This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

To diehard Trumpions, their leader can do no wrong. How should the left fight back?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

You gotta admit it. To a Trump loyalist their champion is always great. The following article lays it out perfectly:

http://www.alternet.org/right-wing/donald-trump-total-love-god-least-his-supporters-how-does-left-fight?akid=15871.260394.H2Qh3X&rd=1&src=newsletter1079747&t=8

View user profile
Funny that the left feels this way. It's how the right felt under
the oppressive Obama regime. Elections have consequences as you say and so did your savior Obama. Reality.

View user profile
IMASOCK wrote:Funny that the left feels this way. It's how the right felt under
the oppressive Obama regime. Elections have consequences as you say and so did your savior Obama. Reality.

The current problem is centered on the fact that Trump's strongest supporter base is now less than 40% of the population. Obama's popularity was always high, and in fact, is higher now than when he was in office. If you want to deal with truth, consider this: Obama's supporters almost always greatly outnumbered his detractors. Trump's supporters have never reached a majority. Never.

Yes, elections do have consequences. We will see that in 2018, after Trump's base has had a taste of his governing, including (maybe) healthcare that excludes their needs.

Gloat all you want about him beating Hillary. Meanwhile, in return, he's sold your country out to his Russian business friends.

But you stay with his sinking ship, please! LOL

View user profile
The Republican party has gone from a party that glorified status to one that glorifies resentment.

They are virulently anti-intellectual and distrustful of democratic institutions, and willing to swallow any nonsense as long as it's framed in grievance.

It is vulgar tribalism run amok and how we return these miscreants to any semblance of respectability and polity is anyone's guess, but free college tuition sure as hell won't get it done.

View user profile
Sal wrote:The Republican party has gone from a party that glorified status to one that glorifies resentment.

They are virulently anti-intellectual and distrustful of democratic institutions, and willing to swallow any nonsense as long as it's framed in grievance.

It is vulgar tribalism run amok and how we return these miscreants to any semblance of respectability and polity is anyone's guess, but free college tuition sure as hell won't get it done.

Thanks, Sal. You said it perfectly.

View user profile
Sal wrote:The Republican party has gone from a party that glorified status to one that glorifies resentment.

They are virulently anti-intellectual and distrustful of democratic institutions, and willing to swallow any nonsense as long as it's framed in grievance.

It is vulgar tribalism run amok and how we return these miscreants to any semblance of respectability and polity is anyone's guess, but free college tuition sure as hell won't get it done.

cheers cheers cheers cheers

View user profile
IMASOCK wrote:Funny that the left feels this way. It's how the right felt under the oppressive Obama regime.



NO!, only the extreme, xenophobic, white-supremacist element  of the right felt that way.

I know plenty of lifelong Republicans--I grew up among them, two cousins were Goldwater advance men!--and none of them would have called the Obama administration oppressive or fascist. They didn't like Obama and they disagreed with his policies, but they also disagreed with the Freedom Caucus and Tea Party segments of their own party. They were intelligent, reasonable conservatives who understood the nature of democracy.

INAPPROPRIATE CONTEXT REMOVED.

DO NOT POST SLANDEROUS ACCUSATIONS REGARDING POSTERS.



Last edited by Joanimaroni on 7/16/2017, 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Slanderous comments removed)

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
Must you always resort to cussing and now slander?

View user profile
IMASOCK wrote:Must you always resort to cussing and now slander?

Oh, boo-hoo-hoo, you big crybaby.

"Wah-hee, wah-hee, someone said something bad about me.

I don't care if it is true, it's just not fair!"

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
IMASOCK wrote:Must you always resort to cussing and now slander?




Sounds like professor snowflake needs a safe place. Very Happy

View user profile

Republicans are no longer Republicans. Max Boot has left the party. Even Joe Scarborough has left the party. At this point, if you still align yourself with the GOP, you are a right-wing reactionary, and nothing even approaching a "conservative".

View user profile
Honestly, a lot of Republicans are just cultists at this point.  To understand 'em, you have to read Eric Hoffer.  

You really can't reach the hardcore ones.  They've been trained like dogs, using old cult tactics.   They're taught that only the news sources favorable to them are "real," so anything with negative news is "false" and are trying to trick them.  They're under attack from everything.   Things are only "fair" if they're heavily slanted in their favor.  No matter how much they're running things or tromping over anyone else's rights, they're the "oppressed" ones.

It's like trying to talk sense to a scientologist.  You're not going to get far with it because they've got everything invested in their belief and will only fight you if you say anything that goes against their programming.  Any attempt to wise them up will only make you be viewed as more of a mistrusted enemy.

They're never going to see the truth about Trump because they're too weak to admit they got duped.  They'll cling to their wrongness like grim death.  It sucks, but some people you just have to write off.

View user profile
Democrats don't need to fight back. We just need to make sure Trump has a shovel big enough to keep digging. With Fox News and Chris Wallace pointing out in vivid detail all the lies coming out of the WH, well, heads will explode in Trump World, some will switch to Infowars or some such but many Fox viewers will see that what was billed as Fake News is not fake.

I'm hoping for a voter backlash among his supporters. It hasn't reached the tipping point yet but if Fox keeps this up it will be inevitable. Well then, there is the real world breathing down the neck of the administration too, there's that detail, lol.

View user profile
Sal wrote:The Republican party has gone from a party that glorified status to one that glorifies resentment.

They are virulently anti-intellectual and distrustful of democratic institutions, and willing to swallow any nonsense as long as it's framed in grievance.

It is vulgar tribalism run amok and how we return these miscreants to any semblance of respectability and polity is anyone's guess, but free college tuition sure as hell won't get it done.

It's a good enough of a party to have sent Democrats packing
During the last three elections losing every bit of power they once had. Pontificate all you want, your party is now irrelevant.

View user profile
zsomething wrote:Honestly, a lot of Republicans are just cultists at this point.  To understand 'em, you have to read Eric Hoffer.  

You really can't reach the hardcore ones.  They've been trained like dogs, using old cult tactics.   They're taught that only the news sources favorable to them are "real," so anything with negative news is "false" and are trying to trick them.  They're under attack from everything.   Things are only "fair" if they're heavily slanted in their favor.  No matter how much they're running things or tromping over anyone else's rights, they're the "oppressed" ones.

It's like trying to talk sense to a scientologist.  You're not going to get far with it because they've got everything invested in their belief and will only fight you if you say anything that goes against their programming.  Any attempt to wise them up will only make you be viewed as more of a mistrusted enemy.

They're never going to see the truth about Trump because they're too weak to admit they got duped.  They'll cling to their wrongness like grim death.  It sucks, but some people you just have to write off.

Says the guy who has a party at the bottom of the political spectrum watching
The last eight years of Obama get washed down the drain.

View user profile
IMASOCK wrote:
Sal wrote:The Republican party has gone from a party that glorified status to one that glorifies resentment.

They are virulently anti-intellectual and distrustful of democratic institutions, and willing to swallow any nonsense as long as it's framed in grievance.

It is vulgar tribalism run amok and how we return these miscreants to any semblance of respectability and polity is anyone's guess, but free college tuition sure as hell won't get it done.

It's a good enough of a party to have sent Democrats packing
During the last three elections losing every bit of power they once had. Pontificate all you want, your party is now irrelevant.

No one is doubting the power of your stupidity, PeeDawg.

View user profile
And your opinion is worth about as much as the trash I am putting into the McDonald's trash basket as I am exiting now.

View user profile
I can remember when this entire board minus myself, Pkr, Vectorman and gatornman were all being clowned on about Trump's chances to become POTUS and yet here we are in a full board meltdown by all those who said it would never happen.

View user profile
You seem to think that we are disagreeing.

We are not.

We all bore witness to the awesome and terrifying power of your collective idiocy, which against all odds, allowed the ascendance of an abject moron to the Presidency of the United States of America.

We are all living in the idiocracy of your creation.

Cherish it, PeeDawg.

View user profile
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
George Carlin

View user profile
IMASOCK wrote:
zsomething wrote:Honestly, a lot of Republicans are just cultists at this point.  To understand 'em, you have to read Eric Hoffer.  

You really can't reach the hardcore ones.  They've been trained like dogs, using old cult tactics.   They're taught that only the news sources favorable to them are "real," so anything with negative news is "false" and are trying to trick them.  They're under attack from everything.   Things are only "fair" if they're heavily slanted in their favor.  No matter how much they're running things or tromping over anyone else's rights, they're the "oppressed" ones.

It's like trying to talk sense to a scientologist.  You're not going to get far with it because they've got everything invested in their belief and will only fight you if you say anything that goes against their programming.  Any attempt to wise them up will only make you be viewed as more of a mistrusted enemy.

They're never going to see the truth about Trump because they're too weak to admit they got duped.  They'll cling to their wrongness like grim death.  It sucks, but some people you just have to write off.

Says the guy who has a party at the bottom of the political spectrum watching
The last eight years of Obama get washed down the drain.

In your personal estimation the D's may be at the bottom of the political spectrum but Trump's current approval ratings are the lowest of any president in the last 70 years. That is not exactly stellar performance in anyone's book.

This administration is being run like a combination of the Keystone Cops and the pop-open doors from the old Laugh In show. Every time you turn around someone is coming up with another version of their alternate facts and everyone, including Fox News is noticing. Disorganized is too kind a term.

View user profile
IMASOCK wrote:
zsomething wrote:Honestly, a lot of Republicans are just cultists at this point.  To understand 'em, you have to read Eric Hoffer.  

You really can't reach the hardcore ones.  They've been trained like dogs, using old cult tactics.   They're taught that only the news sources favorable to them are "real," so anything with negative news is "false" and are trying to trick them.  They're under attack from everything.   Things are only "fair" if they're heavily slanted in their favor.  No matter how much they're running things or tromping over anyone else's rights, they're the "oppressed" ones.

It's like trying to talk sense to a scientologist.  You're not going to get far with it because they've got everything invested in their belief and will only fight you if you say anything that goes against their programming.  Any attempt to wise them up will only make you be viewed as more of a mistrusted enemy.

They're never going to see the truth about Trump because they're too weak to admit they got duped.  They'll cling to their wrongness like grim death.  It sucks, but some people you just have to write off.

Says the guy who has a party at the bottom of the political spectrum watching
The last eight years of Obama get washed down the drain.

You do realize that the Democrats being out of power does absolutely zero to disprove that your political party has turned into a mindless cult, right?

The Nazis also took power in Germany for a couple of decades, but history has proven them to be a deranged disaster and the biggest mistake the German people ever made. Sometimes people choose things that are bad for them. You can't prove correctness with consensus. There are billions of religious people out there, for instance, firmly believing in a thing. If they're all not wrong, which is likely, then at least billions of them are for having the wrong god. They're not all going to be right... but they all have millions of adherents who think they are.

Trump's in power, yes, but that doesn't mean it's right. He's just another mistake that brainwashed people -- like you -- made.

As far as eight years of Obama getting washed down the drain, I know that pleases your mindless follower kind just out of spite, but so far it hasn't improved America in any way. It's wrecking our international reputation and positioning us behind other countries in global trade... and, it's about to hurt a lot of people's health care, and that's likely to wallop the economy.

But you don't care about any of that, because all you care about is "ha ha, now I get to taunt Democrats." After a while you're going to see that winning isn't necessarily a good thing if your party can't govern successfully. And, it can't. The South proves that.

View user profile
Sal wrote:You seem to think that we are disagreeing.

We are not.

We all bore witness to the awesome and terrifying power of your collective idiocy, which against all odds, allowed the ascendance of an abject moron to the Presidency of the United States of America.

We are all living in the idiocracy of your creation.

Cherish it, PeeDawg.


cheers cheers cheers

View user profile
zsomething wrote:
IMASOCK wrote:
zsomething wrote:Honestly, a lot of Republicans are just cultists at this point.  To understand 'em, you have to read Eric Hoffer.  

You really can't reach the hardcore ones.  They've been trained like dogs, using old cult tactics.   They're taught that only the news sources favorable to them are "real," so anything with negative news is "false" and are trying to trick them.  They're under attack from everything.   Things are only "fair" if they're heavily slanted in their favor.  No matter how much they're running things or tromping over anyone else's rights, they're the "oppressed" ones.

It's like trying to talk sense to a scientologist.  You're not going to get far with it because they've got everything invested in their belief and will only fight you if you say anything that goes against their programming.  Any attempt to wise them up will only make you be viewed as more of a mistrusted enemy.

They're never going to see the truth about Trump because they're too weak to admit they got duped.  They'll cling to their wrongness like grim death.  It sucks, but some people you just have to write off.

Says the guy who has a party at the bottom of the political spectrum watching
The last eight years of Obama get washed down the drain.

You do realize that the Democrats being out of power does absolutely zero to disprove that your political party has turned into a mindless cult, right?  

The Nazis also took power in Germany for a couple of decades, but history has proven them to be a deranged disaster and the biggest mistake the German people ever made.   Sometimes people choose things that are bad for them.  You can't prove correctness with consensus.  There are billions of religious people out there, for instance, firmly believing in a thing.  If they're all not wrong, which is likely, then at least billions of them are for having the wrong god.  They're not all going to be right... but they all have millions of adherents who think they are.

Trump's in power, yes, but that doesn't mean it's right.  He's just another mistake that brainwashed people -- like you -- made.

As far as eight years of Obama getting washed down the drain, I know that pleases your mindless follower kind just out of spite, but so far it hasn't improved America in any way.  It's wrecking our international reputation and positioning us behind other countries in global trade... and, it's about to hurt a lot of people's health care, and that's likely to wallop the economy.  

But you don't care about any of that, because all you care about is "ha ha, now I get to taunt Democrats."   After a while you're going to see that winning isn't necessarily a good thing if your party can't govern successfully.  And, it can't.  The South proves that.  

Delusions of grandeur run amok. Enjoy the next 7.5 years of Trump. I'm guaranteeing that more allies will return to America that Obama drove away and that enemies like Iran and Russia will be put back in their place and not sucked up to or appeased.

View user profile
IMASOCK wrote:

Delusions of grandeur run amok. Enjoy the next 7.5 years of Trump. I'm guaranteeing that more allies will return to America that Obama drove away and that enemies like Iran and Russia will be put back in their place and not sucked up to or appeased.

You believe shit. I get that. I don't believe you, though, because you babble like a lunatic and believe all kinds of other things I know to be not only wrong, but actually crazy. How much faith you have doesn't give you any more credibility than the people who think L. Ron Hubbard's aliens dumped thetan souls into a volcano, or than Joseph Smith used magic stones to read the Book of Mormon out of a hat. All those people really believe that shit, too, with all their heart and soul, but, sorry, it still looks like hogwash to me. Have fun with it if you want, taunt away with your endlessly repetitive ranting, but you don't look the least bit sane to me and I'm not coming over to your side. You have nothing to offer that's in any way appealing.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum