This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

WSJ editorial by Kimberley A Strassel--"Who Paid for the Trump Dossier?"

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]



This is the kind of misinformation and disinformation that passes for content at today's WSJ. I saw it originally on FB. She never says that Fusion GPS was originally hired by Republicans during the primaries...and no one seems to know who hired them. This is the current spin on Russiagate, and it stinks to high heaven.



“It has been 10 days since Democrats
received the glorious news that Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley would
require Donald Trump Jr. and Paul Manafort to explain their meeting with
Russian operators at Trump Tower last year. The left was salivating at the
prospect of watching two Trump insiders being grilled about Russian “collusion”
under the klieg lights.

Yet Democrats now have meekly and
noiselessly retreated, agreeing to let both men speak to the committee in
private. Why would they so suddenly be willing to let go of this moment of
political opportunity?

Fusion GPS. That’s the opporesearch
outfit behind the infamous and discredited “Trump dossier,” ginned up by a
former British spook. Fusion cofounder Glenn Simpson also was supposed to
testify at the Grassley hearing, where he might have been asked in public to
reveal who hired him to put together the hit job on Mr. Trump, which was based
largely on anonymous Russian sources. Turns out Democrats are willing to give
up just about anything—including their Manafort moment—to protect Mr. Simpson
from having to answer that question.

What if, all this time, Washington
and the media have had the Russia collusion story backward? What if it wasn’t
the Trump campaign playing footsie with the Vladimir Putin regime, but
Democrats? The more we learn about Fusion, the more this seems a possibility.

We know Fusion is a for hire
political outfit, paid to dig up dirt on targets. This column first outed
Fusion in 2012, detailing its efforts to tar a Mitt Romney donor. At the time
Fusion insisted that the donor was “a legitimate subject of public records
research.”

Mr. Grassley’s call for testimony
has uncovered more such stories. Thor Halvorssen, a prominent human-rights
activist, has submitted sworn testimony outlining a Fusion attempt to undercut
his investigation of Venezuelan corruption. Mr. Halvorssen claims Fusion
“devised smear campaigns, prepared dossiers containing false information,” and
“carefully placed slanderous news items” to malign him and his activity.

William Browder, a banker who has
worked to expose Mr. Putin’s crimes, testified to the Grassley committee on
Thursday that he was the target of a similar campaign, saying that Fusion “spread
false information” about him and his efforts. Fusion has admitted it was hired
by a law firm representing a Russian company called Prevezon.

Prevezon employed one of the Russian
operators who were at Trump Tower last year. The other Russian who attended
that meeting, Rinat Akhmetshin, is a former Soviet counterintelligence officer.
He has acknowledged in court documents that he makes his career out of
opposition research, the same work Fusion does. And that he’s often hired by
Kremlin-connected Russians to smear opponents.

We know that at the exact time
Fusion was working with the Russians, the firm had also hired a former British
spy, Christopher Steele, to dig up dirt on Mr. Trump. Mr. Steele compiled his
material, according to his memos, based on allegations from unnamed Kremlin
insiders and other Russians. Many of the claims sound eerily similar to the
sort of “oppo” Mr. Akhmetshin peddled.

We know that Mr. Simpson is tight
with Democrats. His current attorney, Joshua Levy, used to work in Congress as
counsel to no less than Chuck Schumer. We know from a Grassley letter that
Fusion has in the past sheltered its clients’ true identities by filtering
money through law firms or shell companies (Bean LLC and Kernel LLC).

Word is Mr. Simpson has made clear
he will appear for a voluntary committee interview only if he is not
specifically asked who hired him to dig dirt on Mr. Trump. Democrats are going
to the mat for him over that demand. Those on the Judiciary Committee pointedly
did not sign letters in which Mr. Grassley demanded that Fusion reveal who
hired it.

Here’s a thought: What if it was the
Democratic National Committee or Hillary Clinton’s campaign? What if that money
flowed from a political entity on the left, to a private law firm, to Fusion,
to a British spook, and then to Russian sources? Moreover, what if those
Kremlin-tied sources already knew about this dirtdigging, tipped off by Mr.
Akhmetshin? What if they specifically made up claims to dupe Mr. Steele, to
trick him into writing this dossier?

Fusion GPS, in an email, said that
it “did not spread false information about William Browder.” The firm said it
is cooperating with Congress and that “the president and his allies are
desperately trying to smear Fusion GPS because it investigated Donald Trump’s
ties to Russia.”

If the Russian intention was to sow
chaos in the American political system, few things could have been more
effective than that dossier, which ramped up an FBI investigation and sparked
congressional probes and a special counsel, deeply wounding the president. This
is all to Mr. Putin’s benefit, and the question is whether Russia engineered
it.

If Special Counsel Robert Mueller,
Democrats and the media really want answers about Russian meddling, this is a
far deeper well than the so-far scant case against Mr. Trump. If they refuse to
dive into the story, we’ll know that the truth about Russia and the election
was never what they were after.”
..............................

View user profile

Here she is speaking about her book to Ginni Thomas:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?411167-1/words-kimberley-strassel


Lies and more lies.



View user profile

Guest


Guest
Remember when hilllary said nobody hacked her email account? 24 hours after her loss, the real misinformation on this whole Russia thing began and then she said she was hacked. Face it, she can try again in 2020, but for now ty office of President of the United States is settled.

Al Gore and Hillary Clinton are yesterdays news. They are not running for elected office again. People did not like Gore in his own home state, and since Hillary was in high school she just turned people off with her trying too hard. She was the most prepared Presidential Candidate in our history, but in the end people simply did not like her.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
2seaoat wrote:Al Gore and Hillary Clinton are yesterdays news.  They are not running for elected office again.   People did not like Gore in his own home state, and since Hillary was in high school she just turned people off with her trying too hard.  She was the most prepared Presidential Candidate in our history, but in the end people simply did not like her.

Neither one have stayed out of the spotlight and are very relevant news as long as they are out perpetrating fraudulent activities (Gore's polar ice caps will be gone by 2013 and Hillary printing books, one of which will soon be out). The Republicans are still debating whether or not to go after many folks from the previous admin who committed overt criminal acts, but were not prosecuted by President Obama's DOJ.

You need to commit a crime to be prosecuted. Third world retribution will not happen in the department of justice. Sorry, but the very effort is futile. No crimes were committed by Sec. Clinton.

View user profile
The real sadness of this forum is that no one can express conservative views intelligently. You don't need to look too hard to spot the difference between the National Review or The Weekly Standard and Drudge or Breitbart.

The two most prominent proponents of the conservative agenda here never express ideas, it's all just crude naysaying and a watery gruel of poorly expressed hatefulness. They're not really proponents of anything, they just oppose everything they are too dullwitted to understand. "Trump said it, I believe it and that settles it" pretty much defines their worldview.

If simpletons like these are the only opponents of the progressive agenda, there's not much to worry about. The dazzling incompetence of the Trump regime has rendered it impotent.

We are watching the self-immolation of "those processes of rational deliberation and discussion that we know to be the characteristic features of truly civil society."

"Elect a clown, expect a circus" indeed. They'll be laughed out of town in 14 months, the authors of their own demise. Good riddance.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
2seaoat wrote:She was the most prepared Presidential Candidate in our history, but in the end people simply did not like her.

That's it in a nutshell, except I'll add these words after "did not like":  or trust.

View user profile
Face it, our government is in dire chaos and it's not likely to heal itself.  Our elected officials are locked into signing on with huge corporations to acquire the massive funding they must have to get re-elected.  Both parties of our two-party system no longer represent their constituents.

Unfortunately for 90% or more of us, we're aboard a sinking ship that the crew can't save because they're permanently locked in battle and unwilling to compromise.

The smoke you smell is from the brakes of a dysfunctional Washington DC as the United States of America is screeching to a halt.  

As it is in Afghanistan, Amerika Inc. is no longer one party against the other, and we are sinking in to tribalism.  The democrats are splitting into two UN-reconcilable wings -- Schumer/Pelosi moderates vs. Sanders-Warren progressives.  

The republicans are suffering as the Dixiecrats, moderates, the evangelist wing and the whacked out Trump base formerly known as the T-party battle it out like a drunken professional wrestling tag team.  Meanwhile, our  national healthcare is deteriorating about as fast as a raw steak left on the side of the roadway near the Escambria Bridge at noon.  

Speaking of bridges, as you all know, lots of ours are starting to fail.  

And as long as our military services amount to mercenaries at the command of a pentagon and Washington DC leaders owned by the MIC, we will never win another war because if you win, the money for new military stuff stops rolling in.  

What I'm talking about right here is about the self-destructive impetus of the oligarchs who could care less if our country holds together as long as they continue to make profit.  And all the congress people they own.  

It's time to end corrupt campaign financing and to shit-can the two party system which no longer represents you or me.

If you want to know how we got here, consider: big business (aka Our National Interests) have been fucking us all for a long, long time.  And now we have a perverted, tweeting, self-destructive business promoter in the driver's seat, surrounded by sycophants whose days are numbered.

And neither the democrats or republicans know what to do about it.

Reality.

     




 [b]

View user profile
NPAatall wrote:Remember when hilllary said nobody hacked her email account? 24 hours after her loss, the real misinformation on this whole Russia thing began and then she said she was hacked. Face it, she can try again in 2020, but for now ty office of President of the United States is settled.

Wrong again...she never said she was hacked. "Settled"? WTH are you talking about?

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing/factchecks/2016/07/19/fact-check-there-has-never-been-any-evidence-clintons-server-was-hacked/

FACT CHECK: There Has Never Been Any Evidence Clinton’s Server Was Hacked

Comey Testimony: No Evidence Of Hacking, Poured Cold Water on Guccifer’s Past Claims Saying “He Admitted That Was a Lie”

Contrary to the baseless speculation and conspiracy theories, there has never been any evidence found to support the allegation that Hillary Clinton’s server was hacked:

NY Times: “Security Logs of Hillary Clinton’s Email Server Are Said to Show No Evidence of Hacking.”
Reuters: “The two sources said the U.S. investigation of Lazar turned up no evidence to support the hacker's claims that he had broken into Clinton's private server.”
FBI Director James Comey: “We did not find direct evidence that Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail domain, in its various configurations since 2009, was successfully hacked.”
FBI Director James Comey: The hacker Guccifer "did not [gain access to Clinton's server], he admitted that was a lie.”
Vox: “Importantly, the [State Department IG] report doesn't turn up any evidence that Clinton's emails were successfully hacked or compromised.”
Factcheck.org: “Trump falsely claimed that the private server that Clinton used as secretary of state “was easily hacked by foreign governments.” Attempts were made to hack into Clinton’s server, but the identity of the hackers has not been determined and there has been no evidence to date that any of them were successful.”
However, the same can not be said for the State Department and other government email systems:

Reuters: State Department’s Unclassified Email Systems Hacked
CNN: Sources: State Dept. hack the 'worst ever'
Washington Post: “The breach is the latest of a series of electronic intrusions first detected last month on government computer systems at a variety of agencies, from the White House to the U.S. Postal Service to the National Weather Service. The suspected hackers of the White House’s computer network were believed to be working for the Russian government.”

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:She was the most prepared Presidential Candidate in our history, but in the end people simply did not like her.

That's it in a nutshell, except I'll add these words after "did not like":  or trust.

That is just sad. The Clintons have been under attack since before Bill was elected Governor of Arkansas. There were a lot of lies, but they were repeated often enough that even some Democrats believed them. I did, and do, trust her. If anything, she came across as too prepared, and she doesn't have the public speaking skills of, say, Barack Obama.

View user profile
Wordslinger wrote:Face it, our government is in dire chaos and it's not likely to heal itself.  Our elected officials are locked into signing on with huge corporations to acquire the massive funding they must have to get re-elected.  Both parties of our two-party system no longer represent their constituents.

Unfortunately for 90% or more of us, we're aboard a sinking ship that the crew can't save because they're permanently locked in battle and unwilling to compromise.

The smoke you smell is from the brakes of a dysfunctional Washington DC as the United States of America is screeching to a halt.  

As it is in Afghanistan, Amerika Inc. is no longer one party against the other, and we are sinking in to tribalism.  The democrats are splitting into two UN-reconcilable wings -- Schumer/Pelosi moderates vs. Sanders-Warren progressives.  

The republicans are suffering as the Dixiecrats, moderates, the evangelist wing and the whacked out Trump base formerly known as the T-party battle it out like a drunken professional wrestling tag team.  Meanwhile, our  national healthcare is deteriorating about as fast as a raw steak left on the side of the roadway near the Escambria Bridge at noon.  

Speaking of bridges, as you all know, lots of ours are starting to fail.  

And as long as our military services amount to mercenaries at the command of a pentagon and Washington DC leaders owned by the MIC, we will never win another war because if you win, the money for new military stuff stops rolling in.  

What I'm talking about right here is about the self-destructive impetus of the oligarchs who could care less if our country holds together as long as they continue to make profit.  And all the congress people they own.  

It's time to end corrupt campaign financing and to shit-can the two party system which no longer represents you or me.

If you want to know how we got here, consider: big business (aka Our National Interests) have been fucking us all for a long, long time.  And now we have a perverted, tweeting, self-destructive business promoter in the driver's seat, surrounded by sycophants whose days are numbered.

And neither the democrats or republicans know what to do about it.

Reality.

     




 [b]

I'm beginning to think you're working for the GOP. Why else would you continuously call for the Democratic Party to be disbanded?

View user profile
Floridatexan wrote:I'm beginning to think you're working for the GOP.  Why else would you continuously call for the Democratic Party to be disbanded?

He makes a valid point, FT, corporate interests have WAY too much influence in our political affairs. The question is: What do we do about it, without trashing the bill of rights?

Schumer's Better Deal speach was a good start, but only a good start. Until the forces, including the Democratic party, that oppose the Rise of the American Oligarchs have to be FOR something, not just against Trump.

I disagree with the title of this video but not with the sentiments expressed:

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum