This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

College Football 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 College Football 2017 on 9/24/2017, 9:37 pm

I know Z and Ghostrider enjoyed college football I have never been real thrilled other than my family were big Auburn fans and I watched every game when Cam was QB. He is having a tough time this year, and Auburn is over rated. My team is Minnesota as I have known the coach since he was in third grade. He had an undefeated season with Western Michigan last year but lost to Wisconsin in the Cotton Bowl. He took over a disaster of a program which had gotten horrible national press, but seems to be making the best of it. His real strength is recruitment. He will surprise people.

View user profile

2 Re: College Football 2017 on 9/24/2017, 10:29 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Cam college and as a pro. Today's game was not good.

View user profile

3 Re: College Football 2017 on 9/27/2017, 9:08 pm

Mn plays Maryland. I was worried earlier as Maryland had won two games, but they dropped the last one they played. For PJ to get in the top 25 polls he will need to beat Michigan State, Illinois, and Purdue. Then it gets hard with games against Iowa, Michigan, and Wisconsin. I think Nebraska is a paper tiger this year, and they will beat them, but will lose at least two to Iowa, Michigan, and Wisconsin, but with a two loss season they should get a good bowl game, and this would be huge going into the second year for his recruitment.

View user profile

4 Re: College Football 2017 on 10/1/2017, 7:12 am

Mn lost to Maryland. Very disappointing for PJ. It was a game they needed. Probably no bowl game because they will be a minimum of a three loss team.

View user profile

5 Re: College Football 2017 on 11/12/2017, 11:58 am

I thought about Z today and how excited he would have been watching yesterday's games.  I watched the Alabama game, and Mississippi State should have won that game.  My Nephew got married about a decade ago in Starksville.  They had their wedding at this famous old hotel downtown.  It had a quiet elegance and Southern charm which I always appreciated when growing up as a kid.

However, what I was bothered by in watching that game, was the 95% white spectators and the entirely black football team on defense and offense, except the white quarterback on the Mississippi State team.  It like the old hotel and its patrons are a poker tell about the reality of real diversity in America.  It was a stark contrast in the fantasy about how things have changed in the south in Starksville.

Oh I have never been so happy as to see Notre Dame get thrashed by Miami. Every year the polls rank Notre Dame higher than their talent, and every year there is the great fall.

View user profile

6 Re: College Football 2017 on 11/12/2017, 1:09 pm

Agreed about ND. And Z would've done some whooting... lol.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum