This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Do You Really Align w the DNC?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Do You Really Align w the DNC? on 7/5/2017, 6:28 pm

https://www.prageru.com/courses/history/inconvenient-truth-about-democratic-party

When you think about racial equality and civil rights, which political party comes to mind? The Republicans? Or, the Democrats?

Most people would probably say the Democrats. But this answer is incorrect.

Since its founding in 1829, the Democratic Party has fought against every major civil rights initiative, and has a long history of discrimination.

The Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, opposed Reconstruction, founded the Ku Klux Klan, imposed segregation, perpetrated lynchings, and fought against the civil rights acts of the 1950s and 1960s.

In contrast, the Republican Party was founded in 1854 as an anti-slavery party. Its mission was to stop the spread of slavery into the new western territories with the aim of abolishing it entirely. This effort, however, was dealt a major blow by the Supreme Court. In the 1857 case Dred Scott v. Sandford, the court ruled that slaves aren’t citizens; they’re property. The seven justices who voted in favor of slavery? All Democrats. The two justices who dissented? Both Republicans.

The slavery question was, of course, ultimately resolved by a bloody civil war. The commander-in-chief during that war was the first Republican President, Abraham Lincoln – the man who freed the slaves.

Six days after the Confederate army surrendered, John Wilkes Booth, a Democrat, assassinated President Lincoln. Lincoln’s vice president, a Democrat named Andrew Johnson, assumed the presidency. But Johnson adamantly opposed Lincoln’s plan to integrate the newly freed slaves into the South’s economic and social order.

Johnson and the Democratic Party were unified in their opposition to the 13th Amendment, which abolished slavery; the 14th Amendment, which gave blacks citizenship; and the 15th Amendment, which gave blacks the vote. All three passed only because of universal Republican support.

During the era of Reconstruction, federal troops stationed in the south helped secure rights for the newly freed slaves. Hundreds of black men were elected to southern state legislatures as Republicans, and 22 black Republicans served in the US Congress by 1900. The Democrats did not elect a black man to Congress until 1935.

But after Reconstruction ended, when the federal troops went home, Democrats roared back into power in the South. They quickly reestablished white supremacy across the region with measures like black codes – laws that restricted the ability of blacks to own property and run businesses. And they imposed poll taxes and literacy tests, used to subvert the black citizen’s right to vote.

And how was all of this enforced? By terror -- much of it instigated by the Ku Klux Klan, founded by a Democrat, Nathan Bedford Forrest.

As historian Eric Foner - himself a Democrat - notes:

“In effect, the Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party.”

President Woodrow Wilson, a Democrat, shared many views with the Klan. He re-segregated many federal agencies, and even screened the first movie ever played at the White House - the racist film “The Birth of a Nation,” originally entitled “The Clansman.”

A few decades later, the only serious congressional opposition to the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964 came from Democrats.

Eighty percent of Republicans in Congress supported the bill. Less than 70 percent of Democrats did. Democratic senators filibustered the bill for 75 days, until Republicans mustered the few extra votes needed to break the logjam.

And when all of their efforts to enslave blacks, keep them enslaved, and then keep them from voting had failed, the Democrats came up with a new strategy: If black people are going to vote, they might as well vote for Democrats. As President Lyndon Johnson was purported to have said about the Civil Rights Act, “I’ll have them n*****s voting Democrat for two hundred years.”

So now, the Democratic Party prospers on the votes of the very people it has spent much of its history oppressing.

Democrats falsely claim that the Republican Party is the villain, when in reality it’s the failed policies of the Democratic Party that have kept blacks down. Massive government welfare has decimated the black family. Opposition to school choice has kept them trapped in failing schools. Politically correct policing has left black neighborhoods defenseless against violent crime.

So, when you think about racial equality and civil rights, which political party should come to mind?

I’m Carol Swain, professor of political science and law at Vanderbilt University, for Prager University.



Last edited by PkrBum on 7/5/2017, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Transcript)

View user profile

2 Re: Do You Really Align w the DNC? on 7/5/2017, 6:34 pm

Here we go... step right up, folks, this is gonna be fun to watch.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

3 Re: Do You Really Align w the DNC? on 7/5/2017, 6:39 pm

That's not the link that prompted the thread. Now i can't find it. I'll keep looking.

View user profile

4 Re: Do You Really Align w the DNC? on 7/5/2017, 6:42 pm

PkrBum wrote:That's not the link that prompted the thread. Now i can't find it. I'll keep looking.

Bullshit... lol.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

5 Re: Do You Really Align w the DNC? on 7/5/2017, 6:48 pm

View user profile

6 Re: Do You Really Align w the DNC? on 7/5/2017, 7:18 pm

View user profile

7 Re: Do You Really Align w the DNC? on 7/5/2017, 7:40 pm

PkrBum wrote:https://www.prageru.com/courses/history/inconvenient-truth-about-democratic-party

When you think about racial equality and civil rights, which political party comes to mind? The Republicans? Or, the Democrats?

Most people would probably say the Democrats. But this answer is incorrect.  

Since its founding in 1829, the Democratic Party has fought against every major civil rights initiative, and has a long history of discrimination.

The Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, opposed Reconstruction, founded the Ku Klux Klan, imposed segregation, perpetrated lynchings, and fought against the civil rights acts of the 1950s and 1960s.

In contrast, the Republican Party was founded in 1854 as an anti-slavery party. Its mission was to stop the spread of slavery into the new western territories with the aim of abolishing it entirely. This effort, however, was dealt a major blow by the Supreme Court. In the 1857 case Dred Scott v. Sandford, the court ruled that slaves aren’t citizens; they’re property. The seven justices who voted in favor of slavery? All Democrats. The two justices who dissented? Both Republicans.

The slavery question was, of course, ultimately resolved by a bloody civil war. The commander-in-chief during that war was the first Republican President, Abraham Lincoln – the man who freed the slaves.

Six days after the Confederate army surrendered, John Wilkes Booth, a Democrat, assassinated President Lincoln. Lincoln’s vice president, a Democrat named Andrew Johnson, assumed the presidency. But Johnson adamantly opposed Lincoln’s plan to integrate the newly freed slaves into the South’s economic and social order.

Johnson and the Democratic Party were unified in their opposition to the 13th Amendment, which abolished slavery; the 14th Amendment, which gave blacks citizenship; and the 15th Amendment, which gave blacks the vote. All three passed only because of universal Republican support.

During the era of Reconstruction, federal troops stationed in the south helped secure rights for the newly freed slaves. Hundreds of black men were elected to southern state legislatures as Republicans, and 22 black Republicans served in the US Congress by 1900. The Democrats did not elect a black man to Congress until 1935.

But after Reconstruction ended, when the federal troops went home, Democrats roared back into power in the South. They quickly reestablished white supremacy across the region with measures like black codes – laws that restricted the ability of blacks to own property and run businesses. And they imposed poll taxes and literacy tests, used to subvert the black citizen’s right to vote.

And how was all of this enforced? By terror -- much of it instigated by the Ku Klux Klan, founded by a Democrat, Nathan Bedford Forrest.

As historian Eric Foner - himself a Democrat - notes:

“In effect, the Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party.”

President Woodrow Wilson, a Democrat, shared many views with the Klan. He re-segregated many federal agencies, and even screened the first movie ever played at the White House - the racist film “The Birth of a Nation,” originally entitled “The Clansman.”

A few decades later, the only serious congressional opposition to the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964 came from Democrats.

Eighty percent of Republicans in Congress supported the bill. Less than 70 percent of Democrats did. Democratic senators filibustered the bill for 75 days, until Republicans mustered the few extra votes needed to break the logjam.

And when all of their efforts to enslave blacks, keep them enslaved, and then keep them from voting had failed, the Democrats came up with a new strategy: If black people are going to vote, they might as well vote for Democrats. As President Lyndon Johnson was purported to have said about the Civil Rights Act, “I’ll have them n*****s voting Democrat for two hundred years.”

So now, the Democratic Party prospers on the votes of the very people it has spent much of its history oppressing.

Democrats falsely claim that the Republican Party is the villain, when in reality it’s the failed policies of the Democratic Party that have kept blacks down. Massive government welfare has decimated the black family. Opposition to school choice has kept them trapped in failing schools.  Politically correct policing has left black neighborhoods defenseless against violent crime.

So, when you think about racial equality and civil rights, which political party should come to mind?

I’m Carol Swain, professor of political science and law at Vanderbilt University, for Prager University.




View user profile

8 Re: Do You Really Align w the DNC? on 7/5/2017, 7:48 pm

Pk discussing the whigs and who they are today is as relevant to understanding who are the dixiecrats today and who drove this nation to civil war. Please look at the electoral map, and tell us where there is a break in the old civil war states and the new republican party. Your sophistry is for people with an IQ below a hundred. Please stop distorting the truth. Nixon's southern strategy was designed to accept the hateful dixiecrats into the Republican Party. Stop it. An honorable man does not conduct himself this way.

The truth is simple. The KKK supported President Trump. There is no confusion. The truth stands on its merits. So what relevance does the Whig party, the democratic/republican party, or the various populace parties have to do with current parties.......NOTHING.

View user profile

9 Re: Do You Really Align w the DNC? on 7/5/2017, 8:55 pm

Floridatexan wrote:




Perfect!

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

10 Re: Do You Really Align w the DNC? on 7/6/2017, 8:44 am

Whenever you talk about the Republicans doing anything for Civil Rights, you're talking far in the past, because they dropped that a long time ago. I've given you a history of the Dixiecrats and everything that came after already here, so there's no point in going through it again -- you're gonna believe whatever horseshit backs up what you want to think, no matter how big a lie you have to swallow or how big a fool you have to make of yourself to do it. But you're not likely to fool anyone who grew up in the South during (and since) the 60's. I remember damn well who was always screaming the racist stuff, and it wasn't the Democrats.

View user profile

11 Re: Do You Really Align w the DNC? on 7/8/2017, 12:17 pm

Guest


Guest
2seaoat wrote:Pk discussing the whigs and who they are today is as relevant to understanding who are the dixiecrats today and who drove this nation to civil war.  Please look at the electoral map, and tell us where there is a break in the old civil war states and the new republican party.  Your sophistry is for people with an IQ below a hundred.   Please stop distorting the truth.   Nixon's southern strategy was designed to accept the hateful dixiecrats into the Republican Party.  Stop it.  An honorable man does not conduct himself this way.

The truth is simple.  The KKK supported President Trump.   There is no confusion.   The truth stands on its merits.   So what relevance does the Whig party, the democratic/republican party, or the various populace parties have to do with current parties.......NOTHING.

Well, I guess you forgot when the KKK endorsed Mrs. Cankles, but I will remind you.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-03-14/ku-klux-klan-grand-dragon-will-quigg-endorses-hillary-clinton-for-president

Oh, and wasn't Robert Byrd, the esteemed left wing democratic Senator a member of the KKK too? Yes, he was and Hillary called him a mentor.

12 Re: Do You Really Align w the DNC? on 7/8/2017, 12:28 pm

Guest wrote:
Well, I guess you forgot when the KKK endorsed Mrs. Cankles, but I will remind you.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-03-14/ku-klux-klan-grand-dragon-will-quigg-endorses-hillary-clinton-for-president

Oh, and wasn't Robert Byrd, the esteemed left wing democratic Senator a member of the KKK too? Yes, he was and Hillary called him a mentor.

You imbecile! Do you even read the stuff you link to?

Here's the last paragraph of that article:

"Based on his past statements, it doesn’t appear highly credible that he has changed his effusive allegiance to Donald Trump,” Brian Levin, a former New York police officer who is director of the Centre for the Study of Hate and Extremism at California State University in San Bernardino, told the Telegraph. “The timing seems suspect. I think this is a function of not wanting to undermine the Trump campaign.”  
https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-03-14/ku-klux-klan-grand-dragon-will-quigg-endorses-hillary-clinton-for-president

What, you struggle with reading comprehension? Why doesn't that surprise me.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum