Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump says he never would've appointed AG sessions if he knew he would recuse himslef from Russian probe

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

The NYT as reported by CNN has President Trump furious with Sessions.   The obstruction of justice has and continued to get set in concrete by the President's own words.  Throwing your AG under the bus when this guy came early to the Trump campaign is bizarre.   I wish it was a health issue which was blocking his cognitive skills, which could be excused, but this guy is neck deep in obstruction for a very good reason.....follow the money.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/19/donald-trump-jeff-sessions-recusal?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+USA+-+Collections+2017&utm_term=235837&subid=13840101&CMP=GT_US_collection

He doesn't seem to understand the basics of jurisprudence.

PkrBum

PkrBum

“Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else.”

What's the big deal? He works at the pleasure of the potus.

I'd like to see him fired just for his authoritarian war on drugs... it's a giant step backwards for individual liberty.

2seaoat

If Sessions goes, he will appoint another AG who will attempt to fire Mueller. He has said repeatedly that he will not fire Mueller. I personally find Sessions worse than Holder who I considered the worse AG since the Nixon Administration. However, if Sessions quits under the President's pressure he can get the cover to stop the investigation which will get to his financial information.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:“Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else.”

I'd like to see him fired just for his authoritarian war on drugs... it's a giant step backwards for individual liberty.

Yeah! ...

... the Prez* just came out and told the newspaper of record that he believes the DOJ and FBI should act as his personal agents of obstruction of justice ...

... what's the big deal??

PkrBum

PkrBum

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:“Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else.”

Yeah! ...

... the Prez* just came out and told the newspaper of record that he believes the DOJ and FBI should act as his personal agents of obstruction of justice ...

... what's the big deal??

You apparently have no idea what the role of potus is... well... since trump was elected anyway.

The conditioning is strong in this comrade.

2seaoat

You apparently have no idea what the role of potus is... well... since trump was elected anyway.

The conditioning is strong in this comrade.

The Russians are fighting the United States over whether the North Korean ICBM tests are what they are. They are firing up a hot war with America through a proxy. They are as active of an enemy as America has as they now are working through proxies in Iran and Syria. So when the Russians attack our election process and the FBI protects America by investigating who and how they have penetrated our elections, A President fires the FBI director, and now is all but firing the AG who appointed a special prosecutor to continue to investigate Russia. Our President is actively lobbying to reduce the sanctions against Russia in the house, and having private conversations with Putin without any Americans to witness the conversation through a Russian translator. Yes, comrade your conditioning must be strong not to recognize how serious this is......when Americans start dying because of this traitor, he will get the Mussolini treatment from the American mobs who will expose this traitor.

PkrBum

PkrBum

2seaoat

News alert for PKR........it was President Obama who put the sanctions on Russia, and it is Russia who worked actively to elect President Trump to achieve quid pro quo.......the reduction of sanctions. You have to be joking that you do not comprehend what has just happened and how President Trump is trying to stop any investigations with the Russians. You are just messing around....right?

PkrBum

PkrBum

After they ran roughshod over him... literally playing him for the naive fool he was with foreign policy.

You're just messing around... right,?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Last night when this news just broke, the part about the NYT's interview with the president, talking heads were saying that in a "normal administration" the attorney general would have a letter of resignation on the president's desk before the sun came up. Needless to say this is not a normal administration.

Watching Sessions in his statement this morning it seemed as if he was going to stay until Trump actually fired him. It looked as if he was shrugging off the comments made in the interview as something akin to the rantings of the drunk uncle at the holiday dinner. "You know Uncle Don, he can really get going after a few drinks! (Isn't he just something?). Bless his heart.

The US attorney general, Jeff Sessions, said on Thursday that he would continue in his job “as long as that is appropriate”, despite Donald Trump’s barrage of criticism of him.

Trump had told the New York Times in an interview published late Wednesday he regretted giving Sessions the job after Sessions recused himself from matters relating to investigations into links with the Trump campaign and Russia.

Asked how he could continue to serve without the confidence of the president, Sessions said: “We’re serving right now.

“We wholeheartedly join in the priorities of President Trump,” he said, adding later, “I am totally confident that we can continue to run this office in an efficient way.”

The deputy attorney general, Rod Rosenstein, who also faced criticism from the president over his being from Baltimore, a largely Democratic city, echoed his boss’s comments and defended the justice department’s focus on the president’s agenda.

He also suggested he had no intention of stepping down. “I was proud to be here yesterday, I’m proud to be here today and I will be proud to work here tomorrow,” Rosenstein said.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/20/jeff-sessions-attorney-general-job-trump-criticism

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum