Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's time to dismantle both the democrat and republican parties!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

While our attention is manipulated to scare us about N. Korea, or Iran, or the destruction of healthcare, or how one party or the other is gerrymandering or finding ways to exclude voters they don't like, the big banks, financial institutions, the ultra-rich, the drug companies, the pesticide manufacturers, coal mine companies, and defense contractors are stealing us blind.  

Wages have been stagnant for decades.  The minimum wage is too low in most regions, college costs continue to rise, and healthcare costs keep rising.

Obamacare and the proposed Trumpcare both do all they can to enable health insurers, drug companies and medical equipment makers to get MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE . . .

Consider:  Whether you're a democrat or a republican, do you really believe your congress person or state senators are doing their best to bring you maximum benefits?  Take note:  Since we've turned healthcare over to profit seeking insurance companies our life expectancy has DECREASED.

The essential political problem for the United States to cure, is corrupt campaign financing ... by guess who?  Right.  The big defense companies, the drug companies, the insurance and bank syndicates, pesticide makers, etc. etc. etc.  

We need to get back to where our elected officials, regardless of their party affiliation are working for US and not THEIR CAMPAIGN SPONSORS.

What's good for Exxon, Monsanto or Dow or Bayer may not, and frequently isn't, for you and yours.  

Our congress is no longer OURS.

And acting on behalf of the oligarchs and biggest corporations who own them, our elected officials make foreign policy choices which, "in the National  Interest" (BIG BUSINESS) keep us involved in bloody wars we never, ever mean to win.

From 1898 to the present, America's foreign policy can be summarized as follows:  DO WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO OR WE WILL KILL YOU.

The root of our problems, at home and abroad, is that we have allowed our elected officials to be bought by business interests.  

Our government, from the Presidency on down is becoming more and more dysfunctional every day.

Pretending your democratic or republican party can solve everything is like pretending the tumor in your gut will go away if you don't think about it.

Who in hell do you really trust?  Mitch McConnell, Schumer, Pelosi or Jeff Sessions?  Or Don Jr., or Kushner, or Ivanka, or Hillary?

Think about it.  And I hope it makes you as angry as it makes me!

Reality!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Many decades ago, when I was taking political science classes we had a little text called "Who Runs Congress?" Guess who ran congress back then? The special interests, just like today.

The difference today is that the campaign financing laws with all the 501(C3's) or whatever, make it easier than ever to flood campaigns with special interest money. However, Sanders and others have proven that a candidate with popular support with today's social media functions can raise a ton of money independent of banks, pharma, etc.

Parties are key to gaining the nomination for president. That would have to be overcome. Communication, getting your message out is also key and social media will help there.

I think our current situation with governmental dysfunction is a case of (like a drug addict) having to hit rock bottom before realizing something has to be done.

Let's hope the bottom is not too far away!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

othershoe1030 wrote:Many decades ago, when I was taking political science classes we had a little text called "Who Runs Congress?" Guess who ran congress back then? The special interests, just like today.

The difference today is that the campaign financing laws with all the 501(C3's) or whatever, make it easier than ever to flood campaigns with special interest money. However, Sanders and others have proven that a candidate with popular support with today's social media functions can raise a ton of money independent of banks, pharma, etc.

Parties are key to gaining the nomination for president. That would have to be overcome. Communication, getting your message out is also key and social media will help there.

I think our current situation with governmental dysfunction is a case of (like a drug addict) having to hit rock bottom before realizing something has to be done.

Agreed!  But as I see things, political revolution by the many against the few isn't far away.  Watch what happens when Trump's supporters lose their healthcare and have a kid get sick.  The truth is, the richest people and companies don't care if you starve, they only chase profit.

As for using the two parties to run a candidate ... consider: There are more than enough unhappy people now who know the current two party system isn't working. The odds of a third or fourth party emerging from the disgruntled is becoming a reality ... at last. Watch Sanders and Warren, or Casich, etc.

It's time to really drain the swamp!!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Wordslinger wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Many decades ago, when I was taking political science classes we had a little text called "Who Runs Congress?" Guess who ran congress back then? The special interests, just like today.

Agreed!  But as I see things, political revolution by the many against the few isn't far away.  Watch what happens when Trump's supporters lose their healthcare and have a kid get sick.  The truth is, the richest people and companies don't care if you starve, they only chase profit.

As for using the two parties to run a candidate ... consider:  There are more than enough unhappy people now who know the current two party system isn't working.  The odds of a third or fourth party emerging from the disgruntled is becoming a reality ... at last.  Watch Sanders and Warren, or Casich, etc.

It's time to really drain the swamp!!

Organization is the challenge. The Indivisible group seems to be widespread and may be a model for such a movement. I remember the libertarian trying to make sure he got on every state ballot so it is not easy, lots of moving parts, deadlines, signatures to gather etc. But with social media basically being able to work outside of the mainstream channels of communication I think some sort of Other party may very well be possible.

I sometimes wish we had more of a parliamentary system so different groups would be forced to work together. It is trending in that direction now with all the sub-groups within the Republican Party in particular but even within one party they can't come together!

del.capslock

del.capslock

We may be watching the involuntary dismantlement of the Republican party.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

del.capslock wrote:We may be watching the involuntary dismantlement of the Republican party.

At the very least it is splintering. Remember how John Boehner sang "Zippidy Do Dah" on his way out? LOL He was so happy to be rid of his cat herding chores!

del.capslock wrote:We may be watching the involuntary dismantlement of the Republican party.

If that makes you happy, but this time a year ago Hillary Clinton was a lock to be the next POTUS.

othershoe1030 wrote:

At the very least it is splintering. Remember how John Boehner sang "Zippidy Do Dah" on his way out? LOL He was so happy to be rid of his cat herding chores!

The DNC is no better off. Classic dysfunction at all levels.

del.capslock

del.capslock

NPAatall wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

The DNC is no better off.  Classic dysfunction at all levels.

Right. Let's tot up, shall we:

He has both the Senate and the House but can't get anything passed.

His top advisors, including his son and son-in-law are under investigation for colluding with an adversary.

He had to fire his National Security Adviser, Michael Flynn, for lying after he had been in the job for only 23 days.

He has publicly and viciously demeaned his Attorney General, an act no serious commentator or Presidential historian can recall ever happening before.

He abruptly fired his AUSA for the Southern District of New York, Preet Bharara, after telling him he would stay.

His White House communications director, Mike Dubke, resigned after three months on the job.

He fired his FBI Director, James Comey.

His Director of the Office of Government Ethics resigned.

His Press Secretary, Sean Spicer, resigned.

He has failed to even nominate people for 357 Senate-confirmable positions in the Executive department.

I could go on ad infinitum, but I'm tired of typing. Remember, this is all after just six months on the job.

Find any time in history when the DNC was that chaotic.

PkrBum

PkrBum

othershoe1030 wrote:

Ummm... do you have any idea as to the results of the national, state, city... elections since 2008?

These are cute little talkingpoints... but why parrot them when you know what the results are?

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:
Ummm... do you have any idea as to the results of the national, state, city... elections since 2008?

And when the Republicans finally get unitary government, their most fervent dream, they can't get shit done. They can't even properly staff the Executive department, with everyone quitting or getting fired.

The Republican President and his family are under investigation for colluding with our primary adversary. What a disgrace.

PkrBum

PkrBum

del.capslock wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

And when the Republicans finally get unitary government, their most fervent dream, they can't get shit done. They can't even properly staff the Executive department, with everyone quitting or getting fired.

The Republican President and his family are under investigation for colluding with our primary adversary. What a disgrace.

Real democracy is messy. I'd much rather see that than the dem lockstep.

Obamacaid is a perfect example. Unpopular with the populace... even tho we didn't know fully what was in it... and passed without a single minority vote. But given the leftist elitist arrogance it was forced upon us via the boot of govt.

But you wonder why dems have been historically rejected...

Silly comrades... lol.

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:
del.capslock wrote:

Obamacaid is a perfect example. Unpopular with the populace... even tho we didn't know fully what was in it... and passed without a single minority vote. But given the leftist elitist arrogance it was forced upon us via the boot of govt.

If it's so unpopular, why hasn't the Republican majority in both houses been able to repeal it? DUH!

PkrBum

PkrBum

del.capslock wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
del.capslock wrote:

If it's so unpopular, why hasn't the Republican majority in both houses been able to repeal it?     DUH!

Actual democracy. Scary for you... I know.

RealLindaL

del.capslock wrote:Find any time in history when the DNC was that chaotic.

EXACTLY.  And they can't, because this royal MESS of an administration is unprecedented in U.S. history.  May it never, ever, happen again, and may this current untenable situation be remedied soon, before the entire nation goes insane from having to deal with the gargantuan goon in the White House.

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:Actual democracy. Scary for you... I know.

What's scary is what Republican Senators and Representatives are going to face in their town halls during the August recess--if they even have one. They're in such conflict with their Republican President and so afraid of the recess appointment of a new Attorney General that they might cancel it.

If the spineless wimps do have any town halls, it'll make what happened during the last break seem like an actual Aunt Bea tea party. Of course, since most of them are craven cowards, they probably won't hold any town halls. Once was likely enough for those gutless dorks.

Maybe they should rebrand the Republican party. They could call it Chaos Incorporated or maybe The National Laughingstock Party. Then they could refer to is as the NLP--as in No Longer Pertinent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum