This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017-18 NBA Basketball

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 10/30/2017, 10:43 pm

James and the Cavs continue to suck, but Irving just won his fifth game in a row with the Celtics. The truth was always obvious.

The timberwolves played very good team ball with six in double figures as the stars are all taking less points for the team. I still have problems with the wolves defense. Taj and Jimmie cannot by osmosis teach wiggins and towns to play to their potential on defense. It will take all season for those young players to get defense. Thibs system has never failed, and it is bad that they are near the bottom in defense. They went into overtime with Miami, where defense is suspect.

View user profile

27 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 10/31/2017, 12:05 am

James is selfish....

View user profile

28 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/1/2017, 10:36 pm

The best player on the Cavs is gone. What is left is the usual James getting his stats and the team losing. Horrible defense which has been the truth for four years.

Wolves keep winning, and Bulls keep losing. Time to watch baseball.

View user profile

29 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/3/2017, 12:08 am

The Warriors just won by 20 over the Spurs. This is going to be a long prelude to the inevitable Warrior championship. Incredible.

View user profile

30 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/3/2017, 2:45 am

I think we all agree here that Jordan is either the best player of all time, or at least the second best player of all time. Obviously way back in the day before LeBron came around, everyone thought that Jordan was the best ever. If not everyone, at the very least 90% of NBA viewers or more would tell you that Jordan was the GOAT.

So here is the interesting question: At what point did you say to yourself "Jordan is the GOAT"? Was it after his first three-peat? I think most people said Jordan was the goat after he won his third straight, though I'm curious as to when everyone else came to that conclusion.

What say you?

31 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/3/2017, 5:09 am

I'd say when he came back and won his fourth... simply confirmed by the fifth and then sixth.

View user profile

32 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/3/2017, 11:08 am

With me it was simple. About the third time I saw him play live, but what sticks in my mind the most was when the Bulls played Utah in the playoffs. What I saw him in person do on the basketball court I had NEVER seen in my life to that point. I can also say that until probably last year with the new young players, I am finally seeing equivalent play. I saw James play in his second year in the pros and all I saw was the mailman, which was impressive as hell, but it never was close to a OMG. Jordan's persona and play was magical.

James like the mailman will have great stats and a rap that he could never win the big game.

View user profile

33 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/3/2017, 11:52 am

After watching him play!

View user profile

34 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/3/2017, 8:29 pm

View user profile

35 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/3/2017, 10:00 pm

James had a great game tonight. His defense was horrible, but he posted up against the DC guards who got no help, and the coach did not adjust. When teams are scoring 130 to 120 nobody is playing defense. Neither of those teams are relevant.

View user profile

36 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/4/2017, 12:05 am

Irving had a great second half to beat a very good OK Team. After watching James score fifty plus doing one on one with little team play and then watching the Celtics with Irving playing great team ball, you can see why Irving was glad he can now play winning team ball.

View user profile

37 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/5/2017, 1:50 am

Timberwolves win again. Next wed. should be a key game with the warriors. Young talent is changing the landscape of the NBA.

View user profile

38 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/5/2017, 10:32 pm

Cavs lose again to the lowly Hawks. Wolves appear to be playing well. Knicks have actually become a team fun to watch. If Doug McDermott hits stride and they can spread the floor........could get interesting. Celtics are the real deal and are only going to get better with time. The spurs have been injured but they actually are not playing that bad right now. Ok is simply exciting to watch.

The NBA is really getting to be fun to watch.

View user profile

39 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/7/2017, 12:05 am

celtics win nine straight and are one of the top defensive teams in the league. The cavs are one of the worse defensive teams in the league. James put in fifty the other night, and almost gave up that much on defense. Wade is bitching about the starters, but he has not played defense for three years himself. These young players are changing the landscape of the NBA. After a decade of no talent in the East and horrible teams making it to the Eastern finals, it appears that we are going to finally start seeing some talent in the East after a decade of banishment. The West continues to be incredible.

View user profile

40 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/7/2017, 12:19 am

2seaoat wrote:The Pelicans are looking good.  The Cavs still cannot play a lick of defense, and neither rose or Thomas are going to save the day and create something other than the fifth worse defense in the NBA.  They have improved this year from the worse the second half of the season.  It has been comical to talk about the Cavs as even being relevant any more.

Perhaps LaBron's transition next year to another team will be a welcome relief for the Cavs. James is planning ahead.

View user profile

41 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/7/2017, 1:00 am

Perhaps LaBron's transition next year to another team will be a welcome relief for the Cavs. James is planning ahead.

His defense is so atrocious and his insistence to play point guard where he simply is not defending would be an absolute curse on any contending team. The simple truth is that you cannot win with James. Now if they warriors put him on their bench, maybe he could get another ring, but the warriors would be diminished by his addition.

View user profile

42 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/7/2017, 8:54 am

If they were smart they would try to get Avery Bradley from Detroit... he plays both ends.

But defense really needs to be a team commitment... one leak sinks ships.

View user profile

43 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/7/2017, 11:56 am

Btw... Kyrie can actually play defence. It's funny how bad he was on D w LeBron. Must've been contagious.

View user profile

44 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/7/2017, 1:56 pm

Btw... Kyrie can actually play defence. It's funny how bad he was on D w LeBron. Must've been contagious.

Agree. Green, Leonard, Butler, and George are all known for their tough tenacious complete games which means that any team with them on the floor will have a ranked defense. With James playing out of his natural position in his thirties, he loses a step on the first move of a player. Posting up against a big, that step is not so noticeable, but small forwards and guards are easily getting by him and going to the basket or distributing. James because of the way he plays at both ends of the floor is currently a liability to team play. It is alleged that James went to the Cavs to play with Irving. Irving won the title for the cavs. His value is obvious now and last year when I said he was the best player on the Cavs, that was not easily verifiable. This year will prove that he was.

View user profile

45 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/7/2017, 2:21 pm

They would be better w Thomas out there. But ya... this really exposes the underlying facts.

Kyrie was probably altering his D to help compensate.

View user profile

46 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/7/2017, 8:57 pm

I do not get the Ball kid shoplifting in China. I have heard of three year prison sentences for shoplifting in China. I really do not want to wish ill on a young kid because his dad is a dick, but sometimes a life lesson has consequences and if he gets a slap on the wrist, it will just set up more bad behavior.

View user profile

47 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/7/2017, 11:56 pm

The Knicks are playing good ball. Doug McDermott was a number nine I believe draft choice who was making progress in his third year, when the bulls decided to dump all the talent and tank for a draft choice, so OK basically got Gibson and McDermott for nothing, Gibson went to the Wolves as a free agent and is kicking asz, and McDermott was traded to the Knicks with Kanter for Anthony where he slowly is becoming a good fit with Hardaway, Kanter, and Porzingis. Doug got 20 points tonight with around twenty minutes of play time.

With Jackson out of there as management, and the coach running an offense which the players enjoy, New York could be a playoff team as their rookie guard is making great strides. After a decade of absolutely historical weakness in the East, we are finally seeing some talent and teams emerging. This is what makes the NBA so much fun. I will be watching the timberwolves and warriors Wed late, and believe this will be a very important game for thibs and the wolves.

View user profile

48 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/9/2017, 1:53 am

Warriors beat the wolves like a drum. No defense on the wolves bench as they were only one point down at half, but the bench gave up forty points in the third without KD. I think Curry's defense is ignored because of his great shot, but he did a lock down job on Butler tonight. I was impressed.

View user profile

49 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/9/2017, 11:38 pm

Just watched the Cle @ Hou game. Hou is terrible... little d and one dimensional. Hou won.

View user profile

50 Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball on 11/10/2017, 1:32 pm

PkrBum wrote:Just watched the Cle @ Hou game. Hou is terrible... little d and one dimensional. Hou won.

I saw it.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum