Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

At least 50 dead, more than 400 hurt in Las Vegas concert attack

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/20-dead-over-100-injured-in-shooting-on-las-vegas-strip-police-sheriff/ar-AAsLPFk

Make that over 50 killed and 400 injured.

bigdog

Just saw the news on TV and heard the sound of what seemed to be some sort of machine gun. No one in this country who is a civilian needs that kind of weaponry.
No motive is known yet, but it was a 63 year old white male who did the shooting.
Of course, the news media is already speculating that it might be a Trump hater who shot people at a country music festival because "those" people might be Trump voters. There's absolutely no reason to speculate on a motive yet, but the news is already trying to divide Americans further with this incident.
There's no bigger fan of old-time country music in the world than me, and I ain't a Trump voter. It's ridiculous.

zsomething

bigdog wrote:Just saw the news on TV and heard the sound of what seemed to be some sort of machine gun. No one in this country who is a civilian needs that kind of weaponry.
No motive is known yet, but it was a 63 year old white male who did the shooting.
Of course, the news media is already speculating that it might be a Trump hater who shot people at a country music festival because "those" people might be Trump voters. There's absolutely no reason to speculate on a motive yet, but the news is already trying to divide Americans further with this incident.
There's no bigger fan of old-time country music in the world than me, and I ain't a Trump voter. It's ridiculous.

That's what the righties on 4chan have been up all night trying to concoct - that the guy was a leftie. They even labeled some innocent man as the shooter to try to make it fit. And they're doing this while they're crowing that "a white guy has the body count record again, whoo-hoo!" 4chan is a cesspool.

The other narrative they're foisting is trying to claim that the NRA bears no responsibility for this because fully-automatic weapons are "illegal." You'd think gun people would know better than that. You can get full-auto machine guns now... you just have to pay more for a class-3 license. If you want a thing and are willing to pay for it, the NRA will find a way to get it to you. There's people all over YouTube with legal machine guns. Some of whom shoot them while engaging in crazy rants threatening their fellow citizens. So, that story's not gonna fly. I don't know if the killer had legal guns or not... but he most certainly could have. They're available. One reason I'm a gun owner but hate the NRA.

Whatever the guy was, he was an insane idiot who shouldn't have had access to firearms... just like Dylan Roof, and just like the idiot who shot up the baseball field. They were on different "sides" but shouldn't be defended by - or used an example of - either.

bigdog

I despise the NRA and I also own a gun. I even upgraded mine a couple of months ago because the only one I had was an antique and was difficult to load. I see nothing wrong with a homeowner having a gun for personal protection. Mine's a 38 caliber Smith and Wesson that is light enough for a lady like me to handle.

I also have nothing against hunters having guns either, though I don't particularly like the idea of hunting animals for sport.

But this guys gun should have, at least, been illegal. I don't know how he got it, but he had several different weapons in the room. He also owns two planes, so it's possible he smuggled a machine gun of some sort into the country. It's probably impossible to guard against someone with a private plane doing that, but how many people with private planes are out there plotting mass murder?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum