This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Up Next Bald Head Fixes the Hell out of Debt Ceiling

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Well probably not next but coming in September.
Let's see, how have the republicans felt about this for the last 8 years? Anyone remember?
Don't worry if there's one thing trump knows it's how to default.

View user profile
I don't think they'll close down the government again. They're already nervous about 2018.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
del.capslock wrote:I don't think they'll close down the government again. They're already nervous about 2018.

You haven't come to terms with the level of dysfunction in the Republican House.

Paul Ryan faces a choice of watching his party cannibalize itself if he tries to raise the debt ceiling with his fatally fractured caucus, or supplicating himself at the feet of Nancy Pelosi which may very well end in his being tarred and feathered and ridden out on a rail.

Invest in popcorn futures.

Everything to this point has been but a warmup act to what will go down in the next few months.

View user profile
I most wonder if they'll throw more subsidy to obamacaid. When do you stop bailing a sinking ship?

View user profile
During the debt ceiling debate, I challenge every Democrat to make insane demands while wearing a Mitch McConnell mask.  Driftglass

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:I most wonder if they'll throw more subsidy to obamacaid. When do you stop bailing a sinking ship?

Prolly a better investment to throw money at Trump's big beautiful solar wall with the magnificent door in it, eh dumbass?

Who needs healthcare?

Returns on investments are for suckers.

View user profile
Sal wrote:Everything to this point has been but a warmup act to what will go down in the next few months.

Sal, you said something similar recently -- about something going down between Labor Day and Halloween -- is this all your personal supposition, wishful thinking, or do you know something we don't know?

View user profile
Sooo... he'll be out of office by Halloween?

Lol... silly comrades.

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:
Sal wrote:Everything to this point has been but a warmup act to what will go down in the next few months.

Sal, you said something similar recently -- about something going down between Labor Day and Halloween -- is this all your personal supposition, wishful thinking, or do you know something we don't know?

It's anything but wishful thinking.

I believe this has real potential to be disastrous for our nation, but you only have to look a little on down the tracks to see the cliff quickly approaching.

Healthcare reform is dead - even Republicans in Congress are acknowledging that fact.

He has no realistic path forward on tax reform.

The Republicans will be incapable of raising the debt ceiling and the country will be in danger of defaulting on its debts causing a global recession.

The Republicans won't be capable of passing a budget and won't be capable of passing a continuing resolution, so the government will be in danger of shutting down.

Watch what happens to the party when its leaders need to go to the Democrats for help and get no help or cover from a White House that has no understanding of practical, political realities.

The President*'s agenda is DOA and his support is about to become non-existent in DC.

This will all happen before even mentioning the indictments that Mueller is undoubtedly preparing when you see who he is hiring.

This will all happen before the crisis that is percolating on the Korean peninsula comes to a full boil.

We can have no expectations that this President* will act in any way responsibly to any of these unfolding events.

We are staring in the face a full blown constitutional crisis the likes of which this country has never even contemplated.

Folks like Pkr can smirk and obfuscate, but Trump apologists will soon have to own the smoldering corpse of this abortion of a Presidency*.

The shit is about to hit the fan.

View user profile
Sal wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Sal wrote:Everything to this point has been but a warmup act to what will go down in the next few months.

Sal, you said something similar recently -- about something going down between Labor Day and Halloween -- is this all your personal supposition, wishful thinking, or do you know something we don't know?

It's anything but wishful thinking.

I believe this has real potential to be disastrous for our nation, but you only have to look a little on down the tracks to see the cliff quickly approaching.

Healthcare reform is dead - even Republicans in Congress are acknowledging that fact.

He has no realistic path forward on tax reform.

The Republicans will be incapable of raising the debt ceiling and the country will be in danger of defaulting on its debts causing a global recession.

The Republicans won't be capable of passing a budget and won't be capable of passing a continuing resolution, so the government will be in danger of shutting down.

Watch what happens to the party when its leaders need to go to the Democrats for help and get no help or cover from a White House that has no understanding of practical, political realities.

The President*'s agenda is DOA and his support is about to become non-existent in DC.

This will all happen before even mentioning the indictments that Mueller is undoubtedly preparing when you see who he is hiring.

This will all happen before the crisis that is percolating on the Korean peninsula comes to a full boil.

We can have no expectations that this President* will act in any way responsibly to any of these unfolding events.

We are staring in the face a full blown constitutional crisis the likes of which this country has never even contemplated.

Folks like Pkr can smirk and obfuscate, but Trump apologists will soon have to own the smoldering corpse of this abortion of a Presidency*.

The shit is about to hit the fan.

I like your take on the current situation. I would add a bit more conjecture re the constitutional crises, which seems likely.

Trump's erratic presidency has united congress across party lines (see new law restricting the president's ability to lift sanctions on Russia without the approval from congress). Just yesterday we see reports of General McMasters apparently being flabbergasted by the president's reaction to his latest briefing and having to take a long solitary walk to clear his head.

I think most in congress and the military actually have the best interests of the country in mind and are pledged to uphold the Constitution. Our hope now, as I see it is in the sober reaction of congress, the military leaders and perhaps too, the courts to keep the country from falling into chaos in the streets. Every time the president makes some outrageous comment/tweet it further erodes what's left of his credibility. I would not be surprised if contingency plans abound among patriotic Americans in DC.

It would not surprise me to see Democrats and Republicans joining to raise the debt ceiling thereby taking yet another "crises" off the table. The term debt crises misleads many to conjure up the idea of spending more money rather than what it actually is, which is an acknowledgment that we need to pay the bills we are already obligated to pay, not authorize more spending. Do you think most Americans are capable of understanding that if it were presented often enough?

It might take Mueller a very long time to complete his investigation. It will be the last straw in this so called administration when it comes out but maybe Trump will be gone before that happens. I was thinking he would be leaving around Thanksgiving but I'll sure take your Halloween date!

View user profile
Here are some transcripts of Trump calls to foreign leaders. Just in case anyone is still under the delusion that this petulant child is any kind of negotiator. He's so outmatched it's insane, and thinks whining like a brat about "how bad this will make me look" is a negotiating point. "How it makes him look" is a priority to him but nobody else gives a shit.

We are in deep, deep trouble with this child at the helm. People being in denial about that isn't going to help them.

View user profile
othershoe1030 wrote:I was thinking he would be leaving around Thanksgiving but I'll sure take your Halloween date!

Never said he'd be leaving by Halloween.

I said the shit is really going to hit the fan between Labor Day and Halloween.

He will lose all support in DC and a wide swath of the country, but it remains to be seen whether or not his addle-brained supporters can respond to reason.

I am thoroughly convinced that he cannot and will fight and lash out in unpredictable and dangerous ways in an attempt to hold onto power.

It will be a precarious time for out nation.

View user profile
Sal wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:I was thinking he would be leaving around Thanksgiving but I'll sure take your Halloween date!

Never said he'd be leaving by Halloween.

I said the shit is really going to hit the fan between Labor Day and Halloween.

He will lose all support in DC and a wide swath of the country, but it remains to be seen whether or not his addle-brained supporters can respond to reason.

I am thoroughly convinced that he cannot and will fight and lash out in unpredictable and dangerous ways in an attempt to hold onto power.

It will be a precarious time for out nation.

The Russia sanctions bill also included sanctions against N Korea and Iran. Trump has already accused Iran of "violating the spirit" of that agreement. The anniversary of the Iran agreement that lifted sanctions against Iran is October 8. Trump may think that starting a war with Iran will save his presidency.

View user profile
Sanctions were increased because of a provocative missile test. Only fools ever thght they would.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-slaps-iran-with-more-sanctions-after-rocket-launch-into-space/

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum