Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My son is doing well too

+4
Joanimaroni
Telstar
2seaoat
bigdog
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My son is doing well too Empty My son is doing well too 9/22/2017, 9:40 pm

bigdog

Congratulations Hallmark on your son's trophy. I had intended to continue with my ruse for a short wihile longer, but I decided now was a good time to spill the beans. I logged back onto this forum very easily, btw, using my own name and e-mail address. I'm guessing Boards either is no longer the moderator or just doesn't care about the place anymore. If he did, he surely wouldn't have let me back onto the place.
I'm not a bigdog, btw, I'm still a cat. MEOW!!
It's been a good 2 years since I visited, but my ego would not let me stay away. I see Joanie and Pkr are now in the minority here, which does my heart good. After reading about your son's success, I couldn't hold out any longer posting. You see, for years Joanie, Star, and others on these forums ridiculed the fact that my son was a "pizza delivery guy," that his friends were all a bunch of druggies (not true) and basically said he would amount to nothing.
I wanted to catch the place up on what's going on in my life, in case anyone is interested. First of all, my son owns his own business in New Orleans and it's been a runaway success. Here's a link:
http://freezystreetnola.com/
It's the most popular new ice cream shop in the City of New Orleans, often with lines outside the door and over the last 2 months has sold over 75K worth of rolled ice cream products. So much for deriding the pizza guy.
All it takes is a good idea and a little work, plus a good woman by your side. Our daughters are both well too and doing well in their careers. My son-in-law is also well and is a great husband for our little girl. They are both very happy. In fact, they will be enjoying a cruise in the fairly near future.
Big Jim and I are loving life, we've travelled in our camper with our 2 dogs to Canada twice over the last 3 years, from Niagra Falls to Vancouver. We've crossed the country to the Pacific and drove down the beautiful California coast. We are both in excellent health. Life is good, and as my brother loves to say, the best revenge is living well.
So, I'm sure I'll be tossed off here again as soon as Joanie complains, but that's okay. I'm sorry to hear that Bob is gone and that Seaoat is not doing well, also that Z has left the place. However, I'm not sorry to see that Joani is now no longer in control of the opinions of the majority of members on the forum. I'm also not sorry to see that most members of the girl's club that once ruled this place are no longer online. The place is pretty dead and not somewhere I need to be. So, bye again to all of you.

2My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/22/2017, 10:03 pm

2seaoat

There is no job which does not build in some way for the future. It is good your son has found success and I hope happiness. I hope we do not start bickering again about old wounds. I always stayed out of it, and I so appreciate hearing positive stories about families. Stay positive and enjoy your life and family.

3My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/22/2017, 10:29 pm

bigdog

I don't plan to cause any trouble on here, but I also don't expect to Not be banned again, which is fine with me. I'm sorry to read that your illness does not seem to be going well,, you have always been a reasonable and informative member of the forums. I know you have never taken sides in any of the arguments on here.
I have a lot of respect for you because that has not always been easy to do.

4My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/22/2017, 10:52 pm

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:Congratulations Hallmark on your son's trophy. I had intended to continue with my ruse for a short wihile longer, but I decided now was a good time to spill the beans. I logged back onto this forum very easily, btw, using my own name and e-mail address. I'm guessing Boards either is no longer the moderator or just doesn't care about the place anymore.  If he did, he surely wouldn't have let me back onto the place.
I'm not a bigdog, btw, I'm still a cat.    MEOW!!
It's been a good 2 years since I visited, but my ego would not let me stay away. I see Joanie and Pkr are now in the minority here, which does my heart good. After reading about your son's success, I couldn't hold out any longer posting. You see, for years Joanie, Star, and others on these forums ridiculed the fact that my son was a "pizza delivery guy," that his friends were all a bunch of druggies (not true) and basically said he would amount to nothing.
I wanted to catch the place up on what's going on in my life, in case anyone is interested. First of all, my son owns his own business in New Orleans and it's been a runaway success. Here's a link:
It's the most popular new ice cream shop in the City of New Orleans, often with lines outside the door and over the last 2 months has sold over 75K worth of rolled ice cream products. So much for deriding the pizza guy.
All it takes is a good idea and a little work, plus a good woman by your side. Our daughters are both well too and doing well in their careers. My son-in-law is also well and is a great husband for our little girl. They are both very happy. In fact, they will be enjoying a cruise in the fairly near future.
Big Jim and I are loving  life, we've travelled in our camper with our 2 dogs to Canada twice over the last 3 years, from Niagra Falls to Vancouver. We've crossed the country to the Pacific and drove down the beautiful California coast. We are both in excellent health. Life is good, and as my brother loves to say, the best revenge is living well.
So, I'm sure I'll be tossed off here again as soon as Joanie complains, but that's okay. I'm sorry to hear that Bob is gone and that Seaoat is not doing well, also that Z has left the place. However, I'm not sorry to see that Joani is now no longer in control of the opinions of the majority of members on the forum. I'm also not sorry to see that most members of the girl's club that once ruled this place are no longer online. The place is pretty dead and not somewhere I need to be. So, bye again to all of you.

Joani is a moderator. She banned me for posting nude pictures of the FLOTUS but Boards allowed me back. She's convinced that I'm Bill Moore. That bothered me at first but now I laugh it off. Were you related to Neko? BTW Zman passed away.

5My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/22/2017, 11:16 pm

bigdog

Yes, I was Neko's sister-in-law. I took no joy in her passing, though I'm sure a lot of people on here think I had a party when it happened. My husband, her half-brother, and I learned about it from reading this forum. When Joanie started talking about having a "friend" who was very ill, we figured it must have been Neko. When she passed, her brother found out about it because it was mentioned on these forums. Then someone who knew her as a child posted it on Facebook and my sister called us to verify that it was in fact Neko who had died.
This was not the first, nor was it the last, family passing that we were not notified of because of a stupid family feud. I'm not here to rehash that, just to say that my son has made a good life for himself. There were people on here that had many, many negative comments to make about him and I'm happy to report to them that he is doing spectacularly well in New Orleans with his new business and with a good woman by his side. If that's gloating, then so be it. The comments about my children made on here were really the only things that ever bothered me. I'm happy to inform the people who made those comments of how wrong they were. I guess that's what I'm here again for. Mothers never get over attacks against their kids. That's one thing for certain.

I'm sorry to hear that Z passed away. I never knew exactly who he was but he sent me a message once saying one of his kids knew my son, from high school I guess. He was a smart guy. Health wise, it seems like a lot of people who used to be on here are now gone. Of course, a lot of us weren't spring chickens to begin with.

6My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/22/2017, 11:27 pm

bigdog

LOL- just realized you said Joanie was a mod. Well, now I'm sure I'll be kicked off by tomorrow.
No shame even if you were Bill Moore, in my opinion. But your style is nothing like his, so I don't know why she would think that you were.

7My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/22/2017, 11:37 pm

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:LOL- just realized you said Joanie was a  mod. Well, now I'm sure I'll be kicked off by tomorrow.
No shame even if you were Bill Moore, in my opinion. But your style is nothing like his, so I don't know why she would think that you were.

She seems obsessed with Bill. I wasn't posting here much until the Markle poll but I've picked up some of the past in the back pages. Some people called Joanie and Neko the mean girls. I can only go by what I found in the back pages but Neko never seemed to go out of her way to be mean.

8My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/22/2017, 11:45 pm

Telstar

Telstar

9My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/22/2017, 11:54 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Telstar wrote:
bigdog wrote:Congratulations Hallmark on your son's trophy. I had intended to continue with my ruse for a short wihile longer, but I decided now was a good time to spill the beans. I logged back onto this forum very easily, btw, using my own name and e-mail address. I'm guessing Boards either is no longer the moderator or just doesn't care about the place anymore.  If he did, he surely wouldn't have let me back onto the place.
Big Jim and I are loving  life, we've travelled in our camper with our 2 dogs to Canada twice over the last 3 years, from Niagra Falls to Vancouver. We've crossed the country to the Pacific and drove down the beautiful California coast. We are both in excellent health. Life is good, and as my brother loves to say, the best revenge is living well.

Joani is a moderator. She banned me for posting nude pictures of the FLOTUS but Boards allowed me back. She's convinced that I'm Bill Moore. That bothered me at first but now I laugh it off. Were you related to Neko? BTW Zman passed away.

You were banned after you reposted the nude picture for the THIRD TIME! You also made it your avatar. Boards removed it. You've always been a liar.

10My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/23/2017, 12:01 am

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:

You were banned after you reposted the nude picture for the THIRD TIME! You also made it your avatar. Boards removed it. You've always been a liar.

Boards restored my account. If you want to know what a liar is look in the mirror. Boards told me to stop posting them and I haven't since.

11My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/23/2017, 12:11 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Telstar wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Boards restored my account. If you want to know what a liar is look in the mirror. Boards told me to stop posting them and I haven't since.

You continued to post the nude photos after I deleted them. You then chose to be an asshole and make the nude your avatar. The only way for me to remove your avatar was to BAN you. I have no problem with what I did.

12My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/23/2017, 12:26 am

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:

You continued to post the nude photos after I deleted them. You then chose to be an asshole and make the nude your avatar. The only way for me to remove your avatar was to BAN you. I have no problem with what I did.

I guess Boards did because he restored my account. You had problems with me since the poll to ban Markle. That's when you first started calling me Bill.

13My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/23/2017, 8:12 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

I'm glad that your family is doing well.

14My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/23/2017, 8:45 am

dumpcare

Went to that website, a few months back I believe on Good Morning America they interviewed some guy in N.Y. that either started this or had a fairly decent operation on the streets of N.Y. It is very successful.

15My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/23/2017, 11:07 am

bigdog

My son's place actually got a picture of their  logo  on the GMA show that you're talking about. People are flocking to all the stores that sell this product because it's new and it's what people want nowadays. The flavors are all natural, no preservatives, and you can watch them add your fresh bananas, strawberries, blueberries, or whatever while you wait. They even had a special a couple of weeks ago which contained wedding cake ice cream with a fresh baked almond cake mixed into the cream. They sold like a hundred cups before running out of the almond cake. I wish we had one of these shops  here in Pensacola. I think there might be one in Destin but that's a long way away too.
Pkr, thank you.  I hope you are doing well too.

My son and his girlfriend got the idea to start the store from the one in NYC. She is from Queens and they ate there when they visited at Christmas.

16My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/23/2017, 11:58 am

Telstar

Telstar

Bigdog is it true that this feud between you and Neko caused the PNJ board to shut down for a while so it was carried over to another Florida forum that caused an uproar there too?

17My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/23/2017, 1:14 pm

2seaoat

I always smile a little bit when the kid in class who the teachers and everybody in the town felt would never achieve anything becomes happy and successful. I think the most important part of that process is being happy with any job you do and learn and feel good about yourself. In the end, America was built on folks who migrated here and whose societies usually felt that those people were marginal and would never amount to anything. My brother was that kid who was hyperactive and a discipline problem during his entire school experience, and he is retiring from a company he built which had 110 employees and did 26 million a year business. He was the kid who was in the garage with his dragster at 10 pm blasting away as neighborhood windows rattled and they called the police. Now he sits in one of the most exclusive gated communities in America called Desert Mountain living in a 13k square foot home with an elevator and has 7 grandchildren while the folks who said he would never amount to anything eat crow. Cherish every moment and learn.

18My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/23/2017, 4:34 pm

Hallmarkgard

Here is pic of me...LOL  Of course I was little younger then... Kst in Pensacola around 1943  My son is doing well too 1zgg3t5

19My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/23/2017, 7:15 pm

bigdog

Telstar: I really don't want to discuss the feud anymore. It's in the past and needs to remain there. Yes, it shut down the forum here, but I didn't go to another forum in South Florida and post anything. I heard someone say it went down there but I never knew what that was all about. Whatever it did cause,  it was too much and cost a lot of life's time that could have been spent in better ways, by both me and Neko. It should have never started and things would have been much better.
Hubby and I went down to Navarre today to visit my daughter and decided to check out another one of the rolled ice cream shops. It's called IC Station. Much smaller than the one my son owns in N.O., but I have to admit it was good. Not nearly as many toppings and extras as Freezy Street either. It seemed to be doing good business for the size of shop it was, which is pretty small. Here's a picture from Freezy Street taken about 4 PM today.My son is doing well too Img_3110

20My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/23/2017, 8:48 pm

2seaoat

I love little Hallmark. You can tell the love which guided his life.

Neko, was my friend. She loved to attack me, but only in the sense that I am an arrogant prick at times and she loved to take her time and research and knock me on my butt. She always did it with humor and determination. I miss her. I am glad you have put things in the past. I was extremely sad when she was struggling with her lung issues, and like Bob, Z, T, retired Leo, and so many others it is hard to lose people you never met but have conversed with for a decade. Hell high school is only 12 years of school and I have been on the PNJ since 2004. I know it is much more difficult to post now, and sometimes I will not be posting for a period of time, but keeping things positive is a good first step to make this place more user friendly.

21My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/23/2017, 9:10 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I love little Hallmark.  You can tell the love which guided his life.

Neko, was my friend.  She loved to attack me, but only in the sense that I am an arrogant prick at times and she loved to take her time and research and knock me on my butt.  She always did it with humor and determination.  I miss her.  I am glad you have put things in the past.  I was extremely sad when she was struggling with her lung issues, and like Bob, Z, T, retired Leo, and so many others it is hard to lose people you never met but have conversed with for a decade.  Hell high school is only 12 years of school and I have been on the PNJ since 2004.  I know it is much more difficult to post now, and sometimes I will not be posting for a period of time, but keeping things positive is a good first step to make this place more user friendly.

I look forward to your posts.

22My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/23/2017, 9:14 pm

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:Telstar: I really don't want to discuss the feud anymore. It's in the past and needs to remain there. Yes, it shut down the forum here, but I didn't go to another forum in South Florida and post anything. I heard someone say it went down there but I never knew what that was all about. Whatever it did cause,  it was too much and cost a lot of life's time that could have been spent in better ways, by both me and Neko. It should have never started and things would have been much better.
Hubby and I went down to Navarre today to visit my daughter and decided to check out another one of the rolled ice cream shops. It's called IC Station. Much smaller than the one my son owns in N.O., but I have to admit it was good. Not nearly as many toppings and extras as Freezy Street either. It seemed to be doing good business for the size of shop it was, which is pretty small. Here's a picture from Freezy Street taken about 4 PM today.My son is doing well too Img_3110

It resulted in the creation of two or maybe three offshoot forums like this one, all dark now. They talked about what they called the P cooter invasion for years. Glad to hear your son's business is doing good.

23My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/26/2017, 5:22 am

Vikingwoman

bigdog wrote:Yes, I was Neko's sister-in-law. I took no joy in her passing, though I'm sure a lot of people on here think I had a party when it happened. My husband, her half-brother, and I learned about it from reading this forum. When Joanie started talking about having a "friend" who was very ill, we figured it must have been Neko. When she passed, her brother found out about it because it was mentioned on these forums. Then someone who knew her as a child posted it on Facebook and my sister called us to verify that it was in fact Neko who had died.
This was not the first, nor was it the last, family passing that we were not notified of because of a stupid family feud. I'm not here to rehash that, just to say that my son has made a good life for himself. There were people on here that had many, many negative comments to make about him and I'm happy to report to them that he is doing spectacularly well in New Orleans with his new business and with a good woman by his side. If that's gloating, then so be it. The comments about my children made on here were really the only things that ever bothered me. I'm happy to inform the people who made those comments of how wrong they were. I guess that's what I'm here again for. Mothers never get over attacks against their kids. That's one thing for certain.

I'm sorry to hear that Z passed away. I never knew exactly who he was but he sent me a message once saying one of his kids knew my son, from high school I guess. He was a smart guy. Health wise, it seems like a lot of people who used to be on here are now gone.  Of course, a lot of us weren't spring chickens to begin with.

I remember you and you're right this is not where you should be. You were one of the most disliked members on the forum and caused a lot of problems and no doubt haven't changed a bit. So I wouldn't imagine coming back and trying to gloat means anything to anyone. Neko was a fine person and her passing was a sorrowful event here. Those of us who were here back then know your sordid family history and how you treated her so take off back to your phony "good" life. You'll get no revenge here.

24My son is doing well too Empty Re: My son is doing well too 9/26/2017, 11:58 am

bigdog

I remember you too, though you went by a different name then. Hey, I'm not hiding who I am and I logged in with my own e-mail address. the mods are free to ban me at any time, I honestly don't care. I haven't been on this forum for 3 to four years, that's how addicted I am to any internet forum. Life is real, this is entertainment.
You have your opinion of Neko who you knew on an internet forum for 10 years. You may have even met her when she came to Pensacola and called meetings of some other forum members because  She had an agenda.   I have my opinion of her based on knowing her as a family member since she was 8 years old and as a person since she was 5. She was very bright and had a good sense of humor. She was flower girl at my wedding.  She could be a lot of fun to be around when she was in a good mood. At one point in life, we were the best of friends.  (This was in "real life", not on an internet forum.) Otherwise, I'm not commenting on the other side of her  that I also  knew EXTREMELY  well.   I haven't come on here with any criticizing of the deceased. But you're not a mod, and if they want me off, they have the mechanism to kick me off. I'm not sure you do. Go talk to them, not me. And just an aside you mentioned my "sordid" family history. In all the history of my family only one family member was ever arrested-that's in the entire history of my family as far back as our geneology can be traced. My parents were married 37 years before my dad died, I've been married 46 and only ONE member of our family has even been divorced. Not a single child out of wedlock, btw. So I have to assume your definition of "sordid" is from my having been raised in Brownsville. That's your social-status mental hang-up lady, not mine. If I were ashamed, I'd never mention it. I'm not ashamed of much of anything that I can think of.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum