Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ahem ....

+4
RealLindaL
Deus X
2seaoat
Sal
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ahem .... Empty Ahem .... 9/24/2017, 8:18 pm

Sal

Sal

But her emails ....

Presidential son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner has corresponded with other administration officials about White House matters through a private email account set up during the transition last December, part of a larger pattern of Trump administration aides using personal email accounts for government business.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/24/jared-kushner-private-email-white-house-243071

2Ahem .... Empty Re: Ahem .... 9/24/2017, 8:35 pm

2seaoat

I am so appalled at what is happening to America, that I probably will not be posting in the political section.  Sometimes the utter horror of what we have become is better suited to be discussed by healthy people.  I really think people can impact their health thinking about the occupant in the White House.

3Ahem .... Empty Re: Ahem .... 9/25/2017, 2:18 am

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:I am so appalled at what is happening to America, that I probably will not be posting in the political section.   

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

4Ahem .... Empty Re: Ahem .... 9/25/2017, 2:21 am

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I really think people can impact their health thinking about the occupant in the White House.

I absolutely agree with this.  My husband and I cannot stand to watch Trump on TV as we can practically feel our BP rising.

And I wouldn't be surprised if many folks' immune systems were negatively affected by the stress of dealing with the reality that this p.o.s. is our supposed leader.

Someday someone will write a book about all this, if they haven't already.

5Ahem .... Empty Re: Ahem .... 9/25/2017, 11:53 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:I am so appalled at what is happening to America, that I probably will not be posting in the political section.  Sometimes the utter horror of what we have become is better suited to be discussed by healthy people.  I really think people can impact their health thinking about the occupant in the White House.

I agree totally. I haven't checked in for quite a while in part because of just feeling overwhelmed by the spinning of events. I see this as Trump's ultimate goal, to keep all the balls in the air and throwing more into the mix every few hours.

As my dad used to say about odd circumstances: "It's a hell of a way to run a railroad!"

After watching Oprah's segment on 60 Minutes last night in which she visited with ten or so people of varying political backgrounds I was even more disturbed. One man said, when asked about the Russia investigation, that he didn't want to hear one thing more about it, that it was water under the bridge, in the past and nothing to do with moving forward. As you can see from his comment Americans are now living in our chosen "information silos" and have become residents of a modern-day Tower of Babble created by designer news outlets and the choices offered on the Internet.

Like climate change, I wonder if we have reached the point of no return. Is it possible to cultivate what used to pass as civilized public discourse?

One participant in Oprah's segment said he loved Trump more and more every day. How is this even possible when the man is tearing apart the very institutional foundations upon which our public life has been based? What will the next president have to do in order to re-establish any respect or credibility to the office of president?  pale

6Ahem .... Empty Re: Ahem .... 9/25/2017, 12:15 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

If all he's able to achieve is to dismantle Obama's executive overreach... I'll consider it good work.

7Ahem .... Empty Re: Ahem .... 9/25/2017, 12:22 pm

bigdog

I've been depressed since the election too, but I'm seeing a little of the silver lining behind the cloud lately. The NFL players and their owners, and even one of the NASCAR drivers yesterday are showing that Donald Trump does not own America, no matter what he thinks. I try to remember that his supporters are still the minority in this country and that if the rest of us would just show up at the polls in a year and one month, we can remove him from his power. We might never be able to get the house back because of gerrymandering, but we can get the Senate back and stop every single thing he tries to do until 2020. I'm not giving up on this country yet. He is still the popular vote loser, as was George W back in 2000. That tells me there are still more good Americans than bad. The system needs changing so that we are ruled by the people again, that's all.

8Ahem .... Empty Re: Ahem .... 9/25/2017, 2:26 pm

Lock him up!

9Ahem .... Empty Re: Ahem .... 9/25/2017, 2:45 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:If all he's able to achieve is to dismantle Obama's executive overreach... I'll consider it good work.

You've driven most of us to a point where we really don't give a shit about what you consider good work.

10Ahem .... Empty Re: Ahem .... 9/25/2017, 2:46 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

bigdog wrote:I've been depressed since the election too, but I'm seeing a little of the silver lining behind the cloud lately. The NFL players and their owners, and even one of the NASCAR drivers yesterday are showing that Donald Trump does not own America, no matter what he thinks. I try to remember that his supporters are still the minority in this country and that if the rest of us would just show up at the polls in a year and one month, we can remove him from his power. We might never be able to get the house back because of gerrymandering, but we can get the Senate back and stop every single thing he tries to do until 2020. I'm not giving up on this country yet. He is still the popular vote loser, as was George W back in 2000. That tells me there are still more good Americans than bad.  The system needs changing so that we are ruled by the people again, that's all.

the system really does need changing for it doesn't work anymore. Good post!

11Ahem .... Empty Re: Ahem .... 9/25/2017, 5:05 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Wordslinger wrote:
bigdog wrote:I've been depressed since the election too, but I'm seeing a little of the silver lining behind the cloud lately. The NFL players and their owners, and even one of the NASCAR drivers yesterday are showing that Donald Trump does not own America, no matter what he thinks. I try to remember that his supporters are still the minority in this country and that if the rest of us would just show up at the polls in a year and one month, we can remove him from his power. We might never be able to get the house back because of gerrymandering, but we can get the Senate back and stop every single thing he tries to do until 2020. I'm not giving up on this country yet. He is still the popular vote loser, as was George W back in 2000. That tells me there are still more good Americans than bad.  The system needs changing so that we are ruled by the people again, that's all.

the system really does need changing for it doesn't work anymore.  Good post!

You can't constantly grow govt and then think that we the people will control it. That's just naive.

12Ahem .... Empty Re: Ahem .... 9/25/2017, 5:30 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

You can't constantly grow govt and then think that we the people will control it. That's just naive.

What should we do then? Buy into the republican trough? And which republicans, considering there are now so many conflicting branches. And your favored team wants to cut benefits to the middle class and poor to line the pockets of the very biggest companies and the ultra rich. You call that progress?

13Ahem .... Empty Re: Ahem .... 9/25/2017, 5:52 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

What should we do then?  Buy into the republican trough?  And which republicans, considering there are now so many conflicting branches.  And your favored team wants to cut benefits to the middle class and poor to line the pockets of the very biggest companies and the ultra rich.  You call that progress?  

I never said that pubs didn't grow govt... though I think that most civilian pubs are usually against it.

14Ahem .... Empty Re: Ahem .... 9/25/2017, 6:05 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

What should we do then?  Buy into the republican trough?  And which republicans, considering there are now so many conflicting branches.  And your favored team wants to cut benefits to the middle class and poor to line the pockets of the very biggest companies and the ultra rich.  You call that progress?  

I never said that pubs didn't grow govt... though I think that most civilian pubs are usually against it.

I suppose most civilian pubs are against growing government unless the subject is a massive tax cut for the wealthy, or the issue is abortion or gay rights, or reducing minority and young voters through "security" schemes and gerrymandering. And you never find a pub -- civilian or otherwise -- who talks about reducing military spending. Reality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum