This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Treasury Intelligence Gathered Financial Information on Citizens and Companies

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

More domestic spying w NO due process or recourse. While we know that the NSA still does.

We've truly become a nation of domesticated sheep.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jasonleopold/us-intelligence-unit-accused-of-illegally-spying-on?utm_term=.jcDXzKBdN8&bftwnews#.wt8XoZGMz1

The Treasury Department’s Office of Intelligence and Analysis has been illegally rifling through and filing away the private financial records of US citizens, Treasury employees alleged. “This is such an invasion of privacy,” said one official.

The intelligence division at the Treasury Department has repeatedly and systematically violated domestic surveillance laws by snooping on the private financial records of US citizens and companies, according to government sources.

Over the past year, at least a dozen employees in another branch of the Treasury Department, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, have warned officials and Congress that US citizens’ and residents’ banking and financial data has been illegally searched and stored. And the breach, some sources said, extended to other intelligence agencies, such as the National Security Agency, whose officers used the Treasury’s intelligence division as an illegal back door to gain access to American citizens’ financial records. The NSA did not respond to requests for comment.

In response to questions from BuzzFeed News, the Treasury Department’s Office of the Inspector General said it has launched a review of the issue. Rich Delmar, a lawyer in that office, offered no further comment.

A Treasury Department spokesperson said the department’s various branches “operate in a manner consistent with applicable legal authorities.”

But a senior Treasury official, who is not authorized to speak on the matter so requested anonymity, did not mince words: “This is domestic spying.”

View user profile
Not really surprised. I always figured the IRS could access my bank accounts any time they wanted to.
It doesn't bother me because I'm not hiding anything. If they can catch foreign governments trying to interfere with our system, or even terrorists being funded by ISIS or somebody like them, I don't really care if they are looking at people's financial records.

That's kind of an unusual stand for me, being a democrat and pretty interested in privacy rights and the government not spying on my phone conversations. I just don't care if they know about my finances or anyone else's for that matter. I'd especially like them to know about the finances of one Donald J Trump.

View user profile
Thanks to the patriot act the gov't can inspect your sphincter while you sleep without your consent or a warrant.

View user profile
panhandler wrote:Thanks to the patriot act the gov't can inspect your sphincter while you sleep without your consent or a warrant.

Do ya have to pay extra for that?

View user profile
Deus X wrote:
panhandler wrote:Thanks to the patriot act the gov't can inspect your sphincter while you sleep without your consent or a warrant.

Do ya have to pay extra for that?

That's the beauty part of it... Free with membership in the Union. Laughing

View user profile
The Patriot Act was, possibly, the worst piece of legislation ever passed in this country.
But it was very popular with the flag tortillas who wanted W to be all-powerful after 911.

I don't have one of those things so I'm not worried about it Very Happy

And at my age, anyone brave enough to want to inspect anything in that general area would probably barf. Sad

View user profile

So what? What's your point? If you got a point, make it instead of just posting links. Asshole!

From your two links, obviously progressives are opposed to both those measures. Try and find ANY conservative that's outraged by them. You just supported the progressive case, thanks!

Here's a little video of Milo, a guy you support:

You're a gutless, racist asshole that supports pedophilia and refuses to defend his position.

View user profile

This article is crap. Of course the Treasury collects data on individuals and businesses...to investigate fraud. Nowhere does this article prove that the Treasury is engaged in mass data collection without warrants.

View user profile
Floridatexan wrote:
This article is crap.  Of course the Treasury collects data on individuals and businesses...to investigate fraud. Nowhere does this article prove that the Treasury is engaged in mass data collection without warrants.  

It's sad that we the people are complicit in our own subjugation to an enormous central govt.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,[a] against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

View user profile

Key words: probable cause

View user profile
What probable cause is there for the govt to gather your text,  email,  internet,  bank,  phone... etc information?

Because they do.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center

View user profile
Maybe so, but it started during the Republican Bush administration and the American people waving their flags on their cars after 911 allowed it. They ENCOURAGED it by re-electing Bush in 2004. Yep, it continued under Obama, just like all those middle Eastern wars did because Obama did NOT do the things he ran on.
If he weren't a black man and a Democrat the Republicans would have loved his presidency.
And it isn't going to stop as long as we don't get some Progressive Democrats in Washington who have some control.

It's not the Dems who brought you all this spying.

Having said that, the IRS has every right to know your financial business and they should. The constitution was written before we had the IRS. If you want to argue the agency is unconstitutional, you can do so. Find a politician that thinks that and send 'em some money. That's how things get done.

View user profile
bigdog wrote:Maybe so, but it started during the Republican Bush administration and the American people waving their flags on their cars after 911 allowed it. They ENCOURAGED it by re-electing  Bush in 2004. Yep, it continued under Obama, just like all those middle Eastern wars did because Obama did NOT do the things he ran on.
If he weren't a black man and a Democrat the Republicans would have loved his presidency.
And it isn't going to stop as long as we don't get some Progressive Democrats in Washington who have some control.

It's not the Dems who brought you all this spying.

Having said that, the IRS has every right to know your financial business and they should.  The constitution was written before we had the IRS. If you want to argue the agency is unconstitutional, you can do so. Find a politician that thinks that and send 'em some money. That's how things get done.

President Truman (Democrat) started the NSA in 1952. The agency has been collecting data ever since and keeps expanding its role past foreign collection into domestic. Certainly they expanded again under Bush but under Obama was another expansion whereby the NSA started analyzing domestic data against foreign. Since they hide most of their activities behind the curtain of "secrecy" it's hard to say how much they have compromised privacy here.

But to blame it all on one political party is hyper-partisan. Both political party's are to blame for the increasing intrusion. Congress has been unable to do their job for many years, there aren't enough guts on Capitol Hill to fill a vienna sausage.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum