This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Solar eclipse on Monday

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Solar eclipse on Monday on 8/20/2017, 6:02 pm

asciighost wrote:
2seaoat wrote:When I experienced a full eclipse as a child it was one of those moments in your life which is seared into your memory.  You think about what ancient people thought when these events happened.

Amazing how people love to think about a world without Jesus. As if he is guilty for all the failures of men/women organizing religions for power.

View user profile

27 Re: Solar eclipse on Monday on 8/20/2017, 8:56 pm

I wonder what dogs and cats will think tomorrow during the eclipse?
I wonder what they think about even when there is no eclipse?

View user profile

28 Re: Solar eclipse on Monday on 8/20/2017, 9:13 pm

bigdog wrote:I wonder what dogs and cats will think tomorrow during the eclipse?

How can they actually think, in our sense of the word, with no language? Think about it. lol

View user profile

29 Re: Solar eclipse on Monday on 8/20/2017, 10:40 pm

language is not a prerequisite of thought......we have plenty of examples.

View user profile

30 Re: Solar eclipse on Monday on 8/21/2017, 12:06 am

bigdog wrote:I wonder what dogs and cats will think tomorrow during the eclipse?

View user profile

31 Re: Solar eclipse on Monday on 8/21/2017, 12:12 am

RealLindaL wrote:

How can they actually think, in our sense of the word, with no language?  Think about it.  lol

View user profile

32 Re: Solar eclipse on Monday on 8/21/2017, 1:10 am

2seaoat wrote:language is not a prerequisite of thought......we have plenty of examples.

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2002/03/scientists-think-that-animals-think/

For some people, such research will not provide a satisfactory answer to the question: Do animals really think? These people define thinking as having a sense of self, beliefs that go beyond raw perceptions, emotions such as empathy, and the ability to imagine a situation remote in time and place and predict an outcome.

“Those capabilities cannot be illuminated by brain scanning,” Hauser admits. “But experiments using other techniques are beginning to shed light on what kinds of perceptual and computation skills animals bring to analyzing the world, and in what ways these skills are different from our own.”

View user profile

33 Re: Solar eclipse on Monday on 8/21/2017, 1:37 am

RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:language is not a prerequisite of thought......we have plenty of examples.

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2002/03/scientists-think-that-animals-think/

For some people, such research will not provide a satisfactory answer to the question: Do animals really think? These people define thinking as having a sense of self, beliefs that go beyond raw perceptions, emotions such as empathy, and the ability to imagine a situation remote in time and place and predict an outcome.

“Those capabilities cannot be illuminated by brain scanning,” Hauser admits. “But experiments using other techniques are beginning to shed light on what kinds of perceptual and computation skills animals bring to analyzing the world, and in what ways these skills are different from our own.”

View user profile

34 Re: Solar eclipse on Monday on 8/21/2017, 8:28 am

We are fortunate in that we are located in the path of 100% totality for a whopping 2:40 today . . . . going out with friends on Barkley Lake and tie up in a bay with a fairly large group of friends . . . . gonna be hot today so lots of water and Gatorade and enjoy the moment . . . . . something to remember for sure.

View user profile

35 Re: Solar eclipse on Monday on 8/21/2017, 9:43 am

Well, we've just been informed that the eclipse... IS THE WORK OF SATAN!

COOL! Now I'm even more interested!

View user profile

36 Re: Solar eclipse on Monday on 8/21/2017, 9:50 am

zsomething wrote:Well, we've just been informed that the eclipse... IS THE WORK OF SATAN!

COOL!  Now I'm even more interested!  

Imagine that. With all the time satan spends working with president death, he still has time to spend on the eclipse. sunny

View user profile

37 Re: Solar eclipse on Monday on 8/21/2017, 9:53 am

SAAaatAn? Don't worry... just sacrifice a pokemon on your phone to block possession.

View user profile

38 Re: Solar eclipse on Monday on 8/21/2017, 9:54 am

Telstar wrote:

Imagine that. With all the time satan spends working with president death, he still has time to spend on the eclipse. sunny

And between all that time he spends hiding dinosaur bones to test people's faith! He's a busy fella. He's done a lot in the 6,000 years since the universe was created!

View user profile

39 Re: Solar eclipse on Monday on 8/21/2017, 10:07 am

zsomething wrote:
Telstar wrote:

And between all that time he spends hiding dinosaur bones to test people's faith!  He's a busy fella.   He's done a lot in the 6,000 years since the universe was created!

He has the whole world in his claws.

View user profile

40 Re: Solar eclipse on Monday on 8/21/2017, 11:32 am

A very cloudy and overcast day here in Illinois. All I will see is it darken, and then lighten up again......bummer.

View user profile

42 Re: Solar eclipse on Monday on 8/21/2017, 3:56 pm

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum