This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Sock slider

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Sock slider on 7/29/2017, 11:52 am

I am watching this commercial for a device which helps you slip your socks on when you are having physical problems. I just started laughing. I am now having more difficulty with things in youth which were no brainers. Young people have no idea why these products make any sense, yet all I see is more and more old people ads on TV. The babyboomer bubble from 1950 to now captured commercials aimed at them. Blood sugar ads, blood thinners, ED drugs, and on and on as that big bubble of market goes into the sunset.

That sock slider appears to me to be totally stupid, but my knees still work and I can still bend over, but the best part of these commercials......if you buy one, you get two. I guess you can stage your clean socks on your two sock sliders.

View user profile

2 Re: Sock slider on 7/29/2017, 1:34 pm

2seaoat wrote:I am watching this commercial for a device which helps you slip your socks on when you are having physical problems.   I just started laughing.  I am now having more difficulty with things in youth which were no brainers.   Young people have no idea why these products make any sense, yet all I see is more and more old people ads on TV.  The babyboomer bubble from 1950 to now captured commercials aimed at them.  Blood sugar ads, blood thinners, ED drugs, and on and on as that big bubble of market goes into the sunset.

That sock slider appears to me to be totally stupid, but my knees still work and I can still bend over, but the best part of these commercials......if you buy one, you get two.  I guess you can stage your clean socks on your two sock sliders.

A weeks worth of socks.

I am amazed at the prescription medicine ads on TV. You here 10 seconds about the medication and 45 seconds telling you the side effects, death being the latest side effect.
And....the names of the meds.

View user profile

3 Re: Sock slider on 7/29/2017, 1:47 pm

The funny thing about those warnings on the new drugs....I have all those symptoms. I mean all of them. My wife and I just laugh as they list them off.

View user profile

4 Re: Sock slider on 7/30/2017, 2:34 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I am watching this commercial for a device which helps you slip your socks on when you are having physical problems.   I just started laughing.  I am now having more difficulty with things in youth which were no brainers.   Young people have no idea why these products make any sense, yet all I see is more and more old people ads on TV.  The babyboomer bubble from 1950 to now captured commercials aimed at them.  Blood sugar ads, blood thinners, ED drugs, and on and on as that big bubble of market goes into the sunset.

That sock slider appears to me to be totally stupid, but my knees still work and I can still bend over, but the best part of these commercials......if you buy one, you get two.  I guess you can stage your clean socks on your two sock sliders.

A weeks worth of socks.

I am amazed at the prescription medicine ads on TV. You here 10 seconds about the medication and 45 seconds telling you the side effects, death being the latest side effect.
And....the names of the meds.



Taking the medicine isn't worth taking a chance on the reaction to the side effects in most cases.

View user profile

5 Re: Sock slider on 7/30/2017, 2:41 pm

I remember laughing when they started showing that commercial with the old lady crying that she had fallen and couldn't get up about 35 years ago because it looked so phoney. The laugh was on me a couple of years ago when I caught a virus that left me so weak I tumbled in the bathroom and couldn't get up for hours. Live and learn.

View user profile

6 Re: Sock slider on 7/30/2017, 2:49 pm

Telstar wrote:I remember laughing when they started showing that commercial with the old lady crying that she had fallen and couldn't get up about 35 years ago because it looked so phoney. The laugh was on me a couple of years ago when I caught a virus that left me so weak I tumbled in the bathroom and couldn't get up for hours. Live and learn.

Wow, Tel, that sounds so scary! Glad you survived it to post another day. Smile

View user profile

7 Re: Sock slider on 7/30/2017, 2:59 pm

When my wife's mom was having dementia and health issues we decided to take her in our home against the wishes of her two brothers who wanted her in a nursing home. We warned her not to go into the laundry room because there was a step down into that room. Well, my wife and I would go to work in the morning, and her brother would stop by the house twice a day to check on her while we were at work.

Sure enough she had to be a bad girl and go to the laundry room. She fell, and broke her wrist where she stayed on the floor until my brother in law stopped in to check on her. She went to the hospital, and she had a complete melt down with the hospital staff and they put her in a psych ward. She cleared up and they moved her to this really nice nursing home which would have been easy for everybody to visit, and she had a second melt down and had to return to the psych ward for another week, when she said she wanted to go to her home town nursing home which was inferior care and required the brothers to drive almost 20 miles further while it was about only 10 miles further for us. She lived to 90 and enjoyed many older ladies from her home town, but it was an awful place compared to the other nursing home. Some times the best intentions just do not work out, and the laughter at those commercials 30 years ago comes back to bite you in the asz.

View user profile

8 Re: Sock slider on 7/30/2017, 4:10 pm

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:I remember laughing when they started showing that commercial with the old lady crying that she had fallen and couldn't get up about 35 years ago because it looked so phoney. The laugh was on me a couple of years ago when I caught a virus that left me so weak I tumbled in the bathroom and couldn't get up for hours. Live and learn.

Wow, Tel, that sounds so scary!  Glad you survived it to post another day.  Smile



Very Happy








View user profile

9 Re: Sock slider on 7/30/2017, 4:17 pm

2seaoat wrote:Some times the best intentions just do not work out, and the laughter at those commercials 30 years ago comes back to bite you in the asz.




Some times it only hurts when you laugh.

View user profile

10 Re: Sock slider on 7/30/2017, 5:58 pm

Telstar wrote:Some times it only hurts when you laugh.

I get it.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum