarely-prosecuted-criminals-who-sought-to-buy-guns-illegally/

More than 100,000 convicted felons or other “prohibited persons” tried to buy guns each year during President Barack Obama’s administration by lying on their applications, but the Justice Department only considered prosecuting about 30 to 40 people each year, according to a Daily Caller News Foundation investigation.

The Obama administration may have publicly aligned itself with anti-gun activists, but it consistently turned a blind eye to prosecute known criminals who tried to buy guns.

A June 2016 Justice Department Inspector General’s report revealed that between 2008 and 2015 the U.S. Attorneys office considered prosecuting “less than 32 people per year” for lying on form 4473, the federal application to buy guns.

30-40 out of 100,000 are prosecuted?

View user profile

65 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:22 am

It really makes you realize what the agenda is. It's not solving criminals and crazies getting guns...

It's about removing the guns and rights from the law abiding.

View user profile

66 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:25 pm

PkrBum wrote:It really makes you realize what the agenda is. It's not solving criminals and crazies getting guns...

Why is it so hard to understand criminals break the laws?

View user profile

67 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:30 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
PkrBum wrote:It really makes you realize what the agenda is. It's not solving criminals and crazies getting guns...

Why is it so hard to understand criminals break the laws?

Cognitive dissonance. That fact isn't recognized because it isn't pc. It's still true... but... ya.

View user profile

68 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Yeah, criminals are always going to break laws, so why have laws at all?  They're just gonna break 'em!  Stupid politically-correct libs tryin' to stop us from having our own thermonuclear missiles!  And they're also stealing Christmas!

Durrrr!  Mongo make argument!  

Anyway, just for fun, let's hear some gun arguments from someone who's not flapping their arms and drowning in their own drool:

Very Happy

View user profile

69 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:53 pm

View user profile

70 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:23 pm

This just in:

Man accidentally shoots himself and wife at church during discussion about church shootings

The talk turned to church shootings on Thursday as older members of First United Methodist Church in Tellico Plains, Tenn. cleaned up after a pre-Thanksgiving luncheon.

As they talked about the Nov. 5 massacre in Sutherland Springs, Texas, someone reportedly asked if anyone in the group brings a gun to church.

An 81-year-old man pulled out his .380 caliber Ruger handgun, reports the Knoxville News Sentinel, and ended up accidentally shooting himself and his wife.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article185208943.html

View user profile

71 Re: Another mass shooting, ho hum... on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:43 pm

Deus X wrote:This just in:

Man accidentally shoots himself and wife at church during discussion about church shootings

The talk turned to church shootings on Thursday as older members of First United Methodist Church in Tellico Plains, Tenn. cleaned up after a pre-Thanksgiving luncheon.

As they talked about the Nov. 5 massacre in Sutherland Springs, Texas, someone reportedly asked if anyone in the group brings a gun to church.

An 81-year-old man pulled out his .380 caliber Ruger handgun, reports the Knoxville News Sentinel, and ended up accidentally shooting himself and his wife.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article185208943.html

A church in Tennessee is a helluva place to prove Darwin's theories... Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum