This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Shaken Baby Case is on trial now

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1 Shaken Baby Case is on trial now on 8/9/2017, 7:11 am

The newspaper said the baby had bruises on his body?

View user profile
Vikingwoman wrote:The newspaper said the baby had bruises on his body?

I saw that..bruising was not listed in the police report. That would be listed in the medical records in the physical examination.

View user profile
I would be skeptical of one thing the medical personnel of that hospital have to say. None of the tissue was saved for pathology......because that was the policy of the hospital......holy chit. Over three years in jail, and they are not saving tissue in a murder case. I have very strong feelings on how Bob and T were treated by docs from that hospital which deal with brains. Disgusted.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:I would be skeptical of one thing the medical personnel of that hospital have to say.   None of the tissue was saved for pathology......because that was the policy of the hospital......holy chit.  Over three years in jail, and they are not saving tissue in a murder case.  I have very strong feelings on how Bob and T were treated by docs from that hospital which deal with brains.  Disgusted.

Where did you get your information.

View user profile
I almost went over to watch the trial today but decided not to. I may go tomorrow. After reading about the Jackie Passmore case of the young girl who was convicted of Aggravated Manslaughter of her mother. I don't have much faith in any Santa Rosa trials. That mother died of acute pneumonia and they convicted that girl w/ neglect as a contributing factor when she had heart disease also.

View user profile
Vikingwoman wrote:I almost went over to watch the trial today but decided not to. I may go tomorrow. After reading about the Jackie Passmore case of the young girl who was convicted of Aggravated Manslaughter of her mother.  I don't have much faith in any Santa Rosa trials. That mother died of acute pneumonia and they convicted that girl w/ neglect as a contributing factor when she had heart disease also.
Is that the woman that weighed 58 pounds?

View user profile
Yes, she had been to the hospital 6 months before for weight loss. The girl had gotten diapers and Ensure from DCF but nobody apparently checked on the woman. The girl was woefully unprepared to care for a stroke victim and should have never been left to do that. What a life she inherited.

View user profile
She also argued the tissue removed from beneath Brodie's skull should have been sent to pathology to be assessed, but instead it was likely thrown out, which Raybon said goes directly against Sacred Heart's policies.

PNJ

The rush to judgment and no pathology of the tissue? I wish I could attend this trial because but for the grace of God anyone of us could be facing this Kangaroo medical expertise and a rush to judgment.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:She also argued the tissue removed from beneath Brodie's skull should have been sent to pathology to be assessed, but instead it was likely thrown out, which Raybon said goes directly against Sacred Heart's policies.

PNJ

The  rush to judgment and no pathology of the tissue? I wish I could attend this trial because but for the grace of God anyone of us could be facing this Kangaroo  medical expertise and a rush to judgment.

Do you actually believe the tissue was just tossed into the kick bucket and discarded after surgery? Totally and completely against standards.

View user profile

10 Re: Shaken Baby Case is on trial now on 8/9/2017, 9:17 pm

Where is the tissue for real experts to analyze? Three years sitting in jail because of a rush to judgment. Tip of the iceberg. I wish I could attend.

View user profile

11 Re: Shaken Baby Case is on trial now on 8/9/2017, 9:23 pm

2seaoat wrote:Where is the tissue for real experts to analyze?   Three years sitting in jail because of a rush to judgment.  Tip of the iceberg.  I wish I could attend.

Lol.... real experts? I asked you if you actually believe tissue was just tossed in the garbage?

We are so Podunk....when we amputated legs we just "threw em" in the corner and the circulating nurse tossed in the garbage can....good grief Seaoat.

View user profile

12 Re: Shaken Baby Case is on trial now on 8/9/2017, 9:33 pm

Then please tell the defense team where the tissue is?

View user profile

13 Re: Shaken Baby Case is on trial now on 8/9/2017, 9:36 pm

Well, the paper is saying the neurosurgeon is giving conflicting accounts. First there was a quarter sized bruise and then there was the whole left side? Dr. Rafai said the retinal hemorrhages could only be from non accidental trauma? Hmm? So the force of a car accident forcing the head at a violent speed would not cause hemorrhaging? I think I may go tomorrow and watch.

View user profile

14 Re: Shaken Baby Case is on trial now on 8/9/2017, 9:38 pm

We are so Podunk.

Take it from somebody who is going to die because of medical error that yes.....most local health facilities are way below the standards of regional hospitals.

My local hospital removed my Gall Bladder during Katrina and the surgeon noted that the gall bladder was diseased, but no tissue samples were saved for pathology to determine the type of disease on the Gall Bladder.....Podunk would be polite. These people without proper expert certification made declarations about this case without pathology of the tissue. Some people should lose their licenses. They will not, because tv commercials convince local people all across the country that local hospitals are nationally recognized.....they are not for a reason.

View user profile

15 Re: Shaken Baby Case is on trial now on 8/9/2017, 9:41 pm

I think I may go tomorrow and watch.
Please do and post what the State's evidence is and what cross was....

View user profile

16 Re: Shaken Baby Case is on trial now on 8/9/2017, 10:10 pm

Vikingwoman wrote:Well, the paper is saying the neurosurgeon is giving conflicting accounts. First there was a quarter sized bruise and then there was the whole left side? Dr. Rafai said the retinal hemorrhages could only be from non accidental trauma? Hmm? So the force of a car accident forcing the head at a violent speed would not cause hemorrhaging? I think I may go tomorrow and watch.


I don't think a car accident would cause hemorrhage in both eyes and detached retinas. Hemorrhage would come from forceful repetitive damage to the brain.

View user profile

17 Re: Shaken Baby Case is on trial now on 8/9/2017, 10:28 pm

http://www.npr.org/2011/06/29/137471992/rethinking-shaken-baby-syndrome

View user profile

18 Re: Shaken Baby Case is on trial now on 8/9/2017, 10:37 pm

Even if she did shake the child murder seems to be an excessive charge?

View user profile

19 Re: Shaken Baby Case is on trial now on 8/9/2017, 10:45 pm

I read about this Dr. he reviews wrongfully charged cases now and he is 100.

View user profile

20 Re: Shaken Baby Case is on trial now on 8/10/2017, 6:28 pm

Did anybody attend?

View user profile

21 Re: Shaken Baby Case is on trial now on 8/10/2017, 8:38 pm

No, I didn't get to go as something came up today but I did send the reporter at the PNJ an email asking her to cover the details more clearly of the states evidence as people were following this case. She talked of contusions,bruising and hemorrhaging but nothing specific. So now the child had a contusion?

View user profile

22 Re: Shaken Baby Case is on trial now on 8/10/2017, 9:19 pm

I so wanted to attend, but am simply too weak to travel right now. I sent a message to one area online news source who has not even bothered to cover the trial. A woman sits in jail for three years having served her community as the number 2 volunteer fireman in East Milton, and this is how she is treated. No bail, murder, indictment without pathology, and I am saving the best part because even though I am a ghost, if I made the allegations I have heard from the family there would be an uproar. This is not right.

View user profile

23 Re: Shaken Baby Case is on trial now on 8/10/2017, 9:37 pm

I can tell you from personal experience of working w/ local law enforcement here they're not very bright.They can't figure out what happened to the child so they just blame it on the last person who cared for the child. I would not be surprised that that child fell and hit his head. There is no clear science on these kind of injuries and speculation is what they have at best. Dr. Rafai saying it was non accidental is pretty damning but is it accurate?

View user profile

24 Re: Shaken Baby Case is on trial now on 8/10/2017, 9:42 pm

Just got a response from the PNJ reporter. She said most of the testimony has been from Drs. so far saying the injury was non accidental. No testimony of what happened to the child earlier in the day. They don't have enough people to send one " from gavel to gavel".

View user profile

25 Re: Shaken Baby Case is on trial now on 8/10/2017, 10:13 pm

Thanks for the update

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum